Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

How To Beat The Blogging Competition In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Beat The Blogging Competition In Nigeria (396 Views)

New Trending Nigerian Comedians Trying To Beat The Reach / The 2018 Nira Bloggers Summit Aim To Bring The Blogging Community Together / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Beat The Blogging Competition In Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Since the advent of the blogging industry, a lot of event has taken it to another dimension especially here in Nigeria. People blog for fun, passion and most important for the income they can get from it. It is either done as a part time thing or a full time business and the number of blogs and websites being opened daily has continued to rise especially here in the country. But with these rise, I guess there will be competition for Google search optimization and ranking but how do you beat the competition and stay afloat in the industry? www.valentine202.com one of Nigeria leading blog site present simple steps below that can help you beat the competition in the country.
Like you know, a Blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries called posts. These posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page. So the come atop in the blogging industry here and bet the competition, follow the steps outline below;

• Authenticate your blog on Google search console
Most bloggers fail to authenticate their blogs on Google search console and these tend to affect their site appearance on Google. You have to submit your site to Google search console and authenticate with your email address. Once this is done, your site map will appear.

• Verify your blog identity
Once you authenticate you will have to verify that you own the blog. This can be done through your email on your search console. so you have to sign up for Google search console and be sure to tell Google that you owns the site you claim to be running. The two points I have outline above will help your search presence on Google and beat other blogs on the internet.

• Be informative always
To be able to beat the blogging competition here you will need to be inform always. You have to take the radio, tv, internet and any news media along with you. You have to be the first to hear, write and public any news, information or update for readers on your blog and this has the potential to give you traffic on the shortest possible time before the other bloggers hear and post on their blogs as well. I remember, when I started blogging, my earpiece was always on my ears listening to news and current affairs. We were the first blog to write and post about the April Federal Government jobsforall job recruitment and it was dollar rain for the blog as we roll in $500 in a day. So that’s the advantage of being informed and being first on the web.

• Keep some of your blogs activities secrets
No matter how long you have been blogging, there is always someone learning new things and event form you. I remember I always meet newbie’s and learn about their techniques and share mine but I don’t share all because I know we are all in the same race for Google 1st page ranking. Like knowing when Google release most of their Algorithms’ and how to escape it, that’s a trick I have learnt to do and I have share only 60%, so what you do to rank higher on Google search page should not be disclose to other bloggers as you are all in the same race, let’s be honest here. But if it pleases you to share and reveal, why not.

• Write original content
Most bloggers don’t know what it means by writing original articles on your post, this has the chance to drive huge traffic to your blog. Imagine in Nigeria where one post published can be copy and paste by so many blogs, but when you write it well and give it a new title, the post will go viral. Let me give an instance on the expected 2017 N-Power list of selected candidates that is being awaited, so many blogs have already started putting up post on the subject matter, but trust our internet giant, Google they will only bring up the post that was well written and that which they believe will be of great user experience and benefit their users. So original content can help.

• Make use of the social media perfectly
To be able to beat competition in the blogging world you must have to make use of the social media perfectly. Yu have to create a facebook page for your blog and post regularly on it. You have to attract or invite friends to like your site and at the same time get many friends on your facebook to be able to view your post whenever you publish them.
In a nutshell, you have to proactive on the internet and be informative on any news or updates you feel can be of benefits to users online.
thank you

Valentine uwakwe
www.valentine202.com/How to beat the Blogging Competition in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

How To Install And Setup YOAST SEO Plugin For Your Wordpress Blog, Download It H / Nigeria Premium Web Hosting Provider / Create A Static Website For Your SME Today For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.