Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. (4454 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2017
sleemfesh:

Beautiful.
I'm sure you are sounding super smart to yourself to make three comments in a row. Mr Smart please allow lazy people o. The Panadol you dey take on top another pesin issue go finish you abeg. Take am easy. I have nothing to prove to you. But I had information to share.
Any other thoughts solomon?
lols, you go still pay more. No worry

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2017
Op I don't know u but if I'm to profile u, I will say u r in ur mid 30's and a very desperate person too.
First meet ur medical scientists guy and relay all that has happened. Tell him, u want to involve the police. In fact he will be one the police will come and pick If he doesn't provide the person he connected u with. Stay away from pipo that ask u to bring money before been given a fed or state job, 89% of the time turned out to be scammed. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2017
Phinity318:
Op I don't know u but if I'm to profile u, I will say u r in ur mid 30's and a very desperate person too.
First meet ur medical scientists guy and relay all that has happened. Tell him, u want to involve the police. In fact he will be one the police will come and pick If he doesn't provide the person he connected u with. Stay away from pipo that ask u to bring money before been given a fed or state job, 89% of the time turned out to be scammed. Shalom

Thanks Mr Profiler.
You don't know me like you said.
89%? Way to contradict yourself. I'm sure you didn't read the rest of the comments leading to where you came in or you won't repeat the scientist's part.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2017
sleemfesh:
. :-

Thanks Mr Profiler.
You don't know me like you said.
89%? Way to contradict yourself. I'm sure you didn't read the rest of the comments leading to where you came in or you won't repeat the scientist's part.
U seem smart, yet u were scammed and now u want a refund of 25k. Just move on cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by caesaraba(m): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2017
Phinity318:

U seem smart, yet u were scammed and now u want a refund of 25k. Just move on cheesy

You call someone who believes that a 25k advance fee would land him a 125k per month Fed Govt job smart?
Desperate is the right word.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2017
Phinity318:

Seem smart? And here I was thinking you are the only smart guy on Nairaland. I guess the purported 15m guys that put one President Buhari in place now were dunce abi?

caesaraba:

You call someone who believes that a 25k advance fee would land him a 125k per month Fed Govt job smart?
Desperate is the right word.

It is not your desperate oga. Mind your own smartness.
If someone makes an offer and I match it it behoves on them to deliver their part of the bargain provided it is not illegal. That's why 419 is a criminal offense not only in Nigeria but the world over. But I guess your smartness is too much to comprehend that. Pick the lesson and move ahead.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by caesaraba(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2017
sleemfesh:

Seem smart? And here I was thinking you are the only smart guy on Nairaland. I guess the purported 15m guys that put one President Buhari in place now were dunce abi?

It is not your desperate oga. Mind your own smartness.
If someone makes an offer and I match it it behoves on them to deliver their part of the bargain provided it is not illegal. That's why 419 is a criminal offense not only in Nigeria but the world over. But I guess your smartness is too much to comprehend that. Pick the lesson and move ahead.

It is illegal to pay a bribe to get a job. Which is why, rather than take your grievances to the legal authorities, you are here on Nairaland pouring out your frustration. I understand your predicament. Taking it out on others isn't the way forward. People have been paying for jobs for a long time and getting them. You got scammed, you, my friend, are the one who needs a lesson on how to get it right next time. (If that's the path you wanna tow). What were you expecting when your created this thread? A pity- party? Or an army standing ready to fight your scammer for you?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
caesaraba:

It is illegal to pay a bribe to get a jo b. kiss Which is why, rather than take your grievances to the legal authorities, you are here on Nairaland pouring out your frustration. I understand your predicament. Taking it out on others isn't the way forward. People have been paying for jobs for a long time and getting them. You got scammed, you, my friend, are the one who needs a lesson on how to get it right next time. (If that's the path you wanna tow). What were you expecting when your created this thread? A pity- party? Or an army standing ready to fight your scammer for you?

The highlighted statements there is a result of somebody trying too hard to be correct. If the second statement (in bold) of yours is correct then what issue do you have with how I chose to execute my options? You must not talk or type at all costs.

Take your pity and shove it up where the sun don't shine. It's not needed. Some people learn and teach others and some like you fail to learn and keep being 'smart' and 'correct'. Your cup of tea.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Next2Bezee(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
caesaraba:

It is illegal to pay a bribe to get a job. Which is why, rather than take your grievances to the legal authorities, you are here on Nairaland pouring out your frustration. I understand your predicament. Taking it out on others isn't the way forward. People have been paying for jobs for a long time and getting them. You got scammed, you, my friend, are the one who needs a lesson on how to get it right next time. (If that's the path you wanna tow). What were you expecting when your created this thread? A pity- party? Or an army standing ready to fight your scammer for you?

Would you just chill.

I'm pretty sure the OP knew it was illegal before he paid, but securing shortcuts and special treatment has become the norm in this country.

I think the OP is just trying to ruin the scammer's game now that he has been scammed, a bit funny i agree. But this could also deter others not to fall prey to such scams in an attempt to get a job.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Would you just chill.

I'm pretty sure the OP knew it was illegal before he paid, but securing shortcuts and special treatment has become the norm in this country.

I think the OP is just trying to ruin the scammer's game now that he has been scammed, a bit funny i agree. But this could also deter others not to fall prey to such scams in an attempt to get a job.
Na today wey dem dey scam. You just said the guy knew it was illegal but he still went ahead. The OP lacks judgemental skills, he comes attacking every post he isn't ok with or that tries to scold him. The scammer's full everywhere, no be OP go expose them. Just like MMM, after the crash, people are still investing in ponzi schemes. They call it risk, I call it stupidity!. The OP never wan learn. If another scam is presented in in sweet way, the guy go fall.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Would you just chill.

Bros abeg no mind the guy. Some people are too wise for their own good.

majekdom2:
Na today wey dem dey scam. You just said the guy knew it was illegal but he still went ahead. The OP lacks judgemental skills, he comes attacking every post he isn't ok with or that tries to scold him. The scammer's full everywhere, no be OP go expose them. Just like MMM, after the crash, people are still investing in ponzi schemes. They call it risk, I call it stupidity!. The OP never wan learn. If another scam is presented in in sweet way, the guy go fall.

You obviously don't know when to give up.
Watch your back. Na guys like you dey enter the worst:the I-too-knows.
SMH.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
sleemfesh:

Bros abeg no mind the guy. Some people are too wise for their own good.

You obviously don't know when to give up.
Watch your back. Na guys like you dey enter the worst:the I-too-knows.
SMH.
lols.. My one naira never enter any scammer hand. I ain't greedy, unteachable. I am a good listener and cautious. Wetin be I too know. You be fo0l guy

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by sleemfesh: 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
majekdom2:
lols.. My one naira never enter any scammer hand. I ain't greedy, unteachable. I am a good listener and cautious. Wetin be I too know. You be fo0l guy

Congratulations.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Next2Bezee(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
majekdom2:

If your talking about scam in a literal sense, then I'd say you're wrong, except you want to claim that you have never been fooled since you were born.

The OP sure made the wrong choice, but there's nothing wrong in exposing the scammers, those that will learn will learn and those that won't well...won't.
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by davies4(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Naw o for this buhari tenue
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 15, 2017
I'll expose one journalist wanna be soon. I've given him an ultimatum to do the needful before Monday or I'll make him famous.

Thanks for doing this. This is how you shame those who live by fraud.

sleemfesh:
So I fell for it. Yea. I can't say I didn't smell it earlier but circumstances didn't allow me respond more appropriately. Lessons learnt.

Long story short, an in-law who is a medical scientist wanted to help as he heard I had quit my regular job. He'd been approached by an intern colleague of his who said a man had connection for a fed job. He got to me, I spoke with the man and ended up paying 25,500NGN for the supposed job. He said I will be earning 125k a month and will pay a part to the arrangers of the job for six months.

A couple days later he said he has finished only that I was posted to Borno state and that he is not happy that the place is war torn due to Boko Haram. Right there and then I knew I had entered one chance things. I decided to play along. He said the people are also asking for extra 100k to move me to a better state. I told him there was no such money on me and I'm not able to get it lent to me. I asked to get the job and I will pay it back from my salary. He said that was not applicable. After so much talk, I told him to have me posted anywhere it is that I don't mind.

He would later stop picking my calls so I decided to goad him by saying I wanted to see if I can still pay for the reposting. He replied saying that he cannot send someone where is not good that if I cannot source the money he will refund me. I replied shaperly saying he should please refund me.

This is almost three weeks and no show.

I promised him I'm taking the case to the social media if he doesn't pay me back my money today. Following will be details of the man and his associate so that folks will beware of them.

Phone number 08067328963
Name according to TruCaller is "Mr Mike"
Account no he said to pay to goes thus:
Account name: IKE BLESSING IFEOMA.
A/C No = 3573064843.
Bank Name: ECO BANK PLC.

PS: Anybody with information on how to take these guys up should drop a comment. I have also attached screenshots and a record of one of our calls. I have other call records with me too.

This is a link to the voice recording of our call and him requesting the money which I uploaded at Vocaroo.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1dWOTR5DKwe

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 15, 2017
The scamed nd the scammee are both corrupt. Go sleep

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by StPete: 5:53am On Oct 15, 2017
I feel there are some scammers here who feel pained by the OPs line of action. Let's expose them more as they happen till there's no where left for them to run.

The OP made a mistake which any other person can easily make and judging from the fact that it came through a "trusted" in law, c'mon y'all should give the OP a break. Nobody sabi pass

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Jflex07(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2017
I see people here making fun of the op,the open fell victim which can happen to anyone, these scammers never give up and so the op is just tryna warm air persons, the over sabi ones should let him be please

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by airex(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
majekdom2:
which book? How much do you have?
Respect yourself....
Re: I Was Scammed For An Fg Job That I Thought I Was Paying For. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sorry about the loss, just move on, never pay anybody advance fee to get a job. you can bargain to be given them a percentage of your income for a particular number of months after you got the job but to pay before the job is a NoNo.. Most are usually scams.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation For Computer Based Test For Ncdmb Training Program And Interview / Standard Chartered Bank Aptitude Test Format Pls! / Food Concepts Plc Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.