Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking (8501 Views)

NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles / FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds / Track And Trace Option Of Nipost Not Working, Anyone Also Experiencing This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2017
The Nigerian Postal Service on Monday announced a series of products and projects aimed at reviving the postal system and increasing the organisation’s patronage, according to Punch Newspapers.

One of the new products announced by the Postmaster General of the Federation, Mr. Bisi Adegbuyi, at the celebration of the 2017 World Postal Day in Abuja was the money order.

The money order is an old product of the postal system that enables customers to send money to their loved ones using the post offices scattered across the country.

The product, which had been moribund for many years, has now been brought back in an electronic format.

Adegbuyi said the need for financial inclusion was the reason for the reformulation of the product.

He explained that with the spread of NIPOST across the country, the organisation was in the best position to advance the course of financial inclusion of the majority of Nigerians, especially rural dwellers.

Adegbuyi stated, “This product launch today reaffirms our stance to adopt the multi-activity business model with operations in banking, insurance, real estate and e-Commerce. This effort requires strong collaboration with the private sector whose investment capital and expertise cannot be overemphasised.

“This model is what this year’s global top three in the postal industry (Switzerland, France and Japan) and the regional champions (Brazil, Mauritius, Poland, Singapore and UAE) have adopted. Some other African countries like Morocco and Tunisia have already joined the league.”

He added, “We are indeed getting back on track as we are reinventing ourselves, embracing digitisation, redefining our value proposition and developing new products and services. In this regard, we require the strong political support that we are already getting from the Federal Government. I can assure you that in no distant future we shall be number one on the African chart.

“There is much to be gained from this transformation: more satisfied customers, stronger postal market and network. As we strive to meet the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, we should not forget that the postal infrastructure is an enabler of inclusive development and a key platform for delivering public services pivotal to the attainment of the SDGs.”

NIPOST also announced the introduction of tract and trace, an app that will enable its customers to trace and track the position of mails posted from outside the country at each point in time.

On the controversial stamp duty on electronic transactions, NIPOST announced that it had developed an electronic stamping system that would enable it to affix stamps on any electronic transaction in order to authenticate the deal.

Another service, which the organisation says will be hitting the market soon, is the Address Verification System. The app, which will be available on the NIPOST portal, will enable anybody to verify any address anywhere in the country within a period of 48 hours.

Speaking at the event, the Minister of Communications, Mr. Adebayo Shittu, expressed confidence in the leadership of NIPOST and gave indication that the organisation would also leverage its vast estate and vehicles to offer real estate and transportation solutions to Nigerians.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nipost-reintroduces-money-order-begins-electronic-mail-tracking/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Afonjashapmouth: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2017
I hope this Money order thing wont be hijacked by this ill mannered children of evil like they did back then. However, why are they not doing anything about Nigeria's addressing and numbering system. They should come up with codes or numbers which can be applied for online and tagged on a proper Nigerian GPS system for a proper tracing and delivery.

13 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by rodeo0070(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
They should try and develop NIPOST to the point of usefulness to the online retailing platforms...

10 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by SIMPLYkush: 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
wow,nice idea, if only it will work
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by momodub: 7:40am On Oct 11, 2017
cheesy
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by 9japrof(m): 7:41am On Oct 11, 2017
Money order? Financial inclusion? NIPOST? all in one phrase

Make others try first, then I can follow later...

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Sleekydee(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
will my money be safe...because I no fit 4 fg wahala
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Spidermon: 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Sorry. I dont trust NIPOST

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by greatiyk4u(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
They should try something better jare
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by sleemoon(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
.. Their tracking system wey be like ABIKU... Dead today, alive tomorrow, dead d following day... I won't believe it until ur tracking system stays online for a complete Month..

4 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by madgoat(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2017
NIPOST is dead angry
I wonder which sane human still uses nipost undecided

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Androidvillaz: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2017
When am done thinking i will read the post

Like seriously
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by BedLam: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2017
Money order at your own peril! Lol We don't even trust the banks .
I think a good percent of nipost should be sold as equity to private investors. That's the only way they can come back to life. Govt managing it is rubbish.
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by nastyesco(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Slay Queens will soon start requesting for Money Order undecided
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Jerrypolo(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
One thing is sure, scammers are already looking into it with a view of finding its loopholes (There is always one) so as to fleece unsuspecting customers.

That is why sane people will stick to electronic banking even for our folks in rural areas.

I think this scheme is dead on arrival
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by habex005(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Good one from nipost
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by ejlive: 7:45am On Oct 11, 2017
send anything tru them and u get half of the item delivered

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Sixaxis: 7:45am On Oct 11, 2017
Good one buh der always too slow nooni..
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by KenModi(m): 7:46am On Oct 11, 2017
Na now day break for NIPOST.

Something wey DHL and UPS even other country-owned mail delivery services don dey do for years now.

What a shame.

Nigeria always playing catch up.

What a backward nation!

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by okerekeikpo: 7:46am On Oct 11, 2017
To hell with their whatever nonsensical idea
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Midegee(m): 7:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Good
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by kay29000(m): 7:48am On Oct 11, 2017
Cool move.
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 11, 2017
If we are not re-introducing, we are just introducing.

See how to check Nigeria Postal Code here https://onlinemoney.com.ng/nigerian-postal-code/
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Agbaletu: 7:49am On Oct 11, 2017
ejlive:
send anything tru them and u get half of the item delivered
NIPOST staff are thieves. They will not even deliver anything except letters.
Send money via NIPOST at your own risk.
I bought 2 wrist watches to be delivered to my friend but NIPOST staff in Abuja stole them.

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by shigoslim(m): 7:50am On Oct 11, 2017
I'm expecting when Nigeria postal service will be function just like USA service, like DHL, UPS, USPS, AML etc.
Hopefully government will do something to revive Postal order to meet up with international standard . Through this more employment and revenue will be generate to government account.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by kokomaster3d: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2017
They should partner with jumia, konga.com, , olx, yakata.com.ng and other ecommerce sites to provide logistics support. People no longer write letters these days. Fulltime logistics business will bring money to them.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Hivazinc: 7:52am On Oct 11, 2017
Ok
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Tonason: 7:52am On Oct 11, 2017
Hehe hehe, in this era of Crypto currency? That money has gone digital. Sorry to inform you that you came very late. It takes me less than 30seconds to send money now anywhere in the world, why should I have to go to waste my time coming to your office? Besides when one comes there now,you start playing lord over the person, leaving the person to answer calls and read news paper, chat. Your time have passed.

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by iliyande(m): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Ok
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by Moreoffaith(m): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Good one
Re: NIPOST Reintroduces Money Order, Begins Electronic Mail Tracking by holuphisayor(m): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Agbaletu:

NIPOST staff are thieves. They will not even deliver anything except letters.
Send money via NIPOST at your own risk.
I bought 2 wrist watches to be delivered to my friend but NIPOST staff in Abuja stole them.
I have sent tablets and mobile phones even shoes tru nipost on several occasions across Nigeria. i can vouch for them never had any issues with them since 2015

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do I Convert Paypal Dollars To Naira In Nigeria? / Tanzania, Dangote Sign Agreement On Gas Supply / The best I can give you with 2odds daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.