Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Letter To The Abandoned Parents From Anothernigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Abandoned Parents From Anothernigerian (520 Views)

Novel: "The Abandoned Prince" / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Abandoned Parents From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2017
Good day beautiful Parents of our time
How are you doing at this time of the day?
I hope you made today count like you have always done?

I know you may be wondering how but trust me you have always been on my mind.
So, I had to summon the courage to write you at this time so you can feel loved even if you taught all hopes were lost already. Daddy and Mommy before I continue I just want you to know that all hopes can never be lost.

Yes its true your Sons/daughters no longer care how well you are doing, they don't even know if you have eaten even a course meal, let alone if you sleep on a comfortable mattress, or even how well you are doing health wise.

I want to plead on their behalf and also give you the likely reasons things turned sour.

Daddy/Mommy the first reason I have from the little I have been able to gather is that most of the children of these days are caught up in the travails of the society. This has gone on and on that they forget their roots. Most of them want to belong by all means, some want to impress, some are overly oppressed that they go to the extreme just to achieve the things trending in the society. I am sure by now you should have a slight clue your children walk about with mobile devices worth your entire household properties. Sad but true.

They don't even want to know or think if they could convert the device and fix the leaking roof over your head.

No!!!

They really have to meet up with others, annoyingly others from entirely different backgrounds, they fail to understand that all fingers are not equal (though nobody wants to be the shortest of the fingers).

They have all lost it, Daddy/Mommy some people will tell you its a voodoo or something but trust me its one in a hundred of them, the rest have gotten so mixed up with the society that they have lost their morals. Which only prayers can restore, in some cases bitter experience too but I don't wish that for anybody.

The Second reason is (for the married ones) the kind of family they got into, some go in and conquer others get in and be conquered (its not a competition though). But its always funny how a man/woman gets into a family and it seems he fell from the sky into that family thereby forgetting where he/she came from... What you did for them?
Please pray more for those in this category.

I will not leave you alone in this but a I want to plead on their behalf is please forgive them, trust me one day the reset button will be clicked and like magic they will all come back. This time, never to leave again.

Please don't angrily place curses on them, they are forever your kids remember?
They are your blood and there is nothing that can be done about it.

I have come to notice that the battle is no longer of the physical but of the spiritual, please pray for them as much as you do for yourselves and trust me changes will take place like I said earlier "magically"

Let me put a stop here before I start going off the point.

Daddy and Mommy, I just want to say in a nut shell that your children ARE NOT FINISHED YET, THEY WILL THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX someday.

Yours Truly
AnotherNigerian

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-abandoned-parents-from.html?m=0#more

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Her Innocence. / Why Google Celebrates Chinua Achebe's 87th Birthday / Poem: I Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.