Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched (43372 Views)

Siasia Resorts To Gofundme To Raise Money For His Appeal At CAS / Emiliano Sala: Family Of Missing Pilot Launch Gofundme Page For New Search / Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by lympy: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2017
[b][/b][i][/i]Sad one. Just lastweek I asked an okada rider who this guy was on Ado road Ajah. For the past one year I always see him fixing bad roads. Tempted to ask him why he's always there. Concerned about his mental health and not to receive a big slap or blow from his huge muscled hands, I waka pass. Thankfully help ison his way.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Omoluabi16(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2017
goldenarrow:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
I tire for them bro. They have no qualms opening another account for their petty scams.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Gracesofar(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
lack of good planning put man in this kind of mess...

I disagree with u sir, its not all about planning. Money has wings and the queer thing about it is it can fly away at any moment no matter how much or well you u plan it. Dunno if u r christian or Muslim. Buh have studied both the Quran and bible well enof and I realised

Check Quran (Surah Al-Namal, Verse 73). And if u r a christian check psalm 127 vs 1.

Or u can check bhagavad gita 9:27. In the final teaching of krishna

All talks about grace of The supreme one. Only grace makes life worth living not planning

I stand to be corrected though no one is a fountain.

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by helphelp: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2017
akinboyo:
May God bless you! Where is hope for them?

Abi ooo
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Omoluabi16(m): 10:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Sunnycliff:

The truth is most of our athletes and celebrities lead a fake life... Let them come down to whom they really are and make away with youthful exuberance and unnecessary spendings. Rainy day must surely come... But how prepared?
you're right. see that isaac success guy. 2000£ on prostitutes..he is balling now.But tomorrow he will begin to cry wolf.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by agarawu23(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2017
He isn't different from every other Nigerians hustling in the street sha, but its own case needs attention cos he is a hero of this mumu country.

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by akinboyo: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2017
A child who query his father why he didn't get rich....... It will soon get to his turn!
RockyEyo:

Life is waiting for you................... Life happens to us all (Just saying)

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by lebete3000: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2017
Danny287:

http://crossriverwatch.com/2017/10/foundation-starts-crowd-funding-campaign-to-raise-5000-pounds-for-ex-olympian-ironbar-bassey/

The same way I damaged my knee in the DSSC training and the Nigerian Army sat on the 1.78million naira that was meant to fix my knee. Despite the fact that I'm a Medical Doctor they still did this to me.

I've also felt my own pain of trying to serve Nigeria. Now I won't be foolish anymore. Australia in a bit.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by redsun(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2017
Feeling potholes seems like a very good job in Nigeria at the moment that government is practically non existent. I spent quite a few bulks on the them recently because I was quite impressed with the work they do. It is something that should be encouraged and probably create a good industry from it that could be an alternative government waywardness and neglect of infrastructures
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Bullhari007(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2017
Gracesofar:

I disagree with u sir, its not all about planning. Money has wings and the queer thing about it is it can fly away at any moment no matter how much or well you u plan it. Dunno if u r christian or Muslim. Buh have studied both the Quran and bible well enof and I realised

Check Quran (Surah Al-Namal, Verse 73). And if u r a christian check psalm 127 vs 1.

Or u can check bhagavad gita 9:27. In the final teaching of krishna

All talks about grace of The supreme one. Only grace makes life worth living not planning

I stand to be corrected though no one is a fountain.
my dear I disagree with you bcux I believe I will never go totally broke in entire lifetime , I plan ahead of future ... I'm always money conscious and have @ back of my mind that whatever I saved in dry season will see me through during rainy season ... they always believe tomorrow will be better than today, so let them flex as if there is no tomorrow
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by correctguy101(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2017
osemoses1234:
Me too am broke make una help me just 2000 pounds

Goan fill potholes first grin
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2017
grin mehn...this money is a problem o
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Yeligray(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2017
analsexqueen:
cry eyah
analsexqueen?
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Gracesofar(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
my dear I disagree with you bcux I believe I will never go totally broke in entire lifetime , I plan ahead of future ... I'm always money conscious and have @ back of my mind that whatever I saved in dry season will see me through during rainy season ... they always believe tomorrow will be better than today, so let them flex as if there is no tomorrow

I understand Ur point now. U r very right. True of em live like no tomorrow. Nice idea
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2017
blessedweapon:
Lol
lolzz...abeg when nigeria get there....they should try locate MMM mavrodian guy..he cant run away with our money forever

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by akigbemaru: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by aku626(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2017
I wonder if those who’d rather give their tithes to the poor would locate him quickly. He needs your tithes
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by eikeem(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2017
This is so sad
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by davillian(m): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2017
He would have done well as a gym instructor after the injuries in the Olympic.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by abitafah(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2017
God help this country
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2017
The question is "what did he do with the money he made from olympics and sports in general,"

Am very sure he was given some money at least appearance fee

All these celebrities and sports men should buckle up and save for the rainy days
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by lastempero: 10:59am On Oct 10, 2017
There is something iam not understanding, how can we be in Nigeria n be raising funds in pounds sterling.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2017
sucess001:
This is really sad...national heroes like this should be looked after...

Meanwhile...

first to comment...lemme go and drink 30 shots of tequila zobo with wizkid's crew... grin grin grin grin
u want to Tagbo ya way out abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by davillian(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2017
Omoluabi16:
you're right. see that isaac success guy. 2000£ on prostitutes..he is balling now.But tomorrow he will begin to cry wolf.
I have one as a brother, he lives higher than his means.
Everything every one tells him falls on def ears.
He is busy investing his money on Cars,women,travel and house rents. grin grin grin
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2017
I see him everyday, ds guy is strong works under d sun and rain and even controls traffic, I tot he was part of the road construction team.
He never removes that hat he wears
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by pek(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2017
What really makes his case peculiar?
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 10, 2017
TheSCRYPT:
I saw this guy this morning. Didn't even know it was him.
I see him everyday; never knew he was a legend...damn!

1 Like

Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Acidosis(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2017
It is not the responsibility of the government of any nation to take care of ex Olympians, including those ones that last participated in 1972.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Chisos, this dude do come out as early as 5.30am to fill potholes. Smh for this country
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by phkka1(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2017
This is a very good development. The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain. It shall be well with Etim.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by jrusky(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2017
delugajackson:
He's been phased out. His light has gone dim.

May God help him.

You have said it all. Bro let no one see other side of life if anyone sees it then he or she will know glory can be phased out and destiny can thrown into darkness or deep ocean everything that person do won't work virtually everything. I pray may God in his mercy help him and remove every shackles of glory killer placed on him.

Thank God he was noticed and I think the hour has come for the light to shine on him and this is why his situation came up here.
Re: Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched by CocoaOla: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2017
I know this man when I was still in ajah he usually controls traffics omo the man na real heroe ooo he deserve an award!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Raids Messi's Wedding Venue / Rashidat Yemisi Rashidi Yekini Graduates From De Montfort University UK (Pics) / "The Ball" - Marcus Rashford After Stunning Free-kick Goal Vs Chelsea(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.