Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174207 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
muskin:
Thank you all for your comments oo, Me sef don laf tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, anytime i think about it i just kept laughing.

Can i re-apply for Easter trip to go for clothes shopping(Easter sales)for my shop, cos i actually had plans to do the shopping if i had gone for the remembrance but unfortunately the visa was denied. Please i need your advice.

Thanks to all.

Remembrance, of that nature and relationship too? Tor.... But "cousin's wife brother" was even better na, "my in-law" serves the purpose better till you are probably asked more questions along that line.

And now, you are thinking of just "kukuma" going for shopping during Easter, abi? Issorai! Also, the post I'm seeing now is quite different from the earlier one. It is well with you and this "boju-boju style. Dazzol!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
Azeezatdami93:
Pls house i have a question.
I just realized that my passport will be expiring in 5month 2weeks to my intended travelling date.... I have my visa already though. Pls do you all knoe if the airline would take me, or i should try and renew my passport first. Was told express passpt would take a week to be ready in abeokuta. ...
N:B, will be spending just 2weeks in US...
Am i to go ahead for the renewal. Or i can still make it with my current passport status
Please renew your passport before going because your passport must have atleast 6month validity period at the point of entry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
muskin:
Thank you all for your comments oo, Me sef don laf tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, anytime i think about it i just kept laughing.

Can i re-apply for Easter trip to go for clothes shopping(Easter sales)for my shop, cos i actually had plans to do the shopping if i had gone for the remembrance but unfortunately the visa was denied. Please i need your advice.

Thanks to all.
By easter, what would be the material difference to your circumstances and ties? . Not your purpose of travel.
Answer that, then answer the question you asked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wealth4us: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi house,
Please, my wife has visa interview appointment for january 2018 in lagos. She has a PhD and she works as an academic advisor with one of the university distance learning centre. she has no travel experience before.

1. Please i will like to know which other documents apart from reverence letter from the university and her bank account statement she will need to bring along?

2. she's on a salary of N150k for now and she filled that she will be sponsoring herself though she have about N2m in account as she does a lot of other things by the side ( training, recruitments, etc for schools ).
(a) i will like to ask if she can join our company's account statement that has more funds ( she is a director and a signatory too) with her personal account statement?
(b) Does she have to come with data page of the company's CAC document showing her as a director?
(c) Do i have to write a letter of consent for her ?

3. The purpose of travelling is to spend easter (2 weeks) with her family while i and the kids (2 kids) will be going for the christmas holiday later in the year after their national exams (waec, neco, gce) as we want them to concentrate and pass their terminal exams once. she will stay back at christmas as she too will be having some professional exams to write too during the christmas period next year. How best does she explain this to the VO as i learnt that the question and answer time with VO is always very short. Is there any where on the form DS160 to explain this reason while we are not travelling as a family for easter?

4. Are there documents required of her to scanned and send to the consulate before the interview date?

5. Can the form ds160 be edited for correction as the current passport photograph she uploaded is not on white background?

Sorry for my many "novice" questions? Expecting your reply. Cheers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
BornAgainMay:

OK, I appreciate but another question is, should I tell them that I am a teacher in a school or I should upgrade my statue?
To be honest I don't think you have plan to return to Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
valentino81:

Lol....good observation boss! but i never thought of it that way and i was considering the cost of travelling with families and the weather condition for the kids.
how soon can i reapply and whats the moderation I need to make.
more observations are still welcome.
Try another country with your family..... forget about U.S for now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Please, I inherited a land from my father and he has no documents to show he owns those lands.. How do I present it as part of my ties?.

sorry it's not a tie....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:01am On Dec 21, 2017
MamaOO:

grin grin grin Your kind of VO o go harsh o, Lady General cheesy. The aunt sef no try, she allowed them go to the embassy with that kain story! Hian!
it's scary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:05am On Dec 21, 2017
wealth4us:
Hi house,
Please, my wife has visa interview appointment for january 2018 in lagos. She has a PhD and she works as an academic advisor with one of the university distance learning centre. she has no travel experience before.

1. Please i will like to know which other documents apart from reverence letter from the university and her bank account statement she will need to bring along?

2. she's on a salary of N150k for now and she filled that she will be sponsoring herself though she have about N2m in account as she does a lot of other things by the side ( training, recruitments, etc for schools ).
(a) i will like to ask if she can join our company's account statement that has more funds ( she is a director and a signatory too) with her personal account statement?
(b) Does she have to come with data page of the company's CAC document showing her as a director?
(c) Do i have to write a letter of consent for her ?

3. The purpose of travelling is to spend easter (2 weeks) with her family while i and the kids (2 kids) will be going for the christmas holiday later in the year after their national exams (waec, neco, gce) as we want them to concentrate and pass their terminal exams once. she will stay back at christmas as she too will be having some professional exams to write too during the christmas period next year. How best does she explain this to the VO as i learnt that the question and answer time with VO is always very short. Is there any where on the form DS160 to explain this reason while we are not travelling as a family for easter?

4. Are there documents required of her to scanned and send to the consulate before the interview date?

5. Can the form ds160 be edited for correction as the current passport photograph she uploaded is not on white background?

Sorry for my many "novice" questions? Expecting your reply. Cheers.
it's obvious you've not read any part of this thread... Please do it's important because we've answered most of this questions.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 1:08am On Dec 21, 2017
seyewest:

To be honest I don't think you have plan to return to Nigeria.

What made you think so?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 9jaStar: 5:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Like me.

I was issued a B1/B2 while my IR1 was processing

LagosNIV:
Hello Rol3nd -

Yes, it is possible to apply for a tourist visa while you have a pending K-1 fiance visa petition, or even a IR1/CR1 spouse visa petition pending.
The officer who interviews you on the application for the tourist visa will need to make a determination as to whether or not you intend to immigrate on the tourist visa you are applying for or not. Note that a fiance or a spouse in the US are very strong ties to the US, so you will need to have equally compelling ties to Nigeria to be issued the visa. That said, I have issued tourist visas to people who have pending immigrant visa petitions, so it is not impossible.

Regards,

LagosNIV
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayodeji2017: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2017
Noted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

What made you think so?
Because a struggling teacher. Struggling to raise and complete 700k wants to go and vacation.
To come back to what? The land with no papers?
Why do people post these scenarios?! So people can help you fine-tune your story? Kontinu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Because a struggling teacher. Struggling to raise and complete 700k wants to go and vacation.
Why do people post these scenarios?! So people can help you fine-tune your story? Kontinu!

Hehehe. But that's fallacy you know?
Vacation is not only made for Bankers or those big company workers, we should all have an equal share of the vacation na.

Beside, I am also a farmer and masters degree student.

Being the only son should av convinced you that I will definitely come back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Hehehe. But that's fallacy you know?
Vacation is not only made for Bankers or those big company workers, we should all have an equal share of the vacation na.

Beside, I am also a farmer and masters degree student.

Being the only son should av convinced you that I will definitely come back.
I think what LadyG and others are trying to say is that you could go on vacation to somewhere close by that wouldn't put much strain on your pocket.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wealth4us: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2017
seyewest:

it's obvious you've not read any part of this thread... Please do it's important because we've answered most of this questions.

Thanks for the reply. but unfortunately the links to the documents required posted on the first page which i copied below are no longer working.

For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

I will appreciate if the current links can be posted. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2017
jayfierce:
I think what LadyG and others are trying to say is that you could go on vacation to somewhere close by that wouldn't put much strain on your pocket.

I really need to go to USA
Like I said, 700k is not my budget but what I have in cash now.. I am budgeting 1.2m for it and I would take d opportunity to write TOFL within the period I will be staying there.

I can't stay in USA bro. Its Arab countries that turn me on.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Like I said, 700k is not my budget but what I have in cash now.. I am budgeting 1.2m for it and I would take d opportunity to write TOFL within the period I will be staying there.

And bla bla bla.... 1.2m may/should be able to go a long way to settling you in the Arab enclaves that turns you on. Abeg, sombori no just too get power for all this one as of now, abeg.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2017

I can't stay in USA bro. Its Arab countries that turn me

Now you are beginning to show your despiration.
You can write your TOEFL here in Nigeria. If I may ask, do you need TOEFL to study in Arabian countries that turns you on ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

You can actually write TOEFL in Dubai. From all you've said so far it would be a perfect vacation destination for you.

Except there's another reason why you really need to go to the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I tire oooo why will you want to spend all the 700k for vacation? e no make sense at all...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:16am On Dec 21, 2017
terrywales:

You can write your TOEFL here in Nigeria. If I may ask, do you need TOEFL to study in Arabian countries that turns you on ?

Turn me on... turn me on.... oya.... ''Reggae Style ya'' grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Thank you for showing your intent at least we can all conclude that you want to leave Nigeria by all means... if it's the arab country you want fine even if it's U.S just inform them of your intention to migrate and they will put you through... just be honest with them because they hate liars with passion.. they will show you how to go about immigrant visa. Good luck... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2017
jayfierce:
You can actually write TOEFL in Dubai. From all you've said so far it would be a perfect vacation destination for you.

Except there's another reason why you really need to go to the US.

So na only una wey get money dey go beta country go enjoy abi? grin

Nawa oo, I can't go to any other country for vacation except Amelica
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 10:57am On Dec 21, 2017
seyewest:

Thank you for showing your intent at least we can all conclude that you want to leave Nigeria by all means... if it's the arab country you want fine even if it's U.S just inform them of your intention to migrate and they will put you through... just be honest with them because they hate liars with passion.. they will show you how to go about immigrant visa. Good luck... grin

Ok, who wouldn't want to leave Nigeria by all means?

Even Buhari is giving different reasons to run away from Nigeria. If is not Medical leave, it will be meeting and all that.

But for me, I just want to go for vacation n come back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2017
terrywales:

No sir, To Teach in Arab, Bahrain precisely

I just need American experience as they are the highest paid.. I am not desperate though bcz I love my teaching job here and my masters degree program is still on going..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:21am On Dec 21, 2017
wealth4us:

Thanks for the reply. but unfortunately the links to the documents required posted on the first page which i copied below are no longer working.

For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

I will appreciate if the current links can be posted. Thanks
Thanks hun. Done
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samantha111: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2017
I was just issued my visa at the embassy in Abuja. I have been reading thos thread for over a year. Will come back to Share my transcript.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
BornAgainMay:

No sir, To Teach in Arab, Bahrain precisely

I just need American experience as they are the highest paid.. I am not desperate though bcz I love my teaching job here and my masters degree program is still on going..
So in essence, you are planning to teach in America and gain experience....
That's migration intention sir.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Samantha111:
I was just issued my visa at the embassy in Abuja. I have been reading thos thread for over a year. Will come back to Share my transcript.
Thank God... Finally someone from Abuja... Please shoot your shot as per transcript.... grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
sugah:

So in essence, you are planning to teach in America and gain experience....
That's migration intention sir.
Good luck!
He's just twisting and changing his story every 3 hours... I tire.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
seyewest:

Seyewest

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.