Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,315 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. (2320 Views)

FG, Niger Republic To Partner On Rail Construction – Amaechi / Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail / Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by omenka(m): 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Jetleeee:

Rails are just as important as roads. Pressure on road infrastructure is one of the major causes of road damages and accidents. We need alternatives.

And there is a lot of money to be made from rail. Lots of Direct/indirect jobs will be created and it will boost trade
When I saw that comment ehn, I was like "are these people given medals to stay dumb"? cheesy

Who says rails MUST BE preceded by "good roads"?

No wa o! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by izombie(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
AZeD1:

If you have functioning rails, there'll be less traffic on the roads which means roads will last longer.
which roads are you talking about? We have no roads.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by izombie(m): 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bolustical:

Tell me some developed countries despite their excellent road networks that do not that have efficient rail systems.

The way you IPOBians have been wired to reason, only God can deliver.
you just said it. Excellent road network. Now tell me, do we have excellent roads in nigeria? The answer is no. Fix the roads first. Like i said, misplaced priority. You can call me ipob but na you sabi.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by izombie(m): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
dannytoe:
senseless post.....your moniker says it all.
nonsense person. Your post says it all
Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by oladeebo: 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
Danladi7:
Abuja Light Rail is a project that is underway to build
a light rail transport system in Abuja in FCT , Nigeria.
The first phase of the project will connect the city
center to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport ,
stopping at the standard gauge railway station in Idu.
The project is 90% complete as of March 2017 [1] and
is expected to be launched in December 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuja_Light_Rail
Our elites were illiterate, they have all the educational tittle but can't even built rail road for us!
Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by deomelo: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bolustical:

Tell me some developed countries despite their excellent road networks that do not that have efficient rail systems.

The way you IPOBians have been wired to reason, only God can deliver.

But ipobbithes don't think because they don't have brains.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2017
oladeebo:

Our elites were illiterate, they have all the educational tittle but can't even built rail road for us!
if u; a potential or future leader call some set of people 'illiterates' with this ur written words, haa, I give up on our educational system.

we'll continue to stay under d leadership of the 'illiterate elites' cos the 'literate' younger ones are worse.
Re: Abuja Light Rail Construction Updates. by oladeebo: 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
shervydman:

if u; a potential or future leader call some set of people 'illiterates' with this ur written words, haa, I give up on our educational system.

we'll continue to stay under d leadership of the 'illiterate elites' cos the 'literate' younger ones are worse.
yah we don't have alternative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Ekiti Pdp Governorship Candidate Prof. Kolapo Did This Morning(photos) / See The Bad & Very Dirty Condition Of Major Road & Central Town Of Aba (Photos) / #osundecides2018: Official Results From Several Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.