Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174458 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2019
The case of Medicaid is understandable. What is the rationale behind them frowning at discounts. Even here in Nigeria, people request for discounts from hospitals, pharmacy etc
aye88:

Very enlightening post. But what about those who didn't use Medicaid but got discounts from the hospital cos they are paying cash. That seem to be more if the case now that even Medicaid users. Most of us have been enlightened not to accept Medicaid but the issue now is discounts given by hospitals which the embassy is now frowning at.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
@ seyewest and other gurus in the house, please my brother applied with dropbox a family of 3 children, now passport has been returned with follow up interview scheduled but he has an official engagement on same date,the engagement (training) came up after interview was scheduled
can the wife and children alone go for the interview?if yes, will that means he will automatically lose this date since he doesnt want to cancel for everyone and rebook again?, will you advise he pay for new MRV later or what is the best way to go ahead please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
carnal:
@ seyewest and other gurus in the house, please my brother applied with dropbox a family of 3 children, now passport has been returned with follow up interview scheduled but he has an official engagement on same date,the engagement (training) came up after interview was scheduled
can the wife and children alone go for the interview?if yes, will that means he will automatically lose this date since he doesnt want to cancel for everyone and rebook again?, will you advise he pay for new MRV later or what is the best way to go ahead please?

The follow up interview date is not just one date... he can choose from as many as 5 dates if not he should hold on till he's free to go for interview with his family.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
seyewest:

The follow up interview date is not just one date... he can choose from as many as 5 dates if not he should hold on till he's free to go for interview with his family.

He is asking if the follow up interview can be rescheduled 'cos the training came after they already choose a date, me think..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
@seyewest and ayenikunle, many thanks.my concern is 1 -,can wife alone with 3 kids go while i forfeit mine, pay another MRV?2 - if i pay another MRV, will i do another drop box or i directly book for an interview. 3-is it a must we all must go since follow up interview has been scheduled?
training dates came out after i book visa appointment. your best advise please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
I booked an appointment today, February 26th was the earlier. Location: Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
carnal:
@seyewest and ayenikunle, many thanks.my concern is 1 -,can wife alone with 3 kids go while i forfeit mine, pay another MRV?2 - if i pay another MRV, will i do another drop box or i directly book for an interview. 3-is it a must we all must go since follow up interview has been scheduled?
training dates came out after i book visa appointment. your best advise please

I believe they can go without saying you have an important meeting to attend and I think you can still reschedule another date instead of paying for another visa fees.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZeD1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
Please has anyone here been able to reschedule a 221g appointment?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
Good evening all, please I made a mistake in work history on my brother's application form. I was assisting to fill. Please how can it be corrected, as I think it contradicts with the actual in his previous application.

Is is possible to edit? How do I go about it? He has already booked appointment.

Please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kamsiboy: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello All,pls I need an advice where we went wrong.Our interview was two days ago.
Vo: Good morning
Hubby and I: Good morning Sir
Vo:why are you going to US.
Hubby:I am going on vacation.
Vo: Do you have relatives in US.
Hubby:yes.
Vo:are you visiting him
Hubby:No.
Vo:where are the interesting place to visit.
Hubby: Chinese garden.
Vo: sorry and issue us a blue paper.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kamsiboy:
Hello All,pls I need an advice where we went wrong.Our interview was two days ago.
Chinese garden?? That was it

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bracha: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kamsiboy:

Chinese garden? Really? Didn't you guys do your research?
Anyhow, 'Chinese garden' was probably the reason for the refusal; there are far more interesting places to visit than the Chinese garden.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Good evening all, please I made a mistake in work history on my brother's application form. I was assisting to fill. Please how can it be corrected, as I think it contradicts with the actual in his previous application.
Is is possible to edit? How do I go about it? He has already booked appointment.
Please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kamsiboy:

Chim o!! Which one is Chinese garden in America? Kukuma go to China. That wasn't a smart answer. Don't you have an arrival city? What was the major attraction to the city since you are not visiting relatives.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
corrall:
Please help.
If you have submitted your DS form I don't think anything can be done about it. Check on his profile. If you can't then he better prepare to give truthful answers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thesecretplace: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
aye88:

Very enlightening post. But what about those who didn't use Medicaid but got discounts from the hospital cos they are paying cash. That seem to be more if the case now that even Medicaid users. Most of us have been enlightened not to accept Medicaid but the issue now is discounts given by hospitals which the embassy is now frowning at.

I would suggest that if hospital discounts have been identified as being an issue by the embassy, the affected individuals should contact the hospital requesting a non-discounted bill and work out a payment plan to settle it. Truth is if you are being denied based on the premise that you did not pay the "full price", no amount of reapplying will change that until the issue is dealt with. So, in my opinion, it is either you choose to deal with it or you simply decide to boycott the US. For those who already have US citizen children, I can imagine that no matter how well traveled you subsequently are, if you never go back to the US, your child will eventually ask you one day why he/she cannot go to his/her country. As much as lies within you, I will advise that one addresses the issue causing the denial so you can be free.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 19, 2019
Your transcript was boring..pretty sure the VO got bored..be more engaging and stop with “monosyllabic” answers
Kamsiboy:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 1:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Sparkle1515:
Your transcript was boring..pretty sure the VO got bored..be more engaging and stop with “monosyllabic” answers

Been engaging has put people in trouble. Answer what you are asked simple. The only problem I see here is the reason for the trip.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 4:31am On Jan 19, 2019
If this was how your interview went, it's obvious you didn't engage the VO. It's therefore unlikely that you would have been able to convince him/her about the purpose of your intended visit. [
quote author=Kamsiboy post=74891874]Hello All,pls I need an advice where we went wrong.Our interview was two days ago.
Vo: sorry and issue us a blue paper.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Northmaza: 6:33am On Jan 19, 2019
Firstly, you have a relative and you aren’t visiting but the one that may have broken the Carmel’s back was visiting a “Chinese garden” in America.

Americans take pride in their country.
Try Do more research. If you are particular about these garden, I think China will be much willing to grant you a visit visa.

Plus, be relational in your conversation.

Kamsiboy:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Northmaza: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2019
Bro, Biko just blank out from USA. And if you can, try not to use that passport to apply for other countries so as not to get rejected.

Or banned

NB: please any agent that promises guaranteed visa is fake. Do your research and go for the interview.

psalmie007:
Hello house, I just got over the trauma I experienced, so i came here to seek advice. early last year I had plans to travel to the states, a friend of mine introduced me to an agent, he told me the agent had done it for a lot of people successfully, so I paid him and he kick started the whole process. to cut the story short, this guy made some west African stamps on my passport and also put a fake SA visa on it, he lured me into believing the stamps/visa would go through and even told me they don't scrutinize the stamps cause they are always having lots of applicants to attend to within a short period. on getting there all hell broke lose, and I was interrogated by a white officer who said lots of things I can't even remember, so he gave me this letter which i attached to this post and told me my passport would be confiscated due to fake documents I used.
so my question is have I been banned from entering the USA? though I know I shouldn't even think of applying again in the nearest future.
I could have asked the man directly but I froze and couldn't even think of anything but to leave the place.

No reprimand please as I have learnt my lesson, a reasonable criticism and an appropriate advice would be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by corrall(f): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2019
flourishing247:

If you have submitted your DS form I don't think anything can be done about it. Check on his profile. If you can't then he better prepare to give truthful answers.

OK, thanks for your response. I have read on this thread that correction can be made on an application, but I can't find the exact post. Maybe fill a new form and update profile or so...can someone put me through?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 8:11am On Jan 19, 2019
@Kamsiboy
For now try another country us hardly give visa to family this days very hard don't waste your money try Europe ,Canada, UK or SA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mojisolani: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2019
corrall:

OK, thanks for your response. I have read on this thread that correction can be made on an application, but I can't find the exact post. Maybe fill a new form and update profile or so...can someone put me through?

Fill a new form and call or mail them that you would like to update your Ds160 with the new one , so that they can make correction on the appointment form for it to carry the same code with the new one you filled, it takes 2 working days and a new appointment form would be send to your mail that carry same with your new DS 160 if not you won't be allow in on the day with different code on both your DS160 and appointment fo o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 11:05am On Jan 19, 2019
Please does anyone know how I can fill the DS160 form because it comes out encrypted and I can not even upload my picture!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2019
Aresej:
Please does anyone know how I can fill the DS160 form because it comes out encrypted and I can not even upload my picture!

Are you using your phone? Use a laptop/ desktop.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Northmaza:
Bro, Biko just blank out from USA. And if you can, try not to use that passport to apply for other countries so as not to get rejected.

Or banned

NB: please any agent that promises guaranteed visa is fake. Do your research and go for the interview.

@the bolded; that’s my take home.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by EOA1: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2019
Hello House, I started renewal process for my self, wife and son in August last year via Dropbox. My wife and I visas were approved but my son was requested to come for interview which we promptly scheduled for February 10, 2019, the next available date. While reviewing his documents today, I discover that remaining validity of his passport will be four months, which is less than the normal six month validity advised. Kindly from your experiences advise what we should do.
He is 20 years old now and we have travelled to US together severally but not in the last four years and have been applying together that's why I could not realised that he is now of age which must have led to his been asked to appear for interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hello fam, my appointment confirmation is showing my old passport number that was stolen. I already have a new passport . In which I updated in my DS-160 form. I tried if I could change the old passport number in the appointment confirmation page. It wasn't editable. Now my question is will the old passport number in my appointment confirmation affect my interview. Please, it's urgent. I really need your guidance gurus in the house.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by folmus: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
EOA1:
Hello House, I started renewal process for my self, wife and son in August last year via Dropbox. My wife and I visas were approved but my son was requested to come for interview which we promptly scheduled for February 10, 2019, the next available date. While reviewing his documents today, I discover that remaining validity of his passport will be four months, which is less than the normal six month validity advised. Kindly from your experiences advise what we should do.
He is 20 years old now and we have travelled to US together severally but not in the last four years and have been applying together that's why I could not realised that he is now of age which must have led to his been asked to appear for interview.

Go to immigration office and see whether you can get a new one ontime or better still reschedule his date till when the new passport is likely to be out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by folmus: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
Silin:
Hello fam, my appointment confirmation is showing my old passport number that was stolen. I already have a new passport . In which I updated in my DS-160 form. I tried if I could change the old passport number in the appointment confirmation page. It wasn't editable. Now my question is will the old passport number in my appointment confirmation affect my interview. Please, it's urgent. I really need your guidance gurus in the house.

Thank you.

You might be sent back; you better call them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntutu(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
What is the latest date for appointment now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.