Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This (20162 Views)

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria / How To Overcome Failure And Succeed Like A Boss ( In 50 Seconds) / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
What should I do to break out?

I can't give a speech in public.

I blank out at times when trying to express myself.

Also rapid heartbeat...

I feel more relaxed when alone.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by jackmrandy: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Better start warming up now. Associate and mix with people. When people are discussing try and pay attention to what they are discusssing especiallly if its a topic of debate like politics, sports, movies, contribute. You do read, so don't tell me you don't have idea about anything.

build your confidence.

its good to feel relax when alone, but don't allow it to affect your self confidence in public and in your speech publicly. Me that can address thousands of people Publicly now, it was not a one day thing. its a gradual process.

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by parkervero(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Get a teaching job. You will catch up from there. Your students or pupils will at the beginning intimidate you and if you are really to learn as you grow up you will need to as adjust yourself to certain situation.

The teaching job must be in one of the grade A or B private school.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
Thanks @ parkervero
& jackmrandy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Amaoforka: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
There is high probability you have social anxiety disorder

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
Yeah @ amaoforka
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by AfroBeatDiary: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
Start practice nudism in front of your mirror in private.

Also sing out loud in shower.

You will come out of it.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by StormpyBee: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
You are not alone.

It's a difficult situation for introvert.

A speech club might help.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Freelancerr(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
Practice more with a mirror.

Also, try speaking when your family are gathered together.

Do the same thing with your close friends.

With time you will be bold enough to speak anywhere.

NB: I edit videos for business owners. I also do data entry jobs.
Kindly check my signature my WhatsApp number is there, I'm very affordable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Britishcoins(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
U have problem to solve, if not u will not go far in life.. My GF has the same issue and it is limiting her already

15 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Flango: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
shocked
Find the nearest toastmasters club and join. C'est fini.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by zeedof(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
Is good you know your weakness, what left for you is to work on it... I am shy too but not very.... even I am not bold.. but when I summoned courage it's always work for me.. just now I summoned courage to attend an interview which I don't have the working experience and i got it immediately

11 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by zombieHUNTER: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
make friends..

It will help you build confidence

Socialize more.. put yourself out there

if not, you have already limited your success

8 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by chris4gold(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
Yes, you can. all you need is self confidence and build yourself to be more courageous.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by BOSSkesh(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
It’s called ADHD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by DMerciful(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
Try to relax and convince yourself that you ain't talking to people with two heads

15 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Olarewaju89: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
grin

Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by iamyemiakins(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
You're experiencing Social Anxiety Disorder. Try to join a workforce (church, school etc.) or volunteer group to boost your self-confidence.

Meanwhile, kindly copy and paste (close the gaps) the link below to join my WhatsApp group (Introvert Lounge), let's deliberate more on this issue.

https://chat. whatsapp.com/LHCiMxcHtxi9rVkeqv5qUu

9 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by CorrectionFLuid: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:
Yeah @ amaoforka
Dem done diagnose this one. He say yeah. If you like no dey go out. Come and take pills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by DMerciful(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
Practice! Practice!! Practice!!!

Know the topic you're meant to speak on.

Read about how to do public speaking and develop courage to speak as much as possible.

Asking questions in public is an easy way to build confidence.

You can't make much progress without your ability to speak confidently in public so learn it
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Reelmii: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:
Start practice nudism in front of your mirror in private.

Also sing out loud in shower.

You will come out of it.
grin..meanwhile i heard mr ibu the nollywood actor's leg was amputated How tru is this...
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Ola9ja23: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
Being shy is one of the attribute of prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)
You are fine just that you should not be extremely shy and don't always stay indoors ac that would make you an introvert.

As someone mentioned earlier, just get a teaching job.

I was once like you but the only thing that helped we was that I started holding microphone from early stage.
I dey shy but I do MC for school at end of the year party.

I dey teach well well before I got admission into Uni. Na so my shyness disappeared.

You will still notice the gentleman in my face but if have interaction with me you will know say I no gentle at all. 🤣🤣😀🤣🤣🤣

There was a time that I drank alcohol for me to be able to woo any lady. I don't teach you to be a drunkard o 😀

8 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Tayorshd87: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
K
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Fatbam005: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
Real Hunger never hold you and besides you have not been faced with hard situations where you will need to speak up

4 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by dododawa1: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Man

Must

Face

One problem

On

EARTH.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by 5iine: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
Whenever you are talking to someone.... maintain eye contact without cutting. Always keep your eyes open.

Guard your heart as you are about to speak. Once you continue talking. It will stop.

Learn to approach people first with hand shake.

Always force your self to approach crowd. If you F.up, you go again.

Learn to approach girls jokingly..

Dey try take 1 or 2 bottles. E.go help u shine eyes.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by DropsMic(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ehya
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by PlushyRealtor: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
I once had this same issue, what I did was that I started appearing more in public and always want to be heard, I speak mst times. At first i was jittering but I later became used to it and now I am good to go at all time.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by occfx: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Focus online because the road to break from intro to extro is difficult. Getting tipsy or stoned could be addictive. I am still trying to fight my own... But I am really fun when I drink and very different when sober.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by DropsMic(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

If you have a habit of mastvrbating, try and stop it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by ukaface(f): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Push yourself to come out of your shell
What’s the worst that could happen?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Babssoo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
I was like you, but when I got to (oju olomo too) meaning all man for himself, I did not just talk, I started shouting…. Trust me you will change, you don have a choice

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria? / Customs To Sack 400 More Officers Or Even More - Vanguard / My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.