Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. (4004 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / Where Do You Think One Goes After Death (PICTURES) / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by AHCB: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Seun:

Simple: where did you come from when you were conceived?
I don't know.
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
cloudgoddess:

Any reward or punishment we humans may ever experience, will only take place between birth and death. Once we die, both the most sinister criminal, and the most kind-hearted innocent, will share the same fate. Our bodies and brains, entirely composed of various atoms and molecules, will decompose. Through this process of decomposition, those atoms that once made "us", will go on to nourish other organisms, continuing this ongoing cycle of life which began far before any of us were born, and will continue far after we pass away.

No one has to worry about eternal torture. Eternal paradise is also a fantasy. Enjoy life, do well onto others, and tap into the richest fruits of human existence you are able to access. Become the type of person you wish you could be best friends with. Learn about the world, learn to meditate and break through any conditioning that may be holding you back from inner peace and joy. Make peace with the circle of life. Don't waste this precious opportunity of existence.
Every good deed even small as an atom will be rewarded and every evil deed even small as an atom will not go unpunished
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Ranchhoddas: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
cloudgoddess:

You believe in an afterlife?
I believe we came from somewhere/something/someone. I think the plethora of religions and belief systems over the ages are attempts my man to connect to this Source.
I also think there is a reward and punishment system based on our deeds while on earth but it isn't as religions have described it.

My views on religions and the afterlife are constantly evolving and I think this is where I'm at right now.

I admit to my chagrin that the book "Our Ultimate Reality" by Adrian Cooper has affected my views in the past few months so I am looking at things differently these days.

I am still evolving though so I might tell you something different tomorrow.

It's good to read from you again.
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by donnffd(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2017
KardinalZik:
ETERNITY IS REAL!

Heaven is Real!!

Hell is Real!!!

How do you know they are real?
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by donnffd(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Eternity is real.There's life after death.

And you know because
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by NPComplete: 11:37am On Oct 16, 2017
Seun:

Did you experience any life before you were conceived in you mother's womb? If not, there's no good reason to expect life after death.

This is not a sound argument.

There are 2 strong reasons this argument is not very tenable:

1. The lack of experience of life before a mother's womb is not an evidence of lack of life before a mother's womb. It could be that we existed in a form or dimension our present 3D minds are incapable of assessing hence the appearance of lack of experience of life before the mother's womb. Proceeding along this line, death could be a sort of freedom from the limitations of our present form and enabling to continue gleaning our pre-corporeal existence. Hell it could even be like a Larva-pupa-butterfly life stages. Remember I said "could". Who knows?

2. Even if we concede there's no life before a mother's womb, that does not effectively preclude a life after death. Assuming all life begin during conception, there's no way to guarantee all life ends after death. Perhaps conception is the ingredient needed for the formation of the information our consciousness holds and such information must get transferred in one form or another after death. Perhaps our mind are effectively synchronized using some form of quantum entanglement to some distant part of the cosmos and death is just some form of quantum teleportation to those parts. Who knows?

1 Like

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
NPComplete:
1. The lack of experience of life before a mother's womb is not an evidence of lack of life before a mother's womb.
Agreed. My intention was to give those who are struggling to understand the idea of oblivion after death a way to wrap their minds around it. If you have no problem accepting that you didn't exist in any realm before you were born, the idea of not existing after death is not a stretch.

It could be that we existed in a form or dimension our present 3D minds are incapable of assessing hence the appearance of lack of experience of life before the mother's womb. Proceeding along this line, death could be a sort of freedom from the limitations of our present form and enabling to continue gleaning our pre-corporeal existence. Hell it could even be like a Larva-pupa-butterfly life stages. Remember I said "could". Who knows?
I can't help but notice that you seem to have no problem "assessing" these "possibilities" with your "3D mind", so that's a poor excuse.

2. Even if we concede there's no life before a mother's womb, that does not effectively preclude a life after death. Assuming all life begin during conception, there's no way to guarantee all life ends after death. Perhaps conception is the ingredient needed for the formation of the information our consciousness holds and such information must get transferred in one form or another after death. Perhaps our mind are effectively synchronised using some form of quantum entanglement to some distant part of the cosmos and death is just some form of quantum teleportation to those parts. Who knows?
Oblivion after death seems more likely. Even the Jews, who wrote Genesis, believe(d) this: "dust you are, and to dust you shall return". [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor]Occam's razor[/url] suggests that the simplest plausible explanation for a phenomenon - oblivion in this case - is likely to be the correct one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Dboy55(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Did you create yourself? Does a clay tells the potter what to do?. It's my earnest prayer that you experience near death then you would understand better.
So to have experience NDE?,how was it.
Maybe you should tell us about it .
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by spartan117(m): 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:

Did you experience any life before you were conceived in you mother's womb? If not, there's no good reason to expect life after death.
God said to one of his prophets in the old testament "before you were formed in your mothers womb I knew you and I ordained you a prophet"

you cannot know someone who doesn't exist so a simple deduction is that we existed before we came to this world
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by dvaliant: 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
Then what's the purpose of life if it is devoid of all these as you all claim?
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Seun(m): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
dvaliant:
Then what's the purpose of life if it is devoid of all these as you all claim?
Life is to be enjoyed. In addition to this, you can give your life any purpose that appeals to you. Some people want to cure cancer or learn the secrets of the universe, Others want to be famous and touch peoples hearts through music and other arts. Others just want to get married and raise happy kids and grandkids. Our purpose is not imposed on us. We get to choose what we want to dedicate our lives to. What we enjoy. What we consider to be important. What we are naturally good at. Whatever appeals to us.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by spacyzuma(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
True. Though I think those are mainly microscopic, individualistic goals and purposes.

I like to think that, as a collective species, mankind's ultimate purpose is...not just to survive (like all other forms of known life) but to continue learning more until we master all forms of energy and matter.

1 Like

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by MuttleyLaff: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
Seun:
Life is to be enjoyed.
In addition to this, you can give your life any purpose that appeals to you.
Some people want to cure cancer or learn the secrets of the universe,
Others want to be famous and touch peoples hearts through music and other arts.
Others just want to get married and raise happy kids and grandkids.
Our purpose is not imposed on us.
We get to choose what we want to dedicate our lives to. What we enjoy. What we consider to be important.
What we are naturally good at. Whatever appeals to us.
You touched only one side of the appeal spectrum

We cant do whatever we like because whatever it is we like, appeals to us
What about if whatever it is we like to do, isn't necessarily healthy to the body, mind, soul, neigbour or at large, Joe Public?
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Seun(m): 9:39am On Feb 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You touched only one side of the appeal spectrum

We cant do whatever we like because whatever it is we like, appeals to us
What about if whatever it is we like to do, isn't necessarily healthy to the body, mind, soul, neigbour or at large, Joe Public?
That’s one of the functions of government. To discourage people from doing things which are harmful to others, such as murder, rape, theft, fraud, and drunk driving, and lock up the people who still choose to do those things. The vast majority of people are decent and the things they wish to dedicate their lives to are harmless and often very noble.

Religion is no substitute for a good government. Bad people don’t fear the afterlife nearly as much as they fear being punctured by bullets or jailed. If our government is not effective, the solution is not prayer. The solution is to put pressure on them until they improve (activism) and also vote intelligently. That’s how the secularly governed western countries we all wish to emigrate to got to where they are today.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Babacele: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
seunmsg:

I endorse this message completely.
it is not totally true if God is just, and God is just.
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by theoriginalgood: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2018
Oh boy, let me tell you that hell is definitely for some. There’s evil in this world and there are those responsible for it. Who you ask? Humanity!

https://www.nairaland.com/4831069/truth-set-free-john-8
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by Babacele: 12:14am On Oct 21, 2019
cloudgoddess:

Any reward or punishment we humans may ever experience, will only take place between birth and death. Once we die, both the most sinister criminal, and the most kind-hearted innocent, will share the same fate. Our bodies and brains, entirely composed of various atoms and molecules, will decompose. Through this process of decomposition, those atoms that once made "us", will go on to nourish other organisms, continuing this ongoing cycle of life which began far before any of us were born, and will continue far after we pass away.

No one has to worry about eternal torture. Eternal paradise is also a fantasy. Enjoy life, do well onto others, and tap into the richest fruits of human existence you are able to access. Become the type of person you wish you could be best friends with. Learn about the world, learn to meditate and break through any conditioning that may be holding you back from inner peace and joy. Make peace with the circle of life. Don't waste this precious opportunity of existence.
hmmm so it seems but is it true?
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by orisa37: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2019
Your Delusion Sir. It's Atheistic.
Re: No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. by onlyforchrist: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2019
KardinalZik:
ETERNITY IS REAL!
Heaven is Real!!
Hell is Real!!!
Because you have been there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

E-money: Mr Colling Ezenwa Is Dead (see Details) / The Evils Of Cultism In Schools.what's Your Comment? / The 6 Alien Species Currently Fighting For Control Over Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.