Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172187 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
Thanks for all your negative comments.
You want us to baby feed you abi instead of you to read through the thread... This thread is free and no one is paid here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
Oyinkankt:
hello all. ladyG i hail o!

i finally got around to opening an account after being a guest for several months and reading this post!

pls i need advice!!! so ive been to the u.s in september for my cousins wedding in baltimore; also stayed with her all through my 15days.

i will be going again in january but wont be staying with my cousin cos ...well shes married now. i cannot comman be the third wheel. so i would be heading to new york for vacation. i already booked a hotel.

hope im good to go as regards poe?? pls help! seyewest, twoods.

thanks guys!
Enjoy your vacation but remember to confirm your hotel booking before leaving Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rachie83:
But she just said the fact about some people here.
na joke.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
thank you sir..
But I have the money for the trip.
Could we have a private conversation maybe help each other..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by darkdude(m): 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
DIIGZ:
Good morning all the guru in the house for the job you are doing here, I am the guy that ask some month back that I am an hearing impaired person, my appointment was canceled because I apply early at Abuja embassy and the appointment code was not change which made me loose the first application, I have to pay another 64k,please my question is, is it the V O I will tell I want him/her to write because I can't hear very well, I only watch lips to catch my mother tongues (Yoruba) or I would have met with anyone before meeting the V O, my question in summary who will I inform about my hearing loss for effective communication, am nervous because of my poor communication, please don't mind my long and poor write up, I need my hearing back to get a life of my own, I want to do cochlear implant in Hollywood, hearing aids has turn me deaf... Thanks in advance

I strongly advise you start learning sign language.. cochlear implant will turn you into a walking robot that uses batteries....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 12:20am On Nov 21, 2017
Hello guys please help.

In my application I mentioned I was going to Atlanta. (Still going to Atlanta) but I got a much cheaper ticket through JFK.

Question:

If I land in JFK hope there wont be problem. I will purchase a local flight ticket going to Atlanta from new York.

Please guys help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 12:25am On Nov 21, 2017
coldsummer:
Hello guys please help.
In my application I mentioned I was going to Atlanta. (Still going to Atlanta) but I got a much cheaper ticket through JFK.

Question:
If I land in JFK hope there wont be problem. I will purchase a local flight ticket going to Atlanta from new York.
Please guys help

No problem. But it is good that you have your New York-Atlanta ticket before you meet the CBP in New York. Alternatively, have it very clear how your intend to get to Atlanta.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 12:26am On Nov 21, 2017
bigbus:

No problem. But it is good that you have your New York-Atlanta ticket before you meet the CBP in New York. Alternatively, have it very clear how your intend to get to Atlanta.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:51am On Nov 21, 2017
josiahese:
No, I would be visiting Statue of Liberty, at Liberty Island, then Times Square, central park, and the Niagara Falls.
before moving to Utah as a would be going to the National Park and some beautiful places.

Niagara falls is at least 7 hours from NYC by road, over 11 hours by train. Make sure you are aware of all these.

Also, it's sort of odd that you are going to Utah to see the National Parks in the off season when these areas are now cold and deserted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:19am On Nov 21, 2017
TWoods:

That's all you're going to do? Ok, not sure how that's going to work but give it a try at least.
Nwanne I used to take a train just to sit in Central Park and catch the sun and watch the dog walkers and people pass by.....
Hmmmm.... Now that sounds stalkerish. Lol
When u just want to rest, just sitting out in the park is fun.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oyinkankt: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=bigbus post=62560031]

Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure that your hotel booking is valid, perhaps try calling them to ensure they don't cancel. And hold your return ticket. Vacationing is good.
Enjoy!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2017
ladylco:

Abi o and the next thing you will see all of them coming out to say her story did not add up, always trying to be associated to people's visa success. I remember one applicant who stated how he drove himself to the embassy but he had to park his car somewhere in surulere due to traffic and had to give his last cash to the security guarding the place he parked his car with d hope that if he gets the visa, he would not mind trekking all the way back from the embassy, but the guy didn't get the visa eventually. You need to see the way the so called gurus crucified this guy say all him story no add up, simply because he didn't get the visa. Am sure if he got the visa Tori for change. Over sabi too much here abeg

I understand your point, yes the lady was really fortunate because at that point where she could not produced her old passport, her credibility really becomes questionable and if I were the VO, I will either outrightly deny her or reschedule the interview, but going beyond that you cannot deny that she really prepared for the interview and nailed it.

Concerning the gurus, I believe the duty here is to identified the factors that made those who obtained visa to get it and indentified why those who were denied missed it. You don't expect them to be identifying what those approved did wrong when they are already successful. Something worked for those approved and that is what they have to point out so others can learn and those denied something went wrong and they also tried to point it out. There is no bias or over sabi in any of this.

Regard

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by michaeladesiyan: 8:02am On Nov 21, 2017
Morning guys.
I'm applying myself.
My monthly take home is 200k
Applying with 3 kids
Going to Houston.

Question
My friend in Houston said her husband is not yet agreed to her sending me invitation

2. My wife gets 50k monthly from her teaching job

Pls help me unravel this o.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2017
michaeladesiyan:
Morning guys.
I'm applying myself.
Applying with 3 kids
Going to Houston.

Question
My friend in Houston said her husband is not yet agreed to her sending me invitation

Thanks
What do u mean by unravel? Please be clear with your issue
Be that as it may...
Invitations aren't needed for visa interviews

But Eh... Where one has a reservation about sending you an invite, have u asked yourself why? I am of the humble opinion that you should leave them out of your application. Money too hard to waste.
Read at least part 2 of the thread. You should be able to pick out stuff to tide you through

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2017
bigbus:

I suggest you check the UK thread. Just today/yesterday, someone related getting a visa on a passport expiring in Feb '18. Not worth the risk though. The rule says 6 months, as you know already. But, you will also see people relating more than 60 working days to get their passport back (with/out UK visa granted). It is true that the peak period is over, but you never know for sure how long they will keep your passport. You won't want that anxiety over whether UK will return your passport on time when you US interview is close, unless US visit is not time-bound.
To your question, I don't think US will issue a visa in a cancelled passport. I suggest you read back on the VO's thread: there have been two questions similar to yours, but I can't remember the precise answers.

Thank u so much, I will cancel d UK trip for now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2017
coldsummer:
Hello guys please help.

Question:

Please guys help
Purchase the Atlanta ticket from Nigeria and print it out before leaving Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2017
Tarry:

I understand your point, yes the lady was really fortunate because at that point where she could not produced her old passport, her credibility really becomes questionable and if I were the VO, I will either outrightly deny her or reschedule the interview, but going beyond that you cannot deny that she really prepared for the interview and nailed it.

Concerning the gurus, I believe the duty here is to identified the factors that made those who obtained visa to get it and indentified why those who were denied missed it. You don't expect them to be identifying what those approved did wrong when they are already successful. Something worked for those approved and that is what they have to point out so others can learn and those denied something went wrong and they also tried to point it out. There is no bias or over sabi in any of this.

Regard
God bless you and you will not died young...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2017
michaeladesiyan:
Morning guys.
I'm applying myself.
Applying with 3 kids
Going to Houston.

Question

Thanks
I will advise you apply for vacation and stay in hotel if possible Florida or any children friendly location in U.S since it's a family vacation... Do you have any travel history as family or you alone? I'm kind of not too sure about your salary but I want to believe you have that angle covered with enough savings.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello Lady G.

Good work you are doing here.

Please my mum visit request was declined early this month(she is over 50), we still dont know what the issue is.

She was invite by my cousin who recently gave birth to come for Omugo and she told them all the truth at the embassy.

Now she is considering re-applying again with my dad and I, want to know what are the chances if we are all visiting as a family.
LadyGuinivere:

What do u mean by unravel? Please be clear with your issue
Be that as it may...
Invitations aren't needed for visa interviews

But Eh... Where one has a reservation about sending you an invite, have u asked yourself why? I am of the humble opinion that you should leave them out of your application. Money too hard to waste.
Read at least part 2 of the thread. You should be able to pick out stuff to tide you through
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
emadamysy:
Hello Lady G.

Good work you are doing here.

Please my mum visit request was declined early this month(she is over 50), we still dont know what the issue is.

She was invite by my cousin who recently gave birth to come for Omugo and she told them all the truth at the embassy.

Now she is considering re-applying again with my dad and I, want to know what are the chances if we are all visiting as a family.
Can you try as much as possible to post her transcript as close to what happened at the interview as possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
VO- Good Morning
Mum- Good Morning
VO- Passport Pleased
Vo- Where you travelling to
Mum- Texas Hosuton, for Visit and also see my cousin who just put to bead
VO- Are you married
Mum- Yes with 6 Kids, First is 30, Youngest is 10(Though mum look young sha)
VO- Whats your profession
Mum-Business, I manage and have a workforce of 5 staffs
VO- Is it Open or Locked Shop
Mum-excuse me, you say?(she did not intially understood what the VO means and she said locked shop)

Then mum tries to explain wht the business entails bla bla bla

VO- Have you travelled before. flipping thorugh her passport

Mum- No

Next thing its blue paper.

seyewest:

Can you try as much as possible to post her transcript as close to what happened at the interview as possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
emadamysy:
VO- Good Morning
Mum- Good Morning
VO- Passport Pleased
VO- Are you married
Mum-excuse me, you say?(she did not intially understood what the VO means and she said locked shop)

Mum- No

Who will look after the 10yrs old and her business?
Maybe the V.O thought she's still very active with her life to go and do omugo in U.S also if it's for one of her children it will make sense.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olystic: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
LegitBachelor:

I've gone for my visa interview. Went with the following documents: 1. My GTB Receipt 2. My Appointment Slip 3. My Confirmation Slip 4. My International Passport 5. My Passport Photo and 6. Documents showing ties to Nigeria smiley

The documents I presumed will provide evidence of my ties include my bank statements, my appointment letter with my workplace and my appointment with an international organisation. Also I attached my hotel booking confirmation. All these I out in a separate file and tagged them evidence of ties to Nigeria grin

When I got to the venue I only went in with the documents I listed. To make things easy for me and the embassy security guys I left my belt and my money in the car. My appointment was for 6:45am.

All the VOs at the windows this morning were causcasians.......I think. There were lots of refusals. I also noticed the interviews lasted a bit longer than I expected. Its quite sad that one will be engaged on a lengthy interview and yet be denied sad

I can't remember my window but the lady in front of me was granted visa. Then I was called in:

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning
VO: Can I have your passport please
Me: *Gives him*
VO: So why do you want to go to the United States?
Me: Intend going to Dallas, Texas on vacation (didn't give details). Might also check on Mr G. who's a family friend (he then started typing)
VO: Oh ok, your family friend is based in the States?
Me: Yes he is
VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes. I've been to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China, and India
VO: When did you travel to the Schengen States?
Me: I travelled on dates A, for Denmark, dates B & C for Germany and D for Holland
VO: All in 2017?
Me: Yes
VO: So you travelled twice to Germany this year? (Now facing me)
Me: Yes, I travelled on dates B and C
VO: So where did you travel to in Germany and what did you go to do in Germany?
Me: *This was my strong point as it enabled me explain the work I do for the international organisation which was what took me to Germany. He delved into testing my knowedge on certain areas to know if I was really telling the truth but I was vibrating since its a field I'm good in and passionate about. He asked over 5 questions here smiley. And he kept typing as I talked*
VO: (He then switched from my inernational job to my government job) So what do you guys do at your primary place of work?
Me: We regulate bla bla bla and my department where I work is particularly tasked with bla bla bla
VO: Mention the names of your fellow colleagues at your workplace who go with you to Germany for the assignment with the IInternational organisation.
Me: Mr U, J and I
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: How many times have you travelled.
Me: *Haba I thought I had told you grin* 6 times to 5 countries
VO: I will be approving you visa. (He then picked up the white form and pointed at the address there). You will be contacted to pick your passport at this address. (He then handed over the white form to me)
Me: Thank you

I then made to go but I realise my passport wasn't with me. I wanted to go back and ask him for it cause it seemed strange to be going home without it grin...the last time I went, I got my passport back immediately after the interview. But I then realised that the reason why I wasn't given back my passport is because my visa will be embossed on my passport so they took it to emboss the visa.

As I walked out of the building, I made sure I put a serious face so nobody will ask me how it went but surprisingly a female mopol called me out and asked me with some measure of certainty if I got the visa. I said yes but I had no money on me. Also as I was about leaving the final checkpoint another mopol asked me for money. Now my question is this: How did they know that I had gotten the visa? I'm guessing the guys inside the building gave the guys outside some form of signal grin.

No document was requested just my passport. Not even my statement of result or appointment letters. I'm so grateful to everyone here. I am so grateful to Kristinbaby who gave me confidence and provided very useful advice. Most of all I'm most grateful to God.

Please I have a question......when will my passport be most likely ready for pickup. I'm travelling next week week Saturday to a schengen state. Hope it will be ready by then o.

Hello sir
Please how did u get d SchengenVisa. Was it through the international organization. Please sir, I will like to join that international organization. Anticipating your reply sir.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
This is holiday period , according to her
seyewest:

Who will look after the 10yrs old and her business?
Maybe the V.O thought she's still very active with her life to go and do omugo in U.S also if it's for one of her children it will make sense.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
seyewest:

God bless you and you will not died young...

Amen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blisssexy: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thank you for the information given. So if we marry within 90 days I can go for k-1 form right.
Pls how do I get this form, is it online or the embassy?

Those he still need to send me a letter of invitation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
emadamysy:
VO- Good Morning
Mum- Good Morning
VO- Passport Pleased
VO- Are you married

Mum- No

Sorry about your mum's refusal. I think she was not convincing enough about her work, and the next question on travel history just assist the VO in making up his mind. Next time let her state clearly what she does, either, I have a shop where I sell so, so and so or I run a business that in into so, so and so. Business with a workforce of 5 is not convincing at all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
blisssexy:
Good day, please I need your assistant. Am planning on traveling to the U S to meet my fiancée. But I have no clue on documents required. My fiancee is a U S citizens the only place I have traveled to is Ghana. From my findings I was told to i would need his data page of his passport, his tax clearance and letter of invitation too.

Pls advice me

what you need is a k-1 visa since you are going to meet your fiancée who is a US citizen. He has to first petitioned for you over there and then you will attend the interview here. You still have to convince the vo that the relationship is genuine and she must also have required fund to sponsor your application.

However, if you just want to go and visit with no plan to marry him over there immediately or within 90 days, then you will obtain a B1/B2 visa but that will be very difficult, you have to have strong ties here and you don't need his passport or tax clearance or letter of invitation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bash980898: 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please I just want to make ask some questions I don't know. I have been issued a b1/b2 USVisa for a visit last month. I stated my departure as Nov 5th and departing from Lagos but now the flight is too expensive for me so I haven't left the country. Now I decided to leave by December or January and want to go through Ethiopia airline from Abuja, but I was told US prefer I fly direct flight to US. I want to know if my new date of departure and the list of airline I can go with and that offer cheap flight and I won't have problem at the port of entry by questioning why the changes. Please someone should please enlighten me and be of help to give me accurate response to avoid problem at the port of entry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
seyewest:

Busy body.... when they're tired we will still be here to assist people. grin grin grin

Lolz! Bad belle in high places.... Hian!

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.