Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte (56665 Views)

FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / Report: Nigeria One Of The Countries With Poor Internet Connection / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by spreado(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2017
ibietela2:
[s][/s]
What nonsense
kickass.cd oceanofgames.com mob.org fzmovies.net fztvseries.net i can go on and on
but what do we have in nigeria, tooxclusive, naijaloaded etc
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by spreado(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2017
newafricaken254:
in nairobi,kenya we have residential broad band unlimited Internet connection,this is a screen shot of utorrent while i was downloading a movie
If your aim of this screenshot is to tell us your internet is fast or d file you're downloading is fast then you've failed. 1.2mb download speed is what i get using airtel 3.75g (H+) and as for ur 2GB file, i do 1.5GB airtel night sub 2x (usi g diff airtel sim) within 12am to 5am
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by meneski(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
Useless list, no Nigeria means it's fake.
So so fake!

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by updatechange(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Most of these countries mentioned here have public Wi-Fi which you can use at your own convenience, in a cases whereby you have to do without the public Wi-Fi then u get subsidized rate for surffing the net.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sorextee(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2017
Guy, u still dey? Been long I saw ur post or something. Even ur guys too(rilwayne, empiree) all of una just disappear. How life?

tartar9:

That you're the great rapacious devourer of gigabytes or that you know some fellow champions does not automatically make the 90 million plus Nigerian Internet subscribers receptive of such honour sad
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ibietela2(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2017
spreado:

kickass.cd
oceanofgames.com
mob.org
fzmovies.net
fztvseries.net
i can go on and on

but what do we have in nigeria, tooxclusive, naijaloaded etc

What has it got to do with bloggers? Do you know how many years it will take in this country to upload a 40GB file or the cost?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sorextee(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2017
I understand why they are quoting u up ND down here. Its like the op edited his post. And weve already commented before he edited it. Been also wondering why some peeps were just quoting me too since, when I already stated I read d post with one eye...

olayinkajnr:

Lolz, how do you know that I'm far from the average data consumer?

Well, I have no business with the agbero on the street.

I might have goofed by saying the report is biased because I didn't see the part where it was started that it's for OECD countries.

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
The country still dey learn. Me alone dey consume more Dan 20gig in two weeks. Im very sure some guys here consume more than dat..

They are talking about average.

As per average in nigeria, it would be 0.00000021kb per head. grin
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
I understand why they are quoting u up ND down here. Its like the op edited his post. And weve already commented before he edited it. Been also wondering why some peeps were just quoting me too since, when I already stated I read d post with one eye...

Asin ehn bro, those guys got no chill. It seems it's their first time of being right in their life. Hence the quoting . Some of them do it with maturity and I thank them for it. Some of them add insults to it but I won't be bullied. I returned it back. That's how we roll.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sorextee(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2017
As u guys are just correcting me anyhow, thanks a lot and correction taken. But i commented based on what I read. Seems d op later edited his post.. Cos im very sure I didnt see the word AVERAGE, till I started seeing corrections from u guys. Happy sunday everyone... smiley

PrecisionFx:

They are talking about average.

As per average in nigeria, it would be 0.00000021kb per head. grin

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2017
ammy4goodies:
Pls is there any award given to the country with the highest consumption of mb?
If no, then let's drop these blind arguments and keep enjoying our low mb consumption since its not gonna help us in anyway bring back the remaining lost Chibok girls
: grin grin grin
There is a lot of sense in this comment.Most African countries don't even have electricity but they wanna engage in chest pounding contests with countries that are 100 centuries ahead of them

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by james1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lol.pls be mindful of your comments toward others;everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by victor247: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Those of u complaining why Nigeria is not included, how many of u can upload a file of over 70gb? Goto pirateBay and see crazy large files. I use over 200gb monthly on ntel 12k unlimited package. So the list above is on average user statistics

Is Ntel's 12k plan truly unlimited? 200Gb per month, wow.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
victor247:

Is Ntel's 12k plan truly unlimited? 200Gb per month, wow.
Yes it is... That I can confirm!

But they have a way of blocking torrent downloads so I use VPN for that.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by pat077: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Yes it is... That I can confirm!

But they have a way of blocking torrent downloads so I use VPN for that.
is thier service available in all the states of the federation?
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
pat077:
is thier service available in all the states of the federation?
No! Not yet. Check their website for network coverage.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Empiree: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
Guy, u still dey? Been long I saw ur post or something. Even ur guys too(rilwayne, em.piree) all of una just disappear. How life?

perhaps yourself disappeared We dey around the clock
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Jaculze(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
I was expecting to see Nigeria but then I realised those countries are advanced so Internethat subscriptions should be cheap.

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Why should I keep mum when this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Can't you voice out your opinion without vomiting insults from your mouth? Can't you voice out your opinion without being harsh?

People like you are the reason why others with one or two opinions don't voice out.

Back to your quote, we also have youths in Nigeria or Africa that download movies and games in size over 15gb in a day too.

Stop acting as though youths over there are better than you and don't tell someone to keep mum next time. That sounds bullyish.

Africans with their backward mentality.

Research the cost of data in those countries and ours, you'd know we can't catch up with em, how man schools and cafes have unlimited Wi-Fi in Nigeria again? You think say na by MTN & Glo?

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by mfm04622: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
the data price in some african countries here is more expensive than ours. eg south africa, zambia, namibia were protesting a hike in data prices some months ago.

A hike in data price doesn't mean data prices in those countries are higher than Nigeria. I seriously doubt any country pay as much as we do for data in Africa.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by Jidefido(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
sorextee:
The country still dey learn. Me alone dey consume more Dan 20gig in two weeks. Im very sure some guys here consume more than dat..

I use close to 50gig on a monthly basis
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sorextee(m): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
I cant remember which country pays the highest in Africa. But im very sure its not Nigeria.. As for the cheapest, it is/was Egypt. Maybe the stats have changed tho.
There was a hike in data prices in Zambia ND Namibia. But they enjoy access to third party apps for free. Eg, twitter. Which is not billed from their data bundle.
I wish such could happen in Nigeria, I know 9mobile gave free data for YouTube.

mfm04622:

A hike in data price doesn't mean data prices in those countries are higher than Nigeria. I seriously doubt any country pay as much as we do for data in Africa.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by rapheeky(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
Wats 15gb ?.....fifa18 one of d most popular games...if not d most popular is 40gb,NBAs download file is 50gb....we are still learners ....I heard its illegal to download movies in Germany ....u will have to stream it online .
gustav25:
keep mum and stop your useless chest beating ....you are an archaic learner ...do.you know that many people in the aforementioned countries especially the youths download games and bluray movies of over 15gb in a day ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by ivolt: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Mr Man, I want to believe that you are the one with a warped mentality. I posted based on what the dude that quoted me said. Next time, try to read a preceding post before showing how ignorant you are. Ode!!

I am trying to help you since you apparently lacked comprehension skills.
The guy you quoted never claimed the youths of other countries are better(whatever that means),
he merely corrected your ill-informed opinion.

But as expected, you injected two unrelated issues which weren't part of
the original discussion, a behavior peculiar to simpletons.
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
I use more than 1TB every month. Internet is free and unlimited in my apartment. The thing fast pass cheetah
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by olayinkajnr(m): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
ivolt:

The guy you quoted never claimed the youths of other countries are better(whatever that means),

In your own opinion, you've made sense. Clap for yourself. If you scroll up, you will see where I and the first guy that commented talked. We made our comments before the post was pushed to FP. The post was just corrected by the OP
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by nnamdi65(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
shaaaaaiiiii

bro u loosed it

Simple Example if u wanna download FIFA18 PS3 video Game about 12gb in Finland its take like 5min with the 4G and dey pay less just 25$ to their currency

in Nigeria u will first think our to buy 12gb and think how to get 25 * 360 if u still manage to get the two due to 4g coverage ain't every u still need to Manage 9ja slow 3g (depend ur area in 9ja)
and u will need like extra 3gb to complete ur download

infant most time people predate to hack games or even data it self due to how hard these things are in the Country

#OneLove #Celebobo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sorextee(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nigerians.... Cant u guys post ur opinion without adding insult?
ivolt:

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by spreado(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
ibietela2:

What has it got to do with bloggers? Do you know how many years it will take in this country to upload a 40GB file or the cost?
nor vex bros, i just assume bloggers are the once up there asking why nigeria did not mke the list
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by gustav25: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
olayinkajnr:

Why should I keep mum when this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Can't you voice out your opinion without vomiting insults from your mouth? Can't you voice out your opinion without being harsh?

People like you are the reason why others with one or two opinions don't voice out.

Back to your quote, we also have youths in Nigeria or Africa that download movies and games in size over 15gb in a day too.

Stop acting as though youths over there are better than you and don't tell someone to keep mum next time. That sounds bullyish.

Africans with their backward mentality.
yes yes ...i bullied you because acting rational was out of the equation because you are suffering from mental poverty which made you start juxtaposing between the aforementioned countries and Nigeria on the basis of data consumption.

How many nigerians can afford to burn 30-40gb in about 8 hours just by netflix and chilling ,playing online games for 5-10 hours straight,digging through piratebay like scavangers for files of over 40-70gb,uploading hours long videos to different streaming sites ?

my man ,it's either you get out of your shell and embrace a fact or i bully you till you come to your senses

1 Like

Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by sureinfo: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Pls wia does Nigeria come in on this list
Re: See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte by fowlyansh181(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
sureinfo:
Pls wia does Nigeria come in on this list
on the list if Nigeria is even there we should be last or among the last 5 countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel 6x Time Bonus Code | How To Get 6x Bonus Your Recharge / Airtel Surprise Package / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.