Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,029 members, 7,838,581 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian (463 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Tukur Buratai Leads Morning Exercise With Troops Ahead Of Tomorrow Election (pic / President Buhari Arrives Katsina State, Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello fellow Leaders of Tomorrow,
How are you all doing at this time of the day?
I know some of you are aggrieved already because it seems you have been lied to all through your existence as a child.

Just like you, the first thing that hits my thoughts whenever I hear "Leaders of tomorrow" is always my childhood, the nursery rhymes we were compulsorily made to recite every morning especially on the assembly ground usually while retiring back to our classes.
Oh, such memories reminds us how hopeful we were as babies, gradually we became adults one way or the other the nursery school rhymes kept on ringing in our heads, and in the end it seems we were lied to.

We weren't lied to, not at all or in anyway. We were told the candid truth but the problem we have is we expected the leadership of fall from the sky and drop on our heads individually. We failed to understand that none of our current leaders who have been in power since before we were born got it on a platter of gold. Even if some were passed on to them from their parents they still worked their way up because the last time I checked its rare the entire family are still in leadership, the one who had the passion to actualize the dream of leading the country remained consistent and hardworking until they got there.

We have been so lazy, we don't work towards being leaders of tomorrow we expect unwarranted magic to befall us. We have chosen to be the "talk more do nothing" group of living things.

Have you had any opportunity to look up history, check the ages our leaders that started the struggle?

Now compare their achievements at their various ages with what you have today!

Am sure most of us have little or nothing not too far away from 9,000 Twitter followers, 7,000 Instagram followers, 5,000 Facebook friends. Now I know this might sound funny but its the bitter truth.

Funny enough these social media accounts are filled mostly with people we don't even know, because I was about to ask if you can even bring all your followers to lead them in reality. No, not at all because most of us are a shadow of who we are on social media.

We snap at the slightest opportunity to throw words at our leaders when we hear one mishap or the other on social media but actually we will clap and echo their names endlessly when they pass by in their cars protected like its carrying the keys to the gate of Heaven.

These people we have today can't lead us tomorrow because we on our own have failed ourselves and we know it.

Why can't we get up on our feet and actualize those childhood dreams? We have chosen to follow the trend of Online Warriors, Facebook Andrew the Giant, Twitter Zuma Rock, Instagram Goliath.. Why have we all chosen to shoot ourselves in the leg?

We need to get up, leave our comfort zones and prove ourselves worthy because if we don't they will never take us seriously. They will rather continue to recycle themselves in the circle of leadership and we will continue to be leaders of tomorrow for as long as we have internet connections.

We have become so scared that we can't even give it a trial. We sit back and watch out for who wants to be the scapegoat and when one finally comes up we literally tear the person apart with our body languages, its a very common saying "him know say him no go win" and we laugh at the person and go ahead to give "solid" reasons why he won't win instead of putting heads together to actualize those childhood dreams of ours. We might not know but just saying "great move bro, we dey your back" keeps the spirit up.

We cannot remain this way, we will have to go take that which belongs to us before we will keep stretching our arms till eternity making our children have a feel if not worse than what we faced, I know no parents wants such for their offspring.

Finally even if you can't put up the courage to work towards becoming the "leaders of tomorrow" please don't discourage those that have gathered the morale. What belongs to us must come to us. They can't have theirs and have our own too. Its time for us to get up and make the move or we will never be noticed till we seize to exist.

In a nut shell all I have been saying is WE ARE NOT FINISHED, It's time for us to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Yours Truly
AnotherNigerian.

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-leaders-of-tomorrow-from.html#more

Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by unnamebo: 11:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
#word
Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by baski92(m): 2:20am On Oct 14, 2017
Guy go sleep

Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by WealthPhillips(m): 6:21am On Oct 14, 2017
Lmao
baski92:
Guy go sleep
Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by Gentle034(m): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2017
It's not Nigerians you should be telling this, some of us don't even understand the netigrity of what it means to be a leader, while some want to be mere spectators.
Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by MrThisandthat(m): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gentle034:
It's not Nigerians you should be telling this, some of us don't even understand the netigrity of what it means to be a leader, while some want to be mere spectators.
you have a point there bro
Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by magoo10(m): 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lols when we have irresponsible leaders who get to power through propaganda and bloodshed there is actually no hope for the future .
When we were kids they tell us that we are leaders of tomorrow, more than 30 years after the same people are still leading us .
These leaders who control so much resources and power have made it almost impossible for a younger generation to pass through the hurdle of getting to leadership.

I wonder if it is a youth that is writing this or a 70year old man because people you should be calling leaders of tomorrow are pry school pupils.
Re: Letter To Leaders Of Tomorrow From Anothernigerian by oladeebo: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
magoo10:
Lols when we have irresponsible leaders who get to power through propaganda and bloodshed there is actually no hope for the future .
When we were kids they tell us that we are leaders of tomorrow, more than 30 years after the same people are still leading us .
These leaders who control so much resources and power have made it almost impossible for a younger generation to pass through the hurdle of getting to leadership.

I wonder if it is a youth that is writing this or a 70year old man because people you should be calling leaders of tomorrow are pry school pupils.

kikan ni kan, enikan ebimo ko soo nibaale
The youths of today didn't know what is leadership, how it build-up in man, how people see leadership in you, before pointed at you as a leader!
even during the coup era, those who take to lead at time didn't participated in coup they were appointed!

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Minister Without Portfolio, David-west Hits Kachikwu / Re: The Nigeria Is Not Going To Divide Thread By Whateverkay / Gowon: Good Morning Sir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.