Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172445 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lucas12: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2018
Mornin everyone, I want to submit my family application for Dropbox. Do I have to include supporting documents or just the things listed in the interview waiver letter. Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obiviviana: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2018
good mrnin, with my experience yesterday at the embassy,
i edited my form due to a mistake and i was denied an interview, my wife and children were allowed in but also denied. this is due to my status and data with d embassy, as i was once at d embassy with and EX.
my wife and 1st daughter traveled last year, so they have a travel experience.
it's however their 2nd time of bin denied.
now i still have my own visa fee valid and was told to reschedule an appointment.
shld i i just buy another visa fee for wife and children and we go in togeda?
becos she has bin the only 1 going in with the children.
this is becos there is nothing i'll be going to do without my family,it's supposed to be a holiday.
i intend to apply in dec.
please what's this forum's advice.
thanks.

therealprinceuk:
Hello house, my interview is on Thursday and I want to update some information on my already submitted application.

My wife wanted us to stay at Hilton NYC so I used Hilton hotel address while filling the visa application but last week I discovered cheaper hotels in New York which I have already paid. Now I want to remove Hilton Hotel from my already submitted visa application and don't know how to do it. I have logged into my account but these are the only options available:

1. VIEW CONFIRMATION PAGE
2. CREATE A NEW APPLICATION

Someone should please guide me on how to see my already submitted form so I can change hotel address, thanks very much yall
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nugoh: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello guys.
I’ve been following this thread silently for ages. My interview is in two weeks.. I just want an Honest assessment of my chances.
I applied for a b1/b2 Visa. Im visiting my fiancé for a short while. He works at a reputable company and he has come to see me twice. His last visit was in may. That’s when we decided I should come and I applied. My passport recently expired so I have a new one. I never used the old one though. I’ve never been out of Nigeria.
For Ties; I consult with a reputable NGO. And I manage his business here in Nigeria. It’s an export company and we export primarily to the Middle East.
From my consulting I get about 120k monthly. And from the business, 10% of the gains. Which ranges from 100-400k.. depends.
It’s all honest facts in my DS160.
Please guys what do you think? Am I missing something?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ijea: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello guys u are all doing a great job here i must say, shout out to our mama Lady G God bless u Ma.
I got no reply on the first msg i sent, pls i need help.
My bank will be sending me for a training to NY, i was chosen as one of the people going this year, have no travel experience yet cause i have had no reason to travel out before, am single. Have head a lot about bankers ruining away and all and it really scares me, will this affect my chances of getting a visa. Pls guys whats ur take on it?so i will prepare my self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello gurus pls I need your help my white female friend want to invite me am a part time student also working, what can I need old cause she is the one sponsoring my expenses
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ijea:
Hello guys u are all doing a great job here i must say, shout out to our mama Lady G God bless u Ma.
My bank will be sending me for a training to NY, i was chosen as one of the people going this year, have no travel experience yet cause i have had no reason to travel out before, am single. Have head a lot about bankers ruining away and all and it really scares me, will this affect my chances of getting a visa. Pls guys whats ur take on it?so i will prepare my self.
The preparation you need is research and only you can do that.
Keep going through the pages of the thread. Prepare for all the questions you see that will apply to you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
obiviviana:

Just keep in mind that those denied tourist visa, apparently cannot schedule another interview for same till 6 months time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Olugerm:
Hello gurus pls I need your help my white female friend want to invite me am a part time student also working, what can I need old cause she is the one sponsoring my expenses

Sir, You posted same in the UK thread. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Has this friend visited you in Nigeria? That may be your first option. For more answers, read back through the thread.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2018
bigbus:

Just keep in mind that those denied tourist visa, apparently cannot schedule another interview for same till 6 months time.

Wrong. You can schedule as many times as you want. I got denied and scheduled another the next week and got my visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
drered:

Wrong. You can schedule as many times as you want. I got denied and scheduled another the next week and got my visa.

Are you sure about this? Your case seems a little bit different.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sundayschooltea: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
lucas12:
Mornin everyone, I want to submit my family application for Dropbox. Do I have to include supporting documents or just the things listed in the interview waiver letter. Thanks in anticipation

Good house. Still on drop box application.
I applied to renew my B1/B2 28th of June. Status changed from case created to Administrative processing since July 16th. But got a mail from embassy that my document is ready for pickup on 18th. Though I haven't received text from DHL for pick up. But ceac status is showing administrative processing. Abeg is my issued or to show up for follow up appointment? Just wondering aloud while I wait for DHL message. Please help me. I'm worry sick
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kween2014: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello, this just means you would need to schedule a follow up interview. You don't need to wait for DHL's message, you documents will be waiting for you there already.

Sundayschooltea:

I applied to renew my B1/B2 28th of June. Status changed from case created to Administrative processing since July 16th. But got a mail from embassy that my document is ready for pickup on 18th. Though I haven't received text from DHL for pick up. But ceac status is showing administrative processing. Abeg is my issued or to show up for follow up appointment? Just wondering aloud while I wait for DHL message. Please help me. I'm worry sick
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
Sundayschooltea:

If CEAC status is still showing ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and you have received a mail already for pick-up, that then means follow-up interview for you 99% of the time.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sundayschooltea: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

If CEAC status is still showing ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and you have received a mail already for pick-up, that then means follow-up interview for you 99% of the time.....

I just clicked on schedule appointment and picked a date. From the confirmation page. Visa priority is showing 221g. Meaning you guys are 100% correct.

Thanks.

So what should I prepare for about the interview.
N. B. I used my last visa for birthing purpose which was declared and all fees paid.

Thanks as I await your inputs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nonny1234: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
Goodday pls any hope of getting an interview date in August? I want to start an application now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shinner2010(m): 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello rooms.
I want to visa US and my mother will sponsor me.
After my Visa fee payment
Is it possible for me to filled and complete the DS160 form myself
1. Can I book visa appointment myself without the help of agent?
2. What are the steps to have successfully visa appointment booking ? I'm new in this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:11am On Jul 20, 2018
Shinner2010:
Hello rooms.
I want to visa US and my mother will sponsor me.
After my Visa fee payment
Is it possible for me to filled and complete the DS160 form myself
1. Can I book visa appointment myself without the help of agent?
2. What are the steps to have successfully visa appointment booking ? I'm new in this

Yes you can do all these yourself. Go through the thread for tips on how to go ahead with your application. goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:25am On Jul 20, 2018
Sundayschooltea:

I just clicked on schedule appointment and picked a date. From the confirmation page. Visa priority is showing 221g. Meaning you guys are 100% correct.

Thanks.

So what should I prepare for about the interview.
N. B. I used my last visa for birthing purpose which was declared and all fees paid.

Thanks as I await your inputs

You really have to be prepared. One thing people who go to give birth in the US often overlook when renewing their visas is the discount given to them at the hospital. Most times this is being frowned upon at the embassy. Nothing is really free, that discount is coming from somewhere; it's taxpayers money. So always pay your money in full and not recourse to taking a penny from taxpayers money.

I don't know the details of your case, but what i know is that you have a lot of questions to answer. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:34am On Jul 20, 2018
Ijea:

Having no travel history, does not mean you wont be granted a visa. You have a lot of work to proof your real intent. These are questions you should ask yourself. Are you the only one the bank is sending for this training? From my understanding Nigerian banks have branches in every major city in the country, so why you? Why can't you do this training online? Is it only in the US, you can get this training?

You really need to ask yourself these questions and many more.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:42am On Jul 20, 2018
nugoh:
Hello guys.
I’ve been following this thread silently for ages. My interview is in two weeks.. I just want an Honest assessment of my chances.
I applied for a b1/b2 Visa. Im visiting my fiancé for a short while. He works at a reputable company and he has come to see me twice. His last visit was in may. That’s when we decided I should come and I applied. My passport recently expired so I have a new one. I never used the old one though. I’ve never been out of Nigeria.
For Ties; I consult with a reputable NGO. And I manage his business here in Nigeria. It’s an export company and we export primarily to the Middle East.
From my consulting I get about 120k monthly. And from the business, 10% of the gains. Which ranges from 100-400k.. depends.
It’s all honest facts in my DS160.
Please guys what do you think? Am I missing something?

You wanted a honest response; why not apply for an appropriate visa category? Why is he not getting married to you? Your chances are very very slim, that's if you really have one. But all the same i wish you the very best. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:46am On Jul 20, 2018
obiviviana:
i edited my form due to a mistake and i was denied an interview, my wife and children were allowed in but also denied. this is due to my status and data with d embassy, as i was once at d embassy with and EX.
my wife and 1st daughter traveled last year, so they have a travel experience.
it's however their 2nd time of bin denied.
now i still have my own visa fee valid and was told to reschedule an appointment.
becos she has bin the only 1 going in with the children.
this is becos there is nothing i'll be going to do without my family,it's supposed to be a holiday.
i intend to apply in dec.
please what's this forum's advice.
thanks.

I really do not fully understand this question. But i will just add that you should change your DS 160 form at least 4-5 days before your interview date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:49am On Jul 20, 2018
lucas12:

No need for supporting documents. Just what's asked on the interview waiver letter. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:58am On Jul 20, 2018
Senator1212:
Hi Guys please I need your advice on this. I have two years visiting visa to US and already traveled to state twice and I only spend 3 weeks on each of my trips.
My wife and my children was not given visa in April and I have to travel to the state alone for the second time.(even currently in the state now)
I plan to include them to my application when am renewing my visa in October. They only have Ghana and Togo visa on the passport but have applied France visa for them.( hopefully they get it). Please what another way can you advice me with on this issue.

Your story does not add up, you have traveled twice, so is this your second or third trip?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Deesandra: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2018
The consular can assume that the going to UK was to boast the chance for US Visa, not going with your kids and you still spent money going in may when u are planning for a family of 6 in the nearby month. It hard to proof that your intention to the US is not migration given your circumstance. I could smell a rat when reading your encounter, so I assume she did same...(trying too hard to earn the visa)
They know it is not easy for a family to migrate illegally to the UK and cope but everybody wants the American dream of opportunities. And you can easily regularize your stay in the US than in Europe.
My advice to you is to go back if you have the spare visa fees with your entire family go again with same intention if possible this same season that your kids are crying cos they were already fantasizing and told their friends they are spending their holiday in American. Don't talk too much about your asset or prove u have enough cash..if they want proof they will ask for your account statement and make sure your monthly income of 252,000 is what u fill in the application of salary if employed.

Forget about the rest sources except asked if you have other sources of income during the interview.
tswise:
Good evening good people here,

My wife and kids B1/B2 visa was denied yesterday. Dear wife, our last born and I have visited Turkey and UK while all the family have visited republic of Benin before. We are a silent reader of this great forum.

Below is her transcript.

Dw.Good morning with a smile

Vo. good morning to you

Vo.why are you going to the us

Dw..we will like to spend part of our long summer break sightseeing and exploring interesting places like Disneyland, legoland, knottsberry farm and SeaWorld

Vo.av u travel out of Africa b4 within the last two years

DW.yes,av been to UK ,turkey and republic of benin

Vo.How much do you earn

DW.I earn 252,000 from my paid employment job. We also have a thriving family business which gives us at about 300k monthly and a landed property which gives us at about 3m per annum

Vo. (checking all our passport) when did you travel to the UK

DW.we travel on may 3rd

Vo.which year

DW.this year 2018

Vo.who sponsor the trip

DW.my husband and I

Vo.why does your children not travel with u

DW. Because the school were in section....they can only travel when they have summer break

Vo.how many children do u have

DW. , I looked at my back maybe they are not there again I now mention 4

Vo.who took care of your children when you travel

DW.my mum did

Vo.sorry you did not meet the requirements

DW.thank you.

We thank God that we did our application ourselves from invaluable knowledge we got from this forum, we saw some people that use agent that were denied too after paying agent 500k.

Please keep up the good work here and help us to analyze this transcript. We wish to reapply next year probably against Easter.
consular can assume that the going to UK was to boast the chance for us visa, not going with your kids and you still spent money going in may when u are planning for a family of 6 in the nearby month. It hard to proof that your intention to the us is not migration given your circumstance. I could smell a rat when reading your encounter, so I assume she did same...(trying too hard to earn the visa)
They know it is not easy for a family to migrate illegally to the UK and cope but everybody wants the American dream of opportunities. And you can easily regularize your stay in the us than in Europe.
My advice to you is to go back if you have the spare visa fees with your entire family go again with same intention if possible this same season that your kids are crying cos they were already fantasizing and told their friends they are spending their holiday in American. Don't talk too much about your asset or prove u have enough cash..if they want proof they will ask for your account statement and make sure your monthly income of 252,000 is what u fill in the application of salary if employed.

Forget about the rest sources except asked if you have other sources of income during the interview.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pension10: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2018
@ Deesandra..Your comments are highly appreciated. Nice day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for your comments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:54am On Jul 20, 2018
Deesandra:

...make sure your monthly income of 252,000 is what u fill in the application of salary if employed.

@the bolded; forget ke? This isn't the best approach. Put the average figure from all source of income.... Explain if probed, that's the better approach please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nugoh: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2018
travelwahala:

You wanted a honest response; why not apply for an appropriate visa category? Why is he not getting married to you? Your chances are very very slim, that's if you really have one. But all the same i wish you the very best. Good luck.

We got engaged in his last visit in may. We are getting married in December. I just want to visit for a few weeks and then come back. We have a business to run here. Appropriate plans to relocate are being made. I can always change or apply for a more permanent visa subsequently. In the mean time this is just a short visit. You think this reduces my chances? What can I do differently?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2018
nugoh:

We got engaged in his last visit in may. We are getting married in December. I just want to visit for a few weeks and then come back. We have a business to run here. Appropriate plans to relocate are being made. I can always change or apply for a more permanent visa subsequently. In the mean time this is just a short visit. You think this reduces my chances? What can I do differently?
Hmmm
It's either A or B.
There's no A (1) or B(2)
You want to apply for a B visa. He advised you to go another route. Is there an in between visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please how do I go about doing a Dropbox renewal. I have checked online, but I dont have a clear understanding of the process. Please. Please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by casey77(m): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good day every one here, pls I need the us embassy lagos office email n phone number, have searched online, d two I saw online is not going, d one dat manage to go is putting me on voice machine. pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kween2014: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hello, there are a few slots open in early September for Lagos if you are date hunting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.