Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. (4696 Views)

Black Cinderella Calls On Kenyan Ashawos To Come & Protect Nigerian Customers / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / Kenyan Lady: “Every Nigerian Is Frustrated And Likes To Shout” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello,
I'm a Kenyan lady in my mid twenties.
Nigeria is one African country I've always had in my travel bucket list and I would love to visit in November.
What is the approximate amount I should have to enjoy a one week visit. What is the standard of living over there?
Which hotels would you recommend so I can check online?
Is it better to visit Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by def111(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
You are welcome. I will advice you chose Lagos for vacation. U can look booking.com to book a hotel... Everything you want to spend depend on you. Do you know someone in Lagos to take you round the city. Do research to see where to visit and interesting things to see

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
I appreciate the response. No, I don't know anyone in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole. I want to visit shops I can find unique Nigerian made clothes and shoes. Interact with different people in Nigeria, Oh my, I'd love to listen to people speak pidgin, and learn too. Go to a Nigerian club, dance to those naija music like hell, eat Nigerian delicacies.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by thorpido(m): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Def111 already shared good advise.Be careful you don't hook up with a stranger though it's better you have someone who can guide you around the city.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by obua: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,
I'm a Kenyan lady in my mid twenties, a lawyer by profession.
Nigeria is one African country I've always had in my travel bucket list and I would love to visit in November.
What is the approximate amount I should have to enjoy a one week visit. What is the standard of living over there?
check www.hotelsng.com
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Geologyst(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bae,you really Wanna come Enjoy yourself here Ooo....quite sad i'm not in Lagos right now:i woulda make your world beautiful here in Nigeria.
#GLYGST.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by bkool7(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
Then Lagos is the place you should visit. Thats where you can have all those experience you mentioned.
Check the site you were given above. You can get some cheap and comfortable hostels as low as $14 in Lagos.
I have friends in Kenya planning to visit Lagos too. Maybe when I tell them about you they'll be inspired to visit.
Try getting a Nigerian visa first.
And please keep me informed.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by bkool7(m): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,

Then Lagos is the place you should visit. Thats
where you can have all those experience you
mentioned.
Check the site you were given above. You can get
some cheap and comfortable hostels as low as $
14 in Lagos.
I have friends in Kenya planning to visit Lagos
too. Maybe when I tell them about you they'll be
inspired to visit.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
bkool7:
Then Lagos is the place you should visit. Thats where you can have all those experience you mentioned.
Check the site you were given above. You can get some cheap and comfortable hostels as low as $14 in Lagos.
I have friends in Kenya planning to visit Lagos too. Maybe when I tell them about you they'll be inspired to visit.
My most sincere appreciation. I'll apply for the visa tomorrow. I'll keep you informed, if possible, I can travel with your friends if they don't mind, so I can have the company while there。

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
thorpido:
Def111 already shared good advise.Be careful you don't hook up with a stranger though it's better you have someone who can guide you around the city.
Thank you, yes, I'll be careful. Is it a friendly environment ?friendly people
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
obua:
check www.hotelsng.com
Thank you
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:

Yes, I live in Nairobi. Okay, I'll mail you.

Be very careful, don't let yourself down
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by thorpido(m): 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:

Thank you, yes, I'll be careful. Is it a friendly environment ?friendly people
Yes,Nigerians are very friendly.A few are unscrupulous.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
thorpido:
Yes,Nigerians are very friendly.A few are unscrupulous.
Please let us stop deceiving ourselves. You know the bolded is a gross understatement. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:

My most sincere appreciation. I'll apply for the visa tomorrow. I'll keep you informed, if possible, I can travel with your friends if they don't mind, so I can have the company while there。
No matter where you go, DO NOT pass through Iyana-Dopemu/Iyana Ipaja/Cement/Mongoro axis.

I repeat, DON'T pass through the aforementioned otherwise you will fall ill and regret coming to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by CyberGypsy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Enjoy your stay !

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by thorpido(m): 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ishilove:

Please let us stop deceiving ourselves. You know the bolded is a gross understatement. grin
Ishilove you're good(by my subjective assessment) and I'm someone above fraud and crime too.Don't you think there are many like us?

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by chloride6: 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
What are you going to in Abuja?

grin grin

Travel and hotel prices will greatly influence your budget.

Most of your focus should be on the Island at least for now.

It's safer and convenient.

You are good with Uber for all your transport needs in these areas too.

Base room prices range from 65k per night to even 13k per night even on the island.

I believe you can get a 200k or less return ticket from Nairobi.

I dont know what your plans are but for you may be to make do with 100 - 150k for expenses.

So do your research, plan your trip.

Most importantly enjoy yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Ishilove: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
thorpido:
Ishilove you're good(by my subjective assessment) and I'm someone above fraud and crime too.Don't you think there are many like us?
You do have a valid point.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by mployer(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Visit Abuja first to calm your nerves down before coming to Lagos. I know what I am saying cheesy

Lagos is the real deal actually wink
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Beautyaddy: 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,

Hmmmm....Abuja is peaceful while Lagos is chaotic but that's where the fun is.

Either way, I hope you have someone in Nigeria you trust to make this trip more enjoyable and safe?
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Khonvicted(m): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,

Hello Good morning ma, I'm from the immigrant section forum.. I quoted you earlier inquiring if it was only the medical examination that was required from you before your interview..Coz my petition was approved about 2 weeks ago and I haven't gotten an instruction to know the next step I'll be facing..

I didn't get ur reply Coz the mods in the forum deleted it ..
I'll be expecting your reply here, Thanks
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by edoman2016: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ishilove:

No matter where you go, DO NOT pass through Iyana-Dopemu/Iyana Ipaja/Cement/Mongoro axis.

I repeat, DON'T pass through the aforementioned otherwise you will fall ill and regret coming to Nigeria.
And what is wrong if she comes to your aforementioned axis in Lagos? If foreigners such as Chinese can be working in construction in those axis, what makes her unsafe? Lagos is a very safe state in Nigeria. Any criminals try any thing funny,. Police are already on ground. Ask oshodi thugs how they are always caught and dealt with.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Womenrep(f): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Khonvicted:

Hello Good morning ma, I'm from the immigrant section forum.. I quoted you earlier inquiring if it was only the medical examination that was required from you before your interview..Coz my petition was approved about 2 weeks ago and I haven't gotten an instruction to know the next step I'll be facing..

I didn't get ur reply Coz the mods in the forum deleted it ..
I'll be expecting your reply here, Thanks

Hello, sorry for the late response. After the approval, it will take about 2-3 weeks to get an e-mail from your local embassy with a list of interview requirements. The email may be sent to you, or your fiance, you should both keep checking. After you receive the email, you can schedule an interview appointment and do your medical examination. You will fill a form Ds 160, have 5 passport photographs, birth certificate, police clearance certificate.
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Khonvicted(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Khonvicted(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2017
Womenrep:

Hello, sorry for the late response. After the approval, it will take about 2-3 weeks to get an e-mail from your local embassy with a list of interview requirements. The email may be sent to you, or your fiance, you should both keep checking. After you receive the email, you can schedule an interview appointment and do your medical examination. You will fill a form Ds 160, have 5 passport photographs, birth certificate, police clearance certificate.

Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by corpROYAL(m): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2017
There are alot to do in Abuja, alot of places to visit, very calm and free from rushing up and down, what you just need is a sincere person that can take you round with one cab driver. I know a place here in abuja where you can buy made in Nigeria Ankra bags, shoes, bangles, beads and craft.

You can also visit Jabi lake, milleluem parks, unity fountains, central business district, shoprite, art gallery own by ben brush, National assembly view, National saduim, hill view, Gwarinpa etc a lot of fun places in abuja, if you want to also know how Nigeria local setting look like visit garki, Durumi, kabusha, lugbe etc. You will really enjoy you stay here.

An average good hotel in Abuja start from $35 per night, use Jevago to book your hotel or booking but Jevago is nice o can also recommend more hotel l know.

Note don't drop at beger bustop anything from 6:0pm and early in the morning both area 3 junction, area 1, Jabbi park they are not safe for strangers base on security report.

Lagos is not bad, a lot of places you can visit while you are in Lagos, National Theatre, bar beach, eko hotel, eleko beach, water front etc but seriously hold up is something else in lagos, overcrowded but it worth visiting. You can divide your visit both Abuja and lagos.

Don't hesitate to ask any question we will be here to assist you. An average Nigeria is friendly and ready to help stranger.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,

Yeah Lagos is cool and beautiful, you will only enjoy your stay in Logos only when you have the cash cuz it is expensive like London....

Abuja is a home of Politicians in Nigeria Expensive than Lagos....

Lagos is a home of Entertainment and Nigeria celebrities, during your stay you can meet great music celebrity or actor/actress in Lagos Island, you can decide to go for Glo music tour or any Glo concert in Lagos island... hope u won't cry if you see WizKid or Davido Performing Live on stage and take pictures with them lol....can take you out to Cenema house at Victoria island

Am Living in Lagos, might take you around beautiful places in Lagos, Lagos Island to be precisely... with tourist center like Beach, Museum, First story building in Nigeria, Tallest Building in Lagos.....etc
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by chudu(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
Womenrep:
Hello,
you can also visit portharcourt
Re: Kenyan Lady Wants To Travel To Nigeria, Kindly Assist. by Philtrik(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
chudu:
you can also visit portharcourt
I don't think Port-Harcourt is a suitable place for a foreigner to visit at this time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Work Permit For Nigerian Passport Holder / Osogbo To Abuja By Air or road: Price And Procedures Pls. / Why Some Nigerians Hate Living In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.