Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport (562 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / IPOB Members Attack Godwin Ezeemo, Anambra Governorship Aspirant In Church / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 10:16am On Oct 11, 2017
The Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, on Tuesday flagged off his re-election campaign with a laundry list of promises, including building a new airport and increasing the wages of civil servants.

Addressing the capacity crowd at the Alex Ekwueme Square in Awka, the state capital, Mr. Obiano said a bill to increase the workers’ salary is already before the state’s House of Assembly.

“For all civil servants, we have proposed a 15 per cent increment in salaries like we did in 2015 and once it is approved, your salaries will be increased,” Mr. Obiano said to deafening cheers from the crowd.

The governor added that a new airport would be completed in the state within the next four years, if re-elected.

“Soon, there will be no need for people to travel to Enugu and Port Harcourt to board flights,” he said.

“It will be done here in our own state, let’s go now and spread the news of Onye aghana nwanne ya (be your brother’s keeper) because this is our own state.”

Mr. Obiano, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), will contest against 36 other candidates at the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Anambra State scheduled for November 18.

Other top contenders at the polls include Tony Nwoye of the All Progressives Congress (APC); Oliseloka Obazee of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP); and Osita Chidoka of the United Progressive Party (UPP).

At his campaign rally on Tuesday, Mr. Obiano said the party was poised to fulfill the wishes of its founder, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, the late Biafran leader.

“The person to whom the task was initially given abandoned it and absconded to another place,” Mr. Obiano said, in apparent reference to Peter Obi, his predecessor who defected to the PDP after governing for eight years.

“It is this administration that drove away criminals and kidnappers from Anambra State. We are doing well in the area of education and we have put in place health insurance scheme for the poor and disabled so that they can have access to free health care. The governor has put in N200 million into this scheme.”

Mr. Obiano used the opportunity to also highlight his achievements in agriculture as well as in community development and empowerment.

“Anambra is not a state for god fathers. The era of godfather is dead. We are a state where leadership revolves around the people and their wishes,” he said.

“APGA will not fall. It is the pillar of the Igbo’s, a symbol of our political relevance in Nigeria. I thank you all for your support.

Read more: http://punchng.com/ezeife-soludos-clan-back-obiano/

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by Jagermeister(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Aha.. They are here again with shiny promises.

Brandishing their rented make-up clad wives.

Haaa politicians. I want to be one when I grow up.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2017
Desperation.

Obiano must go.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by mpianya39(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Nonsense undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2017
Jagermeister:
Aha.. They are here again with shiny promises.

Brandishing their rented make-up clad wives.

Haaa politicians. I want to be one when I grow up.
Yes they do promise a lot but Obiano has fulfilled most of his promises he made during his last campaign
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2017
sunnyb0b0:
Desperation.

Obiano must go.
Obiano is here to stay. Come November 18, obiano all the way!!!
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2017
Obiano must go.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by Jagermeister(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2017
IgwePeace:

Yes they do promise a lot but Obiano has fulfilled most of his promises he made during his last campaign

I know u're on of the propagandists. I'm completely aware of your aim.

But I won't indulge you.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by adaeze12345(f): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2017
only the gullible will believe him
nigeria politicians and lies
how do this guys sleep at night sef after this lies?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by clevvermind(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2017
WE ARE TIRED OF FAKE PROMISES, ALL WE WANT IS EXECUTION OF THOSE PROMISES.
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by zaza2017: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2017
Gov willie should be given a second term.... for our own good

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by zaza2017: 11:55am On Oct 11, 2017
give him a second term
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
Governor Willie Obiano has addressed swiftly the said forceful immunization by the Nigerian Army on School children in Anambra State by telling them to stop the immunization immediately.
Truly our Governor is working!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
Jagermeister:

I know u're on of the propagandists. I'm completely aware of your aim.

But I won't indulge you.
Governor Willie Obiano has addressed swiftly the said forceful immunization by the Nigerian Army on School children in Anambra State by telling them to stop the immunization immediately.
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by Jagermeister(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
IgwePeace:

I'wü ànuohia... Onýê juru gi nke'a?
Re: Anambra Governorship: Obiano Launches Re-election Campaign; Promises New Airport by IgwePeace: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Jagermeister:

I'wü ànuohia... Onýê juru gi nke'a?
Aturu Biafra, Shey una dey talk say obiano no dey try

(1) (Reply)

Office Of The Vice President Press Release / Corruption: Charly Boy Group To Begin Daily Sit-out: Prosecute Top FG Officials / President Buhari Meets 10-year-old Girl Who Wrote Him A Letter, Plus 2 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.