Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Keke Ban: Gov. Okorocha Purchases Extra 500 Taximo Vehicles (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Ban: Gov. Okorocha Purchases Extra 500 Taximo Vehicles (Pictures) (539 Views)

Why Supreme Court Must ban Gov Uzodinma From Active Politics / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Nise Community In Awka-south To Ban Gov-obiano From Campaigning In Their Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keke Ban: Gov. Okorocha Purchases Extra 500 Taximo Vehicles (Pictures) by UzuegbuProsper(m): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2017
IMO PILOTS BESIEGE PEOPLE'S HOUSE IN SOLIDARITY
-As OKOROCHA Purchases Extra 500 Taximo Vehicles-

His Excellency Rochas Okorocha "HERO" received in audience cross section of "Imo Pilots" (KEKE) union who arrived the People's House,seat of Government of Imo State,chanting "Owelle,k'anyi gha eso ige oso..." early morning, Wednesday.

The tricycle operators in their large numbers stormed the Governor's lodge and were granted unhindered access on the orders of the State Governor. The spokes person of the group,Uzoma Peters says their visit is not unconnected with the desire to align themselves with the new policy of the Governor on Urban Renewal and confirms, the restriction order has been issued its members restraining operations on all major roads in the Municipal Council come December 1,2017 deadline,promising they will abide by it.

Responding,the Governor said; "I am happy to receive all of you, welcome to your house-the people's house,you are free to come here anytime, nobody can stop you, just let me know. I have ordered for another set of 500 vehicles ahead of the scheduled deadline. It is my desire to make the capital city attracting for investors. You will agree with me that, Keke can no longer be considered a proper means of transportation in the new vision. My promise to you today is that, all of you must get your ImoTaxi.God bless you"

Recall, the Governor earlier postponed the September 30th deadline to the December 1,2017 after some operators besieged him at a public function @HerosSquare pleading for extension.

This brings to an end uncomplimentary reports on the blogosphere that,the tricycle operators were protesting State Government's ban.The social media reports are fictitious, malicious and voracious imagination of the opposition,the public are advised to ignore.

Mazi Anayochukwu Abasiodu Idiong
Special Assistant To The Governor
On Social Media/ICT
www.Facebook.com/Imosocialmedia/

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Court Orders Abaribe, Jewish Priest To Produce Kanu Or Face Jail / “i’ve Never Had A Girlfriend In The Past 26 Years” – Governor Amosun / But Where Is Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.