Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,372 members, 7,853,659 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) (30875 Views)

Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character / Robert Mugabe Is Dead! Ex-Zimbabwean President Dies At 95 / Alex Badeh: 9 Things People Don't Know About Dead Ex Chief Of Defence Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
dokiOloye:
Those of U rejoicing over d murder of unarmed civilians in d east should read d history of this man.
He was d one who conducted python dance at Odi in Bayelsa state as chief of army staff.
Soon after,he fell out of favor wt Obasanjo,was sacked and another python dance conducted in his village,Zaki Biam in Benue state.
In fact,4 of his relatives who ran to his country home for refuge were killed right inside his house by d same army he recently commanded.
Malu run go abroad,turn to evangelist and human rights crusader sharp sharp.
In essence,what I'm saying is that what goes around comes around,only they might come in d form of herdsmen etc,cos Buhari,the wahabi dominated army and d well armed and protected herdsmen have been proven to be d same ppl.
They are obeying the last order..
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
a gallant soldier whom the American dreaded so much during the ecomog days,. . .i remember his truthfulness, galantry and patriotism prevented the American from coming under the guise of coming to train Nigerian soldiers after our feat in Liberia and Sierra Leon. .from spying on our armoury and trying to know how a third world country like nigeria under international sanctions can achieve such victories in those two countries. .General RIP..

4 Likes

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Throwback: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Fineman87:

Guy. You are obsessed with kanu and ipob. You need deliverance.

I am satisfied with how the federal government resolved his madness.

But I am unhappy that the SouthEast governors are yet to rehabilitate misguided youths like you, as promised.

1 Like

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by seunjungle1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
So Victor Malu can die before Oladipupo Diya...I still remember vividly when Gen. Oladipupo Diya, Major Abdulkareem Adisa, Major Gen. Idiagbon and others were at the military court with handcuffs in their hands before Victor Malu....gone are those days but memories still keep the history.

Where are these set of people;
Jeremiah Ussein, Theophelous Danjuma
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by CoolAmbience(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
Is Buhari and Burutanshi reading this...
Anyone can die oo

Just anyone can die....you didn't have to mention President Buhari.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Reference(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Wow, so sad. RIP sir. Much respect to a true blue blood. A soldiers soldier and unwavering patriot.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by bakila: 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
dokiOloye:
Those of U rejoicing over d murder of unarmed civilians in d east should read d history of this man.
He was d one who conducted python dance at Odi in Bayelsa state as chief of army staff.
Soon after,he fell out of favor wt Obasanjo,was sacked and another python dance conducted in his village,Zaki Biam in Benue state.
In fact,4 of his relatives who ran to his country home for refuge were killed right inside his house by d same army he recently commanded.
In essence,what I'm saying is that what goes around comes around,only they might come in d form of herdsmen etc,cos Buhari,the wahabi dominated army and d well armed and protected herdsmen have been proven to be d same ppl.
What caused the Python dance of his days?
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Wallace2107: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
GoroTango:
My friend shut up there. So the govt should allow a bunch of miscreants take over a section of the country abi? All men will eventually die including you and I, in the meantime python dance continues.
RIP Gen. Malu and may God give Ajiva and Tever the fortitude to bear their father's loss Amen.
Thank u my brother.that guy na ignorant fella. Malu did what he had to do to make nigeria great.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Deo1986(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
if you know then i will tell you the story as it is.
dokiOloye:
My friend, check your facts before you come here to spew trash: why did Gen Malu fell out of favor with Obasanjo? At lest he live to be 70 .
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Leez(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Fineman87:

Guy. You are obsessed with kanu and ipob. You need deliverance.
grin grin dm plenty fr hia BMC n afonjas shiver weneva bia or ka is mentioned
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by dokiOloye(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
Deo1986:
if you know then i will tell you the story as it is.My friend, check your facts before you come here to spew trash: why did Gen Malu fell out of favor with Obasanjo? At lest he live to be 70 .
My friend,learn comprehension b4 U quote ppl.
My post is not about his age,but d law of karma vis avis the happenings around his last days in d army.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by autchies(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
Rest in pieces.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by FrancisIgya: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
Gallant officer, RIP.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Awoleesu(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2017
... Only remembered by what they have done!
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Deo1986(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
dokiOloye:
My friend,learn comprehension b4 U quote ppl.
My post is not about his age,but d law of karma vis avis the happenings around his last days in d army.
My question is still not answered, why did malu fall out with Obj? Before you invoke karma find out Malu's stance on any 'bad' directive of his superiors.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by slineik(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
It is sad how we all forget so soon. In as much as I did not support the killing of civilians in udi, it is very important to remember that Malu was a man under authority, Somebody gave the order and he followed as a soldier that he is. It could have be anybody heading that position at that time.(quote author=dokiOloye post=61254025]Those of U rejoicing over d murder of unarmed civilians in d east should read d history of this man.
In essence,what I'm saying is that what goes around comes around,only they might come in d form of herdsmen etc,cos Buhari,the wahabi dominated army and d well armed and protected herdsmen have been proven to be d same ppl.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by slineik(m): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
.(quote author=dokiOloye post=61254025]Those of U rejoicing over d murder of unarmed civilians in d east should read d history of this man.
In essence,what I'm saying is that what goes around comes around,only they might come in d form of herdsmen etc,cos Buhari,the wahabi dominated army and d well armed and protected herdsmen have been proven to be d same ppl.[/quote]

It is sad how we all forget so soon. In as much as I did not support the killing of civilians in udi, it is very important to remember that Malu was a man under authority, Somebody gave the order and he followed as a soldier that he is. It could have be anybody heading that position at that time.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by slineik(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
It is sad how we all forget so soon. In as much as I did not support the killing of civilians in udi, it is very important to remember that Malu was a man under authority, Somebody gave the order and he followed as a soldier that he is. It could have be anybody heading that position at that time. We also have forgotten that the udi people killed some soldiers that lead to that python dance.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by gidjah(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Way back then, only his name 'victor malu'cwn cause earth quake !I was in the university then, we call his name with all the reverence it desire."Great victor Malu" rip big daddy
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by tifebobo(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
RIP
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by ademusiwa3r: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by grandstar(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
dokiOloye:

That one small.

A soldier who served in ECOMOG said each soldier was given either $150 or $500 and the man ate everything. That's why the soldiers gleefully burnt down his house. This fact was a soldier that saw action in Liberia and Sierra Leone

If he was good to them, do you think they would have burnt down his house?

1 Like

Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by sshalom(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
May his soul Rest in Peace.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Naijaalive:

A former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Victor Malu, is dead. Gen. Malu died at the age of 70.
Gen. Malu, according to a family source, Bem Adoor, died on Monday morning, at a Cairo, Egypt hospital where he had traveled to for normal medical check-up two weeks ago.

The former ECOMOG Commander (Peace Keeping Force), from August 1996 to January 1998 was Chief of Army Staff during former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration May 1999 to April 2001.

Born in January 15, 1947 at Katsina-Benue State, Malu enrolled at the Nigerian Defense Academy in Kaduna in 1967 as part of the 3rd Regular Course and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in 1970.

The former Army Chief chair the Military Tribunal that tried the former Chief of General Staff, and Vice Chairman, [b]Armed Forces Ruling Council, [/b]Gen. Oladipo Diya and others over the alleged failed coup plot against the then Head of State, Gen. Sanni Abacha.

http://naija-alive..com/2017/10/ex-chief-of-army-staff-victor-malu-is.html
during d abacha regime it was supreme military council. It was babangida who had d armed forces ruling council
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
Throwback:

I am satisfied with how the federal government resolved his madness.

But I am unhappy that the SouthEast governors are yet to rehabilitate misguided youths like you, as promised.

If i finish you now, you will run to your biased muds to place a ban. Be careful!
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ex army Chief.. mtcheww. I think say na dis present one
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by brookz: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
One of d most intelligent officer Nig Army ever had. RIP Sir.
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Arsenalboi: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
Only if you reconcile with your Creator before you pass on is what i don't know,but if you do with a sincere heart,God is willing and abundantly able to forgive you and cleanse you of all your sins and atrocities.
REST IN PEACE
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by abelokanlawon: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
RIP Maalu
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by piagetskinner(m): 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
Evablizin:
RIP SIR.

MONEY CAN'T BUY LIFE. Last Word of Late Bob Marley to his son.
were u there when he was saying it
Re: Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) by Clergy20: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
dokiOloye:

And the soldiers they killed at Odi deserved to die, right? You wouldn't make reference to those soldiers who were people's fathers, husbands, uncles, brothers, nephews etc. And what has happened to OBJ that gave the orders? Why has nemesis not caught up with him if what he did was wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajayi Boroffice: Buhari Cannot Be Cloned / 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe / I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.