Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171414 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aresej: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
flourishing247:

Are you using your phone? Use a laptop/ desktop.
I went to two different cyber cafes in Abuja and it was the same thing!! I even tried opening it up using my iPad I found out it was still same
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by EOA1: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
folmus:

Go to immigration office and see whether you can get a new one ontime or better still reschedule his date till when the new passport is likely to be out.

If he gets another passport will he still need to reschedule or will simply come to the embassy on the appointment date with the new and old passports
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
EOA1:

If he gets another passport will he still need to reschedule or will simply come to the embassy on the appointment date with the new and old passports

He can attend the interview as is, no wahala, he however will need a new passport to do the actual trip when the time comes. Has he given biometrics before? Thinking that’s why they want him to show sha....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is how you engage the VO ..very interesting
groovychik:
My situation. I have a Sister on a H4 visa, even though visiting her is not the purpose of my trip. I applied for tourism purpose and I have never been to the US and this was my first application. I got my degree and master’s in the UK and I still have valid UK visa. However, I have a new passport and the visa is on an old one. In fact I had two old passports in the file with me and I was not asked for them. Interview was in Abuja and while on the line, the slim Black American lady quickly rejected three applicants, while the other windows were still occupied. She did not spend more than a minute on any of them. I was praying not to be directed to hers’ and to be honest, I did not hear the responses of the three because I tuned out. I was now directed to her window.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning, I have a bit of a stutter, I will need you to be patient
VO: That’s Okay
V.O: Are you travelling alone?
Me: Yes
V.O: Where exactly are you going to?
Me: Atlanta, New Orleans and New York
V.O: What are you planning to do when you travel?
(I have a full itinerary and I took my time, pls note the WE in my response)
Me: Arrive Atlanta on the 2nd, WE will take a road trip to New Orleans on the 3rd, Plantation Tour and steam boat cruise on the 4th, Mardi Gras parade on the 5th, Back to Atl on 6th , fly to New York on the 8th, Catch Chicago on Broadway on the 8th, two days tour on 9th and 10th, back to Atl on the 11th, 5 hour sight-seeing tour bus on the 12th, Southern food tour on the 14th, fly back on the 15th.
V.O: Who is the WE?
Me: My friend that I will be staying with
V.O: What do you do?
Me: I own a …………….we work with mostly Government Parastatals like…………
V.O: How many staff do you have?
Me: I have X number of staff and when needed I use adhoc staff
V.O: Are you single?
Me: Yes, but I live with my nephew and my two dogs (I had plenty pics of me and my dogs, but I was not asked for any document, not even my other passports)
V.O: Who is Ifiiiiii?
(the V.O was trying to pronounce my Sister’s name, so I helped her out with it)
Me: She is my Sister
V.O: Not your friend?
Me: No, my sister
V.O: What is her status?
Me: She is on a H4 Visa
The V.O typed for about a minute and in my head I was like oh! dear! Now she’s gonna refuse
V.0: When last did you see her?
Me: 8 years ago
V.O: Are you planning to see her on this trip?
Me: She will be in Michigan at the time I plan to travel, but I will see her in subsequent trips
V.O: Where else have you been to?
Me: I have been travelling to the UK since I was a year old, I went to school in the UK and I have travelled extensively within the United Kingdom and I still a valid visa (she didn’t ask to see it)
V.O: (hands over a white sheet) this paper explains how you can pick your passport, enjoy your trip
Me: (In shock) thank you, thank you

When people say Visa is God’s doing, that is not a lie. A Pastor with extensive travel history, was denied Visa. I had everything going against me, Sister in the US, Single and of marriageable age. I stammer, especially if am in a tense situation but for some stroke of luck, once I told her I stammer, I did not stutter throughout the interview. Honestly, I avoided any US visa thread on Nairaland for four days before my interview, because the rejections were depressing and I just was reading US visa success stories just to create a positive vibe in my head. I also knew it was not do or die, since I am going on holiday, I figured if they said no, I will go somewhere else. I planned to smile all through but I did not, I was just formal in my responses. Interview was yesterday and this afternoon I got a message that passport is ready for collection. Good luck with to all the applicants, just ensure you know your travel plans and be confident.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
Look up to the comment before this..that’s how to engage a VO..very interesting
flourishing247:

Been engaging has put people in trouble. Answer what you are asked simple. The only problem I see here is the reason for the trip.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
One thing I know, no matter how much we may not agree or how much we may get riled up, is that we remain jokers as long as it is this “try your luck” approach we want to maintain as regards the US visa application. How can you just know to a large extent that your chances of getting this visa is very slim to you yourself and you will still go ahead, and come back abusing them after they refuse you?

The ones that annoys me the most are those strong-headed ones that begin to seek reapplication (I see this every now and then on the various travel threads) from the very day their “try your luck” approach and lack of ties fails them. Are we okay? I understand some normally qualified people may be refused, I talk not of you exactly (but just imagine somebody’s approach of unexcitedly just wanting to visit “Chinese Garden” - whatever that means - without preparation, that interview lacks preparation clearly even if it’s possible they were even qualified for a visa). What you need is some learning/knowledge as per how to hone your qualifying variables to form a complete whole before applying and getting interviewed. Nothing any agent will be doing outside this, if you have knowledge you can’t subject yourself to the “kalokalo” gamble these agents are out to do with you. An intelligent and smart individual will just carry himself/herself to go and submit to one smooth talking tout! Why?

Qualified people are still getting visas from these embassies till now, na wash agents dem just dey.... Dem go leave ban or major error for your neck if you no use sense. Build your ties more if you yourself doubt your qualification. Even go to other embassies like the UK, Schengen, Canada, etc that have power for your documents if you trust yourselves and what you will be submitting. Those that have money to play with, start building travel history from scratch; see SA, See Kenya, See Dubai in one or different journeys first, these are beautiful places with some sweet experiences awaiting you and precursor to different yanfu-yanfu better visas. You must not necessarily start with the US and even keep repeating class, and by extension just busy “dashing” them visa fee money. If you get a schengen visa; visit as many major member states as time and resources can permit you in one trip, take pictures around major monuments as evidence, these may add advantage to your application to embassies that look at documents. The areas to cover are actually much, just trying to touch them in bits. No gainsaying you must have a healthy bank account, this is quite key!

Good luck to you all oh!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by groovychik(f): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
Click on the CEAC site, click on retrieve application, put in all the details plus security questions, a screen will pop up letting you know the form you are trying to retrieve has been submitted and giving you the option to view confirmation page or create new application. Click on create new application, correct what you need to correct etc and submit. Send an email to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and call the call centre from 9am weekdays on +234 1 227 8955. Explain the issue, they would change your appointment to reflect the new form number and send you an email. Voila

corrall:
Good evening all, please I made a mistake in work history on my brother's application form. I was assisting to fill. Please how can it be corrected, as I think it contradicts with the actual in his previous application.

Is is possible to edit? How do I go about it? He has already booked appointment.

Please help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
groovychik:
Click on the CEAC site, click on retrieve application, put in all the details plus security questions, a screen will pop up letting you know the form you are trying to retrieve has been submitted and giving you the option to view confirmation page or create new application. Click on create new application, correct what you need to correct etc and submit. Send an email to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and call the call centre from 9am weekdays on +234 1 227 8955. Explain the issue, they would change your appointment to reflect the new form number and send you an email. Voila

You don’t necessarily need to even call them after doing the above process. Just do the update on the profile by yourself; that is, change the DS160 Confirmation number to the new one you just got, as long as you still have at least 72hrs to your interview you should be fine. Print a new appointment confirmation and then add to the new DS160 Confirmation page. Shikena!

Hopefully we don’t begin to do a back and forth on this here again sha....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by liljboy10: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hi everyone ,
I have plans of going to the USA this summer for vacation but during my trip I plan to visit a speech therapy center for my speech impediment.Should I add the speech therapy location among the places I will be visiting in the ds 160 application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
seyewest:

I believe they can go without saying you have an important meeting to attend and I think you can still reschedule another date instead of paying for another visa fees.
many thanks for these response,am in same situation but my concern is how do I reschedule only mine then avoid not cancelling everyone's appointment? please clarify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
You might be sent back; you better call them.[/quote]

Please kindly help me with the phone number.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
You might be sent back; you better call them.[/quote]

I wrote them a mail, and that was there response below. Please can someone interprete this. My old passport number is still in my confirmation appointment page. Though that was what I used in purchasing my visa fee before it got lost. Please I really need a response to this.

Your ustraveldocs.com inquiry Case-2019- 5658 Has Been Closed

support@ustraveldocs.com
To

Jan
Your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.

Date/Time Case Opened:
Description: GOOD DAY

PLEASE I WISH TO REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE TO UPDATE MY PASSPORT NUMBER ON MY PROFILE. MY OLD PASSPORT WAS LOST IN TRANSIT AND I WISH TO UPDATE THE NEW PASSPORT NUMBER OF THE NEW PASSPORT.

I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED A COPY OF MY NEW PASSPORT DATA-PAGE.

THANKS
Origin: Portal
Case Reason: Interview Appointment
Public Response: Dear Silin Uyeh

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to update your profile with your current passport number.

Please be informed that we are unable to make changes once the receipt has been associated to your profile.You may drop off your old and new passport together , along with your interview waiver confirmation letter in your chosen DHL branch.

In the future, you need to update your profile with the new details BEFORE scheduling an appointment or scheduling for interview waiver.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by folmus: 5:13am On Jan 20, 2019
Silin:

You might be sent back; you better call them.

Please kindly help me with the phone number.

Thank you.

call the call centre from 9am weekdays on +234 1 227 8955.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 6:53am On Jan 20, 2019
psalmie007:
Hello house, I just got over the trauma I experienced, so i came here to seek advice. early last year I had plans to travel to the states, a friend of mine introduced me to an agent, he told me the agent had done it for a lot of people successfully, so I paid him and he kick started the whole process. to cut the story short, this guy made some west African stamps on my passport and also put a fake SA visa on it, he lured me into believing the stamps/visa would go through and even told me they don't scrutinize the stamps cause they are always having lots of applicants to attend to within a short period. on getting there all hell broke lose, and I was interrogated by a white officer who said lots of things I can't even remember, so he gave me this letter which i attached to this post and told me my passport would be confiscated due to fake documents I used.
so my question is have I been banned from entering the USA? though I know I shouldn't even think of applying again in the nearest future.
I could have asked the man directly but I froze and couldn't even think of anything but to leave the place.

No reprimand please as I have learnt my lesson, a reasonable criticism and an appropriate advice would be appreciated.
no you can apply but first you have to contact the embassy about your experience and you where deceived by an agent .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hascome89(m): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Good morning gurus in the house, I have filled my ds160 form but I have not submit it, now I have been trying to retrieve and edit it so that I can submit it...... Please i need your assistance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Babyibi: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
hascome89:
Good morning gurus in the house, I have filled my ds160 form but I have not submit it, now I have been trying to retrieve and edit it so that I can submit it...... Please i need your assistance
If you can't retrieve it, just fill another.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hascome89(m): 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Babyibi:
If you can't retrieve it, just fill another.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
boladet:

Chinese garden?? That was it
grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Onwodi1:
i just finished writing gre and scored 312, kindly advise on next step to take securing student visa

There is a US Student Visa thread that could be of help. It's on the homepage of traveling section. I guess it will be of more help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Glink2018(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sparkle1515:
This is how you engage the VO ..very interesting

Congrats ma....
I'm having my interview very soon.
I learned something from your comments...
You only read the interview that are positive and I believe you prayed also....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Havre: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
As at yesterday and today, I saw Feb 26th for Lagos location
ntutu:
What is the latest date for appointment now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by awumen: 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
AZeD1:
Please has anyone here been able to reschedule a 221g appointment?
exactly my question,I did for me, wife and three children however I have official assignment on same date,can I reschedule mine, while wifey and kids alone go?do I cancel and reschedule all?how do I reschedule mine alone and not affect their date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ajihmaya(f): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

Please, i need urgent information about this. I have a friend over there in the USA, he is living alone. we discussed me coming down there and now he asked me to come down over there, he promises to buy a flight ticket for me and help me get a job.

Now i want to know what category of Visa i need to purchase base on going to work over there, how much the visa cost, and also any relevant information that will assist me to get through all this successfully.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kaampe1: 12:25am On Jan 21, 2019
Good day house, Pls I would like to know how good my chances are in getting a us visa. I want to apply soon. I actually want to take my children on a vacation. Ages 10,8 and 4months currently. I am a business owner and I earn an average of 1mil monthly. My husband is currently in the US (3months now) and will be back next month. I have no travel history but I choose us because most of the products I deal in I buy from there so this looks like a good opportunity to see new products and my daughters long dream is to visit Disney world and again is it better to get an invitation or should I just apply without. Your honest opinions will be appreciated. Thanks all
Kindly note that am sponsoring the vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gabrola: 3:50am On Jan 21, 2019
Hello my people, how are you all doing? Please, I have a few questions for you all. I want to attend a conference in the US, what documents do I need to apply aside from proof of funds? Do I need an official invitational letter from the conference or the email correspondence from the conference body would suffice? Thanks and God bless!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2019
liljboy10:
Hi everyone ,
I have plans of going to the USA this summer for vacation but during my trip I plan to visit a speech therapy center for my speech impediment.Should I add the speech therapy location among the places I will be visiting in the ds 160 application?
Yes

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2019
kaampe1:
Good day house, Pls I would like to know how good my chances are in getting a us visa. I want to apply soon. I actually want to take my children on a vacation. Ages 10,8 and 4months currently. I am a business owner and I earn an average of 1mil monthly. My husband is currently in the US (3months now) and will be back next month. I have no travel history but I choose us because most of the products I deal in I buy from there so this looks like a good opportunity to see new products and my daughters long dream is to visit Disney world and again is it better to get an invitation or should I just apply without. Your honest opinions will be appreciated. Thanks all
Let your husband come back first before you apply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by folmus: 6:40am On Jan 21, 2019
Let me drop my brief transcript quickly. I applied outside of Nigeria where I am a permanent resident. My appointment was 8:15am today. I thought it's the same way we do it in Nigeria. I left for the embassy and got to the check point at 7:05am. The armed security guys turned me back to park somewhere till 8:00am. At 8am I went again and was allowed in. I was expecting to see mammoth crowd typical of Nija but lo and behold. we are not up to 10 on the queue. Even Majority of us are non citizen but residents working here. I had visited the US in 2014 for a convention and am going again for the same. Below is the transcript, even shorter than the first visa I got in Lagos.

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: I would need to take your finger print ( I did both hands)

V.O: Can I see your previous passport.
Me: Sure( I gave him- he checked my previous US Visa and other expired visas and stamps. He checked my current one, saw my UK visa on it.)

V.O: You only visited the US once?

V.O: What do you do here?
Me: I am an ...............at the University of XYZ

V.O: So you are teaching .........at the University
V.O: Why are you going to the US now?
Me: I am attending the .............. Convention in Atlanta, Georgia

V.O: How many days will you be staying?
Me: 4 days
V.O: Just 4 days?
V.O: Your Visa is approved. Pick it up on so so day. He stamped the date on the token given to me when I entered the interview room.

Good luck to Naija applicants.

No document was requested just like my previous one.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2019
kaampe1:

Why is your husband in US for 3 months?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princess080: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2019
Good morning house, pls what are my chances traveling with my three children of ages 8,6 and 3 respectively. Am a widow working with d govt under d ministry of Education also d CEO of my late husband's coy which I over see after his death. After payment of workers salary I still have average money of 5-10million in d account depends on d contract we execute for a particular month. I have being to South Africa and Dubai strictly on buz trip. Now my children are on my neck to travel to either to Canada or US for summer. Pls should incase I start up d application is it advisable to submit two statement of account that's my coy owe and my salary account statement?? My late husband's immediate elder brother children are all schooling in US three of them, is it advisable to include them as part of relation in US cos they are still students and not even planning to see them cos is just on a short vacation I want to plan for cos of my buz I don't want any lapses. And wat are my chances of getting US Visa and Canada Visa b4 I start my application. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ajihmaya(f): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
ajihmaya:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please, i need urgent information about this. I have a friend over there in the USA, he is living alone. we discussed me coming down there and now he asked me to come down over there, he promises to buy a flight ticket for me and help me get a job.

Now i want to know what category of Visa i need to purchase base on going to work over there, how much the visa cost, and also any relevant information that will assist me to get through all this successfully.

Please Anyone with better info for me, it's really urgent for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.