Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (548981 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MizMyColi(f): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
Inkredible:

Not to rain on your parade but Azimo is bad@ss.
Better rate, less fee.

Hello,

There is no option for new Zealand and Australia.

Transfer wise is the best for we "australasians"
cheesy

https://transferwise.evyy.net/c/1218900/26105/985

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2018
MizMyColi:

Hello,

There is no option for new Zealand and Australia.

Transfer wise is the best for we "australasians"
cheesy

https://transferwise.evyy.net/c/1218900/26105/985

Oh, I didn't know that. Well, I guess it suffices in this regards.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MizMyColi(f): 7:28am On Mar 25, 2018
Inkredible:

Oh, I didn't know that. Well, I guess it suffices in this regards.

My best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2018
nuelnuel:
Azimo never offer a better rate than Transferwise.

They do. Even if there is a difference, it's minute.

Azimo bills you £1 per service, no matter the amount.

TransferWise service charge changes as the amount goes up.

Caveat: I don't own or work with Azimo. Use the app at your own discretion. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by nuelnuel: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
The issue isn't about whether you are affiliated to Azimo or not, it's about getting your facts right. Azimo charges a transaction fee of €2.99 and right now Azimo will give you 429 Naira for €1 while Transferwise will give you 438 Naira for €1. That's almost a 10 Naira difference for every single Euro you send.
Inkredible:

They do. Even if there is a difference, it's minute.

Azimo bills you £1 per service, no matter the amount.

TransferWise service charge changes as the amount goes up.

Caveat: I don't own or work with Azimo. Use the app at your own discretion. Thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 4:26am On Mar 27, 2018
nuelnuel:
The issue isn't about whether you are affiliated to Azimo or not, it's about getting your facts right. Azimo charges a transaction fee of €2.99 and right now Azimo will give you 429 Naira for €1 while Transferwise will give you 438 Naira for €1. That's almost a 10 Naira difference for every single Euro you send.

You've got me confused. For the records, I'm basing my assertions on experience. Sending money from UK to Naija costs you just £1 fee irrespective of the amount you are sending.

TransferWise has a varied fee as the amount you are sending varies.

So let's say you want to send £100;

Azimo: You get a £101 bill from ur account

TransferWise: £101.44 from ur account

Sending £1000

Azimo : £1001
TransferWise : £1005.48

The misconception was as a result of different locations. My fact holds sway in UK, yours may truth in Aussie.

Na Wetin face man, back another. Cheers bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ham334488: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
anyone in Adelaide that has obtain white card and forklift license ?
will like to get one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by 9iceboi(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
Pls i heard that there is a delay in grant of citizenship. I want to know how true it is

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MizMyColi(f): 2:07am On Mar 28, 2018
Inkredible:

You've got me confused. For the records, I'm basing my assertions on experience. Sending money from UK to Naija costs you just £1 fee irrespective of the amount you are sending.

TransferWise has a varied fee as the amount you are sending varies.

So let's say you want to send £100;

Azimo: You get a £101 bill from ur account

TransferWise: £101.44 from ur account

Sending £1000

Azimo : £1001
TransferWise : £1005.48

The misconception was as a result of different locations. My fact holds sway in UK, yours may truth in Aussie.

Na Wetin face man, back another. Cheers bro cheesy

Hello, have you considered the exchange rate?
It's not just about the charges, but exchange rate as well.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 28, 2018
MizMyColi:
Hello,

For old and new migrants,

I discovered this cool online service that allows you transfer foreign funds to your local Naija account.

It is way cheaper than cashremit, worldremit, transfast, cashfast, and co.

I am sharing the link because I am excited at the service and speed of delivery, and more so because I get some reward for those I refer....you also gain by transferring your first 500 dollars for free.

This people exchange 1 pound to naira @498 so imagine what others currencies rate will be like. Is there any other online service that beats that?! They have all the major currencies worldwide too!

I dont know of other currencies but AUD to Naira, cash remit service is still better.Check it up.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:18am On Mar 28, 2018
MizMyColi:

Hello, have you considered the exchange rate?
It's not just about the charges, but exchange rate as well.

Yes dear, I have. Azimo comes through when I do the maths.

Cheers.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by gcey2k(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2018
I thought this issue between Azimo and Transferwise has been dealt with, wonder why we are still doing this comparison.

Just to reiterate, Azimo is an excellent money transfer agent only when you are mainly transferring from Europe, ie GBP, EUR, NOK etc.

Azimo doesn't send AUD.

Except we are ok with derailing this thread with something that has nothing to do with "living in Australia".

PS: I use Azimo
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by joesh: 6:45am On Mar 30, 2018
My warm greetings good people.I just got ITA for SA 489 provincial nomination and Tasmania 489.I am an Agricultural scientist.I sincerely need inputs and suggestions to aid me in making an informed decision.Please,which among the two states will you rather recommend.I am aware this forum is for "living in Australia and experiences", the more reason why I posted this comment here as most people here have first hand experience about living in Australia.More importantly,suggestions about jobs will be highly recommended.Thank you all.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MizMyColi(f): 6:32am On Mar 31, 2018
malmo:

I dont know of other currencies but AUD to Naira, cash remit service is still better.Check it up.

Hello friend, maybe in times past, cashremit was better, but from what I see here, transfer wise is far better, imo.

When you send 1000 AUD with transfer wise, you get over 270k charges inclusive.

Let the pix below do the talking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bnimz(m): 6:50am On Mar 31, 2018
MizMyColi:
Oga Bellong, Bnimz, Tyosho, Zanyzara

I'm having this discussion with my friend, and she has the opinion that Australia is a highly racist country, especially those from the country side.

Is this true?

What areas should one avoid when visiting Australia, or even looking to make it a home.
As Bellong said, racism is not obvious... Naija tribalism bad pass am... And when I was in uk, the racism was far more obvious.... I actually feel at home here, which is more than I could ever say in the uk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MizMyColi(f): 7:07am On Mar 31, 2018
Bnimz:
As Bellong said, racism is not obvious... Naija tribalism bad pass am... And when I was in uk, the racism was far more obvious.... I actually feel at home here, which is more than I could ever say in the uk.

Hi Bnimz, I hope to meet you sometime when I come to Aussie, you and Bellong. Your PTE score at first attempt inspired me to get mine, though it was at my second attempt.

About the issue of racism, personal constructs and stereotypes will always trump the card when an issue like this is discussed.

I am of the opinion that NZ is the best place to live in really, but hey, that's just me, plus I haven't been to Aussie.

Meanwhile, how do you transfer money to Naija when you need to?

Do you use Cashremit?
Transfer wise is better.
You should check them out. Link's on my siggy smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bligs: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
joesh:
My warm greetings good people.I just got ITA for SA 489 provincial nomination and Tasmania 489.I am an Agricultural scientist.I sincerely need inputs and suggestions to aid me in making an informed decision.Please,which among the two states will you rather recommend.I am aware this forum is for "living in Australia and experiences", the more reason why I posted this comment here as most people here have first hand experience about living in Australia.More importantly,suggestions about jobs will be highly recommended.Thank you all.
Chose SA, Tasmania is dry and boring, no functional train system, scanty population, lesser job opportunities, I will only advice you to go for Tasmania in the absence of no any other option.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nellahen: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2018
Good evening all, please I would like to know how life is in Sydney, opportunities getting a job and starting business . thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by didon: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2018
oga belong! pls can you send you email details, pls I'm looking into relocating, I urgently need ur advise, thank u.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
ham334488:
anyone in Adelaide that has obtain white card and forklift license ?
will like to get one.
Please pals do justice to my questions

1. How long does it take to convert tourist visa to spouse visa?
I have just 6 months to do the convertion.

2. If my tourist visa expires after the marriage (when the spouse visa is not out, but the marriage has taken place) will my stay be illegal?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
@Tadell,

What are the conditions listed on your visa?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:24am On Apr 06, 2018
Without going into too much details, if your tourist visa doesn't have condition 8503 (No Further Stay), then you shouldn't be too bothered as you can apply for your spouse visa as late as 1wk before the expiration of your current visa. Once you submit your spouse visa application by paying the visa fee, You'd automatically be issued a bridging visa which allows you to remain legally in Australia until a decision is made on your spouse visa.

PS: You must be very lucky or have a good travel history to be granted a tourist visa from Nigeria without condition 8503

Note: if you have condition 8503 on your current visa, you can't apply for another visa while in Australia unless on extenuating circumstances. Else you'd be penalised. Nothing is cast on stones though, you can always find away around it. Possibly speak to an agent.

Tadell:

Please pals do justice to my questions

1. How long does it take to convert tourist visa to spouse visa?
I have just 6 months to do the convertion.

2. If my tourist visa expires after the marriage (when the spouse visa is not out, but the marriage has taken place) will my stay be illegal?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by vbaba(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
catchdwind4rmkd:
Without going into too much details, if your tourist visa doesn't have condition 8503 (No Further Stay), then you shouldn't be too bothered as you can apply for your spouse visa as late as 1wk before the expiration of your current visa. Once you submit your spouse visa application by paying the visa fee, You'd automatically be issued a bridging visa which allows you to remain legally in Australia until a decision is made on your spouse visa.

PS: You must be very lucky or have a good travel history to be granted a tourist visa from Nigeria without condition 8503

Note: if you have condition 8503 on your current visa, you can't apply for another visa while in Australia unless on extenuating circumstances. Else you'd be penalised. Nothing is cast on stones though, you can always find away around it. Possibly speak to an agent.

Good day my able brother, pls i need your urgent assistance on travelling to Australia.
Somebody just got an visitor subclass visa 651, and i have done the confirmation from the Australian official website (VEVO), and it is automatic. This guy told me so many things about this particular class of visa;
1. That i will enter Australia through FIJI, that i can't travel directly from Nigeria here.
2. That i will need a return ticket
3. That because i dont know anyone over there, i will have to book an hotel reservation (which i may not be able to afford) pending when i will get where to scurt or maybe after i have gotten a job
4. That i can work in Australia after gotten an employer that will convert the visa to work visa for me etc
PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE RESPONSE,
WILL THINGS WORK OUT FOR ME WITH THIS PARTICULAR VISA
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW
PLS MY PEOPLE I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by vbaba(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
catchdwind4rmkd:

Good day my able brother, pls i need your urgent assistance on travelling to Australia.
Somebody just got an visitor subclass visa 651, and i have done the confirmation from the Australian official website (VEVO), and it is automatic. This guy told me so many things about this particular class of visa;
1. That i will enter Australia through FIJI, that i can't travel directly from Nigeria here.
3. That because i dont know anyone over there, i will have to book an hotel reservation (which i may not be able to afford) pending when i will get where to scurt or maybe after i have gotten a job
4. That i can work in Australia after gotten an employer that will convert the visa to work visa for me etc
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by vbaba(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
Good day my people, i have been a silent follower of this trend, bkos of my love for Australia,
So pls i m in need your urgent assistance on travelling to Australia.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2018
catchdwind4rmkd:

Thanks a lot bro. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 12:31am On Apr 07, 2018
@vbaba,

A visitor visa does not give the grantee work conditions.

The visa is questionable. Nigeria is not an eligible country for such visa except you didn't apply with a Nigerian passport.

My opinion is to not waste your resources in traveling with that visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by vbaba(m): 2:17am On Apr 07, 2018
bellong:
@vbaba,

A visitor visa does not give the grantee work conditions.

The visa is questionable. Nigeria is not an eligible country for such visa except you didn't apply with a Nigerian passport.

My opinion is to not waste your resources in traveling with that visa.

A big tx, noted
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by fruitful2015: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
@ bellong. Please I need to chat with you privately. Please I urgently need to have a chat with you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by fruitful2015: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
@ bellong. Please I need to chat with you. Please I urgently need to have a chat with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.