Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City (75613 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Abuja You've probably Never Seen Before. / Beautiful sights and pictures from IBADAN city!!! / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Premier hotel Ibadan

UI senate building

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mapo hall

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by totit: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
ODVanguard:
Ace Estates, Jericho IB.
Mehn, I fit move go IB o. grin

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by heendrix(m): 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Actually, I think the pictures didn't do much credit to the beauty of Ibadan. Of course it has it's slums, But, have you ever been to Ibadan? Maybe you should try visiting there.

spent some years in ibadan but ajimobi only tried on his first term in office. ....if you'd tried moving from ojoo to iwo rd n vise versa honestly the xpres rd is now a dumping for dirtys n waste major rd fr that matter. the man who even tried filling the port holes was arrested

to be ib is overrated tbh
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by heendrix(m): 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
Naijaarchive:

Seems hard to believe but it's actually the way u are seeing it... Not all the roads are as smooth as those but all major ones are like that

my pity is to those people who's houses n shops were broke on his idea of enlarging roads right from idi ape to basorun, n ojurin. he's not even started the so called enlargement he just left it that way while the people suffer

mehn that man is a beast
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Basic123:

Ibadan is not the dirtiest city in Nigeria.

for condemning Ajimobi on Ibadan.definitely you've not relocated to ibadan when akala and ladoja ruled the state.The only aspect ajimobi has failed are lautech issue,Arrogance and poor salary payment.I reside in this,long before you relocated in 2012,The last time ibadan experienced real growth apart of ajimobi time was during awolowo and bola ige regime!
Are you saying that Ibadan is neat and the govt is not failed in that area? Probably you are one of those that are deceiving the man.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
omoelerin1:
Are you saying that Ibadan is neat and the govt is not failed in that area? Probably you are one of those that are deceiving the man.

Did my comment look like one deceiving him?,cant you see that I slammed him on are of his poor performance.
To answer your question.Ibadan is not as neat as an ideal city should be but definitely not the dirtiest in the country.I just dont want to mention names of dirtier cities.However it has really changed from what it used to be during akala and ladoja when it was one of the dirtiest in the world self!
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
heendrix:

my pity is to those people who's houses n shops were broke on his idea of enlarging roads right from idi ape to basorun, n ojurin. he's not even started the so called enlargement he just left it that way while the people suffer

mehn that man is a beast
ha ba,the last time I passed there the work was still on going.They can not do all at the same time.I am one of those people that always pray that that road is expanded because I one reside in akobo.To be candid tha enlargement is not "so called".its hight needed!
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
heendrix:

spent some years in ibadan but ajimobi only tried on his first term in office. ....if you'd tried moving from ojoo to iwo rd n vise versa honestly the xpres rd is now a dumping for dirtys n waste major rd fr that matter. the man who even tried filling the port holes was arrested

to be ib is overrated tbh
Are you still in Ibadan?

ibadan is not in anyway overrated.it's rather underrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Basic123:

Did my comment look like one deceiving him?,cant you see that I slammed him on are of his poor performance.
To answer your question.Ibadan is not as neat as an ideal city should be but definitely not the dirtiest in the country.I just dont want to mention names of dirtier cities.However it has really changed from what it used to be during akala and ladoja when it was one of the dirtiest in the world self!
There is no difference between then and now. Ibadan is bad. perhaps, you don't trek along the road, you only move within your estate with your car
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2017
omoelerin1:
There is no difference between then and now. Ibadan is bad. perhaps, you don't trek along the road, you only move within your estate with your car
base on your own point of view.You never know how ibadan was before now!
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by UDIOK: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2017
richeeyo:
Where are the brown roofs
Renovated
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by richeeyo(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2017
UDIOK:
Renovated
shocked shocked shocked
No that can't be
That was the main point of attraction
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2017
Basic123:

base on your own point of view.You never know how ibadan was before now!
Presently Ibadan is so dirty and smelling. I don't want to know it used to be before.

Last year, my friend who lives in Jos went to Lagos. When he got to Lagos, he called me to ask where I was living in Lagos in order to visit me before he return. When I told him that I was in Ibadan, his response was: 'There is an irritating odour in that city'. Mind you, this is someone who has never been to Ibadan. It is just because his vehicle passed through Ibadan while coming from the north (ojoo- toll gate high way) without even come down from the vehicle. He was very correct.

Before and during the first term of Ajimobi, there used to be big drums in strategic places across the city where people used to dump their refuse, then the trucks will come to pack them. It was about 3 years ago that all those drums were evacuated at night by the state govt. Its excuse was that those drums littered the city. Govt then asked the citizens to engage the service of private contractors! Contractors whose services are not efficient and effective.

just take a stroll down the streets, I doubt it if you will not contract disease before retuning home as a result of bad odours and human faeces that litter everywhere.

I was surprised when I saw the environmental agency burning a very tall heap of refuse along the express road in the broad day light. Come and see the very thick smoke every where. Nothing portrays a govt as an irresponsible more than this!

You do not provide refuse dumping drums, no trucks, where do you want them to drop their garbage? inside their rooms?

After a little rainfall just go out, you will see how every place is littered with rubbish. People drop their refuse indiscriminately by the road side, inside the gutter, water channel, canal, along the express road, in front of their houses an so on. God forbid, if there is a break out of epidemic, I think it is man made.

Ironically, there are number of trucks belong to Oyo govt, exclusively meant for agodi, Secretariat, governor's office and their so called GRA.

Oyo govt is failed in that aspect. I don't care whether past or present administration. All I know is that govt is a failure and not responsible. So stop defending a lie.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
KFC Bodija, Ibadan

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
KFC, Ring road, Ibadan

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ibadan brown roof(beautiful version). grin grin

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Beere, Ibadan (The most brownish part of IB)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Domino pizza, Bodija, Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
omoelerin1:
Presently Ibadan is so dirty and smelling. I don't want to know it used to be before.

Last year, my friend who lives in Jos went to Lagos. When he got to Lagos, he called me to ask where I was living in Lagos in order to visit me before he return. When I told him that I was in Ibadan, his response was: 'There is an irritating odour in that city'. Mind you, this is someone who has never been to Ibadan. It is just because his vehicle passed through Ibadan while coming from the north (ojoo- toll gate high way) without even come down from the vehicle. He was very correct.

Before and during the first term of Ajimobi, there used to be big drums in strategic places across the city where people used to dump their refuse, then the trucks will come to pack them. It was about 3 years ago that all those drums were evacuated at night by the state govt. Its excuse was that those drums littered the city. Govt then asked the citizens to engage the service of private contractors! Contractors whose services are not efficient and effective.

just take a stroll down the streets, I doubt it if you will not contract disease before retuning home as a result of bad odours and human faeces that litter everywhere.

I was surprised when I saw the environmental agency burning a very tall heap of refuse along the express road in the broad day light. Come and see the very thick smoke every where. Nothing portrays a govt as an irresponsible more than this!

You do not provide refuse dumping drums, no trucks, where do you want them to drop their garbage? inside their rooms?

After a little rainfall just go out, you will see how every place is littered with rubbish. People drop their refuse indiscriminately by the road side, inside the gutter, water channel, canal, along the express road, in front of their houses an so on. God forbid, if there is a break out of epidemic, I think it is man made.

Ironically, there are number of trucks belong to Oyo govt, exclusively meant for agodi, Secretariat, governor's office and their so called GRA.

Oyo govt is failed in that aspect. I don't care whether past or present administration. All I know is that govt is a failure and not responsible. So stop defending a lie.

He passed through a section of the city and concluded that the whole city smell grin

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
Basic123:

He passed through a section of the city and concluded that the whole city smell grin
Ibadan is the dirtiest state capital. You had better advise Ajimonbi to go and see Calabar, that very beautiful city. Let him meet his counterpart in Lagos to give him some clues. He should go and check Ilorin, that very neat city. Perhaps, he should go and look at the small city of Ado -Ekiti and see how clean it is. He can go to Osogbo and Akure.
Omo'badan.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Basic123: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
omoelerin1:
Ibadan is the dirtiest state capital. You had better advise Ajimonbi to go and see Calabar, that very beautiful city. Let him meet his counterpart in Lagos to give him some clues. He should go and check Ilorin, that very neat city. Perhaps, he should go and look at the small city of Ado -Ekiti and see how clean it is. He can go to Osogbo and Akure.
Omo'badan.
The peculiarly of ibadan is different.All those cities you listed are not as large as just bodija except lagos.people are quick to compare lagos to ibadan not knowing that lagos is a city-state.Ibadan should be made a state for better management! .I am Omo'badan and i'm proud of that.tell me the name of your village.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
Basic123:

The peculiarly of ibadan is different.All those cities you listed are not as large as just bodija except lagos.people are quick to compare lagos to ibadan not knowing that lagos is a city-state.Ibadan should be made a state for better management! .I am Omo'badan and i'm proud of that.tell me the name of your village.
Some people don't even know the meaning of state. state ko, country ni.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by heendrix(m): 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
Basic123:

ha ba,the last time I passed there the work was still on going.They can not do all at the same time.I am one of those people that always pray that that road is expanded because I one reside in akobo.To be candid tha enlargement is not "so called".its hight needed!

the only work you saw was the breaking. ...but the real enlargement of the road I mean plying the road is just stagnant
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Eastwalk(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2017
omoelerin1:
Omo'badan.
I think it has to do with the attitude of the people, there are waste management in IB reaching most nooks of the city even the worst district of oje and beere. You shouldn't expect to the government to start sensitize them on how to use the management. I know places like Onireke, Jericho, idi ishin, Samonda, iyanganku, Agodi and other where you hardly find a trash on the ground in IB. Are the people living there not human being, I guess am right if i conclude poverty really affect people ways of life. And there is no sense in claiming Ibadan is the dirtiest city, no sense in comparing it with those small city with sparse population.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by omoelerin1: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2017
Eastwalk:
I think it has to do with the attitude of the people, there are waste management in IB reaching most nooks of the city even the worst district of oje and beere. You shouldn't expect to the government to start sensitize them on how to use the management. I know places like Onireke, Jericho, idi ishin, Samonda, iyanganku, Agodi and other where you hardly find a trash on the ground in IB. Are the people living there not human being, I guess am right if i conclude poverty really affect people ways of life. And there is no sense in claiming Ibadan is the dirtiest city, no sense in comparing it with those small city with sparse population.
Being a big city is not an excuse at all. We are saying govt is failed, you keep defending the irresponsible politicians.
I have listened to Ajimobi's commissioner for environment on a radio interview program, the way he responded to some of the questions shows the reason why we experience poor service delivery by govts in Nigeria. We have a long way to go as long as these calibre of people keep occupying leadership position. These people just lack political will and competency to do the right things. It is as simple as that.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ibadan then

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City by Oxtonguy: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Drone View Of Owerri (Photos) / Photos Of Ore Flyover Bridge In Ondo State / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.