Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172449 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
ruffp:

Which bank? Lol
Lol I had the same thought , till I remembered my friends went for trainings in Miami and Dubai on the bank's tab.
But they were not entry level o. Middle management and head office...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Femipac:
My Visa transcripts goes as thus:
just to give you a lil background, i was suppose to go for a conference last year in september. i applied the first time and got denied. I applied
Me: i was in the UAE earlier this year
And here comes the word i have been expecting since with a smile on her face. I sha see white paper smiley

Make una no vex oo for making everything short and apologies for the typos. I no be good story teller.

Congrats and you're a good storyteller...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joe1983: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hi, gud evening everyone here, it gud to be on display platform
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shaftcraft: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello House, being following this trend from Part 3 and it has been informative. Pls house help . Here’s my story

2yrs ago I applied to attend a conference but I was denied cuz in the blue paper it stated that I wasn’t able to demonstrate to the VO. also I noticed that my interview date was rescheduled two days to the start of the conference. The VO said I’ll be missing the conference even tho she approve me the visa she then advice to try again this happened when I was single and working as a computer programmer for a firm. Although I have my personal biz which I didn’t include in my previous application and I have stop working at the previous job. I have a poultry(my current job) MD (registration already with CAC)but i didn’t register it all this while cuz I have been growing gradually until now. I am married with a child under 4month. I’m planning to go on my next vacation with my family this Christmas ..

My question are .

Do I need to use my previous email or just a different one entirely to avoid my previous profile?

What are my chances with my child still an infant? 4months old

Will this not make the VO think I’m migrating my family and the child too young?

On the other hand ... what if I apply alone without my family ? Will one of my tie be my wife and kid and business?

I run two businesses and I earn within 4-5hundred monthly
Also I’m a first time traveler .. tour to neighboring country by road for business

Pls what are my chances? What’s your good advice ? Thanks to everyone taking part in these post .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KD247: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello guys! I have read couples of pages on this thread but please, I need a quick response because I want to process my family vacation without the help of any Agent.
1. My appointment is for 1:30pm on a day in Sept. However, I have not being seeing afternoon appointments here. Is this advantageous?
2. How do I make flight booking? Could this be done for free?
Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
smallvill:

Same thing with me bro, just try and take your time and go to dubai and then south africa, and next time i dont think they like when you say you have someone their, just say you are going for the holiday and you have booked hotel.
what of Ghana
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
KD247:
Hello guys! I have read couples of pages on this thread but please, I need a quick response because I want to process my family vacation without the help of any Agent.
1. My appointment is for 1:30pm on a day in Sept. However, I have not being seeing afternoon appointments here. Is this advantageous?
2. How do I make flight booking? Could this be done for free?
Thank you all.

1. I have no idea. Maybe the queues are less, maybe more. All the best.
2. Yes. It can be done for free, or for a fee. Most airlines allow you to make reservations for free online (though they cancel it within 48/72 hours). Some airlines allow you to keep the reservation for a little longer for a fee. You can also visit the airline office to make the reservation, in which case the ticketing agent will tell you how long the reservation will hold, before it is cancelled. (Of course, you can't buy a flight ticket for free).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Shaftcraft:
Hello House, being following this trend from Part 3 and it has been informative. Pls house help . Here’s my story

2yrs ago I applied to attend a conference but I was denied cuz in the blue paper it stated that I wasn’t able to demonstrate to the VO. also I noticed that my interview date was rescheduled two days to the start of the conference. The VO said I’ll be missing the conference even tho she approve me the visa she then advice to try again this happened when I was single and working as a computer programmer for a firm. Although I have my personal biz which I didn’t include in my previous application and I have stop working at the previous job. I have a poultry(my current job) MD (registration already with CAC)but i didn’t register it all this while cuz I have been growing gradually until now. I am married with a child under 4month. I’m planning to go on my next vacation with my family this Christmas ..

My question are .

Do I need to use my previous email or just a different one entirely to avoid my previous profile?

What are my chances with my child still an infant? 4months old

Will this not make the VO think I’m migrating my family and the child too young?

On the other hand ... what if I apply alone without my family ? Will one of my tie be my wife and kid and business?

I run two businesses and I earn within 4-5hundred monthly
Also I’m a first time traveler .. tour to neighboring country by road for business

Pls what are my chances? What’s your good advice ? Thanks to everyone taking part in these post .

Vacation right? Your circumstances have changed since your last refusal. But also, from the trends you read here (e.g. the Canada border issue), you can perceive that the conditions to qualify are more stringently applied.

... Take the family with you, and it may seem as if you are all running away; leave them behind and you appear heartless ... I would suggest you consider better the many other ties you may have, and weigh those in the balance. If they look good, all the best. If they look below par ... (it's vacation right) I suggest you find other equally enjoyable vacation destinations with less hassles.

All that said, you can give it a try: if they don't welcome you, then you can channel same funds (less NIV fees) to a vacation elsewhere with your wife and kid.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shaftcraft: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply.. do I apply alone or with family? With all the hassle.. wedding periods/time... plus welcoming the new born/ biz hassle in the last 2yrs . I think We really need a vacation... but with the way it seems do I apply alone/ maybe give this a try with the family, I believe im left to make that decision will another country VO not think The same as the US VO ?but I really need experience/more peeps advice cuz Ive come across success stories similar to my case here on Nairaland.... thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
My experience at US embassy!!!
Nigerian's really acted drama and it was fun..No serious face as everybody just dey laugh as if they don know their fate before interview. Applicant were so few but everybody dey gist as if we came from the same Street.I just know say oyinbo pple dey put hands for head when frustrated.
The fun started when one soldier was trying to harass 1 guy wey dey do photocopy onto #entrance permit#,everybody yab the soldier man.

Now to the interview proper
The 1st baba & Mama
V.O: Good morning
B&M:Nods
V.O: why are you going to US
Baba: Se o gbo Yoruba ni? (don't you understand Yoruba?)
Everybody begin laugh,baba self join us.However, B&M were refused.
2nd
Na 1 man with him 2 children, BTW age 7 & 4.
As the VO announce their refusal,The man called one of eee children *Tom* We are no more going to US for your vacation,I will take you to England to go and greet aunty Bola* Na so,tom started jumping. Yes dad,let's go to England, let's go to aunty bola place.
Laugh started rolling in.....
Vo come ask tom with a smile: Don't you want to go to U?
3rd guy wet spoil market.
V.O:What do you do?
Bro:I am the CEO of my company so so soso
V.O: You are not qualify so so
Bro: Laugh out Loud, Clap eee hands well well.Eee come say Thank you
My God,Everybody laugh kom burst out.The Vo was so sad,Na me go face am after Broz.
Broz,if u dey read me Abeg pm me..
Ba3 Low!!!!

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:
Nigerian's really acted drama and it was fun..No serious face as everybody just dey laugh as if they don know their fate before interview. Applicant were so few but everybody dey gist as if we came from the same Street.I just know say oyinbo pple dey put ha.
Ba3 Low!!!!

grin grin ;DMe see laugh yakata for ground grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nkaluu800(m): 12:26am On Jul 26, 2018
My friend in Texas just told me that America is an overrated country in terms of tourist attractions.

Pretty soon the quest for US visa from Nigeria will drastically reduce... Believe me.
My B2 interview appointment comes up in September and I can tell you for free that I already have plan A, B, C in place should anything contrary to what I expect pop up.
What is going on presently is a script well written out from the White House...when you have a commander in chief who ahbors and discriminate against black Americans, then what do you expect as an African?
Besides, with the way trump is going about his anti immigration policies.... I foresee a one term presidency.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 2:17am On Jul 26, 2018
Nkaluu800:
My friend in Texas just told me that America is an overrated country in terms of tourist attractions.

Pretty soon the quest for US visa from Nigeria will drastically reduce... Believe me.
My B2 interview appointment comes up in September and I can tell you for free that I already have plan A, B, C in place should anything contrary to what I expect pop up.
What is going on presently is a script well written out from the White House...when you have a commander in chief who ahbors and discriminate against black Americans, then what do you expect as an African?
Besides, with the way trump is going about his anti immigration policies.... I foresee a one term presidency.

akuko n'egwu...story story story... reduce nibo? For where? I doubt if it will reduce. Naija too like obodo oyibo tinz especially America. Someone(very learned somebody I) I know still paid 300k for visa cheesy of course she was denied. I still have another family that has been denied thrice in the past wanting to go again in august! Meanwhile they have the almighty German visa(4 years).. majority want the US visa its a nigerian thing I guess.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babyvet: 2:55am On Jul 26, 2018
Nkaluu800:

I agree , this current president does not appear to immigrant friendly at all and is actually trying to cut legal immigration in the country . I will advise people to visit somewhere else . Especially a place where your money will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 5:24am On Jul 26, 2018
Just read this on give birth tread

Got to the embassy today and there was no queue in sight, kept wondering if I was in the right place. Went inside and it was the same thing...didn’t even have to wait to be called. Think it was a day for special interviews (migrant etc.)

This ppl don refuse tire ppl don run God help Naija Ooooo buhari need to resign or stepdown chai

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:
Nigerian's really acted drama and it was fun..No serious face as everybody just dey laugh as if they don know their fate before interview. Applicant were so few but everybody dey gist as if we came from the same Street.I just know say oyinbo pple dey put hands for head when frustrated.

My God,Everybody laugh kom burst out.The Vo was so sad,Na me go face am after Broz.
Ba3 Low!!!!

LOLZZZZ in capital grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2018
jj17cv:

Got to the embassy today and there was no queue in sight, kept wondering if I was in the right place. Went inside and it was the same thing...didn’t even have to wait to be called. Think it was a day for special interviews (migrant etc.)

This ppl don refuse tire ppl don run God help Naija Ooooo buhari need to resign or stepdown chai

Did you just say Buhari need to resign or stepdown because the US embassy decided to deny some Nigerians VIsas due to what some Nigerians do when they get to the US? I think most Nigerians that havr never travelled abroad for once are just impossible. You think the Federal Govt. should do everything for you because you are a Nigerian? Believe me, as human you don't even have the RIGHT to ask that from God.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2018
Nkaluu800:

President Trump did not send us to cross over to Canada or to misuse our visit visa, guess what South African still enjoys 1-10yrs visa duration/validity with U.S.
I don't hear about Rwandans complaining about U.S Visa it is always the West Africans and we all know why.
One more thing U.S may not be the best in terms of tourism but everyone will like to visit U.S at least once in their lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2018
jj17cv:

Wetin concern President Buhari in this matter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KD247: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2018
bigbus:

1. I have no idea. Maybe the queues are less, maybe more. All the best.
2. Yes. It can be done for free, or for a fee. Most airlines allow you to make reservations for free online (though they cancel it within 48/72 hours). Some airlines allow you to keep the reservation for a little longer for a fee. You can also visit the airline office to make the reservation, in which case the ticketing agent will tell you how long the reservation will hold, before it is cancelled. (Of course, you can't buy a flight ticket for free).

Bros, thank you for your response.
Someone should please help me out with my question o. Na beg I dey beg o...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:
Na me go face am after Broz.
Ba3 Low!!!!

You better finish what you started kiakia grin

Complete this transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:
Dat broda go do try your luck cheesy, not his first I think
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2018
Lets hold this one while waiting for today's transcript.....

RefKing:
# I so much love this thread#. I went for my interview on 28 March @Lagos and was denied,please help me evaluate it and tell me what's wrong# This is my transcript:

V.O: Good Morning Sir
Me: Good morning, how is work today?
V.O: Pass me your passport
Me: Have it ma
V.O: Where are you going to in USA?
Me: Atlanta,Georgia (VO Nodding head and typing)
V.O: Why are you going there?
Me: To visit my aunty,more so do some sight seeing to zoo Atlanta, High museum of art Atlanta(Vo was nooding head like its okay I don hear) ,Fernbank science centre.
V.O:What does your Aunt do?
Me:Laboratory Scientific at ..........
V.O: Where do you work sir?
Me: ..... State Government ........ as a clerical officer(Note in my state(board) they refer Education officer as clerical officer) While saying this I stammered a bit however with confident and she stop typing and look straight into my eye.
V.O: (Still look at my eyeball )How long have you been there sir?
Me: 7years
V.OsadNow typing and looking at my eyeball) Are you married?
Me: Yes with a kid
V.O: How old
Me: .years
V.O: Why are you travelling alone?
Me: My wife is a nurse at .... she is busy,So she can't make the trip
V.OsadNods and typing) Thanks for telling me that.
V.o: Have you travel before?
Me: Yes,to Ghana for my friend graduation

Next thing na blue paper ..V.O: Sorry reapply,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NwaMary1: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
Thanks every one for your inputs.
It's obvious these US vos are playing a script from the White House.
My brother applied as a student visa, he came back and told me how they were just denying people left right and centre.
He was denied.
Even elderly people too
Even families.
That the embassy was very dull, people no dey come again, yet they are still denying people
I feel so bad for our country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:
The fun started when one soldier was trying to harass 1 guy wey dey do photocopy onto #entrance permit#,everybody yab the soldier man.

Now to the interview proper
The 1st baba & Mama
V.O: Good morning
B&M:Nods
V.O: why are you going to US
Baba: Se o gbo Yoruba ni? (don't you understand Yoruba?)
Everybody begin laugh,baba self join us.However, B&M were refused.
2nd
Na 1 man with him 2 children, BTW age 7 & 4.
As the VO announce their refusal,The man called one of eee children *Tom* We are no more going to US for your vacation,I will take you to England to go and greet aunty Bola* Na so,tom started jumping. Yes dad,let's go to England, let's go to aunty bola place.
Laugh started rolling in.....
Vo come ask tom with a smile: Don't you want to go to U?
3rd guy wet spoil market.
V.O:What do you do?
Bro:I am the CEO of my company so so soso
V.O: You are not qualify so so
Bro: Laugh out Loud, Clap eee hands well well.Eee come say Thank you
Ba3 Low!!!!
u don put us for suspence abi abeg charge d battery ooo I am not understand.hahahaha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
Please am sorry for coming late to conclude my transcript

i was at the embassy on 28th of march this year and my reason for refusal was defined "The VO said she was not convinced with my work''

Fast forward...... July 2018
Me:Good morning (With smiles, I was trying to control the laughter wey Broz create)
VO: No answer
Me: Good morning ma
VO:Your passport
Me: Have it ma
VO: why are you going to US?
Me: To visit my aunty more so do some sight seeing.
VO: What do you do?
Me: With due respect ma,I will take my time to explain this(One Oga for nairaland don already tell make I take time explains my job,so I use that intro make she no cut in along my explanation)
VO:Okay!
Me: I made human errors with regards to this in my last DS 160 and the consular officer said she wasn't convinced with my work. However, I have made necessary corrections
VO:Nods..So, you work with ......... state government?
Me: Yes,I continue with my job duties...
VO:Pls hold,she was typing my answers.
VO: is there more you want to tell me about your job?
Me: I no hear her well so I asked, are you asking about my job challenges ?
VO:No,I mean about your roles
Me: I quickly add two to am
VO: Do you mind if I know your grade level?
Me: ...........
VO: Where does your aunty stay in US?
Me: 2243 E****** circle,..
VO:I mean State/City
Me: Okay, Georgia/Atlanta.
VO:You are going alone right?
Me:Yes
VO:Which country have you visit recently
Me: Ghana,Russia
VO: Okay, I have updated your work info. However, you don't need to tell me what happen on your DS 160 form. she talk blah blah blah blah blah.....Like advice shaaaa!!!!
Try again later!!!!! She handed me blue paper.

Thanks NL's,
You guy's are doing a great job. At least, I don't have to pay agent 50k consultation fee on top wetin I fit fill on my phone.

PEOPLE STILL DEY GET VISA OOOO BUT I DON'T KNOW MAYBE NA VISIT.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by butch411: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello guys! Nice to be here. I have just applied for a B1\ B2 Visa I have an exam starting 8th October .Should last for 5 days. But the closest appointment I could get was for October 2nd which I have already scheduled. any idea how i can bring my appointment to at least a month before? Like September? How do I reschedule to a closer date to enable me prepare and get a good flight rating? Your responses will be appreciated. Can someone please respond to me? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:

Me: Ghana,Russia
VO: Okay, I have updated your work info. However, you don't need to tell me what happen on your DS 160 form. she talk blah blah blah blah blah.....Like advice shaaaa!!!!

Well done RefKing. Good outlook. Maybe next time, but I will suggest you give that "next time" some time/gap; and maybe travel to other places for vacation in the meantime. I guess you're are already thinking along these lines. All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
RefKing:

i was at the embassy on 28th of march this year and my reason for refusal was defined "The VO said she was not convinced with my work''

Fast forward...... July 2018
Me:Good morning (With smiles, I was trying to control the laughter wey Broz create)

Thanks NL's,
You guy's are doing a great job. At least, I don't have to pay agent 50k consultation fee on top wetin I fit fill on my phone.

PEOPLE STILL DEY GET VISA OOOO BUT I DON'T KNOW MAYBE NA VISIT.

Nawa ooooo so dem deny you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
bigbus:

Well done RefKing. Good outlook. Maybe next time, but I will suggest you give that "next time" some time/gap; and maybe travel to other places for vacation in the meantime. I guess you're are already thinking along these lines. All the best.

Thanks boss
You quote a line from her advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
seyewest:

Nawa ooooo so dem deny you
Yes Baba Thanks you for your time/counsel Broz. Una do well!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwarichie(m): 2:40am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello house pls anyone is Houston Texas returning to Nigeria soon.?? Want to send a document back... please. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.