Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever (33093 Views)

"My Sweet Mother" - Annie Idibia Shows Off Her Mother (photo) / Meaning Of 'Sweet Boys' Association Trend Explained By Twitter Users / Blackface Releases A 2014 Chat Of 2face Admitting To Stealing His Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by nairalandfreak(m): 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Im gonna put this on my platform to promote him in my own little way

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Angelopeters: 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
bong4:
The song was later remixed by a lady who even added French in it. You should have made your observation in a civil manner though.

Her name is Tilda, it's usual to see people criticizing others here on NL even when they're not entirely right.
Not cool at all

3 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by enemyofprogress: 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kenex4ever(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Good musician, he spoke Igbo fluently in his song "christiana" I wonder why he didn't sing with Efik since he grew up there.

It's like his mother is Igbo?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by itsandi(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nice! Its late sha
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by TimeMod1: 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
Evergreen...
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by adetayo234: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
RIPEnglish:
This song is him best song he has ever singed. .

RIPEnglish indeed
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by thedondada(m): 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Love this jam.timeless
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Deefuray(f): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Evergreen
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Neddyogu(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

You are slightly silly. Did the voice in the song sound like that of a woman ?

Easy on d attack, Probably just a kid who heard a cover version by a woman.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by ayourbamie: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Exempted: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
So sad his son isn't taking after his step because he's scared the people that killed his father might come for his head.....

His son Nicholas is my friend. Grauduated from UniJos (biotech) 2014 together with his elder sister....

Sweetmother was a hit and still a hit till date....

6 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Obudupikin: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My all time best
Aki special.

"No no no no no no no no a ye!

Who know tomorrow brother?
Aki...
Nobody know tomorrow."

Hol up!!! He sang that too?

Been looking for that song for a while now. Didn't know the title nor the singer.

Thanks man for the revelation.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by nogasimplicity: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
the music is really scintillating, it portrays the love between mother and child .
the man really did well, the song will be remembered for ages to come.

SWEET MOTHER I NO GO FORGET YOU.......
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by wildchild02: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
He's a true legend!!!

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nightshift(m): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
Prince Nico Mbarga was one of Nigeria's original. His type of Highlife music influenced a group like Ikenga Super Stars of Africa.

I remember listening to his vibes on Tempos In Highlife on ABS Radio 1 Enugu during the 80s.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by ipobarecriminals: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
embarassed
shadrach77:

angry
shadrach77:

one can't ask harmless question again?Do u knw his age?

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by nkemdi89(f): 6:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
What of his children.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=FreshBoss007 post=61219965]I thought sweet mother was sang by a woman [/quot

I understand why you feel this way,a lady around year 2000 did a cover of that song "sweet mother" and I'm sure you heard that version not the real Mbarga version.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nightshift(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mbarga was also a very charismatic musician. He was admired like Sir Warrior or Ali Chukwuma. Great African musicians from the star of Orion!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by 01mcfadden(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Donjazzy12:

You should be ashamed of yourself! This is one of the things I have been saying. Most of the male youths we have in Nigeria are completely useless and totally worthless.
They don't read, they don't research all they do is live for pussy. Wasted generation! If na to dance one corner dance, na that one you go sabi.

What's your problem ?

Is that guy responsible for your problems?
Not sure it's just about that honest remark he made. Haba!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by niggi4life(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Jacktheripper: 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
I believe in the next 50years Seun too will be well recognized
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Damfostopper(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
FreshBoss007:
I thought sweet mother was sang by a woman
the original version was sang by prince Nico and the copied version was sang by Tilda.... I think they wey related.....

no mind shadrach77 wey attack Yu.... na relaxer full im shithead

2 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Damfostopper(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
01mcfadden:

What's your problem ?

Is that guy responsible for your problems?
Not sure it's just about that honest remark he made. Haba!
no mind the oloriburuku.....like say he is responsible for his predicament

5 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Odianose13(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
Meek3445:
Autopsy And Toxicology Report Revealed, See Reason Behind Tagbo's death
The autopsy and toxicology report of Davido’s late friend, Tagbo Umeike, revealed that Alcohol was a substantial factor in the 35-year-old’s autopsy report. According to CBS Lagos, Tagbo was also found to have alcohol and drugs in his system capable of better easing him into the early stages of hypothermia, later leading to his death.
See the report below;
http://www.bossmeek.com.ng/2017/10/autopsy-and-tagbo-death-report-revealed.html?m=1

You get sense so? Wetin Tagbo and Prince Nico get in common? Create a f**king thread about Tagbo if u wanna share ur findings on his autopsy.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

Hahahaha, Nawao!!!

Slightly silly. Hahahaha
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Afromalaika(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
joseo:
this is one thing about us, we never appreciate ourself, you can imaging 13 million sold and I don't still know his name until this very moment
I just dey know em name too...too bad of Africa.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by cutievik: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Exempted:
So sad his son isn't taking after his step because he's scared the people that killed his father might come for his head.....

His son Nicholas is my friend. Grauduated from UniJos (biotech) 2014 together with his elder sister....

Sweetmother was a hit and still a hit till date....
Really?!... He believes his father was killed? Mehn shit dey happen sha.. But if he's got the talent i would advise he rides on his father's legacy and shine on.... Fu@khaters.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Longnthick(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Someone should please upload the song for us to download oh...
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by meedx: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
FreshBoss007:
I thought sweet mother was sang by a woman

Actually, a woman did a remake of the song but it was originally done by a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umarudeen Kayode Bailed, Released After 7 Days In Kirikiri Prison (Video) / Burna Boy Strips & Performs On Stage In His Underpants / Tekno Releases Teaser To His New Jam,Drake Reacts. (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.