Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,514 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172582 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 2young2die: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Kween2014:
Hello, there are a few slots open in early September for Lagos if you are date hunting.
ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Abeg, dem go dey get ogunfe and roundabout for amala? grin
seyewest:

You will be charged in Naira.... and for once you can choose to eat Eba or Fufu... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
How long did you stay in the US?
Sundayschooltea:

I just clicked on schedule appointment and picked a date. From the confirmation page. Visa priority is showing 221g. Meaning you guys are 100% correct.

Thanks.

So what should I prepare for about the interview.
N. B. I used my last visa for birthing purpose which was declared and all fees paid.

Thanks as I await your inputs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
sweetrie:
Please how do I go about doing a Dropbox renewal. I have checked online, but I dont have a clear understanding of the process. Please. Please

Pay your visa fee
fill your ds160 form
go to your profile page and update your ds160 number and any necessary update in case of passport renewal.
continue answering the questions asked of you in the profile page till you get to the end.
you will be required to print out a page with QR code for submission with your passport,visa fee receipt at DHL office.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sundayschooltea: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
travelwahala:

You really have to be prepared. One thing people who go to give birth in the US often overlook when renewing their visas is the discount given to them at the hospital. Most times this is being frowned upon at the embassy. Nothing is really free, that discount is coming from somewhere; it's taxpayers money. So always pay your money in full and not recourse to taking a penny from taxpayers money.

I don't know the details of your case, but what i know is that you have a lot of questions to answer. Good luck.
Thanks. I will be ready surely. No wrong doings. All will end well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sundayschooltea: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
ozymes:
How long did you stay in the US?

12 weeks, went give birth and did not over stay, as I was granted 6 months stay. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
seyewest:

Pay your visa fee
fill your ds160 form
go to your profile page and update your ds160 number and any necessary update in case of passport renewal.
continue answering the questions asked of you in the profile page till you get to the end.
you will be required to print out a page with QR code for submission with your passport,visa fee receipt at DHL office.
Thank you so much. Profile page where? Sorry for the silly question. Is it the "cgi secure website" the one I login with email and password? Thanks very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
sweetrie:
Thank you so much. Profile page where? Sorry for the silly question. Is it the "cgi secure website" the one I login with email and password? Thanks very much
Yes, the cgi secure website. You will login with the email and password you used for the last visa application. Best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
sweetrie:

Yes CGI
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lawlek:
Yes, the cgi secure website. You will login with the email and password you used for the last visa application. Best of luck.
Thank you so much.
seyewest:

Yes CGI
Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
While filling out the DS 160, there's a question about us visa being cancelled. I found 2 "cancelled without prejudice" on my mum's expired passport. The stamp is on the front and back page. Though she got to US from UK and travelled back to Nigeria. I am using a new passport for the Dropbox.
So do I answer "YES" and explain or answer "NO". THANK YOU
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nugoh: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm
It's either A or B.
There's no A (1) or B(2)
You want to apply for a B visa. He advised you to go another route. Is there an in between visa?

I’ve already applied for the B1/B2 Visa. My interview is in two weeks. I don’t intend to live in the US permanently. My fiancé and I have a business here that we both can’t abandon. I just want to be able to visit freely now and then. Our business is doing very well. He visits me often. So did I make a mistake with my visa type? You people should help me oo ��‍♀️
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
sweetrie:
While filling out the DS 160, there's a question about us visa being cancelled. I found 2 "cancelled without prejudice" on my mum's expired passport. The stamp is on the front and back page. Though she got to US from UK and travelled back to Nigeria. I am using a new passport for the Dropbox.
CC @seyewest. @lawlek
Sorry for the plenty questions

"No" is the answer. CANCELLED in this context is quite quite different from that CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.... Never haven't really given this question a thought from this your perspective though! Awesome
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

"No" is the answer. CANCELLED in this context is quite quite different from that CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.... Never haven't really given this question a thought from this your perspective though! Awesome
Thank you very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
nugoh:

I’ve already applied for the B1/B2 Visa. My interview is in two weeks. I don’t intend to live in the US permanently. My fiancé and I have a business here that we both can’t abandon. I just want to be able to visit freely now and then. Our business is doing very well. He visits me often. So did I make a mistake with my visa type? You people should help me oo ��‍♀️
The Desicion and self analysis is yours. I just reiterated what the poster reminded you of; what the VO may think or ask..." May" being the operative word
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 7:04am On Jul 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm
It's either A or B.
There's no A (1) or B(2)
You want to apply for a B visa. He advised you to go another route. Is there an in between visa?

They are getting married in December, the guy always comes to visit her in Nigeria. The best option for her was to go through the K-1 route. From what she stated as her ties, it won’t cut things through. She has a lot of convincing to do, in other to get the visa through this B2 route. That’s all I’m saying. I really wish her the best and I hope for the best possible outcome for her. But I needed to keep her at alert. @nugoh Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shinner2010(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2018
I'm planning to pay my Visa fee and fill DS160 form online, my question is
1. I have a virgin passport, hope this virgin passport won't affect my chance of getting Visa ?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2018
Shinner2010:
I'm planning to pay my Visa fee and fill DS160 form online, my question is
1. I have a virgin passport, hope this virgin passport won't affect my chance of getting Visa ?

Not having travel history does not mean a US Visa won’t be granted. As far as you are able to prove your genuine intent. Go through this thread and learn from people. Make sure you read, watch videos and educate yourself properly. The major reason many Nigerians fail to get their visas granted, is that they don’t take the visa process seriously. It’s called an interview for a reason. It’s like going for an examination.

I see a lot of Nigerians doing well who have no intent of leaving the country permanently, get refused their visas. It’s really sad. Please take the interview seriously and prepare like you would a real job interview.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shinner2010(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2018
travelwahala:

Not having travel history does not mean a US Visa won’t be granted. As far as you are able to prove your genuine intent. Go through this thread and learn from people. Make sure you read, watch videos and educate yourself properly. The major reason many Nigerians fail to get their visas granted, is that they don’t take the visa process seriously. It’s called an interview for a reason. It’s like going for an examination.

I see a lot of Nigerians doing well who have no intent of leaving the country permanently, get refused their visas. It’s really sad. Please take the interview seriously and prepare like you would a real job interview.

thank you sir for your advice, I'm really greatful. can you assist me on how to fill the ds160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bukkiminat(f): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2018
drered:

Wrong. You can schedule as many times as you want. I got denied and scheduled another the next week and got my visa.

baba show us the way

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2018
Shinner2010:

thank you sir for your advice, I'm really greatful. can you assist me on how to fill the ds160 form

Trust me, you have all the help you need on the early threads if you can be patient enough to read through it. Moreover the ds 160 form is self explanatory. Once you open it, you have one month to submit it, you need not rush yourself. Be honest as much as possible. If you feel the form yourself, you are mostly likely going to remember all the informations you filled in during the interview. It is never an excuse that someone helped you fill the form if the information are false. I accompanied someone to the PSFU Ikoyi, to write statement and answer charges of Italian Visa fraud/fake documents. His defence was that someone assisted him in filling the form... The question from the Police Officer was, ...did the consulate tell you to consult a travel agent? Except you are an illiterate or a minor, you can do this yourself. There is nothing wrong discussing with a trusted friend at every stage or telling him or her to go through your form before submission. You have 30 days to submit remember?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2018
sweetrie:
The answer is no. Don't lose sleep over it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by FutureDon(m): 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Anyone headed for NYC, Miami or Houston between August ending and early September? I am looking for travel buddies to explore the cities/nightlife with me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Jossycare:
Pls I need some advice too I was given a visa 2016 Dec to attend a family function with my husband. We couldn't make it that year because of work and health issue. Hmmm 2017 I used mine spent 3 months to rest which I really enjoyed, hubby went early 2018 spent just 2 weeks.Now we just applied for the kids(3) to spend their summer to our greatest surprise they were denied .Only hubby followed them in said they asked why I didn't use mine when I was given that 2016 hubby told them it was work.chai !Now mine will expire .Help a sis

I think it's kind of risky putting your phone number online.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by roniex2(f): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Good afternoon guys. I have gone through the first ,second threads including this one and I didn't see any young adult (18,19) years that is a stale student in any university Here in Nigeria and wants to go to the US for a short vacation that applied. The only one I saw was refused a visa because his parents were not in Nigeria.

Has anyone seen or heard of a student in Nigeria with parents also in Nigeria get a b1/b2 to go abroad for vacation? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
roniex2:
Good afternoon guys. I have gone through the first ,second threads including this one and I didn't see any young adult (18,19) years that is a stale student in any university Here in Nigeria and wants to go to the US for a short vacation that applied. The only one I saw was refused a visa because his parents were not in Nigeria.

Has anyone seen or heard of a student in Nigeria with parents also in Nigeria get a b1/b2 to go abroad for vacation? Thanks

I hope you have good travel history because they hardly give student tourist visa especially University student unless the reason for the trip is very important. This is my opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nugoh: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
travelwahala:

They are getting married in December, the guy always comes to visit her in Nigeria. The best option for her was to go through the K-1 route. From what she stated as her ties, it won’t cut things through. She has a lot of convincing to do, in other to get the visa through this B2 route. That’s all I’m saying. I really wish her the best and I hope for the best possible outcome for her. But I needed to keep her at alert. @nugoh Good luck.

Okay. Thanks. I honestly didn’t think about those odds. But it’s helpful to know the VO’s prospective thought flow. I’ll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
KDK:

The answer is no. Don't lose sleep over it. Thanks.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
FutureDon:
Anyone headed for NYC, Miami or Houston between August ending and early September? I am looking for travel buddies to explore the cities/nightlife with me.

I’ve got Miami on my radar for week 3 September
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nonny1234: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
Is it possible to get an interview date in August ( Abuja) pls urgent response needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hello Fam,
My elder brother lost his wife to childbirth,hes bereaved and just want to go for vacation..he genuinely wants to go for vacation for two weeks or less,he has three kids..hope his wife demise isn't an issue in this case..
Thanks for your prompt and favorable reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.