Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,183 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172478 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
Thank you. Looking at my options. If I decide to fill a new form for Abuja appointment. How do I use the fee paid to book for interview?
1) I use a new email and cancel the previous email account
Or
2) I use the email I already registered, cancel the Lagos interview and start all over again(Change the DS 160 number?
Thank you very much o

Your fees is connected to your profile so far you've not used up your number of times you can rescheduled. So go ahead with the same email address.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

Your fees is connected to your profile so far you've not used up your number of times you can rescheduled. So go ahead with the same email address.
Ok. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

Oga Seye oh, reschedule twice on one receipt? That then will be her third scheduling on same receipt.... Is this a new development or I entirely lacked knowledge on this all this while? Good afternoon to you boss!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SirWellington(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
travelwahala:

So sorry for your refusal. It really hurts when you personally know that you qualify for an NIV and get refused.

Let me throw some light on your situation, so you won't blame the VO that interviewed you or the US Embassy.

Nigeria is a country of over 180 million and the truth is you cannot 100% trust documents that originate from Nigeria. The VO has a very short time to decide if you are credible or not. Many Nigerians go as far as placing fake Visas and entry/exit stamps on their passport. So the VO has to depend on your answers to determine your CREDIBILITY not what you write on the form or your documents.

So for your case it's not that you don't have ties to Nigeria, but you weren't able to demonstrate that you are credible.

From the way you answered the VOs questions, if i was the VO, i will also refuse you the visa.

So in conclusion, you didn't demonstrate that you qualified for the US Visa. So please don't blame the VOs, they are not witches or wizards to know you.

Once more, sorry for your refusal.

@kaizenBash

Good day, please send me that number you you pasted on the dubai thread for the accommodation in ajman question, i think the post was deleted. Kindly send it here again, Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gazeee: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
ayenikunle:
Just left the consulate, virgin passport (january) no travel history... VISA approved! Details later

Congratulations, second johnpoko
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
ladylco:

I may be for several reasons: Finger print, over stay, medicals, new passport, change of details etc to mention but few but no cause for alarm as along as he used his previous visa accordingly.

Thank you. He didn't violate any of the visa rules.

Just got the email for his passport pick up. Thank you much.everyone for your responses.

Haze to wait till October for my son's ���

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Oga Seye oh, reschedule twice on one receipt? That then will be her third scheduling on same receipt.... Is this a new development or I entirely lacked knowledge on this all this while? Good afternoon to you boss!

She said once...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
mumzt:

Thank you. He didn't violate any of the visa rules.

Just got the email for his passport pick up. Thank you much.everyone for your responses.

Haze to wait till October for my son's ���

Another Good News
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

seyewest:

She said once...
I picked Nov 14 initially and printed a confirmation page. On reloading I saw Nov 6, so I rescheduled/cancelled. So on the "Appointment history", it shows 2 entries. One booked, one cancelled.

So can I still reschedule for the last time? Please? I am confused. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
I picked Nov 14 initially and printed a confirmation page. On reloading I saw Nov 6, so I rescheduled/cancelled. So on the "Appointment history", it shows 2 entries. One booked, one cancelled.

So can I still reschedule for the last time? Please? I am confused. Thank you

On "reloading" you saw Nov 6th ke? How? On your same profile (but once you have an appointment booked on your profile, available dates normally disappears from your profile na)? Printed a confirmation page of what if I may ask please - appointment or DS160? Well, maybe you are not passing the message properly.

What I know though is that if you already RESCHEDULED your APPOINTMENT once, then the usage of your MRV fee is at its end already unless I actually lack knowledge of this situation and its remedy....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

On "reloading" you saw Nov 6th ke? How? On your same profile (but once you have an appointment booked on your profile, available dates normally disappears from your profile na)? Printed a confirmation page of what if I may ask please - appointment or DS160? Well, maybe you are not passing the message properly.

What I know though is that if you already RESCHEDULED your APPOINTMENT once, then the usage of your MRV fee is at its end already unless I actually lack knowledge of this situation and its remedy....
Ok. I meant to say I refreshed or rescheduled, can't exactly remember. But this is what I mean.
So can I still reschedule? Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iphi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
Going for my visa interview tomorrow 8am... Virgin passport... I know you guys will say my chances are slim... But I want to break record... Everyone talks about having travel history... I have never traveled before.. Has anyone ever had a visa with virgin passport or heard of anyone?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
Ok. I meant to say I refreshed or rescheduled, can't exactly remember. But this is what I mean.
So can I still reschedule? Thank you

Currently, if you refresh/reload like you did before, do you see available dates to choose from? Meanwhile, you haven't really answered the questions I asked, only trying to have you make the situation clearer.

For now, to the best of my knowledge, you have already rescheduled once (just only trying to be double sure) and can't do that again on that your old MRV fees receipt, you will have to get another one if you want to "reschedule" again....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2018
iphi:
Going for my visa interview tomorrow 8am... Virgin passport... I know you guys will say my chances are slim... But I want to break record... Everyone talks about having travel history... I have never traveled before.. Has anyone ever had a visa with virgin passport or heard of anyone?

Yes, people here and off here have had.... Travel history is only one part of the factors that can make or mar your chances of getting the visa. Simps....

All the best!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Currently, if you refresh/reload like you did before, do you see available dates to choose from? Meanwhile, you haven't really answered the questions I asked, only trying to have you make the situation clearer.

For now, to the best of my knowledge, you have already rescheduled once (just only trying to be double sure) and can't do that again on that your old MRV fees receipt again, you will have to get another one if you want to"reschedule again....
Ok, No I don't see any dates.
I only have "Cancel appointment" on the left side. I don't want to do a trial (cancel and not be to reschedule, that's why I'm trying to be very sure before doing anything else).
I printed the appointment confirmation date/letter.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
sweetrie:
Ok, No I don't see any dates.
I only have "Cancel appointment" on the left side. I don't want to do a trial (cancel and not be to reschedule, that's why I'm trying to be very sure before doing anything else).
I printed the appointment confirmation date/letter.
Thank you.

You are only a few clicks away from wasting $160 (N57,600) just like that sha, making fire with it so to speak, for me oh.... You however will have to wait for Seye and others to advise more if need be.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You can canceled once but schedule twice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You are only a few clicks away from wasting $160 (N57,600) just like that sha, for me oh.... You however will have to wait for Seye and others to advise more if need be.
Hmm. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2018
SirWellington:

@kaizenBash

Good day, please send me that number you you pasted on the dubai thread for the accommodation in ajman question, i think the post was deleted. Kindly send it here again, Thanks

I'm sure @SirWellington this is not meant for me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

You can canceled once but schedule twice.

Oh, never knew that.... But wait, she first scheduled a date, cancelled and scheduled another date, and now want to reschedule and such is acceptable? Never knew this, nice one. Thumbs up bro!

Cc: Sweetrie
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Oh, never knew that.... But wait, she first scheduled a date, cancelled and scheduled another date, and now want to reschedule and such is acceptable? Never knew this, nice one. Thumbs up bro!

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

She can't reschedule again... when you canceled once you can only reschedule one more time.... I thought she's thinking of canceling her first ever appointment to reschedule another.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
seyewest:

She can't reschedule again... when you canceled once you can only reschedule one more time.... I thought she's thinking of canceling her first ever appointment to reschedule another.
Ok then. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abbey503(m): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
Somebody should reason with me on dis matter.
abbey503:
Good day everyone in the house, I need everyone's advice on dis matter, I was refused a conference visa interview 2016 February, and I want to give it a trial again this time around with visiting visa, buy my plight is that when I was filling the form 2016 I filled it that I didn't know anybody in d US, but now a brother that gotten to d US 2016 through permanent residence sent me an invitation. My point is that in 2016 I filled no that I didn't have anybody in US, but now I have someone within 2 and half year. Hope this won't affect me or I should go ahead with my conference format I used in 2016? Point of enlightenment from everyone.... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kuffour1267: 2:05am On Jul 24, 2018
My friend and his wife got their visa with virgin Passport at the same time ..

iphi:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nkaluu800(m): 5:50am On Jul 24, 2018
US visa refusal is not a death sentence.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2018
abbey503:
Good day everyone in the house, I need everyone's advice on dis matter, I was refused a conference visa interview 2016 February, and I want to give it a trial again this time around with visiting visa, buy my plight is that when I was filling the form 2016 I filled it that I didn't know anybody in d US, but now a brother that gotten to d US 2016 through permanent residence sent me an invitation. My point is that in 2016 I filled no that I didn't have anybody in US, but now I have someone within 2 and half year. Hope this won't affect me or I should go ahead with my conference format I used in 2016? Point of enlightenment from everyone.... Thanks

FORMAT ke? Issorite!

Was it after you filled that you didn't know/have anyone in the US that this brother of yours landed or before? If after, then no ish at all. However, from experience here having an immediate family member in the US isn't really an advantage when applying for a nonimmigrant visa compared to having other relatives and friends there....

I often wonder why people keep saying they know no one in the US, it looks almost impossible to me sometimes though. I have friends and relatives scattered all over the US, and I barely know where any one of them is, and I'm sure if I was using an hotel reservation and was being interviewed today that would be my response too. If a friend is inviting me, the better, as long as he entered the US legally and is "clean" too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2018
iphi:

I wish u d very best.
We are waiting for your transcript o

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ijea: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:06pm On Jul 19
Ijea:
Hello guys u are all doing a great job here i must say, shout out to our mama Lady G God bless u Ma.
I got no reply on the first msg i sent, pls i need help.
My bank will be sending me for a training to NY, i was chosen as one of the people going this year, have no travel experience yet cause i have had no reason to travel out before, am single. Have head a lot about bankers ruining away and all and it really scares me, will this affect my chances of getting a visa. Pls guys whats ur take on it?so i will prepare my self.
The preparation you need is research and only you can do that.
Keep going through the pages of the thread. Prepare for all the questions you see that will apply tI

Thank you so much Ma, will share my successful script like others in by God's grace
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelwahala: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ijea:
Ijea:
Hello guys u are all doing a great job here i must say, shout out to our mama Lady G God bless u Ma.
My bank will be sending me for a training to NY, i was chosen as one of the people going this year, have no travel experience yet cause i have had no reason to travel out before, am single. Have head a lot about bankers ruining away and all and it really scares me, will this affect my chances of getting a visa. Pls guys whats ur take on it?so i will prepare my self.
Keep going through the pages of the thread. Prepare for all the questions you see that will apply tI

Thank you so much Ma, will share my successful script like others in by God's grace

Check through i'm sure other might have responded to you. I know i did. See it below:

Ijea:

Having no travel history, does not mean you wont be granted a visa. You have a lot of work to proof your real intent. These are questions you should ask yourself. Are you the only one the bank is sending for this training? From my understanding Nigerian banks have branches in every major city in the country, so why you? Why can't you do this training online? Is it only in the US, you can get this training?

You really need to ask yourself these questions and many more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ruffp: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ijea:
Ijea:

Which bank? Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Femipac: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
My Visa transcripts goes as thus:
just to give you a lil background, i was suppose to go for a conference last year in september. i applied the first time and got denied. I applied again immediately and still was denied. I was yet to know about this site then so my preparation was a bit lacking. So i didn't apply again because the available date does not fall within the conference period. It would have been stupid of me to go for a interview in October for a conference slated for Sept. grin. As at then i have only gone to India so i know for a fact that my situation/condition needs to have changed a bit before reapplying again next year. So i solved that by going to the UAE for a week training and in addition my salary and role at work has really improved.

So here is the transcripts (Will keep it simple because i am at work but also would like others to learn if possible)

Me: Before VO could say peem, I quickly cut in. I told her that it appears i didn't fill in the part that talks about who is Sponsoring the trip and made it clear to her that my Employer is my sponsor (with a shaky voice because she don deny all the ppl that she interviewed before me so fear they cash me).
VO: Smiled and said no problem. then the next thing she asked if i was going for the same conference.
Me: Yes
VO: when was the last time you were here
Me: Last year ( Like she couldn't see that on my record)
VO:do you still work for the same company
Me: Yes. I am still with the same company
VO: what is the conference all about
Me: I downloaded everything for her with the benefits of attending the conference.
VO: How will it the conference benefit your employer and what will you do with the knowledge gained?
Me: Told her everything on the business will benefit and also added that i have junior colleagues that its my duty to mentor. so knowledge gained will equiped me with the necessary skills to mentor and guide them properly
VO: How many ppl are in your team
Me: 5
VO: have you travelled recently within the last year?
Me: i was in the UAE earlier this year
And here comes the word i have been expecting since with a smile on her face. I sha see white paper smiley

Make una no vex oo for making everything short and apologies for the typos. I no be good story teller.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.