Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? (3354 Views)

Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Daeylar(f): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
If you make more money than us, what then do we have to offer other than our pen1s...

Right there is the reason why a lot of men (not all) don't want their wives to make more money than them because it takes away their true manliness. The manliness is the reason they are respected and in some occasions, feared by their wives, so why risk something like that?

I like people who speak the truth

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Blade21: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

smh, so this is your plan abi?
he he he
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Daeylar(f): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2017
cruchenutii:

[s]
Lets just agree that Women are complicated beings that start messing up when they are giving little power LOL[/s]

Misogynist

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by mployer(m): 6:37am On Oct 15, 2017
Whomever that owns the largest share in company controls company decisions. He is the head.

In the family, whomever that earns more money is the head of the family, you can only argue on it but you can't help it.

Any family that is headed by woman usually ends in disaster because women are not naturally wired for that role. The Bible said the man should be the head of the family.

There are exceptions though. I have seen.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by EfemenaXY: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

...because NO woman wish/pray to earn more than her husband.

You will earn more money than your husband. Say Amen...

Lets see the number of women that will quote me and type amen.

Acid. That's a very childish thing to write.

A good marriage built on a solid foundation promotes "oneness" between husband and wife. That means working TOGETHER in partnerships for the benefit of the family unit.

It shouldn't matter who earns more or less as they aren't in competition with each other (over what?)

Yes, money does make life easier, but it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of the union. TRUST ranks higher than money. And genuine LOVE. Otherwise that union will forever be strife with problems and may not stand the test of time.

7 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by EfemenaXY: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2017
byvan03:
Doesn't matter who is richer, they are playing for the same team.

True words.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2017
Because they don't want to be treated the way they treat their wives when they are the ones with money.

To them it seems normal of a rich man has mistresses and is waited upon hand and foot. It's okay. It's healthy. It's doesn't belittle the woman.

But once a woman is rich same things become suddenly horrible. What am I saying?
even doing half of what men do when they are rich would be an abomination of women do them.

If a rich man works hard to provide for his family, it is common sense that the wife take care of his personal needs and that of the family but if the situation were to be reversed, she's would be evil to expect him to take care of her while she's providing for the family.

Disgusting hypocrites

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2017
cococandy:
Because they don't want to be treated the way they treat their wives when they are the ones with money.

To them it seems normal of a rich man has mistresses and is waited upon hand and foot. It's okay. It's healthy. It's doesn't belittle the woman.

But once a woman is rich same things become suddenly horrible. What am I saying?
even doing half of what men do when they are rich would be an abomination of women do them.

Disgusting hypocrites

Babe angry , you so predictable.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by EfemenaXY: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

Will this stop single ladies from running after loaded guys with cars?

That's not my opinion, but the opinion of your fellows.

I seriously don't care whether my spouse earn higher.. but I have to speak the truth, let's trace the root of a man's insecurity. Almost all the women I have ever met or read about want a better man in all aspect. Some of you cannot hold a 10 minute prayer but you want a god fearing man.. some of you are less than 4 feet, but you want a 10 feet guy.

Don't blame a man for being insecure at some point when all that got you attracted in the first place was those things he had in better quality and quantity!

It's good to state at the onset of the relationship what your expectations are. If as a lady your criteria for your life partner is that he must be tall, dark, handsome, kind-hearted, and have a calm disposition, then by all means go for it.

If on the other hand you care less about his physical attributes but more about the depth of his pockets, then by all means let him know it from the start.

And vice versa for the male folk.

If both parties are okay with the expectations from each other, fine. If not negotiate and come to an agreeable compromise. Otherwise go your separate ways. Nothing is ever set in stone.

Re: the bolded, a lot of men are the cause of their own insecurities. If as a man, you start off by flashing the cash, believing it's the only way to get ladies interested in you, then don't complain if your cash-flashing-antics attract the wrong type of women. Start as you mean to go.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by DarkRebel69: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Acid. That's a very childish thing to write.

A good marriage built on a solid foundation promotes "oneness" between husband and wife. That means working TOGETHER in partnerships for the benefit of the family unit.

It shouldn't matter who earns more or less as they aren't in competition with each other (over what?)

Yes, money does make life easier, but it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of the union. TRUST ranks higher than money. And genuine LOVE. Otherwise that union will forever be strife with problems and may not stand the test of time.

That guy you quoted is probably the dumbest person on this section. He's so dumb that it hurts. (I'm almost forced to sympathize with Francis Galton's eugenics campaign). He must have an IQ of 20 digits. The way he processes the world around him is similar to the way a primitive animal in the wild would. I'm surprised he hasn't yet quoted a bible passage (which is no different from quoting a page from Harry Potter) to justify the archaic and utter nonsense he's wont to write.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by EfemenaXY: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

That guy you quoted is probably the dumbest person on this section. He's so dumb that it hurts. (I'm almost forced to sympathize with Francis Galton's eugenics campaign). He must have an IQ of 20 digits. The way he processes the world around him is similar to the way a primitive animal in the wild would. I'm surprised he hasn't yet quoted a bible passage (which is no different from quoting a page from Harry Potter) to justify the archaic and utter nonsense he's wont to write.

I'm sorry I don't agree with your approach. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's a free forum and that doesn't give you the right to resort to insults to get your point across.

I don't have and never have had issues with acidosis. Sometimes we agree on certain points and sometimes we don't.

Or are you deliberately trying to cause a stir here?

cc: RoyalRoy

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by eyinjuege: 9:49am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

undecided

Why?

Your wahala is too much jare cheesy

You said a prayer, and some said amen. Yet you're complaining.

Was it meant to be a curse?

You'd be surprised at the number of married women that'll say amen to Your prayers, especially when their husbands earn more money, and has been misbehaving towards them. Many stay put in the marriage because they're not financially independent and this your prayer is truly a heart felt desire.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

You will earn more money than your husband. Say Amen
Amen
Amen and amen! I want to be the next okonjo or. alakija
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by EfemenaXY: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
Amen

Love the Afro smiley
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2017
whitebeard:
OK I am part of those men who would end up transferring all their assets to their wives..cause that's what I actually plan on doing..so nothing can come between me and my games..!!

cheesy
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by SAMBARRY: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

undecided

Why?
I want to OWN my OWN money and take control of my OWN FINANCES because like the bible says woe is he that puts his trust in man undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2017
SAMBARRY:
I want to OWN my OWN money and take control of my OWN FINANCES because like the bible says woe is he that puts his trust in man undecided

kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Daeylar(f): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2017
cococandy:

If a rich man works hard to provide for his family, it is common sense that the wife take care of his personal needs and that of the family but if the situation were to be reversed, she's would be evil to expect him to take care of her while she's providing for the family.

Disgusting hypocrites

Their way grin grin grin grin

Hypocrites grin

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

It's good to state at the onset of the relationship what your expectations are. If as a lady your criteria for your life partner is that he must be tall, dark, handsome, kind-hearted, and have a calm disposition, then by all means go for it.

If on the other hand you care less about his physical attributes but more about the depth of his pockets, then by all means let him know it from the start.

And vice versa for the male folk.

If both parties are okay with the expectations from each other, fine. If not negotiate and come to an agreeable compromise. Otherwise go your separate ways. Nothing is ever set in stone.

Re: the bolded, a lot of men are the cause of their own insecurities. If as a man, you start off by flashing the cash, believing it's the only way to get ladies interested in you, then don't complain if your cash-flashing-antics attract the wrong type of women. Start as you mean to go.

I like the way you approach the bolded part in my previous post.

Like I said earlier, I don't really care whether my spouse earns better, but as always, I like to approach issues from a different perspective.

Money should never be the essence of any relationship but that's not always the case.

If more women learn to reduce the manner at which they worship money (and men with money), men will immediately respond to the trend. Men display what women want to see (good house, furniture, car)...same way a woman displays what men wish you see (figure 8, good hair, etc).

Meanwhile, the insecurity we talk so much about is not a disease. I think, at some point, it is normal to be insecure. If for instance, my wife earns a million naira per month, and I'm stuck at 50k without a burning desire to improve my earnings, it means that I am shameless. So you'll agree with me that some level of insecurity is ideal. At least, we've read about the attitude of female bosses severally.. I'm not making up estimates from my head, but I do know that many women avoid female bosses. This is the reality we hate to face.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
eyinjuege:

Your wahala is too much jare cheesy

You said a prayer, and some said amen. Yet you're complaining.

Was it meant to be a curse?

You'd be surprised at the number of married women that'll say amen to Your prayers, especially when their husbands earn more money, and has been misbehaving towards them. Many stay put in the marriage because they're not financially independent and this your prayer is truly a heart felt desire.

The amen largely came from married women smiley smiley

Let's take the stats of amen from single ladies.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
Amen
and your husband will be...?
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You could have just simply ignored my comment if you didn't approve of my approach. See her tagging Ro lRoy as well. Drama queen.

You're an embarrassment to humanity. I know shamelessness is one of your good qualities but please learn to comport yourself, at least, on Sabbath.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
cococandy:

Disgusting hypocrites

Cooking is not a function of who has less money. Stop idolizing money. My wife will cook, and that's not because I earn more..

Many men will not cook because it is simply not "manly" for them to cook all the time. A man or woman that wants to cook will do so even while he/she earns millions.

If at some point, a woman earns so well that she can no longer take care of her house, the ideal thing is to assign some of the roles to an alternate HELPmate. A husband is not a helpmate.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

and your husband will be...?

whatever he wants to be and finds fulfillment in. I won't try to stop his hustle or demand submission or force him to be a stay at home dad or house horseband cheesy unlike some control freaks I know tongue
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

whatever he wants to be and finds fulfillment in. I won't try to stop his hustle or demand submission or force him to be a stay at home dad or house horseband cheesy unlike some control freaks I know tongue
grin
You don't want him to stay home, cook for you and the kids, and tell you "welcome home honey, your food is ready"?

But you were among those that liked cococandy's cr. azy post? tongue tongue
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Bruno3000(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
OmoLayo29:

I know men like to be in control and that's why my hubby will borrow money and not return.
Look at dis one, can't y dash ur husband money? una too greedy.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Bruno3000(m): 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
OmoLayo29:

I know men like to be in control and that's why my hubby will borrow money and not return.
Look at dis one, can't you dash ur husband money? una too dey selfish.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Acidosis:

grin
You don't want him to stay home, cook for you and the kids, and tell you "welcome home honey, your food is ready"?

But you were among those that liked cococandy's cr. azy post? tongue tongue

cococandy's post is far from crazy she is only pointing out the hypocrisy of control freaks.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
imustsaymymindo:

Well, in my own opinion I think it is a fallacy that the richest person in a group or in a relationship automatically becomes the one in control. If so, the richest man in each country would automatically become the President or be the most influential person in the country. And this is untrue.

Following this line of thought, it is probable that those men that lost control or respect because their wives got richer than them is because they didn't have strong leadership qualities but relied on money to buy them such respect.
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Bruno3000:
Look at dis one, can't you dash ur husband money? una too dey selfish.
I should dash my husband money? He earns more than me but he likes to borrow all my money so that I can go broke and beg him for money.men ehn undecided
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Daeylar:

Misogynist

lol, na you sabi oh. I will still get married to a woman one day, Misogynist or not. Women are complicated being unless you want to keep lying to Ya Self. grin

The issue is, men have no choice but to deal all the wahala of women.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother And Daughter In Lesbian Relationship (photo) / Can I Still Marry Her,advise Needed / "My Father Checks My Private Part To See If Someone Sleeps With Me" –Young Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.