Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? (1113 Views)

FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / How Do I Get My Certificate Or My Money Back, Please Advise Me? / Original Certificate Of LASU's Graduate Found At Suya Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by Zhigoal(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2017
Good Day, NairaLander.

My Dad is from Republic of Benin and his name . I'm using as my Surname in all my documents. My mum is a Nigerian from Oyo state precisely where I was born and made.
As I was told Dad disappeared when I was 9yrs Old leaving my 3 siblings and I behind for my Mum to cater for alone.

The Bottom Line now is; I'm in dare need of STATE OF ORIGIN CERTIFICATE which is part of the Higher Institution of Learning I'm aspiring to study requirement for ADMISSION this year. And I've gone to my Mother's Local Govt to claim it, but on getting there I was denied the right . They said my Surname( TOSSHUE) doesn't sound like a Nigerian name which is true therefore I should go back to my unknown Father's land. I got confused and ashamed because I don't know my father's background, nobody knows where he is now not even, my Mother.
I was born in Yoruba land, my Mother's home.
PLEASE BROTHERS, WHAT IS THE WAY OUT??
( YOUR SALIET ADVISE IS NEEDED SIR & MA. A brother is confused)

I have waited for Four solid years at home seeking for Admission not because I'm not intelligent but because of school financial requirements that I could not meet.
Now that I think I'm ready to go for it I don't want my IDENTITY to forfeit my Education pursuit. I'm getting older .
time waits for nobody.
Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by Decency1984(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2017
I know what they need is money,let your mum take you there and explain herself to them if she's still alive i assured you they will do it for you

1 Like

Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by AdultMaleNegro(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2017
Change your name or add your mom's surname to your current surname

1 Like

Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by FirstCounsel(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2017
AdultMaleNegro:
Change your name or add your mom's surname to your current surname
. Exactly. Do a change of surname

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:58am On Oct 09, 2017
changing surname might do

1 Like

Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by Zhigoal(m): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Thank for the your response.
Please If I change my Surname , what will happen to my school documents ( O Level Results, Jamb profiles and others) that I have that name written on?
Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by Zhigoal(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
FirstCounsel:
. Exactly. Do a change of surname

Please If I change my Surname , what will happen to my school documents ( O Level Results, Jamb profiles and others) that I have that name written on?
Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by FirstCounsel(m): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
Zhigoal:

. Any 1 can do change of name anytime. Make reference to all your certificates with previous Name & depose that "all previous documents" remain valid
Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by ksbusari(m): 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
u will have to change ur name. take necessary steps that will make previous certificates still valid.
if u want it faster. Shebi Na state if origin certificate. I beg go buy multitudes of orijin drink and make sure u get ur receipt. ur receipt is ur certificate.
change or add up ur mum's surname so that u can claim her origin. best if luck.
Re: Pls Help : How Do I Get My Certificate Of Origin ? by Zhigoal(m): 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
what neccessary steps will make my previous certificate valid after Change of Name:.

?

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 Lagos State Undergraduate And Postgraduate Scholarship Award Schemes. / Between Masters And Ican... Which One Is The Best?? / Get Your Latest School News Now Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.