Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172613 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
queendoreez:

Can anyone answer my question please??
yes you can reschedule the date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tboii: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please when is the next available date for embassy interview ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adewakeup1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
Good day Gurus in the house, i have read this thread from part 1 gotten most questions on my mind attended to.

Unfortunately when i apply for NIV for my family, i did not know that i have to fill DS-160 for all family members, on interview date they said we have to go back and fill DS-160 for everyone, but someone said i can do mine and my family come back for theirs. so i went in for the interview alone and was denied.
I think the reason was that i did not clearly explain that my family will come back for their interview and that i'm not traveling alone.

Now my question is can i pay for a new visa fee (Mine only, as its only me that was denied) and schedule another interview with my wife and kids using there existing MRV.

Also, i have read that it is advisable to wait 90 days after a denial or till when ties/condition as improved. in my case, can i reapply immediately or its better to wait for 90days as it was DS-160 filling error that caused my refusal.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
queendoreez:

Can anyone answer my question please??
If your purpose of trip is in March and you then applybin October what do u think the vo will think?
Fill a fresh form.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
TWoods:

Other people call it a J.O.B.
I think he means a business idea...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Adewakeup1:
Good day Gurus in the house, i have read this thread from part 1 gotten most questions on my mind attended to.

Unfortunately when i apply for NIV for my family, i did not know that i have to fill DS-160 for all family members, on interview date they said we have to go back and fill DS-160 for everyone, but someone said i can do mine and my family come back for theirs. so i went in for the interview alone and was denied.

I think the reason was that i did not clearly explain that my family will come back for their interview and that i'm not traveling alone.

Now my question is can i pay for a new visa fee (Mine only, as its only me that was denied) and schedule another interview with my wife and kids using there existing MRV.

Also, i have read that it is advisable to wait 90 days after a denial or till when ties/condition as improved. in my case, can i reapply immediately or its better to wait for 90days as it was DS-160 filling error that caused my refusal.

Thanks.
if their MRV are still valid I think you can use it. fill another form for yourself and your fam and schedule another appointment.
you don't have to wait 90 days if you are sure you were unfairly denied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Saylawchar(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
Greetings LadyG and other gurus in the house,

I have this question, i was denied student visa twice sometimes year 2011 but then i was single and my explanation with the VOs were not really coherent which i believed occasioned my reasons for being refused. Now am married with a good job and i have a soon to be four year old boy, we want to go for vacation during next long holiday for just two weeks, pls do i need to register a new email address and also get a new DS 160 form and what else do i need to do? Hence, we have virgin passports.... Hope that wont be an issue?

Your response is highly needed, pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
Saylawchar:
Greetings LadyG and other gurus in the house,

I have this question, i was denied student visa twice sometimes year 2011 but then i was single and my explanation with the VOs were not really coherent which i believed occasioned my reasons for being refused. Now am married with a good job and i have a soon to be four year old boy, we want to go for vacation during next long holiday for just two weeks, pls do i need to register a new email address and also get a new DS 160 form and what else do i need to do? Hence, we have virgin passports.... Hope that wont be an issue?

Your response is highly needed, pls.
de
Uncle / aunty you are asked to reapply when your circumstances have changed. Self evaluate. Has it? Good . Next
Read the thread. People with virgin passports have they gotten visa? Good. Next
Yes you need to fill a new ds160 for each person and for every applicant.
Again read the thread or the website for what you may need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
hello house, can i use another email to fill my DS160 form since i have learnt that I can do it myself , the agent that filled my initial application has refused to give me the login to the email used and for the DS160,he said if I want to apply for anything i must come through him because their are some vital info in the mail which can not be released
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Saylawchar(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2018
Many thanks @LadyGuinivere,

pls can i use a new email address to fill DS 160/apply for the interview apart from the one i sometimes used when i was denied?

LadyGuinivere:
de
Uncle / aunty you are asked to reapply when your circumstances have changed. Self evaluate. Has it? Good . Next
Read the thread. People with virgin passports have they gotten visa? Good. Next
Yes you need to fill a new ds160 for each person and for every applicant.
Again read the thread or the website for what you may need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
hello house, can i use another email to fill my DS160 form since i have learnt that I can do it myself , the agent that filled my initial application has refused to give me the login to the email used and for the DS160,he said if I want to apply for anything i must come through him because their are some vital info in the mail which can not be released..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princessayot: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please i am travelling to see my fiance family over there and also attend a surprise birthday party for his brother..Any suggestions on how i can answer any question the VO throws at me?My fiance already has his visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osebaba123: 12:29am On Jan 15, 2018
many thanks to everyone who has asked questions and to everyone who has provided answers on this thread, your contributios helped my family to collect our visas on 2nd of this month. i have a virgin passport but my wife and son have travelled to south africa once.
this is how the interview went.

vo, good morning
we, good morning
vo, your passports
me, i gave him our passports
vo, where are going in the US
me, Alexandria in Virginia
vo, what are you going to do there
me, we are going for vacation
vo, how long is your vacation
me, 8days
vo, where are you working
me, am a farmer by profession, i own and manage my farm
vo, what is the name of your farm
me, my farm name is bla bla bla and located at ikorodu
vo, how long have u been farming
me, 7years
vo, what do you produce on your farm
me, am into pig and catfish farming
vo, how many pig do you have on your farm
me, 60 in all
vo, how many ponds do you have
me, 8 ponds
vo, the number of fish in the ponds
me, i didnt expect this question, i told him 10,000 pieces
vo, how much is your income in a month
me, #300,000
vo, where are you working
wife, i work in bla bla bla
vo, what is your position and duties
wife, am a bla bla and duties are bla bla bla
vo, how long have you been working in your company
wife, 11years
vo, your monthly income
wife, #462,230
vo, is the boy the only child you have (looking at my son)
wife, yes
vo, do you have family, friend or relation in the USA
wife, no
vo, have you ever travelled outside nigeria
wife, yes, i travelled with my son to southafrica for vacation in march 2016

the vo opened d passport one after the other to check the south africa visa, he typed on the system and brought out white paper and said they will text and mail us when the visa is ready. we have collected it since.

26 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:54am On Jan 15, 2018
Dollarpee49:
hello house, can i use another email to fill my DS160 form since i have learnt that I can do it myself , the agent that filled my initial application has refused to give me the login to the email used and for the DS160,he said if I want to apply for anything i must come through him because their are some vital info in the mail which can not be released
Yes you can
If u have issues logging in, write to the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by queendoreez(f): 5:55am On Jan 15, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

If your purpose of trip is in March and you then applybin October what do u think the vo will think?
Fill a fresh form.....

The purpose was for vacation, 2 weeks vacation, nothing serious.

But can i fill a new form without having to pay new visa fees?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by queendoreez(f): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2018
johnpoko:
yes you can reschedule the date.
Okay, thanks, i was considering.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obatity: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Goodmorning house,

Please I need your advise, I used to work with a private organisation when I applied and renewed my previous US visas. Now I need to renew my visa again since it has expired but am no longer working for the private company I used to work but doing my business with a registered company (mainly supplies). Please what do I fill for "Occupation" in ds160 form.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Yes you can If u have issues logging in, write to the embassy

thanks God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adewakeup1(m): 9:52am On Jan 15, 2018
iRyan:

if their MRV are still valid I think you can use it. fill another form for yourself and your fam and schedule another appointment.
you don't have to wait 90 days if you are sure you were unfairly denied

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2018
Adewakeup1:

Thanks

Your own interview, the transcript. Let's see.... Trying to see if the refusal is really connected to your thinking that you would have been granted the visa if you went in as a family or if you explained properly to the VO how this was actually a family application/vacation.

Actually wondering too how you got a thing as basic as filling separate DS160 forms for all members of your family wrong despite having read the thread all the way from part 1 though. Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2018
Can you prove this? just to be on the safe side, have the evidence(s).

Obatity:
Goodmorning house,

Please I need your advise, I used to work with a private organisation when I applied and renewed my previous US visas. Now I need to renew my visa again since it has expired but am no longer working for the private company I used to work but doing my business with a registered company (mainly supplies). Please what do I fill for "Occupation" in ds160 form.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kayvine4u: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2018
Hello house,

I have an issue and would want experts in d house to wade in.

My friend was issued a B2 visa last June but didn't travel till this January. She was supposed to be going for fertility treatment, which is what is told the entry officer at POE at d airport but they still denied her entry and cancelled her visa, saying dat she is lying and actually wants to come work, otherwise that why wld she want to stay for two months.

What are her chances of reapplying and how can we tackle this issue?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:16am On Jan 15, 2018
AMERICAN EMBASSY NABS FAKE NEUROLOGIST WITH FAKE DOCUMENTS

Officials of the United States of America Consulate General office in Victoria Island, Lagos have nabbed a man,Chukwukere Chinonye, 26 who claimed to be a Neurologist with the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, with fake documents to obtain a visa.

A Police source said that following the incident, the embassy officials notified the Commissioner of Police, CP in charge of the Police Special Fraud Unit, PSFU, Ikoyi, Ibrahim Lamorde of the development who immediately deployed a team led by ASP Lawal Audu to the embassy to arrest the suspect.

Other suspects arrested for allegedly conniving with Chinonye to procure the fake documents at Oluwole market, Lagos Island were Gabriel Ogbonna, 34 and Osinubi Aderinmola, 34.

The police source said that trouble started for Chinonye when he went to the United States Consulate General office, Victoria Island to summit documents comprising Fidelity Bank statement of accounts with No 6015400941 and LASUTH reference letter dated 13 November, 2017 to obtain United States Non Immigrant Visa knowing fully well that the documents were fake.

Nemesis, however, caught up with him when the officials, after perusing through the documents discovered that it was fake and his claims that he was a Neurologist was also fake and they invited the Police to arrest him.

During investigation, Chinoye allegedly confessed to the crime and named the other two suspects who allegedly helped him to procure the fake documents for N400,000 at Oluwole Market on Lagos Island.

He led the police to arrest the suspects who also allegedly confessed to the forgery and uttering of the documents.

The three suspects were arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court on a four-count charge of felony to wit,forgery, uttering and impersonation.

Police Counsel, Wewe Adegbayi informed the court in charge No G/3/2018 that the accused persons connived to forge traveling documents and presented same to the USA Embassy to secure a non immigrant visa and were arrested.

Adegbayi said that the offences committed were punishable under sections 409, 363(1), 464(1) and 378(1) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2011.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime and Magistrate, W.B Balogun admitted them to bail In the sum of N500,000 each with two sureties each in like sum.

Balogun adjourned the case till 21 February, 2018 for mention and ordered that the defendants be kept at Ikoyi Prison, till they perfect theit bail conditions

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:23am On Jan 15, 2018
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

My friend was issued a B2 visa last June but didn't travel till this January. She was supposed to be going for fertility treatment, which is what is told the entry officer at POE at d airport but they still denied her entry and cancelled her visa, saying dat she is lying and actually wants to come work, otherwise that why wld she want to stay for two months.

Why the delay in travel?
When did she tell say her travel date will be during her interview?
Was she still going for the fertility treatment?
If yes, was she having evidence on her to this effect when she arrived the US?
Why two months exactly and with what was she justifying this?
Did they check her stuff in the US before being denied entry and having visa cancelled?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obatity: 11:30am On Jan 15, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
Can you prove this? just to be on the safe side, have the evidence(s).

Yes, but what do I fill under "Occupation"? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Why the delay in travel?
Did they check her stuff in the US before being denied entry and having visa cancelled?
You asked all the right question bro and one more thing hope you have evidence of hospital appointment with you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kayvine4u: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
D delay was caused by her hubby who refused to go apply for his own visa, she eventually decided to go alone and go start her own treatment
She told them travel date wld be in august, but then tickets were ridiculously expensive and hubby kept promising to go apply for his own visa
Yes, she's been trying to conceive for abt 10yrs and was genuinely going for IVF treatment. And yes, she had evidence of all d hospital correspondences wit her, and had rescheduled her 1st appointment for this week.
Yes, she said they checked her hand luggage and didn't find anything incriminating. 2 mths becos she just assumed treatment wld take that long for d 1st stage.

Why the delay in travel?
Did they check her stuff in the US before being denied entry and having visa cancelled?[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kayvine4u: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
D delay was caused by her hubby who refused to go apply for his own visa, she eventually decided to go alone and go start her own treatment
She told them travel date wld be in august, but then tickets were ridiculously expensive and hubby kept promising to go apply for his own visa
Yes, she's been trying to conceive for abt 10yrs and was genuinely going for IVF treatment. And yes, she had evidence of all d hospital correspondences wit her, and had rescheduled her 1st appointment for this week.
Yes, she said they checked her hand luggage and didn't find anything incriminating. 2 mths becos she just assumed treatment wld take that long for d 1st stage.

Pls let me know how we can tackle this problem when reapplying. Im trying to assure her that she can get her visa again

Why the delay in travel?
Did they check her stuff in the US before being denied entry and having visa cancelled?[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
kayvine4u:
D delay was caused by her hubby who refused to go apply for his own visa , she eventually decided to go alone and go start her own treatment

Pls let me know how we can tackle this problem when reapplying. Im trying to assure her that she can get her visa again

Why the delay in travel?

Travelling for IVF alone without your husband or partner is already suspicious...more so when said husband does not yet have a visa.

Is her husband not going to fertilize her or is she getting a donor from a sperm bank?

Is there any other reason why her husband refused to apply for his visa?

Observations made without passing any judgement on the couple.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Obatity:
Goodmorning house,

Thank you.

Primary Occupation - BUSINESS

You will also have the option to fill in your previous work history so you can still put in the same information as previously when you get to this section.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
Dollarpee49:

Better run far away from this agent....is there anything on the DS160 you have that is not true...if everything is true, then you have nothing to worry about.

However, if there is even one misrepresentation, or error, or attempt to deceive or improvisation of non existent facts, this is your chance to make a clean break.

Prepare to forfeit whatever money you paid to Mr Agent and start the process all over again for a new appointment etc.

A DS-160 with false data will land you in serious trouble.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
1. Fertility treatment, without the sperm donor?
2. Fertility treatment, that can now be done in Nigeria?
3. Did she tell the VO, she was going for fertility treatment in the US?
4. If she was going for fertility treatment, why didn't she apply together with her husband and/or her husband apply and get a visa for this purpose.
5. These could be some of the reasoning of the CBP Officer.
6. Re-apply with your husband, and let the VO know that you both are going for fertility treatment in the US.

kayvine4u:
Hello house,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.