Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? (785 Views)

Onitsha Church On A Prayer Walk For Trump (Pictures & Video) / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2017
Quick question :
Why is it easy for Christians who were committed in Nigeria to stop going to church abroad?

I love God, and I'm Spirit filled. But I believe in spirituality and not religion. I believe that Jesus is Lord over my life. And believe in being led to where I can worship God in spirit and in truth. Until I find that place, I don't force myself.

So,in a nutshell, I'm not a church goer in Nigeria, but my brother was. He went to the UK for his masters, and I noticed he didn't go to church
Even tho his church (RCCG) was close to his school. I understand that fusing school and work can be tasking but what of when we vacation?
Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by greatnaija01: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2017
How are you spirit filled and not consistent in Church(the only major place to fellowship with other believers? Hebrews 10:25 - Not forsaking the assembling of the brethren..)?

How are you SPirit filled and you are not PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GOSPEL TO WINNING SOULS..... If you win souls, then what church do you send them to when you barely attend?

Do not be fooled to be worried about your Bro in the UK when here at home you barely go yourself, its like Kettle calling stove black.... Someone who was not deeply involved in the passionate service of God in Nigeria will go anywhere in the world and continue their tradition....

SERVING GOD or the Consistency of going to Church and Having a Physical spiritual authority(Pastor) over you BEGINS AT HOME!!!!

Pls consider this

IForgotMyLoginD:
Quick question :
Why is it easy for Christians who were committed in Nigeria to stop going to church abroad?

I love God, and I'm Spirit filled. But I believe in spirituality and not religion. I believe that Jesus is Lord over my life. And believe in being led to where I can worship God in spirit and in truth. Until I find that place, I don't force myself.

So,in a nutshell, I'm not a church goer in Nigeria, but my brother was. He went to the UK for his masters, and I noticed he didn't go to church
Even tho his church (RCCG) was close to his school. I understand that fusing school and work can be tasking but what of when we vacation?

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by AntiWailer: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post

3 Likes

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2017
The mistake of being judgmental. Yes I am spirit filled but NOT a church goer. I never said I don't go for church programs. And I win souls for Christ. It's not a Church affair. It's a GOD affair. When I tell people about my JESUS, I pray to God to lead them to where they can worship Him in spirit and truth.

That's the mistake (I think) most Christians make. Quick to judge other's salvation based on church.

Judge me all you can, but that doesn't stop me from worshiping with my Christian friends when we are together... Or testifying about God's goodness to me to people I am opportuned to talk to.... Or fellowshiping with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, daily.

I don't care about labels. You questioning my spirituality doesn't affect my position with God. Thank God that the ink that writes our name in the Book of Life isnt in the hands of man.

Read my comments well and again, I am waiting on God to lead me to where I will worship Him in spirit and truth. If you have a problem with that, too bad. For now, I am a nonconformist Christian. If you don't know what that is, too bad.

greatnaija01:
How are you spirit filled and not consistent in Church(the only major place to fellowship with other believers? Hebrews 10:25 - Not forsaking the assembling of the brethren..)?

How are you SPirit filled and you are not PASSIONATE ABOUT THE GOSPEL TO WINNING SOULS..... If you win souls, then what church do you send them to when you barely attend?

Do not be fooled to be worried about your Bro in the UK when here at home you barely go yourself, its like Kettle calling stove black.... Someone who was not deeply involved in the passionate service of God in Nigeria will go anywhere in the world and continue their tradition....

SERVING GOD or the Consistency of going to Church and Having a Physical spiritual authority(Pastor) over you BEGINS AT HOME!!!!

Pls consider this

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by greatnaija01: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2017
I asked simple questions o.... GOD LEADS PEOPLE TO FELLOWSHIP not for PROGRAMS.... PROGRAMS are done for the PUBLIC. You will have kids or maybe you do, HOW WILL YOU PROVE YOUR STANCE BASED ON THE WORD OF GOD.... The questions I asked were to know where in the bible you found your stance from. Am shocked that you feel you can act of your own "PRIVATE" relationship with God without being Clear on what the WORD SAYS.... I mean you no disrespect, I just want to know.

IForgotMyLoginD:
The mistake of being judgmental. Yes I am spirit filled but NOT a church goer. I never said I don't go for church programs. And I win souls for Christ. It's not a Church affair. It's a GOD affair. When I tell people about my JESUS, I pray to God to lead them to where they can worship Him in spirit and truth.

That's the mistake (I think) most Christians make. Quick to judge other's salvation based on church.

Judge me all you can, but that doesn't stop me from worshiping with my Christian friends when we are together... Or testifying about God's goodness to me to people I am opportuned to talk to.... Or fellowshiping with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, daily.

I don't care about labels. You questioning my spirituality doesn't affect my position with God. Thank God that the ink that writes our name in the Book of Life isnt in the hands of man.

Read my comments well and again, I am waiting on God to lead me to where I will worship Him in spirit and truth. If you have a problem with that, too bad. For now, I am a nonconformist Christian. If you don't know what that is, too bad.

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by An2elect2(f): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2017
Because there is no such thing as "going to church on Sunday" in the biblical sense. It's all man made ritual

1 Like

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sir,
That's why I said read my comments and read it well. I remember saying I'm waiting to be led to a place where I will worship God in spirit and truth. Until then, I don't force church going. I never said I'm against church going.

And those programs, like the RCCG's Holy Ghost night, and other programs or conventions I've attended are a fellowship (and have been more of a blessing to me than ANY Sunday service I've attended in my adult years). When I have devotions with my parents and siblings, that's a fellowship. When I connect live online to hear God's word, that's a fellowship. When two or more are gathered In HIS NAME, He's there.

Until the Spirit of the Lord directs me to a physical structure where I can connect with Him, I am content with the above.

And what will I tell my kids? Who is to say God won't reveal where He wants me to 'routinely worship' Him before my kids arrive?

And if He doesn't, I will still train them in the way of the Lord.

greatnaija01:
I asked simple questions o.... GOD LEADS PEOPLE TO FELLOWSHIP not for PROGRAMS.... PROGRAMS are done for the PUBLIC. You will have kids or maybe you do, HOW WILL YOU PROVE YOUR STANCE BASED ON THE WORD OF GOD.... The questions I asked were to know where in the bible you found your stance from. Am shocked that you feel you can act of your own "PRIVATE" relationship with God without being Clear on what the WORD SAYS.... I mean you no disrespect, I just want to know.

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by sonofluc1fer: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Because Govt works

And abroad is not only UK and US.
Try to read up on other cultures and expand your mind.
Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lemme take this questions one after the other.

1. What matters is not where Christians fellowship. It's that THEY FELLOWSHIP. I never forsake the assembling of believers.

2. I've answered the winning soul question... I am passionate about winning souls. I win soul by testifying about what God's done for me. As for where to direct them to, they can go to any God-approved church the Spirit leads them to.

3. I'm not worried about my brother not attending church in the UK, he's back home now (I'll be more worried if his relationship with God isn't right.). I was curious so I created this post to ask a question.

4. I serve God at Home. My family devotion. My house. As for spiritual head, my spiritual head is JESUS. I have pastors I talk to, learn from and listen to. They are not my spiritual head, they are God's vessels and Channels of blessing to me.

The fellowship is not a criteria for making heaven. It's to encourage us in our walk with God and to have a support system on earth. There are various means of felowshipping.... And condemning other means is wrong.

Believing in Jesus and most importantly, Holiness are the only criteria for making heaven.

greatnaija01:

Pls consider this

Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thanks for ur contribution.

I know abroad isn't just US and UK FYI sir or ma.
Maybe majority of Nigerians in Asia and outside UK and US also attend service regularly? I wouldn't know. I only have experience with UK and US.
And I'm curious.

sonofluc1fer:
Because Govt works

And abroad is not only UK and US.
Try to read up on other cultures and expand your mind.
Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by sonofluc1fer: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
IForgotMyLoginD:
Thanks for ur contribution.

I know abroad isn't just US and UK FYI sir or ma.
Maybe majority of Nigerians in Asia and outside UK and US also attend service regularly? I wouldn't know. I only have experience with UK and US.
And I'm curious.

Apologies if my tone sounded condescending. It was not intentional.

Yeah, I lived in India for sometime, and Sundays was just like any other day. We sometimes wrote examinations on Sundays. Christmas is not celebrated as much too..
Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
It's fine. smiley I also appreciate your explaining this to me. I just learnt something new. Thank you again smiley

sonofluc1fer:

Apologies if my tone sounded condescending. It was not intentional.

Yeah, I lived in India for sometime, and Sundays was just like any other day. We sometimes wrote examinations on Sundays. Christmas is not celebrated as much too..
Re: Christians Abroad WHY is going to church on Sundays not popular abroad? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lol. Thanks for the passion. But we can't force people to proclaim Christ. Accepting Him isn't about words of mouth but by deeds from the heart. So leave Seun to do what Seun wants.

God can raise anyone to proclaim Him anywhere. Even stones.

I PROCLAIM THAT JESUS IS LORD AND ALIVE

AntiWailer:
Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Shiloh 2017....A New Dawn / My Favourite Quotes From "The Black Book Of Satan"!!! / Pastor Buys Brand New Maserati Levante Car For His 6yrs Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.