₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,925,912 members, 3,962,217 topics. Date: Monday, 11 December 2017 at 01:09 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (39617 Views)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kamotisha: 4:43pm On Dec 05
Thank you so much.

quote author=Alphadoor post=62931249]

For NAB account use
https://www.nab.com.au/personal/banking/opening-a-new-personal-account
do not click apply... scroll down and select

Opening an account from overseas
it will take you to the link below

https://www.tfaforms.com/197860

For commonwealth bank

https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/can/moving-to-australia.html

ANZ

http://movingtoaustralia.anz.com/global/en/?_ga=2.173264803.1063520243.1512279893-796203425.1512279893 [/quote]
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kamotisha: 4:44pm On Dec 05
Thank you!

Omooloriredade:

In addition to the link Alphadoor posted, I used this

https://www.nationalaustraliabank.com/nabglobal/migrant

When you click "Apply" it opens the same form >>

https://www.nationalaustraliabank.com/australian-account

I have since completed my account opening using my Nigerian address and phone number (no money to send yet cheesy ). It was a smooth process. Your account number is sent to you via email in about 24-48 hours. You'll also be sent your internet log in details via a seperate email (for security reasons) another 24 hours after.
Read the instructions on the PDF attachment containing your acct details carefully.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jaybwoi(m): 7:24pm On Dec 05
bellong:

I believe on every bank's website, there will be an account for migrants. I don't know what NAB calls theirs.

You can open account prior to arrival if you choose the right account. I opened an account before I arrived.

Hi Bellong,

What are the best two banks you can recommend for utilities/daily transactions and savings for a new migrant? From your own personal experience..
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by OGKush(m): 9:11pm On Dec 05
Great job you guys are doing on this forum showcasing Australia to the rest of us still planning to relocate for different reasons.

Please I'll like to know how efficient their internet access is and is it cheap?. Cause I saw some houses who doesnt add internet access to their rent option, a situation where you'll have to pay for internet access. What's you guys take on this.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 10:34pm On Dec 05
jaybwoi:

Hi Bellong,

What are the best two banks you can recommend for utilities/daily transactions and savings for a new migrant? From your own personal experience..

I have no bank to recommend. All the banks are good. You only look for good bank when you need loans.

@OGKush,

Why should a landlord pay for your internet connection when he is not charging you for it?

When you get a house, you will pay for the internet connection of your choice. It is Only in shared house you see internet connection included in rent.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jaybwoi(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05
bellong:
I have no bank to recommend. All the banks are good. You only look for good bank when you need loans

OK.. Thanks..
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by cc77(m): 4:19am On Dec 06
Vinsmuft:

shocked Unbelievable! But bros you sure say them rotate the tires.
Greetings Vinsmuft, i sent you a message via your email address please reply.
Thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by OGKush(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06
bellong:

@OGKush,

Why should a landlord pay for your internet connection when he is not charging you for it?

When you get a house, you will pay for the internet connection of your choice. It is Only in shared house you see internet connection included in rent.

Well!! You're right. Most of the houses where internet connection is inclusive with the rent are shared apartments, which was why I asked how efficient the internet service is and if it's cheap, incase I'll have to pay for my own internet connection. Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 2:31am On Dec 07
I don't know what you use internet for but if Nigeria internet can serve you well, I think you shouldn't worry about the efficiency of internet. It should be the least of your worries among many things to worry about.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by OGKush(m): 7:11am On Dec 07
bellong:
I don't know what you use internet for but if Nigeria internet can serve you well, I think you shouldn't worry about the efficiency of internet. It should be the least of your worries among many things to worry about.

Oh ok!! Thank you for the clarification.

Please more pictures oo, we'll like to see what Australia looks like in december. Thanks to everyone that has been contributing to this forum.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Aieboocaar(m): 8:51am On Dec 07
Stakeholders of this thread ooo!! make una come wet awa appetite small na

come and show we the potential aussie migrant how christmas is in various cities in aussie
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Misoke: 9:25pm On Dec 07
Vinsmuft:

For driving in Victoria, you need to pass three tests.
1. The learner's permit test
2. The hazard perception test
3. The drive test.

Everyone (both foreigner or Australian born) who wants to drive in Victoria must pass these tests. Even if you have driven for 20 years in your country and you want to drive in Victoria you must pass these tests. The first is the knowledge of the road laws in Victoria. The second tests how you would respond to various hazards while driving and the third is the practical drive test. But since you can drive with your naija licence for 6 months in Victoria, you have ample time to prepare for these tests. I've done the first two. E no hard. I can post the materials here if needed

post oooo��
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Misoke: 11:40pm On Dec 07
Phlunter01:
Look what I found oh. Family of four via Ethiopian airline = N995k

gini!!..eyes popping....so IOM is not the only ish after all...abeggy they should shift
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 1:25pm On Dec 08
Christmas loading.... grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Vinsmuft(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Misoke: 9:19pm On Dec 08

Whatever is this person talking about now?

Infact you are ignored

was anyone talking to you honey?..."guilty concor"..

1 Like

(0) (1) (2) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... / Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.