Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,954 members, 7,841,683 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (20269 Views)

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video / The Ranking Structure Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by nairaebuka: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2017
people who know the area should go and appreciate her. God rewards through people , so people should be a blessing to her.
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by toprealman: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2017
Mama please stop this act of "goodwill" for your health, safety and wellbeing.
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2017
Reyus:
That old woman needs to get off from that road. It's risky to her life and other road users.
State governments should get mechanical street sweepers as below. It not that expensive.
Absolutely! today people are praising her for been a good and selfless hard worker, tomorrow she will become a victim in an accident.

that woman is supposed to be retired and relaxing at home, i wonder what her children thinks about this dangerous job their mother is doing, the dust, pollutions from vehicles and other harmful fumes in the air will cause her illness. atleast they should have provided her with PPE like gloves, high VIS, boots and protective mask this is totally wrong!
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 14, 2017
What a stupid country how can u allow her be cleanin the high way without hi visibility vest and no traffic control.
That is so dangerous really silly
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Martin0(m): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
Absolutely! today people are praising her for been a good and selfless hard worker, tomorrow she will become a victim in an accident.

that woman is supposed to be retired and relaxing at home, i wonder what her children thinks about this dangerous job their mother is doing, the dust, pollutions from vehicles and other harmful fumes in the air will cause her illness. atleast they should have provided her with PPE like gloves, high VIS, boots and protective mask this is totally wrong!

Nigeria my country
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2017
Martin0:

Nigeria my country
i told you nigeria is 300 years backwards grin grin
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Martin0(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
i told you nigeria is 300 years backwards grin grin

Uhmm well gypsey you are right,I agree..
I like to defend that name nigeria but not nigerian
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Kikalee: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2017
nenergy:
Its strange! Honestly, she shouldn't be doing this. Its either she stays alone (no one to watch her) or she's mentally Ill. I won't allow my family member do this daily. If it were a one-time community project, great but taking daily risky without proper safety measures for over 2 years is not commendable but dangerous. She needs help!
normally I don't do this....but am sorry to say that ure absolutely stewpid, this country will never ever be better with people like u in it, someone that is selflessly making her town, country and world a better place....ure here saying she needs help, you are the one that needs help..... Change starts with you
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2017
Martin0:

Uhmm well gypsey you are right,I agree..
I like to defend that name nigeria but not nigerian
what's the different? nigerians in nigeria. grin grin
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Martin0(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2017
gypsey:
what's the different? nigerians in nigeria. grin grin

Good question..
Living things living inn..
I guess that line explain well
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by GLOBALINF: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2017
I want to give! How do I go about it?
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by seguno2: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2017
Reyus:
That old woman needs to get off from that road. It's risky to her life and other road users.
State governments should get mechanical street sweepers as below. It not that expensive.

What sense is there to get a mechanical street sweeper when millions of Nigerians are unemployed?
Is it made in Nigeria?
Please explain. Thanks
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by redsun(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2017
seguno2:

What sense is there to get a mechanical street sweeper when millions of Nigerians are unemployed?
Is it made in Nigeria?
Please explain. Thanks

It should be made safe with barriers and road warning signs.She is in dangers of being knocked down by reckless drivers at any time.
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 11:25am On Oct 14, 2017
GLOBALINF:
I want to give! How do I go about it?

I could give my number, if you want to see her for direction. She's most times at the Irawo Brt bus station along Ikorodu road.
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by TemmyWon(f): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2017
Reyus:
What happens then to low income earners like that woman. Please use your sense next time by Saying something practical
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by nenergy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
Kikalee:
normally I don't do this....but am sorry to say that ure absolutely stewpid, this country will never ever be better with people like u in it, someone that is selflessly making her town, country and world a better place....ure here saying she needs help, you are the one that needs help..... Change starts with you
There you go, allowing emotions and sentiments to becloud your reasoning. Nigerians are overly emotional, sentimental and religious to trash issues with logic.

Let me ask you; " Will you allow your MOTHER sweep a major road (4 lane road) daily without proper safety measures for over 2 years"? Not 1 week, or 1 month. 2 years!

If the mama is sweeping and selling the sand she gathers, that's different. Sweeping probono daily for 2 years calls for psychiatric evaluation.

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
mama is seeking attention o o..please my people friendly governor ambode, please look towards the direction of this mama and put her name on the pay roll. .
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Kkola: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
She try!
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by tealaw(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Suffering at its fullest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / 10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Bad Boss / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.