Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174159 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by valentino81(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good day Nlders, had my interview at Lagos embassy today. done biometrics but visa was denied by a male interviewer. He denied a guy on student visa who has been earlier denied as well and the guy shouted on him. next he pointed to me...

transcript below;

V.o...good morning

me...good morning

V.o...your documents (I passed them)

V.o...where are u going in u.s?

Me; Detroit, Michigan

V.o...whats happening there? (facing his computer typing typing...)

Me...I'm going for holiday vacation

V.o...who invited you?

Me...my brother-in-law (who's an Akata...i didnt say akata o)

V.o...what do you do?

Me...I own a printing and publishing company and run a poultry farm.

V.o...How many staffs do you have?

Me...10 staffs

V.o...which of your business give you more income?

Me...it varies depending on the season of each of the business. tried to explain further on festive season and lots more. ( he keep nodding and typing like kilode)

V.o...where does your wife work?

Me...she work at bla bla

V.o..children?

Me...Yes (2 kids)

V.o...where did you school?

Me...I mentioned my school that i filled in ds160 form...he nodded

V.o...have u travelled out of Nigeria?

Me...Yes

V.o...where? ( He flipped through my passport and i told him the visa is on my expired passport, tried tp bring it out he nodded No)

Me...South Africa

V.o...typed, sip whatever he has in his jug probably cofee...handed me blue paper!

N.B...in my ds160, i fill does not apply where they ask monthly income.
he didnt ask how many days i want to spend like i filled 12 days in my ds160

All discussions less than 2 minutes!

Gurus in the house, i need your observations and when next i can re apply.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blaqroy: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank u very much,I initially put his address as were I will be staying but getting hotel reservation too,how do I now explain when I'm been asked where I will be staying so I won't say different thing?? Thank u

Fyorgyn:

Personally, I'd be very very wary of staying with a stranger (a Facebook friend you've never met physically is a stranger in my opinion) in an unknown terrain. Maybe I've read and watched too many crime related programmes.

What if your friend turns out to be a psycho? If I were You, I'd definitely book (and intend to stay in) a hotel room and possibly save money for my ticket... so I'm not at anyone's mercy...

But that's Me!

And yes, the VO would like to know how you know this "friend"... and why he is paying so much for you to come see his country. You should be able to answer that question convincingly.

Na better friend you get grin
All the best

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by valentino81(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
To butress my point...i think the V.o were just denying pple for no reason, there was a lady who was previaously given a blue paper and she kept questioning the lady why she was refused, the V.o can't say anything and just ask her to bring back her passport and handed her a white paper for visa pick up....

So...this made people think they are just satisfying there own wish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
@velentono81....

To start with what date/month did you say you will be traveling for the vacation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by valentino81(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
terrywales:
@velentono81....

To start with what date/month did you say you will be traveling for the vacation?

i stated in my form that i will be travelling by 23rd of december and return 4th of January and has booked my appointment since October which the only closer date for interview then was today's date.

Thanks...expecting your points sir!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TTPEACE: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=valentino81 post=63429649]

i stated in my form that i will be travelling by 23rd of december and return 4th of January and has booked my appointment since October which the only closer date for interview then was today's date.

Thanks...expecting your points sir!
I believe no business man will want to travel during the peak period of his sales. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
@valentono81 ...

The kids are at home on holiday

We are in festive period ( Both Christmas and New year is coming )

This is the season when the sales of chicken and eggs are at its pick.

Now you decided to leave your family behind ( your beautiful wife and two lovely kids) to celebrate with your brother in-law and his family.
This singular act shows how much you value your family.

That is how white people reason. In everything family come first.

My little observation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by valentino81(m): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
terrywales:
@valentono81 ...

The kids are at home on holiday

We are in festive period ( Both Christmas and New year is coming )

This is the season when the sales of chicken and eggs are at its pick.

Now you decided to leave your family behind ( your beautiful wife and two lovely kids) to celebrate with your brother in-law and his family.
This singular act shows how much you value your family.

That is how white people reason. In everything family come first.

My little observation

Lol....good observation boss! but i never thought of it that way and i was considering the cost of travelling with families and the weather condition for the kids.
how soon can i reapply and whats the moderation I need to make.
more observations are still welcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fabyom: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
my interview is Thursday 11am and I will be coming from Ibadan that same day. pls how is the fuel situation in Lagos. I will leave Ibadan around 6-7a.m Sam day. I want to know if I will meet up. pls respond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mayowa94: 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
Champora:

@fabyom congrats! You don't need to worry about the 2 year rule attached to the J-1 visa. I made a lot of enquiries about this because I'm about to get a b1/b2 visa. I traveled to Dakar this December which is just 4 months into my "2 year counting period."

From my questions to people who went for USG sponsored programs and from what I read online, the 2 year rule doesn't mean you can't get another non-immigrant visa to the US within 2 years. It just means you've got to spend at least 2 years in your resident country before thinking of getting a migrant visa (that's if you're thinking of getting one. Moreover, the 2 years also gives you a chance to give back to your community with all you've learned. It may not be that you've lived in Nigeria 2 years "at a stretch" but all in all, you've still got to complete a 2-year period

Lagos NIV or someone correct me if I'm wrong though. But this is the much I've come to understand about the J-1 and its 2 year rule.
please check your pm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fabyom: 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
@champora, thank you so much. You are a life saver. @lagosNiv thank you too sir. waooo, I am so happy now

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
1. I think it maybe about your financial ability, why are you not travelling with family, do you make enough income from this business.
2. It could be a punitive measure, how did your brother-in-law and/or his wife enter the US? is your brother-in-law, a citizen?
3. Is this your first applying?
4. The business you are into, this is the season but I don't think this should make a difference, as you have workers working for you.
5. Maybe your business can't be easily verified e.g. a website, social media presence etc
My opinion.

valentino81:
Good day Nlders, had my interview at Lagos embassy today. done biometrics but visa was denied by a male interviewer. He denied a guy on student visa who has been earlier denied as well and the guy shouted on him. next he pointed to me...

transcript below;

V.o...good morning

me...good morning

V.o...your documents (I passed them)

Me; Detroit, Michigan

V.o...whats happening there? (facing his computer typing typing...)

Me...I'm going for holiday vacation

V.o...who invited you?

Me...my brother-in-law (who's an Akata...i didnt say akata o)

V.o...what do you do?

Me...I own a printing and publishing company and run a poultry farm.

V.o...How many staffs do you have?

Me...10 staffs

V.o...which of your business give you more income?

Me...it varies depending on the season of each of the business. tried to explain further on festive season and lots more. ( he keep nodding and typing like kilode)

V.o...where does your wife work?

Me...she work at bla bla

V.o..children?

Me...Yes (2 kids)

V.o...where did you school?

Me...I mentioned my school that i filled in ds160 form...he nodded

V.o...have u travelled out of Nigeria?

Me...Yes

V.o...where? ( He flipped through my passport and i told him the visa is on my expired passport, tried tp bring it out he nodded No)

Me...South Africa

V.o...typed, sip whatever he has in his jug probably cofee...handed me blue paper!

N.B...in my ds160, i fill does not apply where they ask monthly income.
he didnt ask how many days i want to spend like i filled 12 days in my ds160

All discussions less than 2 minutes!

Gurus in the house, i need your observations and when next i can re apply.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TTPEACE: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
fabyom:
my interview is Thursday 11am and I will be coming from Ibadan that same day. pls how is the fuel situation in Lagos. I will leave Ibadan around 6-7a.m Sam day. I want to know if I will meet up. pls respond

I will advice you, find somewhere to stay in Lagos on Wednesday night.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fabyom: 12:52am On Dec 20, 2017
@ttpeace thanks I have already done that. Leaving for lasgidi 2mrw
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Thank you so much I really appreciate

No, I do not think you need a fit to fly that early.

For majority of airlines the fit to fly is required from 28 weeks of pregnancy. I just checked BA,Turkish, Etihad, Emirates... all said you can travel without a report up to your 28th week. Qatar airways says you do not have to come with a doctors certificate (aka fit to fly) but it is recommended to prevent delays at the airport.

I had to travel a lot (locally and internationally) during my pregnancy and was hardly asked for a fit to fly. The only time I got asked for a fit to fly was a local Dana air flight as I was going into the plane sef and I was 30 weeks gone at the time.

To be double sure, Please check with your preferred airline.

My advise is- if you are one of those women who have huge pregnancies (i.e. you are 15weeks but looks like you are giving birth tomorrow smiley), then you may need the doctors letter to show the gestational age. If your belle no comot too much- i honestly do not think you need one.

Again, check with your preferred airline.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 5:46am On Dec 20, 2017
valentino81:

Lol....good observation boss! but i never thought of it that way and i was considering the cost of travelling with families and the weather condition for the kids.
how soon can i reapply and whats the moderation I need to make.
more observations are still welcome.
Why didn't your sister invite you and how did she get into US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2017
Pls house i have a question.
I just realized that my passport will be expiring in 5month 2weeks to my intended travelling date.... I have my visa already though. Pls do you all knoe if the airline would take me, or i should try and renew my passport first. Was told express passpt would take a week to be ready in abeokuta. ...
N:B, will be spending just 2weeks in US...
Am i to go ahead for the renewal. Or i can still make it with my current passport status
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
Please, I inherited a land from my father and he has no documents to show he owns those lands.. How do I present it as part of my ties?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temitayoolu(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2017

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temitayoolu(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2017

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
temitayoolu:

cc jayfierce LadyGuinivere

Wifey got her visa. I'm so happy I thank God.

Would share transcripts later.
Congratulations o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by muskin: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Thank you all for your comments oo, Me sef don laf tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, anytime i think about it i just kept laughing.

Can i re-apply for Easter trip to go for clothes shopping(Easter sales)for my shop, cos i actually had plans to do the shopping if i had gone for the remembrance but unfortunately the visa was denied. Please i need your advice.

Thanks to all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
temitayoolu:
Smiles over ma'am your visa has been approved...
Congrats grin

Modified: @temitayoolu I see from your posts that you know about ethical hacking. I like keeping people like you at arms length. cheesy

I cannot come and be working for years and someone will now send canker worm to devour my money. Especially when I pay tithe. Mba! . grin.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmmm @muskin ehhhh
First. Purpose of trip? Me sef go deny una right there. Burial remembrance. Think it. Was he your father? Were you there when he died? Shebi he was buried without any of you being around? Shebi he was Nigerian? The shebi plenty but lemme stop there.

2nd. 'Aunt's son's wife's brother. Jehovah. As I type this I still don't gerrit. Your aunty born boy. The boy marry wife. The brother of the wife, not even the wife wants to go for this same memorial. OK.

3rd . At this stage any reasonable VO would have reached a conclusion to deny you all out of vex. Even if any of your had an impressive travel history or great ties, it still would not have made much difference cos the story was too complex

Finally , the travel history wasnt that great. Your employment was doubtful. The other fellow is been sponsored. Why should he return.

Next time, make una separate unasef go.

Caveat:This is my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
muskin:

V.o...whats is the purpose of your trip? (facing her computer typing typing...)
us...To attend my aunt's late husband remembrance

V.o...Can you please tell me your relationships, i mean the three of u?
Me...here is my brother and (paused smiling cos i didn't really know what to say), then i responded my aunt's son's wife brother

V.o...Smiled and repeated 'aunt's son's wife brother' then she said Ok.

Me...i sell kiddies wear, blah blah blah, tried to explain further,looking straight in her eyes but still tired (She kept on nodding,smiling,looking back straight in my eyes and typing at the same time

V.o...kept on typing, looked up and smiled at us,sip the water she has in her bottle... continued typing while we wait for about 5mins for her response, then she said sorry u do not qualify for this visa at this time, pls reapply next time,u r welcome and handed us the white paper!
Us...thank u,collected the paper and left.
Honestly it seemed that the VO enjoyed the interview as did I. It's actually so comical. My Aunty's son wife brother. LMAO. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Honestly it seemed that the VO enjoyed the interview as did I. It's actually so comical. My Aunty's son wife brother. LMAO. cheesy cheesy
Nwanne eh!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
Just to say the colour of colour of the paper isn't relevant.

It has nothing to do with denial or approval

Seasons greetings All
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
muskin:
Good Day Nlders, My hubby and I had our interview last year June but we were denied. This year, My brothers and i planned travelling for my aunt's late husband remembrance, Dec 12th we had our interview at Abuja embassy but visa was denied by a black female interviewer....

transcript below;

V.o...good morning
us...good morning

V.o...your passports (I passed them)
Me... Laurel, Maryland

V.o...whats is the purpose of your trip? (facing her computer typing typing...)
us...To attend my aunt's late husband remembrance

V.o...Can you please tell me your relationships, i mean the three of u?
Me...here is my brother and (paused smiling cos i didn't really know what to say), then i responded my aunt's son's wife brother

V.o...Smiled and repeated 'aunt's son's wife brother' then she said Ok.

V.o...turned to my cosin's wife brother, she said let start from you, what do you do?
Him...I am an architect

V.o...describe ur duties
Him...he described his duties(She was nodding and typing)

V.o...and ur brother is sponsoring your trip.
Him...yes

V.o...are you married
Him...no

V.o...any travelling experience
Him...none(She said Ok and still typing)

V.o...turned to my brother, what do you do?
Him...I am an executive business development officer

V.o...describe ur duties
Him...he described his duties(She was still nodding and typing)

V.o...since how long have u been employed.
Him...five years
V.o...five years and u said u are an executive business development officer, is it a family business?
Him...no
V.o...Then how come in five years and u became an executive business development officer?
Him...Through my qualificaion and hardwork...
V.o...Okay, nodding and typing

V.o...then looked up smiling and asked, are you married?
Him...yes, happily married and just got married early this year

V.o..children?
Him...My wife is presently pregnant

V.o...any travelling experience
Him...yes(She said Ok and still typing)

V.o...where? (Not looking at the passport)
Him...Dubai and Porto Novo, Benin Republic(She said Ok,nodding and still typing)

V.o...Then turned to me,smiled and said last but not the least, what do you do?
Me...at that time, i was already getting tired and not sure of what to say, so i responded Self-employed.
V.o...I mean, what do u do or sell?
Me...i sell kiddies wear, blah blah blah, tried to explain further,looking straight in her eyes but still tired (She kept on nodding,smiling,looking back straight in my eyes and typing at the same time )

V.o...How long have u been selling?
Me...since last year

V.o...are you married?
Me...yes

Thank you.
Sir, if I were the VO, I would deny you too. First, who spends millions to go and attend a remembrance in the US? Remembrance o, not even the burial oo. Your profile screams intending immigrant, honestly.

Two: The part I bolded in green, aunt's son's wife brother. This person is barely even related to you, if he/she even counts as a relative in the first place. I honestly thought you could have even done without that piece of information you gave to the VO, it did you more harm than it did good. You can even see when the VO repeated what you told him/her and nodded OK. grin grin If I were at the embassy with during your interview, I would have laughed!! cheesy You even get mind to talk that kain thing. grin grin

Three: A Executive Business Development Officer in five years?? Idongerrit too.

All in all, I would advise you not to reapply because your chances of getting visa with this story is very very low, and changing your story after the initial story you just gave will just solidify your intending immigrant tag. Sorry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slymonster(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Please, I currently have 700k in my account and I am just a secondary school teacher, earning less than 100k per month, I do freelancing to make ends meet.

Now, I want to travel to the States for Tourism, it will be probably be by April next year and by then, my money would av increased above 700k

I have lands I inherited from my father and I am the only son.

How do I prove my ties to Nigeria with the above listed and what's my probability of getting the visa?

America embassy don't have time to know whats on your bank account or land for visit except for students visa. They can only ask you how much you earn
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
@mamaoo in fact if I'm the VO, anyone that aunt invites will be denied.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
MamaOO:

Sir, if I were the VO, I would deny you too. First, who spends millions to go and attend a remembrance in the US? Remembrance o, not even the burial oo. Your profile screams intending immigrant, honestly.

Two: The part I bolded in green, aunt's son's wife brother. This person is barely even related to you, if he/she even counts as a relative in the first place. I honestly thought you could have even done without that piece of information you gave to the VO, it did you more harm than it did good. You can even see when the VO repeated what you told him/her and nodded OK. grin grin If I were at the embassy with during your interview, I would have laughed!! cheesy You even get mind to talk that kain thing. grin grin

Three: A Executive Business Development Officer in five years?? Idongerrit too.

All in all, I would advise you not to reapply because your chances of getting visa with this story is very very low, and changing your story after the initial story you just gave will just solidify your intending immigrant tag. Sorry

Huh...believe or not most applicants lately no matter the category of visas they're applying for are intended immigrants to hopefully emigrate permanent to the US even if they say otherwise.

However, I don't blame some...the current situation in Nigeria is chasing them away and making people come up with all kind of ideas to fool the US visa officers for escape visas...lol!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@mamaoo in fact if I'm the VO, anyone that aunt invites will be denied.

grin grin grin Your kind of VO o go harsh o, Lady General cheesy. The aunt sef no try, she allowed them go to the embassy with that kain story! Hian!

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.