Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? (3303 Views)

Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2017
I always want to know the reason behind men not wanting their wives to be richer than them. I've think of it several times and I've not been able to get an answer. Someone should pls help me out.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Ahmed0336(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2017
We men love respect, we like being in control.
A man ll take care of his family for years nobody ll hear peem. But just allow some women take control for 20 minutes i swear d whole world ll hear. Most women too get mouth joor and we men don't like our self esteem to drop undecided

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by whitebeard(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2017
OK I am part of those men who would end up transferring all their assets to their wives..cause that's what I actually plan on doing..so nothing can come between me and my games..!!
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2017
Ahmed0336:
A man ll take care of his family for years nobody ll hear peem. But just allow some women take control for 20 minutes i swear d whole world ll hear. Most women too get mouth joor and we men don't like our self esteem to drop undecided
I know men like to be in control and that's why my hubby will borrow money and not return.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Afriifa(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2017
i want my wife to be stealing my money to buy jewels n tell me how she stole it without me knowing about it.. i wanna be damn rich n let her spend it like she owns it. i can't do like dat if she's richer

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by DanseMacabre(m): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2017
Because most women who earn more than their men always end up emasculating them, directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Insecurity. They don't want to be at the receiving end of how people in charge feel/behave.

A good number of men, get pseudo-respect from their wives and family. It's only normal they wouldn't want to lose they only thing that makes their reign, free of opposition _MONEY.

There are women with this fear too, it's still insecurity.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Afriifa:
i want my wife to be stealing my money to buy jewels n tell me how she stole it without me knowing about it.. i wanna be damn rich n let her spend it like she owns it. i can't do like dat if she's richer
God will grant your wish grin

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
PaperLace:
Insecurity. They don't want to be at the receiving end of how people in charge feel/behave.

A good number of men, get pseudo-respect from their wives and family. It's only normal they wouldn't want to lose they only thing that makes their reign free of opposition _MONEY.

yea, insecurity. that is d word

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
tongue
DanseMacabre:
Because most women who earn more than their men always end up emasculating them, directly or indirectly.
hmmm
talking from experience ba
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by DanseMacabre(m): 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
OmoLayo29:
tongue hmmm talking from experience ba

Yes, but others' not mine.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Afriifa(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
OmoLayo29:
God will grant your wish grin
amen
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
OmoLayo29:
I always want to know the reason behind men not wanting their wives to be richer than them. I've think of it several times and I've not been able to get an answer. Someone should pls help me out.

...because NO woman wish/pray to earn more than her husband.

You will earn more money than your husband. Say Amen...

Lets see the number of women that will quote me and type amen.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
PaperLace:

A good number of men, get pseudo-respect from their wives and family. It's only normal they wouldn't want to lose they only thing that makes their reign free of opposition _MONEY.

You will earn more money than your husband. Say Amen

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by byvan03: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Doesn't matter who is richer, they are playing for the same team.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
PaperLace:

Lets just agree that Women are complicated beings that start messing up when they are giving little power LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Acidosis:

that prayer is deep o.

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by MsFaith: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Me I want to be rich but I want my husband to be richer.
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
OmoLayo29:

that prayer is deep o.

I know dear, the truth is that most women won't say amen to that prayer. You won't blame a man for fostering the prayer and the desire of the woman.

A "manly" man is what you want, a manly man you will get!
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by prestigiouslady: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Two reasons...
Insecurity
Selfishness

1 Like

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
If you make more money than us, what then do we have to offer other than our pen1s...

Right there is the reason why a lot of men (not all) don't want their wives to make more money than them because it takes away their true manliness. The manliness is the reason they are respected and in some occasions, feared by their wives, so why risk something like that?

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by imustsaymymindo: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ahmed0336:

Well, in my own opinion I think it is a fallacy that the richest person in a group or in a relationship automatically becomes the one in control. If so, the richest man in each country would automatically become the President or be the most influential person in the country. And this is untrue.

Following this line of thought, it is probable that those men that lost control or respect because their wives got richer than them is because they didn't have strong leadership qualities but relied on money to buy them such respect.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by SAMBARRY: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
Acidosis:

amen undecided

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Blade21: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Acidosis:

You will earn more money than your husband. Say Amen
Amen and Amen

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Blade21:
Amen and Amen

smh, so this is your plan abi?
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
SAMBARRY:
amen undecided

undecided

Why?
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Sleekydee(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
her wahala go too much...Lol

on a more serious note, if genuine love exist, it wont mata.

using my relationship as an example, wen I end up wit my gf, if eventually she bcoms richer dan I am, I won't lose one minute of sleep. I kno she undastand perfectly d concept of " what's mine is hers n vice versa"
Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by generationz(f): 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Male ego

The male species were created, and have learnt overtime to show off their masculinity through their ability to guard, Protect and provide for their families, herds, or packs

Now in ancient times, most men were able to show off their masculinity by going off to war ( to Protect their families and country) where they would spend a number of years and return as the Knight in shining Armour for their beloved.

It's quite different today, not all men are enlisted into the army as there exist a wide range of professions to choose from many of which require more of mental rather physical strength. These tasks seem quite repetitive making quite a bland and boring lifestyle.

So, how do men get to show off that in built ego that which makes them feel less emasculated and sets them apart-
By being good at what they are doing and making enough money in other to Protect and provide for their loved ones.

It Is just a characteristic which society has cemented in our hearts and minds over time. So just as ladies are expected to be homemakers men are expected to providers buy societal standards.

That's why even if you have a toyboy or a boyfriend whom you provide for as a lady, just know that he will surely find a lady who he can be "a man" over. Even if he lazy, he would steal or use the cash you are providing him with to chase other ladies he can feel like a man with.

That's why as much as the motherly instinct in a lady makes her want to do it all for a guy she's in love with, she has to be careful and watch out for signs that she isn't Making him feel less than a man by her actions.

5 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
Acidosis:

I know dear, the truth is that most women won't say amen to that prayer. You won't blame a man for fostering the prayer and the desire of the woman.

A "manly" man is what you want, a manly man you will get!

You need to chill on how you speak for (most) women. You are not in our heads. Some of you men keep imposing opinions that make you feel better on women. There are many women richer than their husbands, and they do a good job hiding it _if that will make him feel like a manly man.

I won't go about praying to be richer than my husband, it's just like praying I don't die before him. We are not in a competition, but if out of hardwork, I become richer than him _I have no plans of belittling my worth. He has to live with it, same way I am living with his.

cruchenutii:

Lets just agree that Women are complicated beings that start messing up when they are giving little power LOL

Most people in your country's power are men. We can see how uncomplicated and satisfactory they are.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
PaperLace:

You need to chill on how you speak for (most) women. You are not in our heads. Some of you men keep imposing opinions that make you feel better on women. There are many women richer than their husbands, and they do a good job hiding it _if that will make him feel like a manly man.

I won't go about praying to be richer than my husband, it's just like praying I don't die before him. We are not in a competition, but if out of hardwork, I become richer than him _I have no plans of belittling my worth. He has to live with it, same way I am living with his.

Will this stop single ladies from running after loaded guys with cars?

That's not my opinion, but the opinion of your fellows.

I seriously don't care whether my spouse earn higher.. but I have to speak the truth, let's trace the root of a man's insecurity. Almost all the women I have ever met or read about want a better man in all aspect. Some of you cannot hold a 10 minute prayer but you want a god fearing man.. some of you are less than 4 feet, but you want a 10 feet guy.

Don't blame a man for being insecure at some point when all that got you attracted in the first place was those things he had in better quality and quantity!

4 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Acidosis:

Yes, I agree with you that there are many women with more money...problem is many genuinely wish that there husbands make more money. I'm not speaking for women, you lots speak for yourselves but I totally understand that Nairaland opinions hardly correlate with reality.

Your opinion is also NL opinion, might not be reality.
Why won't they pray he makes more money? When every action they take is followed by blackmail. The sound of their heels becomes noisy. She can't flaunt her money in peace. She buys a car and can't say she bought it herself.

I've seen and read several cases. Aren't we in the same country where women buy their engagement ring? Same country where women gift out huge sums of money to broke guys who promise them marriage? You think any woman in her right senses would want to give her husband feeding and transport allowance every Monday morning?

Being richer than ones husband doesn't mean you give him transport allowance. Alakija might be richer than her husband, but I don't think she gives him transport allowance.

Abeg, let's be realistic, WOMEN genuinely want their husbands to take the lead

He doesn't have to be richer than his wife to take the lead, except you're buttressing my point that the male ego, respect and leadership is dependent on his MONEY(that is more of pseudo-respect to me).

It shouldn't come as surprise that the average woman would do her best to help protect all that. For her own peace of mind, not because it's her innate desire _two different things.

I want my husband to take the lead (lead not necessarily being financial), I want him to be rich, like rich. Would I specifically go about praying he gets richer than I am? I must be very silly to pray such. It's just absurd.

5 Likes

Re: Most Men Doesn't Want Their Wives To Be Richer Than Them, WHY? by Acidosis(m): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
Will this stop single ladies from running after loaded guys with cars?

That's not my opinion, but the opinion of your fellows.

I seriously don't care whether my spouse earn higher.. but I have to speak the truth, let's trace the root of a man's insecurity. Almost all the women I have ever met or read about want a better man in all aspect. Some of you cannot hold a 10 minute prayer but you want a god fearing man.. some of you are less than 4 feet, but you want a 10 feet guy.

Don't blame a man for being insecure at some point when all that got you attracted in the first place were those things he had in better quality and quantity!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! Unwanted Pregnancy / Pls Help, My Brother Is Under A Spell / What Should The Husband Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.