Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174512 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2018
charlesazeh:
the window close to the finger print window...I think he's beared....the people when go that window luck shine well

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
gholy292:
I'll like to travel to USA anyone who can sponsor me I promise I'll pay the person back once I get a job
why online Friends and family abandoned u? don't be too desperate. Feel ur pain tho! cry Here is for Non-Immigrant and money no dey Nairaland even with the figures u see on transcripts..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by charaph: 10:56pm On Mar 20, 2018
Please house, I paid online yesterday, how do I extract the Receipt number from the reference number given to me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by milo9(m): 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello house, is the news about the increment of visa fee from 64k to 110k from March 26th true?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
milo9:
Hello house, is the news about the increment of visa fee from 64k to 110k from March 26th true?
I think it's a scam. Sudden revision to visa fees without any adequate information? Someone is trying to be naughty.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by darellone: 1:12am On Mar 21, 2018
Has your US visa expired and you are being lazy to renew it? Do you intend to apply for a US visa soon? You have from now till Friday to pay the old visa fee of 64k. From 26th March, US visa fees will be 110k. Don't say I did not warn you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 1:30am On Mar 21, 2018
milo9:
If it's true, it should be on their website. They can't just start charging new visa fee without prior notice. I wonder who started this rumour.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 1:51am On Mar 21, 2018
It's true, I guess people just don't read and understand.
Below the box where you have the exchange rate, you will see till March 24th 2018. Itunmo ( meaning) there will be a price review. And we know whatever goes up in naija hardly comes down.
ozycy:

If it's true, it should be on their website. They can't just start charging new visa fee without prior notice. I wonder who started this rumour.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrjoshtower: 3:19am On Mar 21, 2018
seyewest:

You need the username and password of your profile.
it's DS-160 form not DV and you should beg your agent to give you all the necessary info without that there's nothing we can do.
Thanks bro
Kindly drop your whatsapp number to me on this mail
I need you to Clerify me more
Nokendigy@yahoo.com
God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Saldway: 4:19am On Mar 21, 2018
@ Twood
She did not claim she is a US resident, she gave them her international passport at each of the hospitals and they saw that she was an international self paying patient and they had a standard fee for everyone paying cash which she did and got her zero balance. Nobody ever told her of a 9k discount. The address on her son's birth certificate is a local address as they said they dont post any document internationally that a local address is where they post to. She never claimed she is a u s resident.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Saldway: 4:21am On Mar 21, 2018
And generally, on their u s birth certificates they put the local address.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 5:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Saldway:
And generally, on their u s birth certificates they put the local address.
We know this. They put US address on birth certificate. They are just playing with us and giving excuses for denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2018
simbolee:
Below the box where you have the exchange rate, you will see till March 24th 2018. Itunmo ( meaning) there will be a price review. And we know whatever goes up in naija hardly comes down.
Madam abeg. Where did you see the 110k on the website? Its not today they started reviewing exchange rates periodically. Visa has been $160 and naira hasn't fallen.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2018
simbolee:

Aunty, the review is done weekly and has been there for ages...! If they review it to #110, how much will the consular exchange rate be? Standing @ #400 to $1 (hope you read that part?) makes it #64k for now... we should hope for downward review and stop broadcasting this unfounded rumour abeg!

You are the one not reading/understanding.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Biko my passport dey expire 24 Sept. Can I renew on same passport? Gurus please it's urgent! cheesy
I dey wait una

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:57am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Biko my passport dey expire 24 Sept. Can I renew on same passport? Gurus please it's urgent! cheesy
I dey wait una

24 Sept., which year?? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by skydude(m): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
I dey wait una

6 months to expiration u can renew your passport but if it is more than 6 months u can't aside it very urgent which u would have to go to Abuja compulsory
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
I dey wait una

Eyaaaa, I know how much we get to drain you on here, not a bad idea for you too to "ask and receive" tongue. I renewed in 2015 on a 7+months validity passport without wahala Sis....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 8:40am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
I dey wait una
What exactly do you mean by renew on the same passport? I suspect you have a new passport on a different name. Hope you did not misrepresent oh. It seems you've already made up your mind about the renewal so why are you asking us questions? Abi are you intending to misrepresent? How dare you come here and ask this question without reading from Part 1 to Part 3??!!!

tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2018
NothingDoMe:
What exactly do you mean by renew on the same passport? I suspect you have a new passport on a different name. Hope you did not misrepresent oh. It seems you've already made up your mind about the renewal so why are you asking us questions? Abi are you intending to misrepresent? How dare you come here and ask this question without reading from Part 1 to Part 3??!!!

tongue
So many people with wickedity in their spirit! Receive anointing for healing! cheesy tongue
Meanwhile that's not The way I use to answer kweshun. Nonsense somebody. Lol
Me no dey joke. I want renew my visa sharp. This story ain't funny

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2018
ayenikunle:

24 Sept., which year?? cheesy
This year o. By my calculations it's 6 months kpam! I wanna be sure before I pay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

So many people with wickedity in their spirit! Receive anointing for healing! cheesy tongue
Meanwhile that's not The way I use to answer kweshun. Nonsense somebody. Lol
Me no dey joke. I want renew my visa sharp. This story ain't funny
You are actually really nice. Blunt and straight forward like a typical akpunwa tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2018
NothingDoMe:
You are actually really nice. Blunt and straight forward like a typical akpunwa tongue
And by this your " akpunwa" I see you are a child of the 80's.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Hello house...
Please i was told that my picture doesn't meet the quality requirements... But i was given the option to continue without a photo but come with a better photograph for my appointment.
Please now I'm about reviewing and signing my foam... Hope i won't have any problem at the embassy....
Gurus please i need replies as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

And by this your " akpunwa" I see you are a child of the 80's.
So somebori cannot receive ancient knowledge again abi? grin.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2018
NothingDoMe:
So somebori cannot receive ancient knowledge again abi? grin.
.no my brother. You are an ochie Dike. The people that wore knicker burker. Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2018
beezyblaze:
Hello house...
Please i was told that my picture doesn't meet the quality requirements... But i was given the option to continue without a photo but come with a better photograph for my appointment.
Please now I'm about reviewing and signing my foam... Hope i won't have any problem at the embassy....
Gurus please i need replies as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Bros, get a better picture to upload to avoid stories that touch the heart on your interview day o..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
.no my brother. You are an ochie Dike. The people that wore knicker burker. Lol
mbannu!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2018
I was turned back. I didnt upload my passport on DS160. I cudnt actually but i was told that i could bring a hardcopy to d venue on the site. So misleading. Now i have to reschedule. So sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2018
ayenikunle:

Appreciation
I want to thank God almighty for this approval, it can only be God when you see yourself being issued a VISA out of multitude of people, you need to Visit the consulate to understand. Special thanks to this wonderful Family: LadyG, seyewest, yankeejjc, kapta inAfrica, Omobendel etc and all those who made their valued transcripts available here, either denial or approved.

Preparation
I read from part 1 to the last page of part 3 yesterday,

I won't bother you with other details of biometrics etc, people have explained severally here... avoid those touts pls, they told me I should staple my passport to my form etc... thank God for nairaland. A man on the queue was almost crying when he was told he won't need the coloured photocopy of his data page he made for 1k.no need for coloured print out too!

INTERVIEW
I was interviewed by one very nice VO putting on bow tie on a window I cant remember...

VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning (I just passed my passport without him asking, shebi I don read transcript here tire)
VO: where (abi na why) are you going to the US
ME: (I had READY made answer from my personal interview that answers for where and why)
I am going to Houston Texas to present my research paper at the International Conference on Intelligent Computing and ........ VO cuts in
VO: International Conf..... like he was checking his system
ME: I pronounce am slowing for am.
VO: where is your abstract
ME: ( I never ever expected this and didn't go with it, but I sharply adjusted cos of training I got from this wonderful forum) told him: I didn't come with it but I can give you a summary of what the paper is about..
VO: OK
ME: na so I start o... the title of my paper is BIG DATA: Theories, framework bla bla bla. Concluded with " I actually designed a framework for the adoption of the unstructed part of big data..." that caught his attention.
VO: Tell me about the framework
ME: truthfully I went blank but later came back to my senses because I didn't expect it... Na so I begin explain, stated the five levels of my framework bla bla bla.
VO: How does it work?
ME: Gave examples and instances ( not even sure I was correct but I was so bold, shebi na me write the paper na) All through, the VO was just typing.
VO: How much is you employer giving you for the trip ( I stated them as sponsor)
ME: told him
VO: How many years have you been with them?
ME: 4yrs, 8 months, will be five years in July.
VO: How long will you be staying?
ME: 1 week.
VO: Are you married?
ME: Yes am married and we have a beautiful daughter together, will be... stated so so age on so so day
VO: what is the name of your wife?
ME: surprised at the question but stated it clearly.
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
ME: answered NO. See my previous post.

Final question that almost finished me...
VO: what is the difference between quick sort, merge sort and heap sort...
ME: ( I was shocked, when was the last time I studied data structures) I started blabbing... but then i gained stamina to explain the little I know in details...

VO: congratulations bla bla bla and gave white paper

ME: shocked and said thank you and started looking for exit like all was a dream.

No doc was checked, infact the 1st point before the biometrics, the woman told me I will be needing only my passport, then returned the ds_160, gt receipt and appointment confirmation to me.

I will update if I remember anything. That Vo na olodo . Congrats

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was turned back. I didnt upload my passport on DS160. I cudnt actually but i was told that i could bring a hardcopy to d venue on the site. So misleading. Now i have to reschedule. So sad
Sorry bro. @beezyblaze read this.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2018
I only meant the increment will come. Wasn't saying its 110k. But to be honest i don't see it going down sir.

ayenikunle:

Aunty, the review is done weekly and has been there for ages...! If they review it to #110, how much will the consular exchange rate be? Standing @ #400 to $1 (hope you read that part?) makes it #64k for now... we should hope for downward review and stop broadcasting this unfounded rumour abeg!

You are the one not reading/understanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.