Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? (3363 Views)

Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sleekydee:
her wahala go too much...Lol

on a more serious note, if genuine love exist, it wont mata.

using my relationship as an example, wen I end up wit my gf, if eventually she bcoms richer dan I am, I won't lose one minute of sleep. I kno she undastand perfectly d concept of " what's mine is hers n vice versa"

your gf is a rare gem.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
imustsaymymindo:

Well, in my own opinion I think it is a fallacy that the richest person in a group or in a relationship automatically becomes the one in control. If so, the richest man in each country would automatically become the President or be the most influential person in the country. And this is untrue.

Following this line of thought, it is probable that those men that lost control or respect because their wives got richer than them is because they didn't have strong leadership qualities but relied on money to buy them such respect.

Story for tortoise. my dear. only 3 things buys respect for women.

1. Man with good enough money.
2. Man that can satisfy sexually.
3. Man that can provide security for his family (part of this can be money as well)

If you loose any one of this. Your respect is gone to the Wind.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
@bold are you sure? Because it does seem to be about who has more money. If not why is the woman getting her own money scaring the shyt out of you guys?

A husband is not a helpmate. What is he?
Do you know the meaning of helpmate?

That why many of you are useless as companions. You're presence only adds work for the woman instead of making her life less stressful. (Which is the whole point of getting married.) having some to help you so that things are less stressful for you as single person/parent.
Acidosis:

Cooking is not a function of who has less money. Stop idolizing money.
My wife will cook, and that's not because I earn more..

Many men will not cook because it is simply not "manly" for them to cook all the time. A man or woman that wants to cook will do so even while he/she earns millions.

If at some point, a woman earns so well that she can no longer take care of her house, the ideal thing is to assign some of the roles to an alternate HELPmate. A husband is not a helpmate.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by DarkRebel69: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

You're an embarrassment to humanity. I know shamelessness is one of your good qualities but please learn to comport yourself, at least, on Sabbath.

Someone would be an embarassment to humanity only if humanity had the need to protect its integrity. Who is humanity trying to impress? Plants? Animals? Aliens? Non-existent deities?

Sabbath is on Saturday, not Sunday. Does your theology need help?

Jibby, jiggy, jibber, jagger. Sorry. I don't speak the language of apes, nor do I wish to communicate with apes. Now go eat a banana or whatever it is that your people do.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Daeylar(f): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

Cooking is not a function of who has less money. Stop idolizing money. My wife will cook, and that's not because I earn more..

Many men will not cook because it is simply not "manly" for them to cook all the time. A man or woman that wants to cook will do so even while he/she earns millions.

If at some point, a woman earns so well that she can no longer take care of her house, the ideal thing is to assign some of the roles to an alternate HELPmate. A
husband is not a helpmate

A husband is not a helpmate?
It is finished

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
I don't mind if my wife earns more than I do, so far there is love and mutual respect from both sides. A family should live on the principle of what is his is hers and what is hers is his.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Bruno3000(m): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
OmoLayo29:

I should dash my husband money? He earns more than me but he likes to borrow all my money so that I can go broke and beg him for money.men ehn undecided
No mind us oh...
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 16, 2017
MADUBI:
I don't mind if my wife earns more than I do, so far there is love and mutual respect from both sides. A family should live on the principle of what is his is hers and what is hers is his.
YEP!

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by needful: 2:05am On Oct 17, 2017
cococandy:
Because they don't want to be treated the way they treat their wives when they are the ones with money.

To them it seems normal of a rich man has mistresses and is waited upon hand and foot. It's okay. It's healthy. It's doesn't belittle the woman.

But once a woman is rich same things become suddenly horrible. What am I saying?
even doing half of what men do when they are rich would be an abomination of women do them.

If a rich man works hard to provide for his family, it is common sense that the wife take care of his personal needs and that of the family but if the situation were to be reversed, she's would be evil to expect him to take care of her while she's providing for the family.

Disgusting hypocrites

This is the only reasonable speech here. Men do not want their wife to be rich because when they wife is rich, all their nonsense wont be tolerated as the wife is capable of taking good care of herself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by cococandy(f): 2:12am On Oct 17, 2017
needful:

This is the only reasonable speech here. Men do not want their wife to be rich because when they wife is rich, all their nonsense wont be tolerated as the wife is capable of taking good care of herself.
Lol
Leave them let them keep beating about the bush as if we don't know the real reason.

6 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2017
needful:

Exactly
That's why I always encourage all Ladies to be financially independent cos if a Lady have her own reliable and good source of income, no man can come and be treating her like trash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise Needed Please. / Very Low-intellectual Youths In Nigeria: Who's To Blame-schools Or Parents? / Let's Talk About Autism....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.