Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170366 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:34am On Dec 17, 2017
smiley
Oluwanifemifola:
Does a mum need a letter of no objection from her husband when applying for visa for the kids. The mum has a visa and will be traveling with the kids. Their father will not be traveling with them due to his busy schedule. Does she need a letter of no objection from her husband?
No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2017
I NEED HELP AND INFO ON THESE -ladies and gentlemen in the house, please i need your help, we got a visa for 2 yrs, last december 2016, wifey was suppose to put to bed in the u.s,she was pregnant,we informed them and she couldnt travel due to one health drama or the other,she put to bed in 9ja. however i want to use the visa now but i intend to apply for my daughter (the new born) and including either my cousine who is with us or my brother, please advise if i need any letter from either of their parents to submit application or take to the embassy, we plan to travel in March 2018. we are going to newark, i will need the best/cheap airline advise and best airport to land to avoid any POE dramas
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 360command: 7:21am On Dec 17, 2017
xest:
Please I have interest of traveling to Yankee. My problem now is the method I can use to enter there that will be easier for me.

I have an uncle over there who have lived for 22 yrs. I want to get an invitation from him.

I also want to apply for a conference visa.

Please which will be better and easier for me?
with conference, it is a total waste of money, pls don't do it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 7:27am On Dec 17, 2017
360command:
with conference, it is a total waste of money, pls don't do it
WHY?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 360command: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2017
eyinola:
WHY?
on your own; OYO.. Sent by an organization, u might b lucky. Chances are slim though..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 360command: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2017
pstrings:

Yes I did
next time, say what you can proof and not what you can't..

Also, as a traveler you are meant to travel legit and not going to a country without passport.. Keep that in mind. that is where messed u up.. It means you can become illegal when giving the chance to travel to the USA.

I lived in ghana and I lived legit..my younger bro came visiting me in ghana.. And the moment came when my bro and I applied for a US visa..

I was asked what I do and where I have traveled to.. I made mention of studying ghana..

My younger bro was asked where he has traveled to, he said, ghana ; on a visit to see me.

I was scared earlier as he shud not ve said so but we where giving visa...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dephilosopher: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2017
Pls as I said earlier we will be having our interview soon as a family going on vacation. Its our first travel experience pls wat documents are we to take to the embassy on interview day. Thank u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2017
carnal:
I NEED HELP AND INFO ON THESE -ladies and gentlemen in the house, please i need your help, we got a visa for 2 yrs, last december 2016, wifey was suppose to put to bed in the u.s,she was pregnant,we informed them and she couldnt travel due to one health drama or the other,she put to bed in 9ja. however i want to use the visa now but i intend to apply for my daughter (the new born) and including either my cousine who is with us or my brother, please advise if i need any letter from either of their parents to submit application or take to the embassy, we plan to travel in March 2018. we are going to newark, i will need the best/cheap airline advise and best airport to land to avoid any POE dramas
If you are going to Newark then JFK will be the best bet for you. Poe stress less no idea. If you are on the path of honesty then any poe Is good.
If the people you want to travel with are minors then yes u need parental consent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluwanifemifola: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
[Thanks.
quote author=LadyGuinivere post=63351312] smiley
No [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
dephilosopher:
Pls as I said earlier we will be having our interview soon as a family going on vacation. Its our first travel experience pls wat documents are we to take to the embassy on interview day. Thank u all
1. Check the embassy website
2. Read this thread
The answers are contained therein
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaE3: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
seyewest:

After going through your post, there was a place they asked you if you're pregnant and you answered ''no'' and later you're talking about preparing to give birth in U.S even providing financial details... maybe it was a typo please reread your post. thanks.

I don't think it was a typo but she can also confirm . Because wen I went for my interview in 2016 I was asked if I was pregnant and even when I took my kids this year for deir interview I was also asked if I was preggy or will be seeking any medical care . Just to note the visas were granted on both occasions . Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
jayfierce:
Lol. Nor be only you the matter confuse. We've been analyzing everything and DW pointed out something I overlooked:

Oh I see

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
MamaE3:

I don't think it was a typo but she can also confirm . Because wen I went for my interview in 2016 I was asked if I was pregnant and even when I took my kids this year for deir interview I was also asked if I was preggy or will be seeking any medical care . Just to note the visas were granted on both occasions . Thanks

Yea she has clarified it... thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xest(m): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
seyewest:

When will you return abi nah to stay there
I go come bk na. Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
If you plan on going to Ghana to have a travel history, don't bother, its not necessary as people with no travel history have gotten. But if thats not the case, then no problem, I am not sure about the new visa procedures for Ghana.

keepinfaith:

i was looking online on google and saw an article saying Nigerians now need visa to go to Ghana?
please how true is this?
also can nigerians buy a one way ticket to Ghana or is a round trip ticket required?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If you plan on going to Ghana to have a travel history, don't bother, its not necessary as people with no travel history have gotten. But if thats not the case, then no problem, I am not sure about the new visa procedures for Ghana.

As at today Nigerians do not need visa to enter Ghana.. Your E-passport is enough.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fabyom: 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
@champora. Indeed we need thread on J1 visa. I too I got the opportunity to travel to the united state on an exchange program next year January for 6weeks. but my concern is the mandatory 2years home residence appearance after the program. I guess it will be easier going back after the 2years.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello fabyom -

Here is a thread in which I and other Consular Officers answer questions about F, M, and J visas.

https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Enjoy your program next month!

LagosNIV

fabyom:
@champora. Indeed we need thread on J1 visa. I too I got the opportunity to travel to the united state on an exchange program next year January for 6weeks. but my concern is the mandatory 2years home residence appearance after the program. I guess it will be easier going back after the 2years.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Finnest22: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
Good evening gurus in the house. Pls I have a question to ask; I have applied for a student visa in 2016 but was denied. Now I want to apply for a tourist visa to visit a sister. My question is, will I fill an entirely new DS160 form or will retrieve d one I used during my student visa application in 2016? Thanks for your anticipated responses .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
Finnest22:
Good evening gurus in the house. Pls I have a question to ask; I have applied for a student visa in 2016 but was denied. Now I want to apply for a tourist visa to visit a sister. My question is, will I fill an entirely new DS160 form or will retrieve d one I used during my student visa application in 2016? Thanks for your anticipated responses .
Fill a new DS160 form but use the same profile page you created on ustravelocs.com/ng to book interview appointment

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fabyom: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello fabyom -

Here is a thread in which I and other Consular Officers answer questions about F, M, and J visas.

https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Enjoy your program next month!

LagosNIV

thank you sir @ lagosNIV. Will definitely check the post
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by keepinfaith: 4:11am On Dec 18, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

i am not planning on going for travel history. I have been to all the aforementioned *visa difficult* countries but i have yet to visit Ghana.
I just want to know if Nigerians need a round trip ticket to go to Ghana.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by keepinfaith: 4:14am On Dec 18, 2017
seyewest:

As at today Nigerians do not need visa to enter Ghana.. Your E-passport is enough.

Thanks.
Do Nigerians need a round trip ticket to Ghana as well?
Or can i purchase a one way ticket and buy my return when i am ready to return?

Also how long can nigerians stay in Ghana for at a time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 4:46am On Dec 18, 2017
Hello guys, I need information on how my neighbor can update his profile for his new passport. He was refused U.S visa in 2015 with his old passport but now have a new passport. He has already completed his new DS 160 form and paid for the application fee with the new passport. He can't edit the old passport on his profile.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On Dec 18, 2017
Codeblues:
Hello guys, I need information on how my neighbor can update his profile for his new passport. He was refused U.S visa in 2015 with his old passport but now have a new passport. He has already completed his new DS 160 form and paid for the application fee with the new passport. He can't edit the old passport on his profile.

Thank you.
Write to the embassy in how
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Write to the embassy in how

send an email to the embassy with your email address and quote your old and new passport no., scan & attach your new passport to them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Codeblues:

Thank you.

send an email to the embassy with your email address and quote your old and new passport no., scan & attach your new passport to them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Codeblues(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2017
max1981:

Thank you and Lady G for the swift response. Is this the email address: LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2017
Codeblues:

Thank you and Lady G for the swift response. Is this the email address: LagosNIV@state.gov

Use a "feedback" section on your appointment page for faster response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Finnest22: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
Thanks for your response @ LegitbBachelor.
LegitBachelor:
Fill a new DS160 form but use the same profile page you created on ustravelocs.com/ng to book interview appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Champora: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2017
fabyom:

@fabyom congrats! You don't need to worry about the 2 year rule attached to the J-1 visa. I made a lot of enquiries about this because I'm about to get a b1/b2 visa. I traveled to Dakar this December which is just 4 months into my "2 year counting period."

From my questions to people who went for USG sponsored programs and from what I read online, the 2 year rule doesn't mean you can't get another non-immigrant visa to the US within 2 years. It just means you've got to spend at least 2 years in your resident country before thinking of getting a migrant visa (that's if you're thinking of getting one. Moreover, the 2 years also gives you a chance to give back to your community with all you've learned. It may not be that you've lived in Nigeria 2 years "at a stretch" but all in all, you've still got to complete a 2-year period

Lagos NIV or someone correct me if I'm wrong though. But this is the much I've come to understand about the J-1 and its 2 year rule.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mandy4life: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Good day, pls I really do want to enquire about US non immigrant visa appointment with the US embassy Nigeria, I applied for a US visa and after I input my bank receipt number, I was sent to dropbox confirmation letter, please I'm confused now because I can't get an MRV pin to schedule for an appointment, what can I do now about the dropbox issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.