Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,553 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171006 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 6:01am On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
VO. Where are you going in the US?
Me. Manhattan, UK.
Should I call the hotel name and the address?
Manhattan is very big..
Should I be exact.
Thank you guys

Well you should know exactly where you're going to be staying but you don't need to know the details right down the GPS coordinates. The question would be why though... Manhattan is expensive.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2017
I'm aware
I would be going to Central Park and Times Square they are about 5 mins walk from the hotel that's why I choosed it.
Yes I have to pay 86 dollars per night.
I have a good pay here of 350k monthly..
Would I be asked why I choosed the hotel or Manhattan?
I'm in my early 20s but am engaged an I live alone.. I do part time at the University and I'm graduating by February... I don't know if I stand a chance but am honest with all info I gave then in my DS 160... Just 8days vacation... I also have enough money in my bank.. Saved for years now.
My parents are also comfortable and am the only child.
Just want to tour New York.
Please can you help evaluate me..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
I'm aware
I would be going to Central Park and Times Square they are about 5 mins walk from the hotel that's why I choosed it.
I'm in my early 20s but am engaged an I live alone.. I do part time at the University and I'm graduating by February... I don't know if I stand a chance but am honest with all info I gave then in my DS 160... Just 8days vacation... I also have enough money in my bank.. Saved for years now.

That's all you're going to do? Ok, not sure how that's going to work but give it a try at least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2017
May God bless you. Amen. As I said, the applicant is very lucky to get the visa. Confidence play no role in a situation when you are not adequately prepared, it can only be luck. Let's call a spade a spade. Some peoples comment on transcript here really makes me laugh cheesy

ladylco:

Abi o and the next thing you will see all of them coming out to say her story did not add up, always trying to be associated to people's visa success. I remember one applicant who stated how he drove himself to the embassy but he had to park his car somewhere in surulere due to traffic and had to give his last cash to the security guarding the place he parked his car with d hope that if he gets the visa, he would not mind trekking all the way back from the embassy, but the guy didn't get the visa eventually. You need to see the way the so called gurus crucified this guy say all him story no add up, simply because he didn't get the visa. Am sure if he got the visa Tori for change. Over sabi too much here abeg
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
I'm aware

What travels do you have in your kitty from the past?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2017
This post isn't referring to the woman that just got her visa,it was a guy that his visa was denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayobj: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Folks

A quick one.this time no visa issues

I will be going to Chicago for a conference.
Am leaving from Jeddah Saudi Arabia
I am taking British Airways flight

I hope I don’t need transit visa for stop overs.
I don’t have a valid UK visa
Last travelled there 4 years ago.
Hope the policy has not changed

Been to UKand USA 6 times each.

The best flight from here is BA
Otherwise Lufthansa

Please kindly answer fast fast make I debit my credit card fa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2017
How many hours is your stop over? Is it over night? I've traveled to States via BA and had overnight stop over in UK. I did not use transit visa.

ayobj:
Folks

Otherwise Lufthansa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayobj: 10:47am On Nov 20, 2017
kristinbaby:
How many hours is your stop over? Is it over night? I've traveled to States via BA and had overnight stop over in UK. I did not use transit visa.

4hours stop over on the departure leg and 23 hours on the arrival leg

��
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
VO. Where are you going in the US?
Me. Manhattan, UK.
Should I call the hotel name and the address?
Manhattan is very big..
Should I be exact.
Thank you guys

@bolded. Pardon?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
ayobj:
Folks

You should be fine as long as you are not changing airports. In any case, check with your local BA office to they can let you know what fly/no fly policy they will apply to you at boarding.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Show the immigration/custom officer your ticket boarding pass that show your next day connecting flight, they will allow you to lodge to connect your flight next day. That is what I did. Safe trip.

ayobj:

4hours stop over on the departure leg and 23 hours on the arrival leg

��
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sorry my auto corrector.
I mean Manhattan, New York
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
ladylco:

Abi o and the next thing you will see all of them coming out to say her story did not add up, always trying to be associated to people's visa success. I remember one applicant who stated how he drove himself to the embassy but he had to park his car somewhere in surulere due to traffic and had to give his last cash to the security guarding the place he parked his car with d hope that if he gets the visa, he would not mind trekking all the way back from the embassy, but the guy didn't get the visa eventually. You need to see the way the so called gurus crucified this guy say all him story no add up, simply because he didn't get the visa. Am sure if he got the visa Tori for change. Over sabi too much here abeg
Busy body.... when they're tired we will still be here to assist people. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
No, I would be visiting Statue of Liberty, at Liberty Island, then Times Square, central park, and the Niagara Falls.
before moving to Utah as a would be going to the National Park and some beautiful places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
Manhattan,New York, USA.
What are some of the likable questions?
thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:
No, I would be visiting Statue of Liberty, at Liberty Island, then Times Square, central park, and the Niagara Falls.
before moving to Utah as a would be going to the National Park and some beautiful places.
josiahese:
Manhattan,New York, USA.
What are some of the likable questions?
thank you
josiahese:
I'm aware

what are you on about.

if you take time to read through this thread alone (not even the part 1 and 2) you will not be asking this questions.

Just be careful. 64k is not beans.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOre: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
kristinbaby:
Show the immigration/custom officer your ticket boarding pass that show your next day connecting flight, they will allow you to lodge to connect your flight next day. That is what I did. Safe trip.

Good day all, pls I'm new on this thread. I really need some clarifications. I booked my flight to the US with virgin Atlantic and my stopover is for 18hrs (was looking for awoof).
Pls I don't intend to leave the airport before connecting. Do I still need transit visa?
I've called Virgin, the lady told me they are not trained on visa issues so they cant give me right info.

I'm confused. Pls help.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaOre:

Good day all, pls I'm new on this thread. I really need some clarifications. I booked my flight to the US with virgin Atlantic and my stopover is for 18hrs (was looking for awoof).
Pls I don't intend to leave the airport before connecting. Do I still need transit visa?
I've called Virgin, the lady told me they are not trained on visa issues so they cant give me right info.

I'm confused. Pls help.

Thanks

I am assuming you are landing in Heathrow. If the onward flight to america is taking off from same Heathrow, you would not need a transit visa, But if the connecting equipment would be from another airport, you would need the transit visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:

You will be visiting all these places in just one week? Yeah Right!

Try another story cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by basdow101: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good Day House,

I friend of Mine made a mistake in the spelling of his name while payment of his visa fee himself in his GTbank Internet Banking Platform.

What can he do to correct it? or does that mean he's gonna have to pay another visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by josiahese(m): 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for all your negative comments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
[quote author=Adeneyagrofeeds post=62514063][/quote]

?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
?
quote author=Adeneyagrofeeds post=62507741]Hello house, I really need your help. I have already booked my appointment for January with my old passport which has 5months to expire which I know there's no issue with the US embassy, so right now I wanna apply for UK visa, which I most travel there for Xmas and UK won't issue visa on 5months to expire passport unlike USA. So my concern is can I go to the interview with my new passport which I know the passport number will be different from the old one, I hope it won't be a red card for me? And can US issue visa on the new passport cuz d old one would be cancelled without prejudice [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JayJay0211: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
You should be fine if you connect from the same airport you arrive through. That is, arrive into Heathrow Airport and depart from Heathrow. However, if you have to depart from Gatwick Airport, for instance, then you would need a Transit Visa as they are in different locations.
ayobj:
Folks

Otherwise Lufthansa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oyinkankt: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
hello all. ladyG i hail o!

i finally got around to opening an account after being a guest for several months and reading this post!

hope im good to go as regards poe?? pls help! seyewest, twoods.

thanks guys!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
If you're interviewing soon and you really want that visa, I'd advice you create time to go read the part 2 from page 1 to the end and maybe this too.

There's a feeling that come with knowing and that's what you get from reading and taking your time to research.

Part 1, 2 and so far part 3 of this thread have unbelievable number of people with different cases and profiles. While I agree that no two people will have perfectly matching profiles, I'd also be inclined to say that this thread have had people that had profiles and challenges that are similar to yours.

No one here is a VO but many people on this thread are close to "seen it all". This is ambiguous but largely true.

Confidence, Luck, grace, call it whatever you want but preparation is key when facing the VO. The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to get the visa.

Some followers of this thread will come with narratives about how important a factor grace or luck is. Well, we all have a right to what we believe; but going by the number of success rate of supposed novice (that took their time to read and digest the thread) that got their VISA relatively against odds, the magic formula may just be something else.

I wish everyone luck, grace and whatever we believe in.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
seyewest:

Busy body.... when you're tired we will still be here to assist people. grin grin grin
But she just said the fact about some people here.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Oyinkankt:
hello all. ladyG i hail o!

i finally got around to opening an account after being a guest for several months and reading this post!

pls i need advice!!! so ive been to the u.s in september for my cousins wedding in baltimore; also stayed with her all through my 15days.

i will be going again in january but wont be staying with my cousin cos ...well shes married now. i cannot comman be the third wheel. so i would be heading to new york for vacation. i already booked a hotel.

hope im good to go as regards poe?? pls help! seyewest, twoods.

thanks guys!

Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure that your hotel booking is valid, perhaps try calling them to ensure they don't cancel. And hold your return ticket. Vacationing is good.
Enjoy!

But, did you post your transcript? Because I am not sure that would have been possible as guest...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

?
quote author=Adeneyagrofeeds post=62507741]Hello house, I really need your help. I have already booked my appointment for January with my old passport which has 5months to expire which I know there's no issue with the US embassy, so right now I wanna apply for UK visa, which I most travel there for Xmas and UK won't issue visa on 5months to expire passport unlike USA. So my concern is can I go to the interview with my new passport which I know the passport number will be different from the old one, I hope it won't be a red card for me? And can US issue visa on the new passport cuz d old one would be cancelled without prejudice

I suggest you check the UK thread. Just today/yesterday, someone related getting a visa on a passport expiring in Feb '18. Not worth the risk though. The rule says 6 months, as you know already. But, you will also see people relating more than 60 working days to get their passport back (with/out UK visa granted). It is true that the peak period is over, but you never know for sure how long they will keep your passport. You won't want that anxiety over whether UK will return your passport on time when you US interview is close, unless US visit is not time-bound.
To your question, I don't think US will issue a visa in a cancelled passport. I suggest you read back on the VO's thread: there have been two questions similar to yours, but I can't remember the precise answers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DebsMed: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
MamaOre:

I'm confused. Pls help.

Thanks

No, you don't need transit visa for your case type, but you could however even go into the UK if you wish. You can take the image below to the bank, it works perfectly. I did over two months ago. The only challenge is that your layover has to be above 12hrs or so for you to even have a chance. Mine was over, and yours too. Also be wary of that word MIGHT in the image, it means you won't compulsorily have the opportunity though.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
josiahese:

I would love to see the Falls, but they are a bit far from NY. Statue of Liberty, are you visiting or just viewing from the free Staten Island Ferry? If you plan this super-tourist itinerary, be sure to do your research very well about the destinations o. Not only for the visa, but also for making the trip a reality. Also, transport is not cheap when you want to move with a fast-paced plan.

Watch-out for the auto-correct when filling the form. It is easier to be extra careful, than to be trying to update/change the forms later. I spent a few days filling my form and then re-reading, re-checking etc, before finally submitting. I even counted the characters of my name, to make sure i didn't miss any letter. (When you type fast and read fast, it is easy for the eyes to skip something small.)
All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.