Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,531 members, 7,826,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever (33099 Views)

"My Sweet Mother" - Annie Idibia Shows Off Her Mother (photo) / Meaning Of 'Sweet Boys' Association Trend Explained By Twitter Users / Blackface Releases A 2014 Chat Of 2face Admitting To Stealing His Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by swagagolic01(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sang it for my mom on mothers day... best song in the world
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by woodmood: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
kay29000:
Yea, the guy's song was a hit, but there is no proof that he sold 13 milliom copies.

Good thinking.

You can see the writer of the story saying he sold more than the Beatles. What a fallacious fallacy. It only people can do little research before going to the print.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by feldido(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
Monaco2:

A lady actually did a cover of this song, maybe that's the version he heard

Yes, by his daughter
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by meedx: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Wayo in- law

You give me wife

make you take am back

I be no know say

you go do me so

I dey come meet you

to give me my money

My late dad had his stereo plate(what is it called).
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by AlanSugar(m): 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
FreshBoss007:
I thought sweet mother was sang by a woman

Poor you. You even thought "sweet mother" was the name of a book!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by meedx: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
feldido:

Yes, by his daughter
Tilda was never his daughter
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by mrdipye(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nice story At least I know who sang it now
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by AlanSugar(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
joseo:
this is one thing about us, we never appreciate ourself, you can imaging 13 million sold and I don't still know his name until this very moment

Are you part of the 13 million Africans that lived when the song reigned?

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kwankwaso(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
This song touches me anytime I listen to it.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by vertueptime: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
joseo:
this is one thing about us, we never appreciate ourself, you can imaging 13 million sold and I don't still know his name until this very moment

Abeg, sold or downloaded abi played in weddings and events, who de buy copies of songs, even in the days of cassette na dub we de dubb

2 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by fashrola(m): 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
kenex4ever:
Good musician, he spoke Igbo fluently in his song "christiana" I wonder why he didn't sing with Efik since he grew up there.

It's like his mother is Igbo?

Ikom speaks a different language from Calabar people (Efik) .. Far different!!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kay29000(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
woodmood:

Good thinking.

You can see the writer of the story saying he sold more than the Beatles. What a fallacious fallacy. It only people can do little research before going to the print.

EXACTLY! The guy probably has no idea who The Beatles are/were.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by feldido(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
meedx:

Tilda was never his daughter

I felt I've heard her saying so in one of her interviews, I may be wrong though
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Chukazu: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

You are slightly silly. Did the voice in the song sound like that of a woman ?

that is too hash...

the song has other remixes , that could be what he heard undecided

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Empiree: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

easy nau. he was referring to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXA0i7gyB8
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Chukazu: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
woodmood:

Good thinking.

he didn't say "he sold more than the Beatles"

he said he "he sold more than the Beatles best seller"

that song in 2010 was voted the best song out of Africa by BBC LISTENERS

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Jungleluv5: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
RIPEnglish:
This song is him best song he has ever singed. .
What of Christiana
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by mechanics(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

easy na, he's just asking a question.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by KingTom(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
FreshBoss007:
A woman later re made all his songs. The original was done by a man, it's mostly the woman's version we hear these days. A Cameroonian I think she was his girlfriend or something. No mind those idiots attacking you for what they don't know grin
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
May the soul Prince Nico rejoice wherever he is.

God bless our mothers.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Igboid: 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
Christiana bu Enyi nwanyi le eh
Christiana kwere na-oga anumu o!

Oh! Christiana o!
Idika onye, Idika onye!
Ina emere m nganga ah!

Classic songs!

Aki, like NwaAmikpe noted was the bomb too.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by sleek82(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
woodmood:

Good thinking.

this was the same question i asked myself ooo...how did the op generate his figure? (13 million copies?) In a Nigeria where piracy is the order of the day? Op fear God ooo!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by sleek82(m): 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chukazu:

he didn't say "he sold more than the Beatles"

he said he "he sold more than the Beatles best seller"

that song in 2010 was voted the best song out of Africa by BBC LISTENERS
how did he know is my question....atleast if it was a bbc report, the source should be quoted
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Abiee: 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nawteemaxie:

Me too! This is a shocker!

The real song was sang by a man, Prince Mbarga but a woman (maybe his daughter, if he had any) re-did the song because of the fact that it was a hit back to back
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Amajerry83(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
How old are u? grin grin grin
FreshBoss007:
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by boyjo: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Codedrock which church sings sweet mother speakless of adding hallelujah to it?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Monaco2(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
feldido:

Yes, by his daughter

No sir, her name is Louisiana Tilda
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by woodmood: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
sleek82:
how did he know is my question....atleast if it was a bbc report, the source should be quoted

My brother
BBC report or song of the year or century whatever, people should just research who the Beatles are.
I do envisage that it might be difficult especially by people made up of those who are not sure whether the song was by a man or woman and some getting to hear about the song for the first time
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Donjazzy12(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
01mcfadden:

What's your problem ?

Is that guy responsible for your problems?
Not sure it's just about that honest remark he made. Haba!
What is this one saying?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Oh, mama, I miss you! cry

I remember how my eldest bro would always sing this song for her...and she'll be all smiles, reassuring us how she'd always be there for us.

But ma, you didn't stay so long. cry
#Sweet Mother, I no go forget you...

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by sioglobal: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
its a deserved recognition prince Nico has been a popular voice in the music industry although millions of this indomie generation don't know much about him and his music, but he is and remain one of the best African singer today and for the days to come. RIP PRINCE
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kennethokey15(m): 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

A woman by name Tilda sang her cover. She and Prince Nico Mbarga were in the same record label (Rocafil Jazz)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Galaxy Assault: What Happened At Shizzi’s Studio – Davido Speaks / Davido Prays For Wizkid Over The Death Of His Mum / Yul Edochie Unveils Emeka Okonkwo As His Running Mate [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.