Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Onyeme Doles Out Over N5m Scholarship Toonicha-ukwuani Indigenes In Tertiary Ins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeme Doles Out Over N5m Scholarship Toonicha-ukwuani Indigenes In Tertiary Ins (331 Views)

Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood / Governor Ahmed Doles Out N20M, Exotic Cars To ‘Good Boys'- Kwara Daily-Throwback / Journalist Loyal To Adams Oshiomhole Brutalised At His Office Over N5m Loot(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onyeme Doles Out Over N5m Scholarship Toonicha-ukwuani Indigenes In Tertiary Ins by wilsonjunior: 5:54am On Oct 09, 2017
EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP: ONYEME DOLES OUT OVER N5m SCHOLARSHIP TO ONICHA-UKWUANI INDIGENES IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.
.......Says He Will Not Derail In His Yearly Educational Scholarship For The People

The Executive Chairman, Delta State Board of Internal Revenue DBIR Sir Monday John Onyeme has awarded this year 2017 Scholarships worth over N5m to Onicha-Ukwuani Indigenes in Tertiary institutions.

Onyeme who disclosed this yesterday 7/10/2017 at Onicha-Ukwuani Promised not to derail in his Yearly Scholarship Programmes for the People of Onicha-Ukwuani Community noting that he understands that the common man has no hope without Education, he called on the beneficiaries to take their Studies serious in other for them to sustain the Scholarship " I take Education as a major priority because of where I am coming from, without Education, I will not be where I am today, hence I will not relent in encouraging my People to get Quality Education via my yearly Scholarship Awards" he said.

The 50 Awardees who came from far and near tertiary Institutions expressed unquenchable joy as they receive Cheques for the scholarship fund valued at N100,000 each, while the overall best students went home with Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000) while three Students who came out as Second Overall Best went home with One Hundred and Twenty-five Thousand Naira each. The 50 Students drawn from the five Quarters that make up Onicha-Ukwuani Community with 10 Students from each of the Quarters (Five male, Five Female).

Speaking at the presentation of the over N5 million worth scholarship, Onyeme, said: “My indulgence in Scholarship was borne out of my long passion and desire to support Education, which I see as my major Priority “My background and how i went to School made me to always encourage Education " Onyeme enthused.

While calling on the Parents of the beneficiaries to always Support the Okowa's led administration at all times as he noted that the Scholarship giving to Undergraduates who hails from Onicha-Ukwuani Community is in line with the SMART Agenda of Dr Ifeanyi Okowa's Administration" Scholarship will always go a long way in checking vices and socially-related challenges among the youths " Onyeme added

In their separate remarks, the DBIR Board Member Representing Delta South Chief Dr Barry Pere Gbe, Parents of the beneficiaries,Council of ELDERS of Onicha-Ukwuani Community Applauds Sir Monday John Onyeme for the Scholarships, as they describe him as a Trailblazer, a Philanthropist and a Committed Preacher of Dr Ifeanyi Okowa's SMART Agenda.

(1) (Reply)

Man Begins Hunger Strike For 30 Days Over Insecurity In Edo / Lagos-ibadan Rail Gauge Will Be Delivered As Planned Says Nrc / After This Look Comes What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.