Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176342 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
jayfierce:
Speaking for myself, I have personal beef against agents. One of them scammed my sister-in-law of 500k many years ago. Hadn't come into her family then but I have added it to my beef list.

Most agents thrive on falsehood and sweet talking. They usually give the impression that your visa is assured and make you pay exorbitant amounts for this assurance. Assurance that is not backed up with action because the loss is borne by the client.

Most agents are just glorified gamblers.

lol @ adding to your beef list.

I like to get a lot of info as much as I can and compare notes. so I have talked to a lot of agents even though I know I won't be using their services. and I grill them. some of them say utter rubbish and some are quite sincere in their approach. so I wouldn't have a blanket beef list ontop all agents cheesy
surprisingly some do collect the bulk of the money only after visa is issued.

but I will agree with you that people are paying heavily for ignorance

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
Iyanu6000:
Good Evening All,

My Dad finally agreed we go on a vacation, he is a pharmacist, he works with the state government , been the head of his department, he hardly have time...Each time is on his leave, he will be called to resume back...It was so bad that when he wanted to travel to UK...he was granted the VISA but the work didn't allow him.

We are 4...I mean the children (I am 24..I am in 400L studying 5 years course, my sister is in 300L...she is 22 years...my brother just gained admission...he is 20 years and the last born (SS3) she is 16,...

My Mom is a fashion designer,....My dad want us to travel to the USA this year for vacation, he planned to stand on his ground that is going on vacation with his family as we have never had one before.

We all don't have travel history...please what is our chances of getting a visa approved....I don't know his salary but I know we are comfortable enough.

Your chance depends on how you all perform during the interview vis a vis what you fill on your ds160 forms. Just say it as it is.

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
gemcn:
But I will agree with you that people are paying heavily for ignorance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bradnat: 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
pls I applied for b1b2 last year and I was denied, then I wanted to visit Chicago and now I want to fill another form and choose new York.... hope this won't cause another deny ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mmasinachi88: 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thanks so much for your response
Ebie001:

I dont think it should, especially if all other documentation is correct. I mistakenly used my middle-name as my surname while booking my appointment too. I was able to go in
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by computerguru: 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Pls Which of the embassy is better ?Abuja or Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 2:04am On Jan 23, 2018
computerguru:
Pls Which of the embassy is better ?Abuja or Lagos

Both

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blaqroy: 9:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the house,my interview is coming up Thursday, I been following this forum for sometimes now
I have no travel history but I already have my Tanzania visa and my working experience is 1.5 years,and I'm single,my job pays me well,my company is the one paying my travel ticket as leave allowance, I intend spending 2 to 3 weeks, its b1b2,I have my hotel reservation details already and I still have a friend and his family over there who has been inviting me too....what are the chances brothers and sisters? I'm waiting for replies plz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GrammarCheck: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2018
TWoods:

There is no reason, in Nigeria, to qualify you for asylum.

Fulani herdsmen nko?

Shithole country nko grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Usmleapp1: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2018
Hello gurus. Please I need all the advice I can get. I'm a 25yr old medical student in the carribean and I'm going for my clinical rotations in Chicago in May 2018. I want to apply for my US visa in April 2018 at ABJ [ that's the nearest available date ]. I'm going for the interview with my mum and my little sister [ 15 yrs and in secondary school ]. My mum has a visa before but it's expired. She can do Dropbox but she thinks following me will boost each other's chances. I have a letter from my school stating I'm a student and will be undergoing rotations at that hospital and one from the hospital I'll be doing the rotations at showing my schedule and also the signed agreement between y university and the hospital. I also have my receipt of school fees. My dad is the sponsor. He's retired but has pension of 700k+ monthly. He's already has visa so he's not coming. I've been to UK once and have a valid 2 year UK visa. I've applied for US visa in 2015 with my mum and was denied. My mum got it. The lady didn't say why tho. I have an uncle in the us and that was filled in my first form in 2015. Mum has travelled to US once and Malaysia. Sister has no travel history. What are the possible questions we'll be asked based on this profile? And would they look at my documents from school? Should we still fill that I have an uncle this time around? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2018
What are ties to Nigeria and have your circumstances changed since then?

Bradnat:
pls I applied for b1b2 last year and I was denied, then I wanted to visit Chicago and now I want to fill another form and choose new York.... hope this won't cause another deny ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2018
blaqroy:
Hello gurus in the house,my interview is coming up Thursday, I been following this forum for sometimes now
I have no travel history but I already have my Tanzania visa and my working experience is 1.5 years,and I'm single,my job pays me well,my company is the one paying my travel ticket as leave allowance, I intend spending 2 to 3 weeks, its b1b2,I have my hotel reservation details already and I still have a friend and his family over there who has been inviting me too....what are the chances brothers and sisters? I'm waiting for replies plz

Build more ties.... Chances can't be clearly known nor clearly stated anyways.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ettolic: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2018
My interview went well at d Lagos embassy on Friday, though ive been a silent reader for a while now, and this thread have been very helpful . Thanks to all d ogas on top on this thread . Me and hubby has woke up as early as 4:00 in d morning cos we live far away to d embassy. D queue was very alarming, but to my greatest surprised it was fast moving. Sorry for d long epistle, my interview lasted less than 3 mins. Here is d transcript

Vo: good Moni
Me : Moni
Vo : Passport please

Me : I passed the passport to him

( I was a little bit nervous, he started to check my passport and type for few seconds, I use dat period to put myself together)

Vo sad looked up) why are u going to Florida

Me : I'm going on a vacation with my husband to mark our 8th years wedding anniversary which is April 29th and dat day happens to be my birthday and he as promised to give me a treat .

Vo : ( he nod and smile) did ur husband has a US Visa

Me : yes,

Vo: (wanted to say something but I cut in, knowing fully well what his next question will be)

Me : ... He traveled last year January for a training in Maryland and use dat opportunity to visit other places in d us

Vo : ( nod) how many kids do u av

Me : 3 wonderful daughters.

Vo : will they be going with u

Me : no, school will still be on session dat time

Vo : ( type for a while) where do u work

Me : I work with bleep company

Vo sad wants to say something)

Me : ....(cut in) as there logistics manager

Vo : type for a while, stretch his hand and hand over the white paper to me, sincerely I didn't hear every other thing he was saying.

I was extremely happy, just rush out wit my white paper to meet my hubby .

Note: pls don't be distracted by others interview, just be focus cos so many blue papers flying around dat day.
I was not asked my traveling experience, ( maybe he has already seen dat in my passport) or my job responsibilities . And make sure u fill ur form urself . We shall all av a good transcript to share in Jesus name.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Stanley897: 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2018
Congrats @ Ettolic , pls what's your travel experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
gemcn:

Just checked, march 12 is the next available date. but I read somewhere on here that you can request for an emergency date

modified.. I checked for lagos. don't have info about abuja
ok thank you sir.
do you know how i can check for abuja ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bradnat: 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
What are ties to Nigeria and have your circumstances changed since then?

I'm married with a son and I have two shop selling electronics in ibadan and ife
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2018
seyewest:
Feb 1st is available I think to end of the month.
thank you sir .
how do i check for the available dates before payig for my visa fee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bradnat: 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Bradnat:
OmoBendel24 pls say something
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HRprof: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
concho:
thank you sir .
how do i check for the available dates before payig for my visa fee

To see the available interview date. Login to your appointments profile you wil see the first available date, you can create profile if you don't have yet .....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
blaqroy:

I honestly think you are trying too hard.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zionbeatzinfo: 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello house, greetings to everyone here. I must say a good job you guys are doing here, please I need help regarding how to apply for a shanghai visa, the A-Z documents I will be need to apply for the visa. Please I really need your candid responds so as not to make a mistake thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sular123: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello house I'm a silent reader of this trending since last year and I have read from part 1 to 3 which I really benefited from and it's also gives me hope that if I go in for my interview I will surely come home with my visa which I did today at lagos embassy
here is how my interview went
it's a family interview with my daughter
we are interview by the guy in window 6 though he denied almost everybody before my turn and it takes like 45min before my turn

Vo: Good morning
me&wife: Good morning
me: told the vo that I stammer
vo: i can see that you are going for a vacation
me&wife: Yes
Vo: where are you doing
me: stockton California
vo: who do you know in California
me: my uncle stay there
vo: what do you do for a living
me: I'm a real estate consultant
vo: since when have you been working :
me: 5years ago
vo: where Did you school
me: In Nigeria
my wife: she said a marketing officer for a security company
Vo: what's your role in your company
my wife: she told him.........
vo: Have you travel has a family before
me&wife: Yes we went to Ghana for a cousin's wedding
vo: Next thing I'm sorry with blue paper I didn't even bother to listen to other explanation

NOTE: what I notice that VO Just decided not to give us because he didn't ask bout my company or my role and he didn't bother to ask how many staffs I control which I have 10staffs
likewise my wife too didn't ask bout her income who's earning 235,000
I have up too 13.1m in my account and even don't bother to ask
pls guru what can really caused the vo to denied us because he didn't ask us normal questions we are to be ask
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aspentrails96(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
My interview today, at USA consulate Lagos.
Window 6 white woman. 10am

Her: good morning Mister
me: good morning ma
her: please pass me your passport.
Me: i humbly passed it
HER:where are you to the USA?
Me: Boone, Colorado
her: where's Boone is in Colorado.
Me: pueblo county
her: is it in plain or mountain?
Me: mountain
her: okay, so what you going to do there.
Me: i am going for tourism and to visit a friend
her: have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: i've not tho.
Her: okay, are you single?
Me: yes ma
her: so what you do in Nigeria?
me: told her
her: how long have you been doing it?
Me: 3 years +
her: okay
typed like hell for over a minute and finally collect that blue paper, with my passport. I know what she's about to say, i bounced out immediately.

Window 7 and 8 guys were just denying anyhow.window 6 denied alot but gave a middle ages couple before me. All whites except window 9 woman, who was black American.

Thank you guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
1. Ahahahan. Is there anyone that travelled to any West African country and got a visa?
2. Know how the person you are going to visit, got into the US. Legally or illegally.
My opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Austyn8(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello everyone and good day. I am so new to naira land, a friend directed me here. I have someone over there in Virginia who wants to send me an invitation. I have never traveled, as a matter of fact, I just got my passport today. I don't know how to go about anything, I truly seek for help from you guys. I would like to know how the invitation letter should look like, what's the first step to take, my reason for going there is just for visit. Plz guys, how can you all be of help? Thanks in advance as I await your kind hearted advice...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aspentrails96(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
Austyn8:
Hello everyone and good day. I am so new to naira land, a friend directed me here. I have someone over there in Virginia who wants to send me an invitation. I have never traveled, as a matter of fact, I just got my passport today. I don't know how to go about anything, I truly seek for help from you guys. I would like to know how the invitation letter should look like, what's the first step to take, my reason for going there is just for visit. Plz guys, how can you all be of help? Thanks in advance as I await your kind hearted advice...
dude, my invitation letter and supporting documents from my sponsor(a white American) wasn't even damn checked. Those are rarely asked.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
Bradnat:
OmoBendel24 pls say something

Is your interview transcript available? Change of location in itself on surface may matter less or even matter nothing at all, but your transcript may just say otherwise too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Austyn8:

IV letter is almost not important nor needed. The zeal with which you got the passport should hopefully spur you on on what to do next. Just take out some good time and first read the this thread from page 0 to whatever page you will catch up with the thread, it will do you a lot of good and be of immense advantage if you do. There are yet other exciting and interesting parts to this thread, delve into them too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
1. Ahahahan. Is there anyone that travelled to any West African country and got a visa?
2. Know how the person you are going to visit, got into the US. Legally or illegally.
My opinion.

people with no travel history has been issued visa before and are still being issued visa till date, same goes for denials. this also includes people with travel history.

USA visa is looking more like a 50/50 thing, cos no one knows the exact criteria used.

I think there's a kind of profiling done based on the contents of the ds160 and a recommendation based on the profiling.

maybe what they just do at the interview is body language profiling, with the initial recommendations' from the ds160 in mind.

or maybe it's Just based on the mood of the VO cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Sular123:
Hello house I'm a silent reader of this trending since last year and I have read from part 1 to 3 which I really benefited from and it's also gives me hope that if I go in for my interview I will surely come home with my visa which I did today at lagos embassy
here is how my interview went
it's a family interview with my daughter
we are interview by the guy in window 6 though he denied almost everybody before my turn and it takes like 45min before my turn

Vo: Good morning
me&wife: Good morning
me: told the vo that I stammer
vo: i can see that you are going for a vacation
me&wife: Yes
Vo: where are you doing
me: stockton California
vo: who do you know in California
me: my uncle stay there
me: I'm a real estate consultant
vo: since when have you been working :
me: 5years ago
vo: where Did you school
me: In Nigeria
my wife: she said a marketing officer for a security company
Vo: what's your role in your company
my wife: she told him.........
vo: Have you travel has a family before
me&wife: Yes we went to Ghana for a cousin's wedding
vo: Next thing I'm sorry with blue paper I didn't even bother to listen to other explanation

NOTE: what I notice that VO Just decided not to give us because he didn't ask bout my company or my role and he didn't bother to ask how many staffs I control which I have 10staffs
likewise my wife too didn't ask bout her income who's earning 235,000
I have up too 13.1m in my account and even don't bother to ask
pls guru what can really caused the vo to denied us because he didn't ask us normal questions we are to be ask
Ummnm... U were asked EXACTLY the normal questions every one else is asked. U just feel he didn't ask the questions you wanted to hear.
If you have 13m then show them that by traveling to another (not Ghana or Dubai) country then reapply after a reasonable amount of time for example 6 months

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bradnat: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Is your interview transcript available? Change of location in itself on surface may matter less or even matter nothing at all, but your transcript may just say otherwise too....
okay bro, let me try

me: good morning sir
vo: morning, your passport
where are you going in America
me: Chicago
vo: what do you want to go and do in Chicago
me: vacation
vo: why Chicago
me: me friend just cme from the place and told me it was a nice place
vo: what do you do
me: I'm the ceo of ***** electronics
vo:do you have anybody in US
me:no
vo: I'm sorry you're not eligible
me: thanks

mistake I noticed
1, I didnt tell him more about my job
2, I didnt explain into details where I am going to
( my view)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.