Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? (861 Views)

How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Are Nigerian Student Visa Applications To UK Mostly Bogus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by Teminio: 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
Hello Nairalanders!

I plan to go to the UK for summer with my family this year for the first time . Will appreciate sincere answer to some of the questions below;

How do I start processing for visa and when will it be late to do so?
Mine is a family of four, what is our chances of being giving visa?
Though have not being to UK, but had visited Dubai, does that increase our chances?
What documents do I need to present?
Does it worth going for holiday in UK or is US better?

Please will appreciate any other info in this regard.

Thank you.
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
Take your time and read it here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/

If you need more explanation then ask, alot of pple here will answer you but that website will help you.
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by Vicjustice: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
Teminio:

Hello Nairalanders!

I plan to go to the UK for summer with my family this year for the first time . Will appreciate sincere answer to some of the questions below;

How do I start processing for visa and when will it be late to do so?
   Every visa application starts with paper-works, and then, contact with the embassy to make appointment for submission and scanning, and the rest goes according to the embassy's procedures. You may start the visa process any time that you deem ready for it, but you must give enough time (between your application day and the date you intend to travel) to enable the embassy process your application.

Teminio:

Mine is a family of four, what is our chances of being giving visa?
   Number does not matter, but reputation and credibility together with eminence and accountability would be taken into consideration to determine your calibre.

Teminio:

Though have not being to UK, but had visited Dubai, does that increase our chances?
   Did you visit the UAE with your family or alone?
   It would be more appropriate had you visited with your family, but still this might not increase your chance especially if you went there alone; rather, it would raise more questions because, you would have to explain what you went to do in the UAE especially now-a-days that the West declares red-alert at anything coming from the Muslim world

Teminio:

What documents do I need to present?
Thank you.
   Present as many documents as you can lay your hands on, (it's better to have more than enough than to have less) because, the documents will surely be returned to you.
Warning: Do not ever submit any forged paper, if you do, they will definitely detect it and have you banned from UK visa of any category for 10 years

Teminio:

Hello Nairalanders!
Does it worth going for holiday in UK or is US better?
   Are you sure that you're not talking about migrating rather than a holiday trip? If you're talking about holiday trip then, why are you asking this question?
   Anyway, i'm giving my advice on the understanding that you're talking of a holiday trip, so i'll say: This is up to you, you have to make up your mind now on where you wish to spend your holiday to enable you make better preparation for a possible interview with a visa officer.
   You would be asked to tell the areas you're mostly interested in, the things you hope to see in the areas, what you wish to do there and where you'd be staying etc. So, make up your mind for whichever country now

Teminio:

Please will appreciate any other info in this regard.

Thank you.
   Ask more questions and you'd get more info
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by Teminio: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2010
Thank you so much Justwise and Vicjustice for your prompt response.

To clarify issues/questions raised by Vicjustice;

Did you visit the UAE with your family or alone? It would be more appropriate had you visited with your family, but still this might not increase your chance especially if you went there alone; rather, it would raise more questions because, you would have to explain what you went to do in the UAE especially now-a-days that the West have red-alert at anything coming from the Muslim world

I visited UAE with my family for holiday. I belong to the working class group with limited period for leisure.

Vicjustice:

Number does not matter, but reputation and credibility together with eminence and accountability would be taken into consideration to determine your calibre.
What do you mean by the bolded statement?
Present as many documents as you can lay your hands on, (it's better to have more than enough than to have less) because, the documents will surely be returned to you.
What document please?
Warning: Do not ever submit any forged paper, if you do, they will definitely detect it and have you banned from UK visa of any category for 10 years
Not desperate for this trip, will never forge document
Are you sure that you're not talking about migrating rather than a holiday trip? If you're talking about holiday trip then, why are you asking this question?
Anyway, i'm giving my advice on the understanding that you're talking of a holiday trip, so i'll say: This is up to you, you have to make up your mind now on where you wish to spend your holiday to enable you make better preparation for a possible interview with a visa officer.

I am talking about holiday and not migrating.
You would be asked to tell the areas you're mostly interested in, the things you hope to see in the areas, what you wish to do there and where you'd be staying etc. So, make up your mind for whichever country now
What do you mean by the bolded statement?

Thank you
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by Vicjustice: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2010
Teminio:

Thank you so much Justwise and Vicjustice for your prompt response.
To clarify issues/questions raised by Vicjustice;
I visited UAE with my family for holiday. I belong to the working class group with limited period for leisure.
If you visited the UAE with your family for the purpose of pleasure, then, i think you're not the kind that the UK visa officers do not want in their country. But to earn all credibility, you need to be in reputable employment or maintain valid source of fair income: and considering that you're travelling with your family, you need to be able to convince the officer that you have something (in Nigeria) to return to and ultimately, you need to have satisfactory evidence of finance to maintain all four of you: know that your application is likely to be refused if the embassy calculates that the amount of money that would cover the entire cost of the trip exceeds 60% of your total savings.
Plan it well, and drop a line if you need further assistance
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by tragent: 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
cheapest and fastest visa

Discover where and how to get your cheapest visa to
United kingdom,Canada,south-Africa, Malaysia, Turkey, Kuwait, Italy,France and Greece.
Without any Down payment.

For more information e-mail to
dailly_cash@yahoo.com
Re: What Do I Need To Do To Go To Uk On Holiday With My Family? by justwise(m): 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
@tragent

Shameless criminal, stop pasting this all over NL

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Cyprus Only. / Family Pressure / I Need Working Niaralanders To Help Me Get A Job In Dubai,i Am New In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.