Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

“Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn (18306 Views)

How To Pay Yourself From N50,000 And Above Using Your Mobile Device Or Laptop / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / How To Pay Yourself First At The End Of The Month using Fundscheap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by youngvizzy1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
When you post on Facebook "having dinner with Bae" and you tag me in your photo..What do you want me to do?? To wash the dishes.
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by 30card(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
Join a cooperative and save with them. That way u won't have easy access to the money

2 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
I read Richard Clason's classic "The Richest Man In Babylon" and realised nothing beats saving.

1 Like

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by DeWorlex45(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
Savings can best enjoyed wen business is thriving or wen pay is regular, No be money wey pessin dey see na hin go save part?? Na naija we dey, where things are working VERY FINE with d priviledged ones. Can som1 explain d reason y almost 80% of civil servants are into debts thru loans, thereby receiving a very small percentage of their actual salary at d end of every month?? Its really good to save, but at d same time, getting d money to save matters alot.
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by ochardbaby(m): 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
FuckTheZero:
$75 000/annum. Once you get there, money is no longer an issue

My Oga,
75K Na biggest money per annum,yes I agree. But here if spending spirit enter your body Na wah oh.

With all this highly entertaining and satisfying stuff wey dey town. When our sisters are involved,tell me how much aunty Clara go chop inside 75K?

Small money wey no go finish Na him we all need.
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by imustsaymymindo: 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
The best way to save for me is to have a reason why you are saving. So, I save for a particular investment or an assest. Therefore the amount I am saving is finite and I can give a time bound to it depending on my income at that period. Saving some percentage for no reason does not work for me.

Another incentive to saving is taking breaks from saving. After accomplishing a saving goal, I do take some months break before the next saving to celebrate it and prepare me for the next one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by FuckTheZero: 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
ochardbaby:

My Oga,
75K Na biggest money per annum,yes I agree. But here if spending spirit enter your body Na wah oh.

With all this highly entertaining and satisfying stuff wey dey town. When our sisters are involved,tell me how much aunty Clara go chop inside 75K?

Small money wey no go finish Na him we all need.
Exactly. Spending "spirit." Meaning water have passed garri I.e. only TB Joshua can help in such case

1 Like

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by bany88(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nice write up
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by kirchofff(m): 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
This has been my biggest problem ever, anyone to help me with strategies that can help me solve it?
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by jcflex(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
@op I quite agree with you. but I no support your finishing.
all what you say is for one to save, if you continue saving, overtime inflation will devalue your savings for you, most especially 9ja we dey so.

Dnt just save to save.

Save to Invest.

Buying stock, Deposit Account, Mutual funds are way to beat inflation and also earn little for yourself.

With enough saving, High risk stock will be ok, that is if you can take the risk, but lands in remote areas, and resell after a period of time, land always appreciate, look around for cheap properties and Invest, let your money work for you.

I will recommend Rich Daddy, Poor Daddy book it teach this very well, Richest man in babylon are little finacial book anybody can easily lay their hand on and read within a week.

SAVE TO INVEST, not JUST SAVE TO SAVE.

4 Likes

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sirheny007:

grin grin Your comment no still relate
but Make i commot you from my list
grin
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by ufuosman(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nice write up
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by whyteteeth: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
I have been wanting to ask this question, how do I save when I have needs not wants that can be met with the money? I mean like necessities that cannot wait.

How do I save when my income is far below my bills? I mean real bills not luxury.

My question is this, was money not meant to solve my needs especially needs that are unavoidable? How do I shove these needs aside and save when I know that I will still have to pay for these needs now or later?

To me, everyman should save when he or she is able to take care of key necessities rather than jump into savings and then watch the bills accumulate all because u wanna "save"
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by chukzyfcbb: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
jcflex:
@op I quite agree with you. but I no support your finishing.
all what you say is for one to save, if you continue saving, overtime inflation will devalue your savings for you, most especially 9ja we dey so.

Dnt just save to save.

Save to Invest.

Buying stock, Deposit Account, Mutual funds are way to beat inflation and also earn little for yourself.

With enough saving, High risk stock will be ok, that is if you can take the risk, but lands in remote areas, and resell after a period of time, land always appreciate, look around for cheap properties and Invest, let your money work for you.

I will recommend Rich Daddy, Poor Daddy book it teach this very well, Richest man in babylon are little finacial book anybody can easily lay their hand on and read within a week.

SAVE TO INVEST, not JUST SAVE TO SAVE.
very true.
when you a project you are looking forward to or you have a target you want to meet.
You will be eager / motivated to keep saving.

Saving in itself is an education. because it teaches self control.
One of the reason its hard to save is because most of us buy on Impulse.
we spend all time on Jumia or konga just admiring their offers, or you keep checking out a page on Instagram that sells clothing's.

All these things leads us spending on impulse.
I used to be guilty of this, always checking Jumia for shirts, checking fashion blog for trending male styles. But after I read a book.

I found out that I was actually not saving because I was spending on impulse, and that impulse was triggered because of my fixation on these e commerce sites
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Taeewo(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Airdrop in cryptocurrency means when a developer of a

new token gives out a token freely to early users to

promote and create awareness of their project before

listing on exchange......

Tools needed for you to always qualified for any

airdrops are Ethereum and Waves wallet that supports

ERC 20 token,you create a bitcointalk.org account and

also have telegram app installed on your phone..

They are so many developers given airdrop to members

like Pluscoin,eXrp, ELTcoin , Dragon, Ethercat, Energy,

dimon etc

You can monitor all latest airdrop on this telegram

channel

www./cryptocurrencyairdrop
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Litblogger: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by PastorandMentor(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Why are you trying to seduce man of God?
Litblogger:

What's your font name na
Re: “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn by Litblogger: 4:40am On Oct 16, 2017
PastorandMentor:
Why are you trying to seduce man of God?
I'm only interested in the font.
Please tell me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chuky Ezenwa Celebrates Birthday With N2.7 Million Empowerment For Youths / Scanfrost Opens First Modern Brand Shop In Lagos / Dangote Refinery Named Among 20 Most Influential Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.