Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos (1939 Views)

Man Shares Pictures Of His Disabled Wife As She Gives Birth To Her Baby (PHOTOS) / Surrogate, 50years Old Mother Carries Her Son’s Baby(Photos) / Nigerian Female Soldier Cradling Her Newborn Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Oluwolex2000(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
A family of 14 who were all born with six fingers and six toes have welcomed another member to their clan – a baby boy with same genetic abnormality. The extraordinary De Silva family, from Brasília, Brazil, have used the extra digit to their advantage and say the abnormality makes them “stand out from the crowd”.

And new dad Alessandro is delighted his new son has inherited the family mark.

He said: “This is a mark that no other family has.”

Alessandro has six fingers, whilst his wife Katia, only has five – meaning there was a 50 per cent chance of their baby boy Vinicius inheriting the six-finger gene.

With their first son Guilherme proudly owning six fingers, they were hoping their newborn would follow suit.

Katia said: “We found out that Vinicius was a boy in the thirteenth week of pregnancy and from that moment on we were hoping that he would have six fingers.”

Her husband added: “Since Vinicius was born we noticed that his fingers are perfectly functional. He is already trying to grab things, so all his fingers work normally.”

The genetic syndrome that causes people to be born with extra fingers and toes is called Polydactyly. Surprisingly, it occurs in one in 1,000 births.

Seven-year-old Guilherme said: “The coolest thing about having six fingers being able to hold a lot of things at once.”

His cousin Maria added: “The best thing about having six fingers is I can play more keys [on the piano].

And goalkeeper Joao Assis said: “I’m able to reach some balls when people can’t. For me it’s easier to hold the ball, I have more grip and my hands covers more, so it’s difficult for the ball to escape.”

Alessandro’s grandfather Assis is responsible for turning the family’s deficiency into something to be proud of.

Source : http://www..com/2017/10/unique-family-of-14-who-all-have-six.html

Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Juell(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is creepy shocked
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Jessyjack(f): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
undecidediyamaaaaa.... scary....!!!
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by gabinogem(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hmmm...interesting cool
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by lekjons(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
hmm ok

*swallows saliva*

1 Like

Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Sammypedro18(m): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is overly weird....#goosebumps
Wonder d kind of stroking they'll be getting in school
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Adaumunocha(f): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
Weird.
Lalasticlala come see
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Prognose: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is great!
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by DanseMacabre(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2017
These ones get alien blood na. Na real life mutants.
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Jesus
Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by kevoh(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
A good thing they were not born and raised in Nigeria, they probably would have been labelled witch family with Pastors performing pointless deliverances on them.

1 Like

Re: Family Of 14 Who All Have Six Fingers And Six Toes Welcome New Baby. Photos by lastmessenger: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
This reminds me of the Naphilim

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This? / How Some Nairalanders Saved Me From Committing Suicide. / Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.