Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] (7738 Views)

Nollywood Stars In A Selfie With President Macron Of France / Myke Ikoku's 50th Birthday Party In Owerri: Davido Performs, Nollywood Stars / Top Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Are Dead (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nollyzonenews: 6:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Popular celebrities including Yvonne Jegede Fawole, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Kiki Omeili, Rachael Okonkwo former Big Brother Naija housemates Kemen and Uriel led the walk for creating awareness against cervical cancer last Saturday.

The event tagged Choke Cancer, the walk which started at the Lagos Television premises, Agidingbi, Ikeja stretched through Obafemi Awolowo way to Ikeja Under Bridge and back to LTV.

“Cancer is something that is rampant lately, you can’t like you don’t know, you can’t pretend like you haven’t heard, I have someone who died of breast cancer before so it’s a call that you should heed. Even if you don’t have it, you need to be aware; so awareness is very important. That’s why I’m here,” said Fawole.

Also speaking, Nollywood actor, Blossom Chukwujekwu, said he joined that walk because he believes that the celebrities are very influential people.

“We have a lot of impacts on our viewers and fans so it’s important that we come out to lend our voice to causes that are worth it, causes that we know can improve people’s lives. It is important for people to go for screening. This is what we are using our voices to let the people know that cancer is real but it can be detected earlier and tackled quickly enough,” he said.

The Executive Director of Project Pinkblue, Runcie Chidebe said the rate at which younger people are being affected by cancer is worrisome, adding that the organization has taken it upon itself to fight cancer and create awareness

“Today we are joining the world to commemorate the International Breast Cancer awareness walk. We are doing a five kilometre walk which we know is tough. But the most important thing is to create awareness. More people are beginning to come out with cancer at a very younger age,” he said.

Project Pinkblue is a cancer fighting organization engaged in advocacy, awareness, free screening to support people who are battling with cancer and also most importantly raising funds for them.

See photos below.....

http://news.nollyzone.com/nollywood-stars-join-walk-end-cervical-cancer/
Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 mynd44

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2017
NICE ONE!!! I just want to congratulate KING LION-EL MESSI-AH For creating history and taking Argentina to world cup.. GOD bless messi and GOD bless barcelona.

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by kidap: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2017
What are u saying bayi?
Lordygram:
NICE ONE!!! I just want to congratulate KING LION-EL MESSI-AH For creating history and taking Argentina to world cup.. GOD bless messi and GOD bless barcelona.
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by DanielsParker(m): 7:05am On Oct 11, 2017
nice one from them.
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 11, 2017
[fonat=Lucida Sans Unicode]nice One, it is good to have such heart for concerned people[/font]
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Jerrypolo(m): 7:06am On Oct 11, 2017
Cervical cancer kills like how many percentage of our people?

What about a walk against maladministration, nepotism, military subjugation and economic strangulation?.

These yeyebrities always want to be appearing "Behind".

Use your status and fight the real issues.

God bless #Fela A. Kuti.

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Uyi168: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2017
Lordygram:
AMIN
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by kabakaauu: 7:07am On Oct 11, 2017
Good one
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Lakebeyin(m): 7:07am On Oct 11, 2017
I just like this babe, wallahi
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by vicfy(m): 7:07am On Oct 11, 2017
kidap:
What are u saying bayi?
just wanna be d first to comment, I guess.
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Teewhy2: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2017
Good one, these are the things we believe our celebrities should be doing.
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by maxiuc(m): 7:08am On Oct 11, 2017
wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by mishody(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by uchesino(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2017
The last pix tho... See kpomo mouth
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by chrislilfee(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2017
ok
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by MuyiRano(m): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2017
The nose of that girl by the left in last pics got my attention.
Meanwhile, my shout out goes to Catalans and Messi's fans here. Congrats
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by priscaoge(f): 7:12am On Oct 11, 2017
Nice one!!!! #CancerSucks angry
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Roon9(m): 7:14am On Oct 11, 2017
I dedicate this post to the Greatest of All time. Lionel Oluwagbemigba Messi kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by casa101(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Nollyzonenews:
Popular celebrities including Yvonne Jegede Fawole, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Kiki Omeili, Rachael Okonkwo former Big Brother Naija housemates Kemen and Uriel led the walk for creating awareness against cervical cancer last Saturday.

The event tagged Choke Cancer, the walk which started at the Lagos Television premises, Agidingbi, Ikeja stretched through Obafemi Awolowo way to Ikeja Under Bridge and back to LTV.

“Cancer is something that is rampant lately, you can’t like you don’t know, you can’t pretend like you haven’t heard, I have someone who died of breast cancer before so it’s a call that you should heed. Even if you don’t have it, you need to be aware; so awareness is very important. That’s why I’m here,” said Fawole.

Also speaking, Nollywood actor, Blossom Chukwujekwu, said he joined that walk because he believes that the celebrities are very influential people.

“We have a lot of impacts on our viewers and fans so it’s important that we come out to lend our voice to causes that are worth it, causes that we know can improve people’s lives. It is important for people to go for screening. This is what we are using our voices to let the people know that cancer is real but it can be detected earlier and tackled quickly enough,” he said.

The Executive Director of Project Pinkblue, Runcie Chidebe said the rate at which younger people are being affected by cancer is worrisome, adding that the organization has taken it upon itself to fight cancer and create awareness

“Today we are joining the world to commemorate the International Breast Cancer awareness walk. We are doing a five kilometre walk which we know is tough. But the most important thing is to create awareness. More people are beginning to come out with cancer at a very younger age,” he said.

Project Pinkblue is a cancer fighting organization engaged in advocacy, awareness, free screening to support people who are battling with cancer and also most importantly raising funds for them.

See photos below.....

http://news.nollyzone.com/nollywood-stars-join-walk-end-cervical-cancer/
Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 mynd44

Op abeg next time try not to use the word End Cervical cancer again BC I was already wondering how are they going to do that with the walking if I had not read the post .. Cus I am sure it was for awareness.. Kudos to them anyway
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by ednut1(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2017
While some set of pple advise pple to declear its not my portion. Ah no mention names o
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by lollmaolol(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Runcie you are going places.

I learnt innovation from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 11, 2017
i dont see what walking has to do with ending cervical cancer like does it inhibit or stop mutation of cancerous cells?

these our yeyebrities sef.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
ROYALFIXED2050:
you can make it today
dont depend on anybody
be the boss of your own
you are still battling with inherited stupidity. next time try editing the bar codes of the tickets ok two tickets cant have the same barcodes. you cant fool me.

receive sense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by casa101(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
macbede:
i dont see what walking has to do with ending cervical cancer like does it inhibit or stop mutation of cancerous cells?

Lolz... I asked the same question oo.. When I saw the ending of cancer title cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by okusman(m): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2017
macbede:

I tired too oooo... pointless attention.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by casa101(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2017
macbede:
you are still battling with inherited stupidity. next time try editing the bar codes of the tickets ok two tickets cant have the same barcodes. you cant fool me.

receive sense!!!

They are looking for people to defraud in the name of fixed games.. Na scan and edit things and print.. Don't mind them.. Back when I was in school I indulged in gambling.. I spent not less than 500 euros with my best friend on neteller buying fixed matches. But all were fake.. The worst part is we will use huge some to bet it and it will still cut. Thereby losing both ways. After that I decided to quit betting

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 11, 2017
I sight Yvonne jegede my perpatual crush anything I see Lady my body dey shake jigijigi cheesy
Despite the fact that she is married if I see her one to one I go try my luck
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by Pat081: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2017
kidap:
What are u saying bayi?
saying that Messi is d best in d world of football
Re: Nollywood Stars Join The Walk To End Cervical Cancer [PICS] by salesforce: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayo And Klondike Break Up Confirmed / Actress Kehinde Bankole Delivers Baby Girl For Married Lover, Sugardaddy / Makeup Transforms Ugly Duckling Into Beautiful Damsel (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.