Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174551 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
fifeayanfehanmi:
thanks everyone for all the inputs I got on this platform. I got my visa approved yesterday...virgin passport,single,no travel history and all the documents I went with were not even checked.I have been following this thread for over 3months.had to start reading from part 1, to part 2 and part 3.first time commenting.
congratulations ooo

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Armadaij(m): 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
I have been a silent reader (a member of the silent readers association of this group you'll say) since about 3 months ago. I took my time to skim through part 1, read part 2 into detail and I've been following part 3 so religiously.

Our Interview (I, Darling Wife & Son) went for our interview yesterday at 7:30AM and below is the transcript:

VO: Good morning

I and DWF: Good morning (together, smiling)

Me: Carried our son in a carrier. He had slept off while waiting on the queue for fingerprint capture having gone through the preliminary clearance

VO: Passports please

Me: Gave him.

VO: why are you going to the US?

Me: We are going to Houston Texas for family vacation and to visit my brother who tried to attend our wedding in October 2015 but couldn't make it due to his intense work schedule at the firm he was working with at the time. We have also been wanting to take the vacation and visit on his request since then but our work schedule and our inability to synchronise our leave wouldn't allow us

VO : (cuts in) how long are u going for?

Me: 14days.

VO: What do you do? (That was the VO's undoing....)

Me: I'm the Head of IT for blablabla managing the entire IT enterprise infrastructure across blablabla (mentioned all the regions my company covers) ......I oversee. ...bla bla bla (until the VO stopped me).....sincerely, I needed a stopping.

VO: How much is your salary? (Gbam!...another land mine just triggered by VO)

Me: I earn approximately blablabla, exclusive of revenue generated from the annual rentals of my real estate and also incomes from private IT consultancy to SME's
All the while, DWF was smiling and looking straight into the VO's eyes.

VO : Madam, what do you do?

DWF: I'm an assistant manager, sales in an IT sales and solutions company, blablabla....... I build and maintain close relationship btw blablabla... and her customers in particular sectors like blablabla and blablabla, till VO stopped her.

VO: (to me), tell me about IT Infrastructure. ....(inadvertently unleashed the dragon) that was how I went on a roll.....when I join blablabla....there was nothing like structure as the entire network was on a WORKGROUP, So I commenced the design of a full fledge domain infrastructure, implemented on blablabla Server blablabla R2 Datacenter Edition mounted on blablabla Server Machine and hosting over 7 VMs representing core services delivered on the infrastructure....... VO couldn't help but smile through my long epistle until and had to stop me after a while.

VO: How long have you worked for?

Me: I'll be 7 years by February ending

VO: you madam (to DWF)

DWF: I'll be 7 by April ending

VO: Have you travelled before ?

Me and DWF at the same time: Yes.

VO: Flips through my passport rapidly

Me: Given my job role, I have travelled between Nigeria and Ghana multiple times...while at it, I noticed he was trying to check through DWF's passport and taking I initiative, I immediately said - - you may want to see this (passing DWF's old passport containing her trip to Ghana in 2011 to him)

VO: Flips through the passport, checking the entry and exit stamps seems to be amused about the Bank's stamp of the $ amount of PTA purchased for the trip at the time, smiles and returned it to me.

VO: Do you have any other child or children?

DWF and I : No, he's only 8 months, DWF added.

VO: Went back to his computer and started typing away as if he was on a hacking adventure......and the typing continued like it was going to be for eternity only for him to lift his head after about 2 minutes beaming with smile and the magic sentence spilled from his mouth......Your VISA has been approved! ("Gbam!!!" - not part of the sentence).

DFW just packed all we had resting on the platform and didn't wait to hear the rest.

My hand of its own accord outstretched to collect the white paper whilst I managed to mutter the words "Have a nice day and happy new year"

I practically floated on air out of the building.

Rushed to catch up with DFW and told her to keep a straight face because I wasn't ready to give shishi to no security. One even tried asking how it went, we just walked past completely hushed.

NB:

I was denied F1 back in July 2006 for not having enough tie and went ahead to study an almost identical course in the University here in Nigeria.

I have since been working after graduation.

Went to the embassy with, introductory letter from office, salary breakdown, statement of accounts - DWF's and mine, Properties documents, training and school certificates but not a single document was checked.

Elder brother is a citizen while younger sister (non-immigrant) is presently attending a University for Masters

I need to thank the brains behind this platform immensely for ensuring the sustainability of the platform and standing resolute in the face of all sorts of insults and castigation.

The advices that everyone brings to bare is unquantifiable and may the FORCE reward each and all accordingly.

I wish intending applicants and those reapplying good luck

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
Armadaij:
I have been a silent reader (a member of the silent readers association of this group you'll say) since about 3 months ago. I took my time to skim through part 1, read part 2 into detail and I've been following part 3 so religiously.

Our Interview (I, Darling Wife & Son) went for our interview yesterday at 7:30AM and below is the transcript:

I need to thank the brains behind this platform immensely for ensuring the sustainability of the platform and standing resolute in the face of all sorts of insults and castigation.

The advices that everyone brings to bare is unquantifiable and may the FORCE reward each and all accordingly.

Congrats... Which of the Embassy?
Thank you for the prayer it is needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Armadaij(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
seyewest:

Congrats... Which of the Embassy?
Thank you for the prayer it is needed.

Lagos (Walter Carrington)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:00am On Jan 20, 2018
Armadaij:

Lagos (Walter Carrington)

Congratulations.... And you write a whole lot well too, for me! Have a great and fun filled trip.

Would have loved to ask something about the PTA part, but I think I will pass. Regards....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 12:29am On Jan 20, 2018
Armadaij:

Me: Carried our son in a carrier. He had slept off while waiting on the queue for fingerprint capture having gone through the preliminary clearance

Me: We are going to Houston Texas for family vacation and to visit my brother who tried to attend our wedding in October 2015 but couldn't make it due to his intense work schedule at the firm he was working with at the time. We have also been wanting to take the vacation and visit on his request since then but our work schedule and our inability to synchronise our leave wouldn't allow us

Me: I'm the Head of IT for blablabla managing the entire IT enterprise infrastructure across blablabla (mentioned all the regions my company covers) ......I oversee. ...bla bla bla (until the VO stopped me).....sincerely, I needed a stopping.

Me: I earn approximately blablabla, exclusive of revenue generated from the annual rentals of my real estate and also incomes from private IT consultancy to SME's

DWF: I'm an assistant manager, sales in an IT sales and solutions company, blablabla....... I build and maintain close relationship btw blablabla... and her customers in particular sectors like blablabla and blablabla, till VO stopped her.

VO: (to me), tell me about IT Infrastructure. ....(inadvertently unleashed the dragon) that was how I went on a roll.....when I join blablabla....there was nothing like structure as the entire network was on a WORKGROUP, So I commenced the design of a full fledge domain infrastructure, implemented on blablabla Server blablabla R2 Datacenter Edition mounted on blablabla Server Machine and hosting over 7 VMs representing core services delivered on the infrastructure....... VO couldn't help but smile through my long epistle until and had to stop me after a while.

Me: Given my job role, I have travelled between Nigeria and Ghana multiple times...while at it, I noticed he was trying to check through DWF's passport and taking I initiative, I immediately said - - you may want to see this (passing DWF's old passport containing her trip to Ghana in 2011 to him)

VO: Flips through the passport, checking the entry and exit stamps seems to be amused about the Bank's stamp of the $ amount of PTA purchased for the trip at the time, smiles and returned it to me.

VO: Went back to his computer and started typing away as if he was on a hacking adventure......and the typing continued like it was going to be for eternity only for him to lift his head after about 2 minutes beaming with smile and the magic sentence spilled from his mouth......Your VISA has been approved! ("Gbam!!!" - not part of the sentence).

DFW just packed all we had resting on the platform and didn't wait to hear the rest.

My hand of its own accord outstretched to collect the white paper whilst I managed to mutter the words "Have a nice day and happy new year"

Rushed to catch up with DFW and told her to keep a straight face because I wasn't ready to give shishi to no security. One even tried asking how it went, we just walked past completely hushed.

NB:

I was denied F1 back in July 2006 for not having enough tie and went ahead to study an almost identical course in the University here in Nigeria.

Went to the embassy with, introductory letter from office, salary breakdown, statement of accounts - DWF's and mine, Properties documents, training and school certificates but not a single document was checked.

Elder brother is a citizen while younger sister (non-immigrant) is presently attending a University for Masters

Yeye boy. see you don run come here. hahahhhaa. I think i should officially report you to HR. Remember when server go dey down you dey busy dey read this thread for office grin grin grin grin evil child. Anyway i am really happy this paid off. phew. yet you find it HARD to respect me. Kilode. You are very rude sha.

Congrats, I still hate you.

People, when you ask questions and we say go and read from the start, it´s not to punish you. Its basically to make you have full understanding of how that very questions have been answered before.

Again take your time to read. there is no rush.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amybest123: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2018
Hi my good people. Never new a forum of this nature exists and I've been cracking my brain like....�
Pls I need ur assistance on how to apply for b1/b2 visa for my 12yr old son. I have a valid b1/b2 visa and have travelled to the US 5times. I'd want to take my son with me on my next trip.

My questions are:
1. What are the required documents that may be required?
2. What are the expected questions for him/me?
3. What are his chances of getting the visa approval?

NB: He has other younger siblings who are not going with us. Note also that his father is late and I'd be going with his death cert.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teeboy22(m): 1:39am On Jan 20, 2018
fifeayanfehanmi:
thanks everyone for all the inputs I got on this platform. I got my visa approved yesterday...virgin passport,single,no travel history and all the documents I went with were not even checked.I have been following this thread for over 3months.had to start reading from part 1, to part 2 and part 3.first time commenting.

Congrats oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teeboy22(m): 1:41am On Jan 20, 2018
tswise:

Woww.. Congratulations. Mine is next week. I pray for positive result like yours. Please share your transcript.

You'll get it in Jesus name.. #Favour
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JahProv1214: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2018
Sorry for the lost. You son need Birth Cerificate nothing more because his under age

ote author=Amybest123 post=64351861]Hi my good people. Never new a forum of this nature exists and I've been cracking my brain like....�
Pls I need ur assistance on how to apply for b1/b2 visa for my 12yr old son. I have a valid b1/b2 visa and have travelled to the US 5times. I'd want to take my son with me on my next trip.

My questions are:

NB: He has other younger siblings who are not going with us. Note also that his father is late and I'd be going with his death cert.
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2018
Dropbox submitted by 11am 17th and its ready for pickup by 5:30pm 19th...that was quick!
I hope they work on Saturdays...DHL dropbox section that is.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amybest123: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=JahProv1214 post=64353231]Sorry for the lost. You son need Birth Cerificate nothing more because his under age

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Armadaij(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Congratulations.... And you write a whole lot well too, for me! Have a great and fun filled trip.

Would have loved to ask something about the PTA part, but I think I will pass. Regards....

Thank you very much. It wouldn't have looked that easy but for people like you on this great platform.

Thank you once again and we'll definitely have a fabulous time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Armadaij(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2018
coldsummer:

Yeye boy. see you don run come here. hahahhhaa. I think i should officially report you to HR. Remember when server go dey down you dey busy dey read this thread for office grin grin grin grin evil child. Anyway i am really happy this paid off. phew. yet you find it HARD to respect me. Kilode. You are very rude sha.

Congrats, I still hate you.

People, when you ask questions and we say go and read from the start, it´s not to punish you. Its basically to make you have full understanding of how that very questions have been answered before.

Again take your time to read. there is no rush.

Pikin, you need to respect constituted authority.....lol

Remember when we joked that you can never be too prepared. Hard work really pays.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princessayot: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
Please who has an idea what dates are currently available for appointment??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoluabiBigsam: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
Please I need urgent advise.
I applied to attend a seminar in Las Vegas but could not make it in December due to work pressure.
Now, I am set to attend another in Atlanta organised by same Establishment but different subject matter.
Someone said I must first visit the location or state indicated in my visa application?
Pls advise urgently.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Armadaij:

Congratulation to you guys

NB:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bigdhemmy: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good day to all the generals in here.I have been a silent reader for about 7 months.

Very many thanks for all the advise and guidance. Well done.

Posting here for the first time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
OmoluabiBigsam:
Please I need urgent advise.
I applied to attend a seminar in Las Vegas but could not make it in December due to work pressure.
Now, I am set to attend another in Atlanta organised by same Establishment but different subject matter.
Someone said I must first visit the location or state indicated in my visa application?
Pls advise urgently.
Did you get the visa from the las Vegas conference application? Is there an annotation on the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
kindly give me your perspectives on this...

my wife is 3 month pregnant and we plan on going for family vacation in April with our daughter. we do not intend to give birth in USA cos its not currently in our budget.

so we want to apply for a vacation visa. we do have people we know in USA, but just intends to stay in hotel for the duration of the vacation.

now my question is this....

1. do we need to declare my wife is pregnant at the interview even if we are not asked? because I am suspecting my April, when we intend to travel, the pregnancy will obviously be showing, which may arouse suspicions at the POE even though she will not be due till 3 months time after the intended travel date and we are spending just 2 weeks in the USA for vacation.

2. I see they keep asking applicants if they know anyone in the USA. is it OK to say no, since we are staying in hotel and not applying based on an invitation from anyone?

3. or would it be better to plan financially towards giving birth in the USA by traveling much later and applying for a medical visa and view it as a sacrifice and birthday gift to our baby, I mean being a citizen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
I saw these not quite long

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
Amybest123:
Hi my good people. Never new a forum of this nature exists and I've been cracking my brain like....�

My questions are:

Please take your time to read part 1,2 and 3 of this thread, the answer to your question is therein.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dampop1: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
Wow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Iyanu6000: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
Good Evening All,

My Dad finally agreed we go on a vacation, he is a pharmacist, he works with the state government , been the head of his department, he hardly have time...Each time is on his leave, he will be called to resume back...It was so bad that when he wanted to travel to UK...he was granted the VISA but the work didn't allow him.

We are 4...I mean the children (I am 24..I am in 400L studying 5 years course, my sister is in 300L...she is 22 years...my brother just gained admission...he is 20 years and the last born (SS3) she is 16,...

My Mom is a fashion designer,....My dad want us to travel to the USA this year for vacation, he planned to stand on his ground that is going on vacation with his family as we have never had one before.

We all don't have travel history...please what is our chances of getting a visa approved....I don't know his salary but I know we are comfortable enough.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
Iyanu6000:
Good Evening All,

My Dad finally agreed we go on a vacation, he is a pharmacist, he works with the state government , been the head of his department, he hardly have time...Each time is on his leave, he will be called to resume back...It was so bad that when he wanted to travel to UK...he was granted the VISA but the work didn't allow him.

We all don't have travel history...please what is our chances of getting a visa approved....I don't know his salary but I know we are comfortable enough.

From a personal experience that happened to a colleague.. I will suggest you guys try Dubai before trying U.S my reason for saying this is that they may give dad,mom and your sibling below 17 the rest will be OYO.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
seyewest:

gemcn:
kindly give me your perspectives on this...

my wife is 3 month pregnant and we plan on going for family vacation in April with our daughter. we do not intend to give birth in USA cos its not currently in our budget.

so we want to apply for a vacation visa. we do have people we know in USA, but just intends to stay in hotel for the duration of the vacation.

now my question is this....

1. do we need to declare my wife is pregnant at the interview even if we are not asked? because I am suspecting my April, when we intend to travel, the pregnancy will obviously be showing, which may arouse suspicions at the POE even though she will not be due till 3 months time after the intended travel date and we are spending just 2 weeks in the USA for vacation.

2. I see they keep .....

any thoughts on this Sir?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
gemcn:

any thoughts on this Sir?
If you go through the 2nd and 3rd thread you will see an exact case like this.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by victory2017: 12:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Good evening my people, God bless you for your great assistance here. I am a silent reader and hv read part 1, part 2 now in part 3.

I will be going for my interview next month pls l need your view on this:. If the VO asked why are you going to the US? Can l answer this way: see below

I'm going on vacation to fulfill my promise of giving myself a special treat for my 40th birthday.

Note:. Clocked 40 last year October but work bottleneck & end of year prevented my leave approval. Also am married wt two children. Traveling alone.

@LadyGuinivere, Omobendel, Seyewest etc....

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 1:57am On Jan 21, 2018
seyewest:

If you go through the 2nd and 3rd thread you will see an exact case like this.....

I have gone through a larger part of the 1st and 2nd thread before coming to the part 3 which is this thread, searching for answers.

unfortunately, I did not come across the exact case you referenced, hence my reason for asking here. all the cases I came across were those that actually intended to go and give birth in the USA , but were asking if they could say otherwise at the interview since DW was not yet showing. or those seeking to adjust their intent after the fact, but still intend to give birth in the USA

what I am really asking is if it's safer to declare your pregnancy status to the VO at the interview even if you are not asked in the spirit of full disclosure and you don't intend to give birth in USA , and what are the chances that a visibly pregnant woman on vacation will be sent back at POE even if she has earlier declared her status to the VO.

would be grateful if you direct me to the case or if you can share some insights here with me.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2018
Gemcn
If you are absolutely sure you do not intend to give birth in the US, then one way to go about it is declaring your pregnancy at the interview and insisting you do not plan to give birth...for good measure you can tell the VO to make a note on the transcript saying you voluntarily declared your pregnancy but do not wish to birth with the visa.

Another option is planning the vacation for after your baby arrives.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gemcn: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2018
sugah:
Gemcn
If you are absolutely sure you do not intend to give birth in the US, then one way to go about it is declaring your pregnancy at the interview and insisting you do not plan to give birth...for good measure you can tell the VO to make a note on the transcript saying you voluntarily declared your pregnancy but do not wish to birth with the visa.

Another option is planning the vacation for after your baby arrives.

this makes sense. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
victory2017:

Good evening my people, God bless you for your great assistance here. I am a silent reader and hv read part 1, part 2 now in part 3.

I will be going for my interview next month pls l need your view on this:. If the VO asked why are you going to the US? Can l answer this way: see below

I'm going on vacation to fulfill my promise of giving myself a special treat for my 40th birthday.

Note:. Clocked 40 last year October but work bottleneck & end of year prevented my leave approval. Also am married wt two children. Traveling alone.

@LadyGuinivere, Omobendel, Seyewest etc....

Thank you.

Do you have travel history?
What's your work history/duration?

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.