Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172243 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Not quoting the 110k, not everyone looks at the date below the exchange rate box to know if there will be a review that's why they keep coming here to ask if its true. But in all honesty do you see the fee coming down?

giftdavid112:

Madam abeg. Where did you see the 110k on the website? Its not today they started reviewing exchange rates periodically. Visa has been $160 and naira hasn't fallen.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2018
Mrjoshtower:

Thanks bro
Kindly drop your whatsapp number to me on this mail
I need you to Clerify me more
Nokendigy@yahoo.com
God bless

Why should I do that....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was turned back. I didnt upload my passport on DS160. I cudnt actually but i was told that i could bring a hardcopy to d venue on the site. So misleading. Now i have to reschedule. So sad
there is a way those guys at the business can upload it for you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2018
Good day sombori
Pls just want to be clear on this
I would be spending My End Of Session Holiday in NYC by God's Grace
And My Uncle would be sponsoring My Trip
Proposed date of Arrival is 20th November, And My birthday is 22nd November
How would The VO see it if I should chip In My Birthday stuff as the reason My Uncle is sponsoring the trip as he was supposed to celebrate it with Me this year but He can't leave US due to tight schedule.
How una see am n.a.?
NB: MY trip is primarily for Holiday And Tourism
Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Biko my passport dey expire 24 Sept. Can I renew on same passport? Gurus please it's urgent! cheesy
I dey wait una

If you want to renew on the same passport that means the passport has less than 3 years validity.... I will suggest you use the same passport and also about arranging N64K we can start a gofundme account.. grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Osapaul24:
Good day sombori
Pls just want to be clear on this
I would be spending My End Of Session Holiday in NYC by God's Grace
And My Uncle would be sponsoring My Trip
Proposed date of Arrival is 20th November, And My birthday is 22nd November
How would The VO see it if I should chip In My Birthday stuff as the reason My Uncle is sponsoring the trip as he was supposed to celebrate it with Me this year but He can't leave US due to tight schedule.
How una see am n.a.?
NB: MY trip is primarily for Holiday And Tourism
Thanks in anticipation
wait bro put my uncle dis dat aside. That's just purpose and sponsor what are ur own ties that VO can see on the form. School? Work? Professional? Family? Any travel history? .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ojiofor1(m): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2018
seyewest:

Contact the U.S embassy they will assist you just be truthful and tell them the kind of deal you're interested in.

Bros!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2018
Pipedreams:
I was turned back. I didnt upload my passport on DS160. I cudnt actually but i was told that i could bring a hardcopy to d venue on the site. So misleading. Now i have to reschedule. So sad

How can you do this? nawa for you ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by grammy010: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2018
Hello fam

Please I was supposed to attend a training that is holding in April 18th, and I have paid for the training and the visa fee. But my challenge now is that, after filling and submitting my DS 160, I realized the earliest appointment date available is April 30th. So I have decided to attend the next training holding in August.

So my question is can I fill a fresh DS 160 form since I have not booked any appointment with the old one or would I need to edit the submitted one and if yes, pls how do I go about editing a submitted DS 160?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2018
U said his travelling wit his ties. Bt if he plan to travel alone u will say it's not OK to travel alone. So Wat do u want him to do
Pipedreams:

The VO know say you wan run. Your even travelling with your 'ties'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2018
I keep hearing about increment of visa which may be true or not but I can tell you something that we (Nigerians) like peddling rumors.
Increasing visa fees means there's increase in the rate of $1 to Naira which we all know is stable for a while now so that means U.S Embassy will not increase visa fees because of exchange rate.
Most people do not know that U.S Embassy review visa fees periodically with expiry date which is a good thing so reduction and increase of the fees do not come as shock to applicant. The expiry date is 26th March, 2016.
U.S Embassy may decrease the visa fee instead of increasing it due to stable exchange rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mandex11: 11:44am On Mar 21, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mandex11: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Yea true
ozycy:

We know this. They put US address on birth certificate. They are just playing with us and giving excuses for denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Pls wats d earliest date for rescheduling
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yes i am back...and like i promised i was gonna share my testimony here...my able gurus, @seyewest@yankeejjc@sugah...and all those that approved my visa even b4 i went for the interview...below is my transcript

Windows 7 VO...
VO: gdmorning ma, passport please?
Myself: gdmorning to u too sir, here it is
VO: where are you going to?
Myself: Orlando flourida
VO: to do what?
Myself : for a vacation with my family(husband and daughter)
VO: how long would u be travelling for?
Myself: a period of 2weeks
VO: does ur husband and daughter have visas
Myself: they are british passport holders sir and hence do not need visa to travel to d us, i also have their passports here with me ( bringing d passports out) would u like to see them?
VO: yes! just ur husbands own
Myself: gave him d passport
VO: how did ur husband get his passport?(crosschecking on his computer)
Myself: i tink he got it by...
VO: does he reside in d Uk?
Myself: no, he is resident here in nigeria, we live together
VO: how come he is in nigeria without a nigerian Visa
Myself: he doesnt need a visa to be in nigeria
VO: yes ofcourse he does need a visa
Myself: (i then brought out his nigerian passport n showed him) he has a nigerian passport
VO: oh! He is a dual citizen
Myself: yes please
VO: what do u do for ...( place of work)
Myself: i am an...and i am incharge of...
VO: alright, have u travelled outside the country b4?
Myself: yes, UAE with hubby and Netherlands with our daughter
VO: how come u went to armsterdam with a schenghei visa
Mysef: the visa covers that territory as well
VO: no it does not...
Myself: sure it does
VO: it only covers france and spain which u also need some form of visa entry too
Mysef : it does sir, we arrived Armsterdam and we also visited Rotterdam with d same visa
VO: give me a moment please...steps out for about 2mins with my passport perhaps to confirm if wat i was saying was true from his colleagues...returns...drops my passport and says where and where did u say u've travelled to again?
Myself; UAE and Netherlands sir
VO: drops my passport and says i'll be approving ur visa...and picks up d white slip, kindly go to dis( circles an address on it) place to pick up ur passport as we'll inform u wen its ready
Myself, recieves my white paper with a smile and said thank u
VO: have a nice day
Mysef: u too sir

And dats how it all went down o...no other document was checked asides d passports...I really dont know how to tnk God o...He was just so gracious to me, cos i dont know where i got d boldness to defend my travel history n my husbands passport...all glory goes to Him...tnx @sugah for d confidence boost, tnx @yankeejjc n seyewest u guys are real gurus...and all d interview poster...i picked some stuffs from ur posts too

Key points:*first i'll advice u pray for God's grace n favour... dat was mostly wat i was doing silently while i stood in d queue *be optimistic, dont be intimidated by d crowd n d blue papers flying around
*about 5ppl in front of me got blue papers (refusal)from ds same guy dat i got
White(approval)paper from, so be confident both in ur response n be genuine * make sure u remember all u filled in ur form n prepare well for any possible questions b4 going cos they can pick a question for u from any where...tnx again guys, am grateful... grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
Oluchijiv:
Yes i am back...and like i promised i was gonna share my testimony here...my able gurus, @seyewest@yankeejjc@sugah...and all those that approved my visa even b4 i went for the interview...below is my transcript

Windows 7 VO...
Myself: gdmorning to u too sir, here it is
VO: where are you going to?
Myself: Orlando flourida
VO: to do what?
Myself : for a vacation with my family(husband and daughter)
VO: does ur husband and daughter have visas
Myself: they are british passport holders sir and hence do not need visa to travel to d us, i also have their passports here with me ( bringing d passports out) would u like to see them?
VO: yes! just ur husbands own
Myself: gave him d passport
VO: how did ur husband get his passport?
Myself: i tink he got it by...
VO: does he reside in d Uk?
Myself: no, he is resident here in nigeria, we live together
VO: how come he is in nigeria without a nigerian Visa
Myself: he doesnt need a visa to be in nigeria
VO: yes ofcourse he does need a visa
Myself: i then brought out his nigerian passport)
VO

congrat! No salary work travel? Just passports?

@Ratty404 window man. No b woman dey Window 7 again ooo. running upandan for VO cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
Oluchijiv:

Windows 7 VO...
Myself: i then brought out his nigerian passport)
VO

Continue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lolawilliams(f): 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
seyewest:
I keep hearing about increment of visa which may be true or not but I can tell you something that we (Nigerians) like peddling rumors.
Increasing visa fees means there's increase in the rate of $1 to Naira which we all know is stable for a while now so that means U.S Embassy will not increase visa fees because of exchange rate.
Most people do not know that U.S Embassy review visa fees periodically with expiry date which is a good thing so reduction and increase of the fees do not come as shock to applicant. The expiry date is 26th March, 2016.
U.S Embassy may decrease the visa fee instead of increasing it due to stable exchange rate.

I also heard this but what if it's about adding a reciprocity fee, since Nigeria government charges more than $160 from american citizen for visa fee, what if it's not about the exchange rate but a reciprocity fee so as to balance it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
YankeeJJC:
wait bro put my uncle dis dat aside. That's just purpose and sponsor what are ur own ties that VO can see on the form. School? Work? Professional? Family? Any travel history? .
I did share it here before, I am in My Penultimate year in The University, I surely gona come back to continue My Studies and Graduate
No work
No Travel History
@Yankeejjc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
lolawilliams:

I also heard this but what if it's about adding a reciprocity fee, since Nigeria government charges more than $160 from american citizen for visa fee, what if it's not about the exchange rate but a reciprocity fee so as to balance it?

Given that a thought already though but doubt loads, especially (given the greed and sometimes dullness of our government/policy handlers to make little in the now and not weigh what the other party may even make in excess), the difference is massive. The closest to this much touted figure is the fee for a K1 visa standing at $265 (106k) or so. This would have gained much traction and publicity by now from even pseudo-official quarters were it true. The $10 increase coming soon on obtaining a US Passport has been everywhere the past couple of weeks....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Osapaul24:

I did share it here before, I am in My Penultimate year in The University, I surely gona come back to continue My Studies and Graduate
No work
No Travel History
@Yankeejjc

Broda, that visa to hard you get, walahi! The bad part is that many in your situation that have passed through this thread throwing tantrums and abuses when told this "truth" as it were, promising to come back with their "testimony", never came back here to rub it in our faces.... Why? They found out they were wrong most likely!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Pipedreams:

Genuinely, me no just get word for you sha.... As you don Tay reach for here? Haba! Well, let's hope it's for your good. For bad thing to happen, rain go kukuma fall!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
YankeeJJC:
congrat! No salary work travel? Just passports?

@Ratty404 window man. No b woman dey Window 7 again ooo. running upandan for VO cheesy
tnx alot... no salary or funds questions were asked@Yankeejjc, he just dwelt on d passports n travel my previous visa mainly...perhaps he wanted to find a fault with them but God pass am grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
Osapaul24:

No work
No Travel History
@Yankeejjc
it's on 50/50 chance I wouldn't deceive u. People do abandon studies even jobs, what u think is your tie, people have abandoned it before. it's not enough bro. The VO decides
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lolawilliams(f): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Given that a thought already though but doubt loads, especially (given the greed and sometimes dullness of our government/policy handlers to make little in the now and not weigh what the other party may even make in excess), the difference is massive. The closest to this much touted figure is the fee for a K1 visa standing at $265 (106k) or so. This would have gained much traction and publicity by now from even pseudo-official quarters were it true. The $10 increase coming soon on obtaining a US Passport has been everywhere the past couple of weeks....

I know they can't increase the consular exchange rate, even the #400- $1 is extortion, all I've been thinking is the reciprocity fee but then again I realized that the visa fee isn't fixed. If the category of applicants who pay $160 gets affected, will the applicants on K1 who pays $265 also get affected, I doubt not.

What you typed here is the gospel truth, we would surely see what happens on the expiry date of the current visa fee payment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
seyewest:

Continue
...modified n completed above...pls check through
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
YankeeJJC:
it's on 50/50 chance I wouldn't deceive u. People do abandon studies even jobs, what u think is your tie, people have abandoned it before. it's not enough bro. The VO decides
Thanks a lot
Am optimistic
I would just face the truth and work out MY best, God knows better, Let His Will Be Done To Me

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Broda, that visa to hard you get, walahi! The bad part is that many in your situation that have passed through this thread throwing tantrums and abuses when told this "truth" as it were, promising to come back with their "testimony", never came back here to rub it in our faces.... Why? They found out they were wrong most likely!
Noted,
Thanks a lot
I won't be like the others, whether approved or nah
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by charaph: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Mandex11:
Pls go to any nearest gtb close to you thats tge only way.
Even if u pay online you will still need thier assitance. Hooe im quoting the right person

Thanks so much have actually sorted out the issue at the gtb.I was shown where to locate the receipt number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluchijiv: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Pipedreams:
...the guy just in front of me during check in was turned back for same reason...anoda one missed his appointment that was for yesterday n came today, both sent back...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Omobendel your brain is working.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Oluchijiv:
...modified n completed above...pls check through
WOW... Just read it... I'm happy for you because I was worried you won't have enough confident to explain your husband passport/visa situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.