Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (4437 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
So I fell for it. Yea. I can't say I didn't smell it earlier but circumstances didn't allow me respond more appropriately. Lessons learnt.

Long story short, an in-law who is a medical scientist wanted to help as he heard I had quit my regular job. He'd been approached by an intern colleague of his who said a man had connection for a fed job. He got to me, I spoke with the man and ended up paying 25,500NGN for the supposed job. He said I will be earning 125k a month and will pay a part to the arrangers of the job for six months.

A couple days later he said he has finished only that I was posted to Borno state and that he is not happy that the place is war torn due to Boko Haram. Right there and then I knew I had entered one chance things. I decided to play along. He said the people are also asking for extra 100k to move me to a better state. I told him there was no such money on me and I'm not able to get it lent to me. I asked to get the job and I will pay it back from my salary. He said that was not applicable. After so much talk, I told him to have me posted anywhere it is that I don't mind.

He would later stop picking my calls so I decided to goad him by saying I wanted to see if I can still pay for the reposting. He replied saying that he cannot send someone where is not good that if I cannot source the money he will refund me. I replied shaperly saying he should please refund me.

This is almost three weeks and no show.

I promised him I'm taking the case to the social media if he doesn't pay me back my money today. Following will be details of the man and his associate so that folks will beware of them.

Phone number 08067328963
Name according to TruCaller is "Mr Mike"
Account no he said to pay to goes thus:
Account name: IKE BLESSING IFEOMA.
A/C No = 3573064843.
Bank Name: ECO BANK PLC.

PS: Anybody with information on how to take these guys up should drop a comment. I have also attached screenshots and a record of one of our calls. I have other call records with me too.

This is a link to the voice recording of our call and him requesting the money which I uploaded at Vocaroo.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1dWOTR5DKwe

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:
Long story short, an in-law who is a medical scientist wanted to help as he heard I had quit my regular job. He'd been approached by an intern colleague of his who said a man had connection for a fed job. He got to me, I spoke with the man and ended up paying 25,500NGN for the supposed job. He said I will be earning 125k a month and will pay a part to the arrangers of the job for six months.

A couple days later he said he has finished only that I was posted to Borno state and that he is not happy that the place is war torn due to Boko Haram. Right there and then I knew I had entered one chance things. I decided to play along. He said the people are also ng for extra 100k to move me to a better state. I told him there was no such money on me and I'm not able to get it lent to me. I asked to get the job and I will pay it back from my salary. He said that was not applicable. After so much talk, I told him to have me posted anywhere it is that I don't mind.

He would later stop picking my cc all so I decided to goad him by saying I wanted to see if I can still pay for the reposting. He replied saying that he cannot send someone where is not good that if I do cannot source the money he will refund me. I replied shaperly saying he should please refund me.

This is almost three weeks and no show.

I promised him I'm taking the case to the social media I'd he doesn't pay me back my money today. Following will be details of the man and his associate so that folks will beware of them.

Phone number 08067328963
Name according to TruCaller is "Mr Mike"
Account no he said to pay to goes thus:
Account name: IKE BLESSING IFEOMA.
A/C No = 3573064843.
Bank Name: ECO BANK PLC.

PS: Anybody with information on how to take these guys up should drop a comment. I have also attached he'd screenshot and a record of one of our calls. I have other call records with me too.

Good for you. Thats all I have to say! That is the sacrifice of following shortcuts.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Good for you. Thats all I have to say!

Many thanks for saying. And congratulations. Enjoy your life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Fidelismaria: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
grin
kpele
sowie
mabinu
but the poster above me no get joy ooo
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Fidelismaria: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
lalasticlala
move Dis to front page
let's expose this scammer

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Magnifico2000: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
I see this landing on frontpage.. so scammers are still everywhere.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

Many thanks for saying. And congratulations. Enjoy your life.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by DanseMacabre(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
N25,500? That's more like a donation to charity na. Except if you mistakenly omitted an extra or more zeroes. grin

*Modified* You said the person in question is an in-law. Have you tried hashing out the issue familially, before escalating it to this level?

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by airex(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Good for you. Thats all I have to say! That is the sacrifice of following shortcuts.
SMH
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
airex:
SMH

I am the bad guy Shea?

What about the person that wants to pay to get a Job?

Sorry, I am that blunt.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:
N25,500? That's more like a donation to charity na. Except if you mistakenly omitted an extra or more zeroes. grin

*Modified* You said the person in question is an in-law. Have you tried hashing out the issue familially, before escalating it to this level?
I don't have any issue with my in law. Not just cos he's my inlaw, he's my guy any day. He was trying to help a brother and he is devastated too. Not just for the money but because he was the person that 'brought the link.'

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
airex:
SMH
Don't mind the guy abeg. Seeking attention. We don see him. Meanwhile he is advertising a job in 2 months in his signature. Na dem dem. If I took the bait I'm trying to ensure others don't and that the magas get apprehended if possible. The former is more of my aim here.
Cheers.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by DanseMacabre(m): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

I don't have any issue with my in law. Not just cos he's my inlaw, he's my guy any day. He was trying to help a brother and he is devastated too. Not just for the kidney but because he was the person that 'brought the link.'

By the bolded, I'm guessing you mean money.

I get now.He's indeed not culpable Goodluck with your quest.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nawa oh. and you were busy answering "OK Sir" to a scammer.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
Nawa oh. and you were busy answering "OK Sir" to a scammer.

LOL. Sir only a courtesy. At least before people prove themselves scammers.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
DanseMacabre:

By the bolded, I'm guessing you mean money.

I get now.He's indeed not culpable Goodluck with your quest.

Auto correction go kill somebody one day o. shocked Na 'money' suppose dey there. Corrected. Many thanks.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by DanseMacabre(m): 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

Auto correction go kill somebody one day o. shocked Na 'money' suppose dey there. Corrected. Many thanks.

No be lie. Peace.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by obinna4Jesus(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Had a similar experience today. And was told that the purpoted recruitment is for NSCDC. Searched for the contact details using true caller and got a certain mr Mike as a response. I was asked to pay #22500 for the alleged recruitment and processing fee which I turned down instantly. I only 'lost ' #200 which I used in buying the call card I sheepishly sent to one of his collaborators so he could plead with their oga to give me the form for the alleged recruitment and that I would reimburse him later when the employment comes to fruition. That was when things began to fall apart and the centre couldn't hold again. Ndi ori! Scammers!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by toprealman: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
Called the number,the waste pipe immediately swore he is going to kill his family not me. His voice alone is a giveaway. Forget the money, the hungry twit can't pay back even in a million years. Give him good publicity. I can work with you on this. Moving forward, avoid shortcuts!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
toprealman:
Called the number,the waste pipe immediately swore he going to kill his family not me. His voice alone is a giveaway. Forget the money, the hungry twit cant pay back. Give him good publicity. I can work with you here

Correct analysis there. I am already spreading the info as wide as I can. These guys can't keep getting away with things like this. Imagine having a bank account to work with with all the BVN applicable. I am working the bank angle to see if someone gets picked up. Lemme know what more info you need that I can provide. I will gladly do so.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by toprealman: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

Correct analysis there. I am already spreading the info as wide as I can. These guys can't keep getting away with things like this. Imagine having a bank account to work with with all the BVN applicable. I am working the bank angle to see if someone gets picked up. Lemme know what more info you need that I can provide. I will gladly do so.
Bank can do very little to help! You will be told get a police report and given your storyline, could be cut in the web
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
toprealman:
Bank can do very little to help! You will be told get a police report and given your storyline, could be cut in the web

I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by namelesss: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Oga sir, are you actually willing to go work in Borno?
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
namelesss:
Oga sir, are you actually willing to go work in Borno?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by airex(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

Don't mind the guy abeg. Seeking attention. We don see him. Meanwhile he is advertising a job in 2 months in his signature. Na dem dem. If I took the bait I'm trying to ensure others don't and that the magas get apprehended if possible. The former is more of my aim here.
Cheers.
Let's work hard and try to bring that guy to book
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by omocalabar(m): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
Better be happy., My foolish broda paid 250k for immigration job...money that wasn't even his own..and u are here complaining of 25k...mtcheew

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
sleemfesh:

you are being silly!
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
airex:
Let's work hard and try to bring that guy to book
which book? How much do you have?
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by crisisexpert321(m): 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
cool wao
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
No one will blame the scammer, no one will help you in tracking the scammer either. It is you they will blame. It is no news and we know how many times co-operations and even government have warned about advanced fee fraud. Who gives an offer without an interview? You are just a lazy being.. you think that is how connect works. Equip yourself with the right info and stop crying over your folly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 8:00am On Oct 14, 2017
majekdom2:
No one will blame the scammer, no one will help you in tracking the scammer either. It is you they will blame. It is no news and we know how many times co-operations and even government have warned about advanced fee fraud. Who gives an offer without an interview? You are just a lazy being.. you think that is how connect works. Equip yourself with the right info and stop crying over your folly.
Beautiful.
I'm sure you are sounding super smart to yourself to make three comments in a row. Mr Smart please allow lazy people o. The Panadol you dey take on top another pesin issue go finish you abeg. Take am easy. I have nothing to prove to you. But I had information to share.
Any other thoughts solomon?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2017
majekdom2:
you are being silly!

Is it your silly?
See this one o.
Hian.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Fresh Job Recruitment / Firstbank Experience Hire / Fidelity Bank Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.