Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174628 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by psalmie007(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2019
Hello house, I just got over the trauma I experienced, so i came here to seek advice. early last year I had plans to travel to the states, a friend of mine introduced me to an agent, he told me the agent had done it for a lot of people successfully, so I paid him and he kick started the whole process. to cut the story short, this guy made some west African stamps on my passport and also put a fake SA visa on it, he lured me into believing the stamps/visa would go through and even told me they don't scrutinize the stamps cause they are always having lots of applicants to attend to within a short period. on getting there all hell broke lose, and I was interrogated by a white officer who said lots of things I can't even remember, so he gave me this letter which i attached to this post and told me my passport would be confiscated due to fake documents I used.
so my question is have I been banned from entering the USA? though I know I shouldn't even think of applying again in the nearest future.
I could have asked the man directly but I froze and couldn't even think of anything but to leave the place.

No reprimand please as I have learnt my lesson, a reasonable criticism and an appropriate advice would be appreciated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mojisolani: 10:49am On Jan 17, 2019
psalmie007:
Hello house, I just got over the trauma I experienced, so i came here to seek advice. early last year I had plans to travel to the states, a friend of mine introduced me to an agent, he told me the agent had done it for a lot of people successfully, so I paid him and he kick started the whole process. to cut the story short, this guy made some west African stamps on my passport and also put a fake SA visa on it, he lured me into believing the stamps/visa would go through and even told me they don't scrutinize the stamps cause they are always having lots of applicants to attend to within a short period. on getting there all hell broke lose, and I was interrogated by a white officer who said lots of things I can't even remember, so he gave me this letter which i attached to this post and told me my passport would be confiscated due to fake documents I used.
so my question is have I been banned from entering the USA? though I know I shouldn't even think of applying again in the nearest future.
I could have asked the man directly but I froze and couldn't even think of anything but to leave the place.

No reprimand please as I have learnt my lesson, a reasonable criticism and an appropriate advice would be appreciated.

See your life for road.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:12am On Jan 17, 2019
flourishing247:

I don't understand you at all. Why would you use your friend's mail for your application? What happened to yours? This is you guys jeopardize your chances. Please go and open an email address, use it for your application. Don't ever make this type of mistake again.

Applicant most likely in for a long ride. Not so easy to even correct such mistakes.... Wondering how he was allowed to set up his profile with that particular email though. Well, he probably got all the warnings but ignored, maybe!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 11:14am On Jan 17, 2019
psalmie007:

Yes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ejiroogidi: 11:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Please how did you get a date? Mine is blank. Thank you.
scott509:
Please how did you fix this problem of blank page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nkel08: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her file for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria. Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2019
I kept checking off and on and just noticed it has opened up and i chose a date. I think they close it and open it like that. So just keep checking. Abuja has earlier dates than Lagos.

uote author=Ejiroogidi post=74845568]Please how did you get a date? Mine is blank. Thank you.
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2019
psalmie007:

You have been banned. That's the scary truth. You get liver carry fake document enter US Embassy!!!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Forget america for now all you need to do apply for SA and all the fake visa the agent stamp on your passport before you can think of applying for us visa .,..agent with low brain

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MosakuAW(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello All and @justwise.

Please help and advise accordingly. I have been to the UK in holiday in August, 2012 where I spent 2weeks out of the 6month visa days granted to me.

I also travelled to Ghana for 6days on honeymoon same 2012. I have not left the country since then nor applied for any visa because I have no reason to. Now, I want to visit the US in holiday alone without my wife and kid. My passport has expired and am about to renew it and apply for US tourist visa.

Please what are my chances or been granted a US Visa. What are the neccesarry documents to have in place. I don't want to use any agent, since I did the UK myself without involving an agent.

Please all, advice me in the way forward.

CC: @justwise

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
MosakuAW:
Hello All and @justwise.

Please help and advise accordingly. I have been to the UK in holiday in August, 2012 where I spent 2weeks out of the 6month visa days granted to me.

I also travelled to Ghana for 6days on honeymoon same 2012. I have not left the country since then nor applied for any visa because I have no reason to. N[b]ow, I want to visit the US in holiday alone without my wife and kid.[/b] My passport has expired and am about to renew it and apply for US tourist visa.

Please what are my chances or been granted a US Visa. What are the neccesarry documents to have in place. I don't want to use any agent, since I did the UK myself without involving an agent.

Do you work or run your own business? If yes..what is your monthly take-home income?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MosakuAW(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
justwise:

Do you work or run your own business? If yes..what is your monthly take-home income?

I work and my monthly take home after tax is N169,890.

Thanks for the prompt response, I really appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
MosakuAW:

I work and my monthly take home after tax is N169,890.

Thanks for the prompt response, I really appreciate.

I will be surprised if you are given a visa, not only because of your salary but for the fact that you are traveling without your wife and kid, even if you want to travel with them you still can not afford that family holiday.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2019
groovychik:
My situation. I have a Sister on a H4 visa, even though visiting her is not the purpose of my trip. I applied for tourism purpose and I have never been to the US and this was my first application. I got my degree and master’s in the UK and I still have valid UK visa. However,

When people say Visa is God’s doing, that is not a lie. A Pastor with extensive travel history, was denied Visa. I had everything going against me, Sister in the US, Single and of marriageable age. I stammer, especially if am in a tense situation but for some stroke of luck, once I told her I stammer, I did not stutter throughout the interview. Honestly, I avoided any US visa thread on Nairaland for four days before my interview, because the rejections were depressing and I just was reading US visa success stories just to create a positive vibe in my head. I also knew it was not do or die, since I am going on holiday, I figured if they said no, I will go somewhere else. I planned to smile all through but I did not, I was just formal in my responses. Interview was yesterday and this afternoon I got a message that passport is ready for collection. Good luck with to all the applicants, just ensure you know your travel plans and be confident.

Nice one and congrats.... It seems Abuja has been refusing a lot of applicant lately... reason for the early message.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Leave blank. PP number is different from PP book number of course, I have seen peeps the number of pages the passport has (32 or 64) and the bottom numbers after the passport number itself. I don’t really understand it and I have always left it blank as not applicable without consequence even once. Those that know better may clarify please....

True... Leave it blank
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
psalmie007:

For your own good forget about U.S.
You should be worried about getting arrested in U.S (it may happen not saying it will happen). Get a new passport and travel elsewhere, it is not a must you must visit U.S

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
MosakuAW:
Hello All and @justwise.

I also travelled to Ghana for 6days on honeymoon same 2012. I have not left the country since then nor applied for any visa because I have no reason to. Now, I want to visit the US in holiday alone without my wife and kid. My passport has expired and am about to renew it and apply for US tourist visa.

In this new climate, very slim
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MosakuAW(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
Reine22:

In this new climate, very slim

Can you please elucidate on your statement above. Why very slim? And which new climate? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thesecretplace: 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hi all. Just came across this thread and thought to share my experience.

Based on my background, getting visas was not an issue for me. I had US and UK visas (from student visa to visitors) and when it was time to have my first child, the US was naturally the place to go. When that visa expired and I tried to renew, it became a problem. Found out it was because the bill was not completely cleared (ignorantly accepted Medicaid discounts). I decided it wasn't the end of the world. Went ahead to have the second child in the UK (with upfront bills paid) and requested the outstanding bills from my US hospital. At that time, we couldn't afford to pay everything at once so we put up a payment plan. We thought that would satisfy them at the US embassy so we tried again to renew the visa. Same outcome - a denial. After that, we took the decision to chill and spend our holidays elsewhere - UK, France, UAE, South Africa - we put the US aside until we sorted our issues.

When our bills were fully paid and we had clearance from the hospital, we applied again as a family and were only asked one question - where in the US are you going? To which the answer was DisneyWorld and we got our visas. The lady also said "I note you had a child in the US" (wasn't a question). I responded "yes, would you like to see the receipt?" and she said "no, it's fine". That to me indicated she knew it had been paid. Please note that there was a hiatus period of about 4 years within which we completely stayed away from the US embassy and enjoyed our vacations elsewhere. By the time we went back, we had matured and all had 10 year UK visas, extensive travel history and of course, ties to Nigeria - investments and all. Since then, its been drop box renewals only even with all the current issues (last one as recently as November).

Why am I saying this? If you have been refused based on outstanding bills and all that, please clean it up. Don't keep reapplying hoping it will go away. It won't. Please take a break and sort out the issue (note that even my extensive travel history did not save me from being denied until I cleared up the issue I had with them). If your visa refusal/denial is because you don't have enough ties, go and build those ties. Don't assume they will magically forget why they denied you the first time. Give the place a break for 3 years and go sort out the issues. You will get it one day and you will find that it gets easier from there and you will no longer even require interviews.

17 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Attraction: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
Godson1988:
@ attraction, good evening. can u please share the conference website you used planning of going for a digital banking conference in Texas in June, though still looking out for other conferences too I also work in a bank. Thanks

It's the youth assembly conference, the one Williams uchemba was involved with.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntutu(m): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
I went for my tourist visa yesterday and the black American Lady didn't waste upto 5 minutes with me and told me I am not qualified to visit America.

VO: Were are you going in the United States

Me: Texas

VO: what are you going for ?

Me: Bussines trip

VO: What is your position in your working place?

Me: Chief Supervisor

VO: What work will you be doing in the USA if you you enter?

Me: I am only going for a bussiness conference and award and I will be returning to Nigeria after it
VO: Are you married?

Me: Yes

VO: how many kids:

Me:No issues yet.

VO: how many days will you be spending ?

Me: Just 5 days:

VO: have you traveled before?

Me: Yes, Ghana and the same company sent me to represent Nigeria there.

VO: She just typed and issue me a pink paper indicating that I am not eligible to travel.

Me: Thank you so much and I left

We are more than 100 that was interviewed and I can only see less than 7 Passport she just approved.
I have sincere intention to go for the International bussines and award night which the company invited me and come back. I am the company Nigeria Represbetative here in Nigeria. I have paid for the award night ticket and I have booked and paid for my hotel rooms for 5 days. I recieve above 270k in my company.

Please, what is my chances of applying again and getting an appointment before 6th of March for the conference . I need an advice on this please

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
No be “do or die”! You will have to wait for another 6 months to reapply. But you must bring something new to the table else you will be refused again. Why not travel elsewhere for the time being?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
thesecretplace:

Based on my background, getting visas was not an issue for me. I had US and UK visas (from student visa to visitors) and when it was time to have my first child, the US was naturally the place to go. When that visa expired and I tried to renew, it became a problem. Found out it was because the bill was not completely cleared (ignorantly accepted Medicaid discounts). I decided it wasn't the end of the world. Went ahead to have the second child in the UK (with upfront bills paid) and requested the outstanding bills from my US hospital. At that time, we couldn't afford to pay everything at once so we put up a payment plan. We thought that would satisfy them at the US embassy so we tried again to renew the visa. Same outcome - a denial. After that, we took the decision to chill and spend our holidays elsewhere - UK, France, UAE, South Africa - we put the US aside until we sorted our issues.

When our bills were fully paid and we had clearance from the hospital, we applied again as a family and were only asked one question - where in the US are you going? To which the answer was DisneyWorld and we got our visas. The lady also said "I note you had a child in the US" (wasn't a question). I responded "yes, would you like to see the receipt?" and she said "no, it's fine". That to me indicated she knew it had been paid. Please note that there was a hiatus period of about 4 years within which we completely stayed away from the US embassy and enjoyed our vacations elsewhere. By the time we went back, we had matured and all had 10 year UK visas, extensive travel history and of course, ties to Nigeria - investments and all. Since then, its been drop box renewals only even with all the current issues (last one as recently as November).

Why am I saying this? If you have been refused based on outstanding bills and all that, please clean it up. Don't keep reapplying hoping it will go away. It won't. Please take a break and sort out the issue (note that even my extensive travel history did not save me from being denied until I cleared up the issue I had with them). If your visa refusal/denial is because you don't have enough ties, go and build those ties. Don't assume they will magically forget why they denied you the first time. Give the place a break for 3 years and go sort out the issues. You will get it one day and you will find that it gets easier from there and you will no longer even require interviews.

Outstanding bills? Understood! But Medicaid ke? Is that one payable after use? Some enlightenment will do here please....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thesecretplace: 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Outstanding bills? Understood! But Medicaid ke? Is that one payable after use? Some enlightenment will do here please....

Yes very much so. The hospital will not be able to give you the bill as it is already paid up by the Medicaid. They will direct you to the Medicaid office and that is where you get a breakdown of what they paid on your behalf. If I find the details, I will post it (but of course I am sure each State has their different agencies so that may not be necessary). But bottom-line is you can get the details and pay up. That office will then issue you confirmation that you are have dispatched all obligations.

It was a long process as I could only contact the office through a US resident but I was determined to get to the bottom of it and sort it out so I could go anywhere I want without restrictions.

Just remembered, it also included filling a "Privacy Office" form for the information about the bill (claims) to be released to my contact in the US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
thesecretplace:

Yes very much so. The hospital will not be able to give you the bill as it is already paid up by the Medicaid. They will direct you to the Medicaid office and that is where you get a breakdown of what they paid on your behalf. If I find the details, I will post it (but of course I am sure each State has their different agencies so that may not be necessary). But bottom-line is you can get the details and pay up. That office will then issue you confirmation that you are have dispatched all obligations.

It was a long process as I could only contact the office through a US resident but I was determined to get to the bottom of it and sort it out so I could go anywhere I want without restrictions.

Just remembered, it also included filling a "Privacy Office" form for the information about the bill (claims) to be released to my contact in the US.

Wow! I’m sure the birthing thread will appreciate this your posts, please, kindly show up there with this, the belief over the years has been far from this occurrence methinks. Loads of people have been unable to renew their visa because of this, in fact, not paying high for birthing is almost currently causing huge challenges to our people at renewal. Taking Medicaid is almost as good as committing suicide in that context!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thesecretplace: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Wow! I’m sure the birthing thread will appreciate this your posts, please, kindly show up there with this, the belief over the years has been far from this occurrence methinks. Loads of people have been unable to renew their visa because of this, in fact, not paying high for birthing is almost currently causing huge challenges to our people at renewal. Taking Medicaid is almost as good as committing suicide in that context!

So, I have just gone through my documents and the MA office is the "The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services" and what they sent to me was an "All Claims Report". I hope it helps someone although like I mentioned, each State will probably have it's office. This one was for MassHealth.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by stevewale(m): 1:30am On Jan 18, 2019
nkel08:
Hello Everyone,
Please guys I need your urgent help!. I have a girlfriend (US citizen) in the states and she's visited me in Nigeria for 3 weeks in November 2018. This is actually our first meeting and we got engaged. After that she returns to back to States. I don't know if easy for her file for fiancee visa or i should file from Nigeria. Please what should be our next step. Please guys advice me.
Thanks.

Yes K1 visa is your best route and faster than filling for spouse after marriage (though you’d have to get married once you get to the state).

Go through the K1 visa thread for the process and you should be good
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by stevewale(m): 1:33am On Jan 18, 2019
OmoBendel24:

That’s right you’d be compel to pay the govt back ... even if you’re a citizen or resident and you used medicaid; if the govt finds out you’re making more than enough income not to qualify for the benefit, they would charge you all the expenses back ... it is what it is
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 6:55am On Jan 18, 2019
In my opinion i believe the fact that you are travelling without your family is a plus. Yes, i admit that that your income may be low, just about $500, do you jave other streams of income, any other savings, what is the nature of your job? All of these will be put into consideration.
In the ends, thr decision is multifactorial and lies with the VO.
justwise:

I will be surprised if you are given a visa, not only because of your salary but for the fact that you are traveling without your wife and kid, even if you want to travel with them you still can not afford that family holiday.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 7:01am On Jan 18, 2019
Very well said. I think many people can tell even before hand whether they stand a chance or not. It's sad when people apply for US visas because they want to "try their luck".

thesecretplace:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2019
MosakuAW:

Can you please elucidate on your statement above. Why very slim? And which new climate? Thanks

The recent spate of refusals. even frequent travelers with much higher income and extensive US travel history have been denied visas. You plan to travel alone for a holiday without your family. Your salary isn’t ‘buoyant’. You would appear to be a flight risk (in the VO’s eyes). Assess yourself. But if you want to try your luck go ahead
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aye88: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2019
thesecretplace:

So, I have just gone through my documents and the MA office is the "The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services" and what they sent to me was an "All Claims Report". I hope it helps someone although like I mentioned, each State will probably have it's office. This one was for MassHealth.

Very enlightening post. But what about those who didn't use Medicaid but got discounts from the hospital cos they are paying cash. That seem to be more if the case now that even Medicaid users. Most of us have been enlightened not to accept Medicaid but the issue now is discounts given by hospitals which the embassy is now frowning at.

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.