Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (549113 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by scapopo1: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello my Gud Ppl, I'm already on 489visa in NSW but recently got an ITA for 190 visa in SA is it possible for me to apply. Hope it won't raise any flag. Thanks

Cc. Mr bellong

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
scapopo1:
Hello my Gud Ppl, I'm already on 489visa in NSW but recently got an ITA for 190 visa in SA is it possible for me to apply. Hope it won't raise any flag. Thanks

Cc. Mr bellong

Yes, you can apply for it. No issues
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
scapopo1:

Cc. Mr bellong

Thought after 2years in 489 & working for 1yr, one can apply for PR straight away?
What is the benefits of 190 over 489?
I. Am not suppose to ask about it here; but it's just a quick one

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Michaelamo: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Thought after 2years in 489 & working for 1yr, one can apply for PR straight away?
What is the benefits of 190 over 489?
I. Am not suppose to ask about it here; but it's just a quick one

489 supposedly is restricted to region, then there is a work for 1 year and stay for 2 years in regions like you rightly said. Here comes the benefit, with 190 you gat everything a 189 would get except that you need to stay in one state for two years. So maybe he does not want to wait that long in a region before he gets his PR. Hope you understand? It's purely choice and circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ideamaster(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
Townsville

8 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ideamaster(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
More from Townsville

12 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manforgu: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Please, gurus in d huz, can one find a way to settle down in Australia and huzzle if he /she comes in with a visit visa?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Neks001(f): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Please, gurus in d huz, can one find a way to settle down in Australia and huzzle if he /she comes in with a visit visa?

No sir, you can't.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
manforgu:
Don’t try it just remove your mind off it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bellacious: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
Neks001:

No sir, you can't.

Hahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Solitin40:
Why not convince him? But there must be a way. @ solitin40 It's not every one that can afford the student route you know.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Solitin40:
Why not convince him? But there must be a way. @ solitin40 It's not every one that can afford the student route you know.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manga5: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tadell:

Why not convince him?
But there must be a way.
@ solitin40 It's not every one that can afford the student route you know.

1. It is illegal for you to use tourist visa to work and most companies will not want to employ you on that visa.
2. Australia is expensive if you don't have a job.
3. A Tourist is not entitled to some coverage.

Like the above person said, please don't try it. It may be detrimental to future migration.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Alex1975: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tadell:

Why not convince him?
But there must be a way.
Are there no illegal immigrants in Australia?

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
manga5:

1. It is illegal for you to use tourist visa to work and most companies will not want to employ you on that visa.
2. Australia is expensive if you don't have a job.
3. A Tourist is not entitled to some coverage.

Like the above person said, please don't try it. It may be detrimental to future migration.
He can still convert it naa (I'm not sure though)

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manforgu: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
Alex1975:
Are there no illegal immigrants in Australia?
Solitin40 what do you have to say here ?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manforgu: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
I know in Europe people settle one way or the other it's just a matter of time so why not Australia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 12:19am On Apr 23, 2018
manforgu:
I know in Europe people settle one way or the other it's just a matter of time so why not Australia?

The immigration laws and policies in the European countries are different from Australia. It is easier for illegal immigrants to survive easily in Europe moving from country to country but little difficult in Australia as it is an island.

Are there illegal immigrants in Australia? Yes there are. Most have local support base and usually the Asians who shipped themselves in. I cannot begin to list the pains and sufferings they go through.

I wouldn't advice anyone to travel to Australia without a legal permit to work. This is not the USA where you may find under the table jobs. Life will be more terrible for the person and would have preferred to remain in Nigeria. In the end, you will eventually be caught, sent to immigration detention centre before being deported.

My advice, if your visitor's visa is a no further stay condition, return home and restrategise. The only condition that can make you stay is if on arriving you develop a medical condition that the doctors assess that returning home may result in death. Aside that, I can't think of any other thing. Even if you do rush rush marriage with a citizen, you will still have to return home before you apply for spouse visa and that is another long thing.

Goodluck with whatever anyone on visitor's visa plans to do.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bnimz(m): 4:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Yeeshas:

, he got another job offer at Fujitsu
we are very close to the train station
Liverpool
Communal pool
Hmm.. This is great news. And from these points, I think I know where you are..
Might surprise you with a visit one of these days smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manforgu: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2018
bellong:

The immigration laws and policies in the European countries are different from Australia. It is easier for illegal immigrants to survive easily in Europe moving from country to country but little difficult in Australia as it is an island.

Are there illegal immigrants in Australia? Yes there are. Most have local support base and usually the Asians who shipped themselves in. I cannot begin to list the pains and sufferings they go through.

I wouldn't advice anyone to travel to Australia without a legal permit to work. This is not the USA where you may find under the table jobs. Life will be more terrible for the person and would have preferred to remain in Nigeria. In the end, you will eventually be caught, sent to immigration detention centre before being deported.

My advice, if your visitor's visa is a no further stay condition, return home and restrategise. The only condition that can make you stay is if on arriving you develop a medical condition that the doctors assess that returning home may result in death. Aside that, I can't think of any other thing. Even if you do rush rush marriage with a citizen, you will still have to return home before you apply for spouse visa and that is another long thing.

Thanks a bunch for this
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by manga5: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
bellong:

The igwe have spoken. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Sallygold(f): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
I need help please, I have decided to relocate to Australia but I don't even know how to start, or how to apply for a work visa, I studied mass communication from a federal polytechnic here, I can bake and and make pastries, I am also learning how to make shoes, will all these come in handy over there? Please do you have any good agent that you can recommend, also for those that finally migrated to Austria, how did you do it? What's the process? Please help a sister out.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ceecee0703(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
zanyzara:
This thread is about Life in Australia for Immigrants or Permanent Residents.

It is an avenue for people that have emigrated to Australia (with their families) to share their experiences to help future hopefuls.

Kindly share your personal experiences and comments on:

* Your departure experience from Nigerian Airport?
* Stopover experience? When you landed at the airport?
* What are the immigration rules to follow?
* How did you carry all that cash with you?
* Can you open bank account while still in Naija?
* Which State/suburb did you settle in and why?
* Driving in Australia? How long can you use your Naija driving license before you get Aussie license?
* Where you live and why you like it or don't like it? Tips on choosing the right neighborhood, mortgage plans, proximity to work etc.
* How easy was it to settle in, with your kids? How did you go about finding the right schools for them? What is their school system like for toddlers (age 5 and below)?
* Can a mother combine work and taking care of the kids?
* What culture shock have you experienced?
* Tips on how to cloth and cope with the cold weather
* Are there Nigerian food/restaurants etc? Are they very expensive?
* Can one start a business (exportation, consultancy) in Australia?
* How much does your family survive on in a month?
* And any other ...

This thread is for Living In Australia. For any questions outside this to go:

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3:
https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries

OR

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

cc;tyosho;bellong;jukeblam;wellendowed;malkinburg;catchdwind4rmkd;sammywemmy;ozymigrant;jamson;vinsmuft;Cuteannie02;scrollmeout;johnsontade;dunsiogundele;oknee;chidike

Zany.

Hello thanks for this thread and thank you to everyone dropping useful information here.
Please I am trying to get a work visa for for Australia through an agent and a family friend. Today I got a letter detailing employee covenant and agreement which I would use for Visa application in Abj which will be handled by the agent too. Please is there a way I can know if I am being played. The company sent is Mildura fruit company. Please any helpful response will be appreciated.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by dustydee: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
ceecee0703:

Hello thanks for this thread and thank you to everyone dropping useful information here.
Please I am trying to get a work visa for for Australia through an agent and a family friend. Today I got a letter detailing employee covenant and agreement which I would use for Visa application in Abj which will be handled by the agent too. Please is there a way I can know if I am being played. The company sent is Mildura fruit company. Please any helpful response will be appreciated.
Have you googledthe company?

Mildura Fruit Company is a seasonal citrus packer and we are always looking for the right people for the job in our pack house from May through November. We do not offer jobs to people outside our local area nor do we organise passports or work visas for any of our employees. If you are in the local area and are looking for work during our citrus season please fill out the information pane below and we will be in touch.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
manforgu:

Solitin40 what do you have to say here ?
There should be illegal immigrants here but won’t be easy because only cash in hand Jobs can be done apart from that nothing again and won’t be easy all at to pay rent and other upkeep stuffs if you want to marry oyinbo sef it will take 2years and it is not sure Australia is not USA where all these stricks work
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tadell:

Why not convince him?
But there must be a way.
The money for Tourists Visa why not hustle and get student visa and peace of mind and you will be fine the Tourists Visa sef is hard to get especially from assessment level 3 Countries
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by spyroxy1(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2018
Hello peeps,

Are you going to OZ soon or do you know someone who is going to Oz soon. I need to send a driver's licence to a fellow Nairalander.

Kindly help save him from being fined without a licence as he's yet to obtain Oz's licence.

Thanks for your assistance.

Please PM me.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Solitin40:

The money for Tourists Visa why not hustle and get student visa and peace of mind and you will be fine the Tourists Visa sef is hard to get especially from assessment level 3 Countries
like what's the estimate of getting a student visa for masters degree.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Teejah80: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
@Ideamaster do you live in Townsville? I live around Southwest qld.2womba to be precise.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Solitin40: 1:26am On Apr 25, 2018
radiokilla:
like what's the estimate of getting a student visa for masters degree.
#3.5m to #4m
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bimpsyyyyy: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello, I want to move to Australia with my fiance, I want a study and work visa for us, but I don't no if you can introduce me to a trusted agent and the processes, I intend going there this year. Thanks,
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by olumuyiwaoke(f): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2018
I HAVE POSTED IN ON THE OTHER PLATFORM TOO, BUT I FEEL HELP CAN ALSO COME FROM HERE TOO...hello all, please i would appreciate a response ..i TRIED paying for my assessment using DBN, GT BANK Naira cards but the site declines my card , i tried a gt dollar card same thing, the assessing body is Australian pharmacy council (APC), have called the banks in question DBN said i cant use there card on international platforms, GT bank said they are yet to receive any details regarding the transaction i(it isn"t showing i tried to use the card on the site at all) the payment platform in question is westpac (payway) called APC and they said i should contact my bank for further directives..... please WHAT CAN I DO...AS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS SIMILAR ISSUE? IF YES, PLEASE HOW DID YOU RESOLVE IT....OR DOES ANYONE KNOW A PHARMACIST IN AUSSIE FROM NIGERIA WHO CAN BE OF UTMOST HELP...THANKS E-FAMILY IN ADVANCE...I'M GETTING WORRIED THIS AS LINGERED FOR A WEEK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.