Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170589 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:57am On Mar 22, 2018
xwhyz:

Avoid that black american woman she no get joy o. You can always reapply but the first time is always the best time.
This kind of advice can lead to folks being denied because
1. You don't choose who nterviews you ergo you cant "avoid " a particular person
2. Lazy applicants who don't read will accept this advice and just end up looking shady and the vo will be biased from the get go.
The same person you said ain't got joy issues visas to other Nigerians abi?
Rather, advice People to self evaluation themselves and be prepared. That's standard for every type of interview.
Hardwork and knowledge equals success

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 22, 2018
Pls how do i get a closer appointment date. The available date is june 7 @seyewest or anyone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by runwittony: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2018
1 year.[/quote]
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 22, 2018
Shoki ah shoki ah shoki. First visa today at Lagos. Only Benin republic I don travel go. The interview no hard self. People wey wan run nah them suppose they fear. No ties too.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2018
I will post transcripts soon.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 8:13am On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:
Shoki ah shoki ah shoki. First visa today at Lagos. Only Benin republic I don travel go. The interview no hard self. People wey wan run nah them suppose they fear. No ties too.
congrats.. Which state u dey go make?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 22, 2018
Someone help me confirm the process oh, happiness just block my ear as the guy talk say them approve my visa.

1. Am to leave my passport with them, to pick it up in 3 business days?

2. They only give a white paper after a successful interview abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 22, 2018
eyinola:
congrats.. Which state u dey go make?

San Francisco. Silicon valley area.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 8:55am On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:
Someone help me confirm the process oh, happiness just block my ear as the guy talk say them approve my visa.

1. Am to leave my passport with them, to pick it up in 3 business days?

2. They only give a white paper after a successful interview abi?
sebi u fill a DHL office close to u in ur form that's whr ur visa in ur passport will be sent to after three business day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2018
Come o! E Don Tay person declare pof pof for this house! All these successful people where our pof pig and fanta??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Come o! E Don Tay person declare pof pof for this house! All these successful people where our pof pig and fanta??

E-puff puff abi. Any way thank you. Everyone that has contributed to this thread and previous ones, thanks. I know say moral support no dey buy turkey sha grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2018
I made some mistake in my submitted DS 160 form.I am filling another now. Please someone should help me with Abuja's consulate telephone number or email address i can contact for them to effect changes.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2018
Nerobliss:
I made some mistake in my submitted DS 160 form.I am filling another now. Please someone should help me with Abuja's consulate telephone number or email address i can contact for them to effect changes.thanks
Get it from the website na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:
congrats to u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by khemme(f): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:
congratulations
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2018
I have submitted the new one and printed confirmation for appointment, just wondering if I would still need contact the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2018
Finally, let me share my story.

First, if you are planning on running away from Nigeria using nonimmigrant visa, this post won't be of help to you. God doesn't help liars.

So, my journey began some days ago. I was selected to attend a prestigious programme. One that students from Harvard, Stanford, MIT and co attend. I filled my DS160 form then went to USTRAVELDOCs to try to book an appointment.

Unfortunately, the first available date was on May 16th. I nearly cried as the programme was before then. I went ahead to book my appointment for May 16th, then with the help of the organization I got my emergency appointment request approved. So I selected today as the new date.

Countdown to my appointment, I was tensed. As you can see from my previous posts, I was scared because people that have good ties to Nigeria were being rejected.

A little info about me:

1. I am in my very early twenties.
2. I am an unschooler (I didn't attend university, but my education didn't stop when I left school. I focus on self-learning). I have written for top international news sites.
3. I have good cash flow. I make above the regular amount that people my age make.
4. I am not married and don't have kids
5. I own no property
6. I have only traveled to Benin Republic
7. Basically, I don't have the "usual ties"

Well, fast forward to today. My interview was smooth, lasted about 3 minutes.

VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning
VO: Passport, please
Me: (Passed passport)
VO: Why are you going to the states
Me: (Before I started talking, I passed him some original documents reiterating what am about to say) I am going for ... conference. It was started by ... (popular) person. I was selected out of over 10,000...
VO: Tell me about the founder
Me: He is ... (I know the founder very well. He is someone I look up to, so I nailed this questions)
VO: Tell me about ... (where I work)
Me: Its a company focused on. I am ... there and I do ...

(A couple of other questions I can't remember)

VO: Are you married
Me: No, I am not
VO: Do you have kids
Me: No nah, I am just 2*
VO: I will be approving your visa .... I hope you win ...
Me: Thank you so much (I no hear again o). I went outside to practice shaku shaku.

I carried my life documents, but most wasn't checked. When I got to the window, I just composed myself. There was nothing to fear and I just looked at the officer in his white eye while talking. I had nothing to hide. I have already booked my flight (with the return leg). If I want to migrate to America, I will follow the right path, not apia way.

NOTE: THE VISA OFFICER DOESN'T HATE ANYBODY. THERE IS NO SPECIAL WINDOW, FOR THOSE ASKING. IF YOU CAN'T CONVINCE YOURSELF WHY YOU WILL COME BACK TO NIGERIA, THEN YOU WILL HAVE A HARD TIME.

People should stop spoiling Nigeria name too. Don't make it hard for genuine people to do what they want to do and come back.

I wish every genuine person luck.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tonyik: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2018
Its not the form itself actually but the DS-160 confirmation number (Application ID). Goto https://cgifederal.secure.force.com, login and Update your profile (https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/updateprofile)

Change the DS-160 Confirmation Number field to the new number and reschedule. If it doesn't tally, one will turned back. See below for info:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No

mitchellia:

Pls how do one delete old ds-160 form? Especially when one does not have access to it again like my family that we stopped using an agent and filling it ourselves. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eluquenson(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:

First, if you are planning on running away from Nigeria using nonimmigrant visa, this post won't be of help to you. God doesn't help liars.

So, my journey began some days ago. I was selected to attend a prestigious programme. One that students from Harvard, Stanford, MIT and co attend. I filled my DS160 form then went to USTRAVELDOCs to try to book an appointment.

Unfortunately, the first available date was on May 16th. I nearly cried as the programme was before then. I went ahead to book my appointment for May 16th, then with the help of the organization I got my emergency appointment request approved. So I selected today as the new date.

Countdown to my appointment, I was tensed. As you can see from my previous posts, I was scared because people that have good ties to Nigeria were being rejected.

A little info about me:

1. I am in my very early twenties.
2. I am an unschooler (I didn't attend university, but my education didn't stop when I left school. I focus on self-learning). I have written for top international news sites.
3. I have good cash flow. I make above the regular amount that people my age make.
4. I am not married and don't have kids
5. I own no property
6. I have only traveled to Benin Republic
7. Basically, I don't have the "usual ties"

Well, fast forward to today. My interview was smooth, lasted about 3 minutes.

VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning
VO: Passport, please
Me: (Passed passport)
VO: Why are you going to the states
Me: (Before I started talking, I passed him some original documents reiterating what am about to say) I am going for ... conference. It was started by ... (popular) person. I was selected out of over 10,000...
VO: Tell me about the founder
Me: He is ... (I know the founder very well. He is someone I look up to, so I nailed this questions)
VO: Tell me about ... (where I work)
Me: Its a company focused on. I am ... there and I do ...

(A couple of other questions I can't remember)

VO: Are you married
Me: No, I am not
VO: Do you have kids
Me: No nah, I am just 2*
VO: I will be approving your visa .... I hope you win ...
Me: Thank you so much (I no hear again o). I went outside to practice shaku shaku.

I carried my life documents, but most wasn't checked. When I got to the window, I just composed myself. There was nothing to fear and I just looked at the officer in his white eye while talking. I had nothing to hide. I have already booked my flight (with the return leg). If I want to migrate to America, I will follow the right path, not apia way.

NOTE: THE VISA OFFICER DOESN'T HATE ANYBODY. THERE IS NO SPECIAL WINDOW, FOR THOSE ASKING. IF YOU CAN'T CONVINCE YOURSELF WHY YOU WILL COME BACK TO NIGERIA, THEN YOU WILL HAVE A HARD TIME.

People should stop spoiling Nigeria name too. Don't make it hard for genuine people to do what they want to do and come back.

Congratulobia, i tap from this oh

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tonyik: 11:53am On Mar 22, 2018
Is the DS-160 Confirmation number same as the one in the Appointment? if not please update else u will be turned back TBL

Nerobliss:
I have submitted the new one and printed confirmation for appointment, just wondering if I would still need contact the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
Pls how do i get an earlier date. What i see is june o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Stingy people oooo cheesy grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
giftdavid112:

Congrats .... This reminded me of my first visit to U.S and when I return to Nigeria and at the Abuja airport, I gave the immigration officer my passport she was stunned that I return after just 10 days from U.S....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
eyinola:
sebi u fill a DHL office close to u in ur form that's whr ur visa in ur passport will be sent to after three business day

Yes, I filled that. Thanks, boss.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by herrik066: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
You should be the one to calm down here. Please read ppls questions over and over again if you need to before offering false and misleading answers. The gentle man wasn't asking about printing out on bank stamp as you claim, he was referring to visa payment receipt number. Please be guided by the laws of attention. Anuofia grin

Mandex11:
Guy calm down. Them say see Abo you say see father.
Will still be done at gtb not talking of all this your 1 to 100 im talking of printing out n bank stamp. Q.E.D
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lolawilliams(f): 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nerobliss:

No you don't. Just make sure your new ds-160, confirmation number is the same with the one on your appointment confirmation page and also if you are updating less than 72hrs to your appointment date you might be turned back so make your its done at least 72hrs before your interview date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chigrad: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi all,
Please I need advise to the following questions
1-For someone whose visitor visa will expire August 9,2018, Can the person apply for a renewal visa in the month of April 2018, for a planned trip in August 20th?or is it too early?
2-Is it obligatory to apply through drop box if you had a visa before or can you still apply to the the face to face interview?
3-Is it better aplying as a family?Husband and wife or each apply seperately?Both have been issued visa before seperately before marriage.
4-Couple have a child who was born in the USA, when filling area people travelling with you on the DS160 form , is if advisable to state the child will be travelling with parents as visa is not required or is it not necessary?
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nerobliss(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Thanks

No you don't. Just make sure your new ds-160, confirmation number is the same with the one on your appointment confirmation page and also if you are updating less than 72hrs to your appointment date you might be turned back so make your its done at least 72hrs before your interview date. [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Rightymind:
I have thought of ways & ways to get myself out of hardship. I'm an OND holder. Though running a part time for my BSC but I need a job good people. I don't want to beg because I know how things are all over but things are easy for me. Please help me. I am not lazy and i'm a smart worker also. I will DM if I see any one who want to. Please. I stay at Agege so can easily access the road.

Help you with what bro?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pmax(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
charaph:

Thanks so much have actually sorted out the issue at the gtb.I was shown where to locate the receipt number.

Pls I would like to know how you did it as I am about making the payment and gtb seems very far from where I am at the moment. I do online banking as well Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rightymind: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
seyewest:

Help you with what bro?

A job. A source of income. I'm a female.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.